/fat/ Put the fork down

Back to dieting. Do it.

Who is /fat/ for?
For /fat/fucks who want to better themselves through meaningful hard-work, strategy, and dedication

>This is not QTDDTOT, ask questions about fat loss but use that thread for general questions

>Calculate your Body Fat Percentage
fitness.bizcalcs.com/Calculator.asp?Calc=Body-Fat-Navy (Gonna need waist/neck measurements)

>Calculate your TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure)
sailrabbit.com/bmr/ (complex)
fitnessfrog.com/calculators/tdee-calculator.html (simple)

>Plan your weight loss week by week
losertown.org/eats/cal.php

>Track your calories and macros with MyFitnessPal, works best on smartphones
myfitnesspal.com

>Previous Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/29101315
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Fuck. My legs are losing fat faster than my torso. It's embarrassing. I look silly.

Time to squat.

>trying to lose 5lb a month
>october was a bust only made it to 236.4lb
>november looked bad, stalled out at 234ish for two weeks.
>Thanks giving weekend, no way I will lose weight
>Nov 22, 232.2lb
>Nov 26, 231.4lb
>Nov 27, 230.6lb

I have no idea how I lost so much weight so quickly, I am guessing I am making up for that stall I had. I don't think I will be able to get under 230lb by the first of Dec but I am hoping for it.

Also I have now lost almost 90lb total, and I am getting close to that 100lb lost mark. What should I do to celebrate?

After two months in the psychiatric hospital, after an insane psychotic episode where I lost my mind, I'm back on track and fully healed.
I don't know how much I lost while psychotic, it was a blur of fasting and smoking, but at the hospital the meds gave me a crazy appetite and I gained back and some of what I had lost intentionally before. My last recorded weight was 49.5kg (I was going for 47.5kg to start a long clean bulk to put on muscle mass - yes I'm a girl). Now I am 53.9 and going for a moderate 50kg for my first goal weight. I got out the hospital today and headed for groceries. Bought the healthy clean stuff, cooked the dinner myself, am ready to go back to healthy habits.
I'm going to start running, as I can't join a gym since I am moving abroad soon for school.
Hold me /fat/, it feels like i lost months of work on a whim by going mental and i've got to go back to the gulag, but most of all I missed you all. I don't know if the regulars that were here circa summer are still here, but I'm going to grab a blanket and stay comfy here for a while. I'm going slower now, 1.5kg a month should do it.
I hope I lose this ravenous appetite, otherwise I will have to go intermittent fasting or stronger like OMAD in the end. I also am quitting smoking which I had taken up again soon before going insane. It's going to be tough, but I'm confident I can succeed. On the positive, I found a job and I am moving to London soon to study, which will be a nice change of scenery.
Any advice you could give, experiences to share with cutting down hunger caused by medication? Thanks.

I need to improve my pooping routine. I feel bloated and constipated, even though I'm not eating that much to begin with. Which are things I can take to healthily poop every day?

hey bro, here.
I'm going to not go into details much, but let's just say I share the same issue as you, which is due to being in the hospital. I'm pretty sure the meds constipate me a bit, and I get bloated due to smoking and overeating.
One thing I can advise you is to eat lots of fiber, and drink lots of water. you can get those fiber supplements from myprotein.com that are made of apple if you have trouble getting it from your foods, and also try to avoid dairy and veggies that cause constipation and gasses respectively, like cheese and cauliflower. Avoid hard foods to digest like bread. Basically go full veggie-meat-fruit and drink lots of water.
Hope this helps.
Check out this fitness girl who's four months pregnant in those pictures. they say you get really bloated when you get pregnant, but I'm pretty sure this serves as an example to show anything is achievable with the right diet and exercise through the human body. an inspiration really.

Are you eating enough fiber? You might want to get some extra fiber. I get the gummies and those are my little treat for the day.

Other options are just take one weekend that you are not doing anything and take a laxative/get an enema. Just flush yourself out and you will feel better and might get you into a healthy rhythm.

Life happens. You just have to figure out how to deal with the bullshit and keep on living. Back to dieting and getting into a routine will help. I take some antipsychotic meds and at first they were pretty bad for appetite being hungry all the time. Intermittent fasting helps a lot and powering through being hungry until 1 pm gets easier each day you do it. I drink a lot of water to fill the stomach and that helps a lot. A light lunch usually 300 calories and then a bigger dinner usually 800 with a snack in between. After 9 the food stops. I have to be firm with myself and the hunger is just like an itch that will go away as long as I don't scratch it. Scratching that itch only makes it worse. Good luck in London.

Fibrous vegetables like broccoli and cauliflower which you should be eating anyways and Metamucil. Don't drink juice. Tea surprisingly enough can help.

Thanks for the advice, I will try intermittent fasting 16:8 starting tonight. I am currently browsing through myprotein to replenish my stocks in supplements. Anything you'd advise, apart from fiber, multivitamins, omega 3 fish oil, whey and nutri-greens?
I also got a product that seems to be only available in certain countries like mine called flavdrops that enhances the flavor of water for zero calories, some syrups that are zero cals for my cottage cheese (apple cinnamon and golden syrup) and sucralose for my coffee and tea.
I was thinking of trying 5HTP and Zinc.

I've got a mood boost supplement that I got off of Amazon that has 5HTP, L-Theanine, and magnesium in it. It has a bunch of other hippy shit but I'm mainly taking it for those three to help boost GABA in the brain which has be causally linked to helping against intrusive thoughts. Don't take straight GABA. The molecules are too large to make it through the blood brain barrier so you would figuratively be pissing money away. I also take a Taurine supplement for the same reason but it has an added benefit of muscle growth as well. The only other thing I'd recommend is eat cruciferous vegetables for the anti cancer boosts the Sulfophane in them willl give you and I also take a 5000ui Vitamin D pill for much the same reason. Most people are Vitamin D deficient.

Tell some girl about your amazing achievement and she'll probably sleep with you

Thanks for all the tips. I'm scared to take taurine as it's a stimulant and I'm afraid it'll trigger my psychosis in the fact that it'll stop me from sleeping, and my sleep is already fragile from sleeping in a hospital bed for so long.
I had forgotten about vitamin D, I'm copping some. I'm not familiar with GABAs, is 5HTP one? if so, I take it I shouldn't take it alone as you said?
Also I am curious, mind sharing your stats, weight goals, current moods? I'd like to know more.

>GABA
It's brain juice basically. Here's the study on how GABA in the brain can help with intrusive thoughts. Well I would post it but Veeky Forums thinks it's spam. I'll try again in another post.
I asked my Psych for supplements, she's really good about that, and what she recommended is the stuff that are "precursors to GABA in the brain which are Taurine, Magnesium and/or L-theanine taken one at a time to monitor for side effects". It has made a difference. I take Benedryl pills every night to help go to sleep as they are very low on side effects and knock me out after a couple of hours. That was doctor recommended.
I'm 5'11" 199 as of this morning. I got up to 236 at my heaviest. Current weight goal is 178 and then I'll see how I feel first and look second. I lift three times a week. I have my own weights I bought off of Amazon as with the schizophrenia I don't get out much so I'm not going to the gym. If I feel good enough I'll do cardio by walking up and down the street that runs in front of my house since it at the back of a neighborhood. That's pretty rare though. My main focus is on diet. Get enough protein that I can keep on muscle and cut calories so I'm losing mass. I have one of those weird physiques where I still am able to put on muscle while cutting so the Navy Bodyfat calculator is more important than the scale. The end goal is to be as mentally healthy as possible and get abs showing like most Veeky Forumsizens. I'll get there. I just need to be patient, follow the plan, and not stray from it.

Here's the study but if you google for GABA in the hippocampus intrusive thoughts there's a really good nature.com article on it. ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/29101315

Thanks for the study, I'll read through it once I have the time. I'm going to try 5htp first then I'll cycle through L-theanine and lastly taurine. I'm going to see what are the effects on me each at a time, it seems like good advice to do so.
You've been of a great help. at some point during my psychotic episode i had intrusive thoughts, but now i'm sane enough to recognize them as they are. now the med that i take pretty much annihilated them, and i'm good to go for normal life. I only need to learn to talk again as I got recluse, but that's just like shyness and a dull mouth from the tranquilizers they put me on when I was raging. Easily fixed.
I focus also on diet mostly as I said, but I think I'll go to a gym when in London, or running with my dad before work/school.
Mental health is my priority right now but I have a feeling it comes with physical health hand in hand.

Went for a run. Basically the couch to 5k program. First I thought ezy pezy lemon squeezy. But at the end my legs did hurt.

Diet is the huge part of it. Lifting is a metabolism boost as you put on more muscle, and cardio is a good calorie burner so both are a good supplement to a good diet. As I get healthier the mental stuff gets easier. Plus it's quite a confidence boost looker better which helps feel better. It may not solve all my problems but it boosts the base level so the problems get easier to solve. Just keep at it and keep improving. Eventually you'll get to where you want to be.

That gets easier with time

So im eating approximately 1500 calories a day, I work in construction and i get light headed from kneeling/squatting for long periods of time. This didnt happen to me when i was fatter.

Im currently 6'3 236 lbs, my TDEE was estimated 2000 and cutting 500 more for the weight loss.

Do i eat more? Does my body adjust or do i have an underlying heart condition? Please halp.

Yeah. I thought that was wrong. Your TDEE at 6'3" 236 is 2593 at the low end with sedentary lifestyle so that's the conservative estimate. Work your way up a few hundred calories a day and see if you feel better. Check in with a doctor if you don't start feeling better.

How do you guys take your mind of eating when theres nothing to do?

I feel like im gonna crack any second

Greentext unrelated

jeez, could be a lot of things...could be tension, could be heart pressure, could be blood sugar...
I'd suggest keeping your insulin in check first, buy one of those checkers online, then get a heart tension or pressure checker and use it when you get one of those events of light headedness. You'll circle down the issue that way. Other than that, you can try arranging your meals around work, rather than outside work hours. Use snacks during work, a big lunch and breakfast, and do a light dinner. Good luck dude, your body will adjust, as I assume you started recently since you're asking. It happens to all of us, just takes a bit of time.

Get a hobby. Learn a new language. Go hike a mountain and take a picture when you get to the top. Fap 14 times a day. Do something with your life besides just existing.

nice digits, not sure what they're called.
anyway, I guess you should try having an activity such as playing video games, or doing a hobby. You must be talking about free time I assume during which you're bored. So take up a hobby that is productive while you're at it, that way you'll have something to show for it.
You can try playing chess online, drawing, anything of the arts really, or the games. Try reading nutrition and medical ebooks, listen to podcasts, watch documentaries, research topics you like...
As per foods targeted advice :
Chew sugarless gum, drink unsweetened/sweetened with zero cal sugar tea and coffee, drink water, eat low cal veggies like cabbage with zero cal hot sauce as snacks.

Are you well hydrated? That could cause headaches regardless of food.

>tfw not a fat fuck
>tfw just ate a bowl of pasta and some gabagool

How's it going lardass? Drop any lbs lately?

I'm doing pretty well. Dropped a few pounds after Thanksgiving. I'm getting there. How are you doing?

You post here every day. Might become fat tit too. Be careful.

>Gabagool?

Over here.

thanks for asking, lost 15 kg in 3 months.

Good, keep it up. You're gonna make it.

nonono, i've been on the edge before. The key is to start fasting when you're in the danger zone, add cardio into the mix and the fat melts off like cheddar. It's simple after the first time you pull it off.

I know this is dumb babby shit but
>first day at the gym
>could only do 10 min of cycling
>2nd day
>12 min
>3rd day (today)
>30 min
I feel happy to make that progress; I plan on researching lifting and start on my 4th or 5th day.
I just hope I can keep the momentum going.

may gains and good health (even if they're small as mine) come to you all

try brushing your teeth or using mouth wash whenever you feel that craving

The first steps are the hardest. It looks like you're off to a great start. Keep going. The hard part is being consistent. Do something everyday.

couple of quick tips:
>lift THEN do cardio
>don't be ashamed if you're lifting small at first, focus on form over weight
>make sure you're breathing correctly when you're doing the cycling (trivial but it can really help)

Don't forget to eat enough protein and other good foods if you want to get muscle gain, but if you're a noob you can still make gains even on a caloric deficit for some time after you start.

Wash away water weight

Hi fit, according to my phone app I need to eat 2000 cals to lose 0.75kgs/week. I've already eaten 1500 and it's late, should I leave it at that or get something quick to eat to get the 2000 mark? 196cm 90 kgs btw.

If you're not hungry 1500 is fine. You shouldn't eat below 1200 but anything in between there and your goal is fine.

Don't you lose muscle this way tho?

>Don't you lose muscle this way tho?
no
>should I leave it at that or get something quick to eat
are you hungry? then yes, get something that's 500 calories or less to eat

>You shouldn't eat below 1200
Why

You lose muscle cutting in general. Your metabolism also lowers. What you need to strategize for in order to get optimal results is the least amount of muscle loss as possible which means higher protein foods and lifting while lowering your metabolism as little as possible which means eating above 1200.

Keeps your metabolism loss in a better place.

Thx for the info user, I'll keep it in mind.

Got pretty fucking drunk last Friday resulting in me spending all day in bed, vomiting. Didn't eat a single thing.

Price you pay.

Hey look at it this way, sure I fucked up my liver really bad, but the cals in the alcohol I drank probably got cancelled out by the fact I ate nothing the day after.

Electrolytes would be my first culprit. Then hydration, etc. If you're taking any "diet pills" or pre-workouts, or if you're pounding back anything with mass amounts of caffeine in it--try to cut back or cease it to see if that's the cause. It sounds exactly like what I had which was hypotension as a result of a sinus tachycardia triggered by my pre-workouts. The blood is pooling to your legs and your hearts weak from over pumping. Stay safe and hydrated and to play it safe see a doc to do a holter test.

Of course, it might be something else entirely for you but it sounds hella similar to me months ago and electrolytes and cutting down on caffeine helped LOADS

four bacon strips (uncured)
5.5oz of chicken (grilled, pepper/ginger seasoned)
three fried eggs (hot sauce)
water for the rest of the day

I've been doing this for the last two months strictly and lost 22lbs, will this mess me up soon? I just do it because it's easy and I'm not even remotely hungry at the end of big day of day laboring

>will this mess me up soon
is your goal to gain muscle or lose weight?

lose weight reasonably fast while trying to maintaining the small amount of muscles I have from being a sub contractor. I exercise after work but it's pretty light, mostly just cardio and minor lifting

I'd consider eating more protein and maybe some more fat but nah, that won't fuck you up. as long as it's good for you, then keep it up man, 22 pounds in two months is fantastic

>Gained weight again
Only 10 kg removed from my goal weight, yet it feels fucking impossible. I really envy the spooky skeletons who manage to always remain skinny. I'm now wondering whether it's bad genetics or just me being a weakwilled prole.

Are you exercising?

>friend started keto at the beginning of the year
>already lost 100lbs and looks good as fuark
>meanwhile i've been eating nothing but junk food, already broke 300lbs

sounds like you need a change of diet user

Yeah I started (((keto))) last week and I feel like I'm in this for the long haul, but it still depresses me knowing I could've started at the beginning of the year and already dropped a fuckload of weight.

Not to mention all the money I've wasted on McDonalds when keto meals are like 1/4'th the cost.

I am a 6" 270lb [spoiler] female [/spoiler] I have been eating 1800 calories a day but I am not losing weight. Every sight says I should be. I have lost 50lb so far so and my diet hasn't changed but for the last few months I have been stuck at 270 and have only lost like 5lb in the last 4 months. I really don't know what is wrong. I was losing g a pound a week then like a switch it turned off. Anyone have any idea why I hit a platue and just can't break through it?

>I am a 6" 270lb [spoiler] female [/spoiler] I have been eating 1800 calories a day but I am not losing weight
You're not eat 1800 calories a day. You're fucking up somewhere.

Too high, go 1400.

Try it, I couldn't do keto. Didn't make me feel good and was too hard to keep up with. I have lost 55lb this year with a standard low calorie diet. Do what works for you.

Like I said I have lost 50lb so far, counting calories and I don't think I am counting wrong. My diet has not really changed either. So I don't understand the platue.

Your BMR decreases as you lose weight. You'll have to cut more. I recommend dropping to 1500 and look into intermittent fasting.

WASH AWAY WATER WEIGHT

Add a refeed day every two weeks or so and aim for slight above your maintenance
I think that's what kept me from plateauing while a friend with similar bodytype and weight gets stuck here and there with his weight

Hey /fat/ been doing keto for a month now, went from 134kg to 119kg, that's 295lbs to 262lbs.
I've started light lifting 2 weeks ago, currently doing pic related, the kettlebell routine from ketogains.
Anyone have any tips, remarks, shit I'm doing wrong?
Another question, anyone have any good suggestions for calories that aren't carbs. Currently I'm stuffing myself with every meal and only barely hitting 1100 and I don't wanna fuck up my metabolism.

>pic related
>doesn't upload it
Fuck me.

Went to the gym for the first time in a while. Had a pretty great workout, did 45 minutes of cardio, and I think this cute girl at the gym was miring me.

Got myself on some anti-depressants, got out of a toxic living situation. Feels good man. I finally feel like I'm going to make it.

Got the results for my testosterone levels back. Don't recall the unit of measurement but I'm at 150, where "normal" is 300-1000 and actual normal is probably 600-1000. My dick/balls/beard/etc all developed normally so I'm clearly not full Klinefelter's, but obviously something is up.

I've been over 300 pounds for almost a decade (I'm 25) so that has a lot to do with it. But it also probably doesn't explain it being THAT low.

Anyone else here had confirmed low test?

Here's a confession...

I have 10 pounds to go and have gotten this far by calorie deficit.
I don't know what the fuck is up with me but my appetite has been monstrous lately. In fact...I've been basically swiping food from my dormmate. Not a lot, of course. A pancake out of a stack or a spoon of peanut butter. Stuff like that. This is maximum degenerate shit and I always feel like shit afterwards.

On one hand, I don't keep much food in the house for a purpose and this worked for a while but...when one of my dormmates said "user, you're always starving yourself, you can just take some from me" a dent was made in my will. Then it got worse from there.

And I notice that despite eating 1600 calories today (way over my budget) I still feel hungry. This is very, very unusual for me. I consider 1400 a hearty, filling day.

Honestly. What the fuck.

Eat more proteins and drink more water to help with your appetite, I guess.

Alright bros I'll try to keep the blogpost short but I do have a question at the end. Current cut has been 185lbs to 145lbs in 4 months with a 1500 cal/day cap, usually coming in around 1300 or 1400. As of now I'm at 1600 BMR, ~2200 TDEE.

I don't think I even plateaud, but I've been trying a short maintenance refeed since Thanksgiving since it seemed like an ideal time to start. Anons have suggested 1 day, 3 days or even 2 or 3 weeks before going back to cutting. Today is the 5th day and I'm trying to figure out when I should go back to cutting. Any suggestions on timeframes, /fat/izens?

Usually five to seven days at maintenance. then six weeks of cuttting. Rinse and repeat.

hey /fat/
I'm starting lifting this week but my club only has machines. there's the basics of machines, it's well equipped and there's free weights.
What kind of routine can I do with those meanwhile I search for a free weights gym that allows deadlifts and stuff like snatch (an oly/powerlifting gym basically) when I move?
Are machine routines a meme?
please help me build a program!

don't do machines to build muscle, your smaller muscles for balancing won't get worked

>tfw double chin is GONE

I only lost 25lbs, but results are showing

we all gonna make it

Can I do machines for strength though?
It'll be a temporary three months before I move, I assume I won't get too disproportionate.
I hate my stupid country, there's literally no affordable gym that has the requirements to do a LPP.

WASH AWAY WATER WEIGHT

WASH AWAY WATER WEIGHT

Machines won't give you any functional strength, you'll only get better at doing machines. Your gym has dumbbells, look up a routine you can do with them. There are good replacements for deadlift/snatch.

Cool cool, sounds good. Fitting 2000 cals in has been pretty tough but I don't want it to start feeling easy. I think I'll go with 7 days cuz I did 4 straight months of cutting.

There is no way that is not a dude with that shoulder/hip ratio and those hands.

Nice job man, keep it up. What was your start weight, current weight, and goal weight? And height, if you don’t mind my asking. Are you needing help hitting 2k calories, healthily?

hey /fat/

5'11 230lb here

I've been lifting regularly with my roommate for the past month or so, and I've been trying to cut calories (but I haven't been as consistent on that as I have the lifting)

I'm seeing some pretty good strength gains, and I'm almost two loops tighter on my belt than I was a month or two ago, but I'm not losing much weight (about 5lb over the past month)

Is this normal? Should I cut calories more strictly?

>I'm not doing the thing I'm supposed to be doing, you guys think that might help?

Thanks man, I sure plan on it this time. Trying to keep this blogpost short again.

5'6 manlet. About 4 years ago I was at 240lb and that was my tipping point. Serious'd the fuck up and starting hanging on Veeky Forums, doing all the research I could. Got down to 165 in 9 or 10 months. Moved back home for reasons and very slowly crawled back up to 190 over a year. Keto'd down to 160 then back to 185. This current cut has been easy breezy for some reason. I have consistent exercise that I enjoy and look forward to every day (I play high-level DDR via StepMania on a pad, essentially HIIT cardio). Diet has been varied and really easy to stick to this time. Almost too easy, but I'm grateful for it.

My soft goal was to hit normal BMI range,

>182cm/5'11" king of the manlets
>down 99 kg to 86 kg
>still have fat girlbutt
It's been like 5 months and I'm looking way better but I am so done with being fat. God damn.

Boys, can I do shit like GLSP without chinups and just do more OHP? I can't face going back to the gym right now, my anxiety is playing up and I have to hold it together for work, I don't like how people look at me at the gym. Irrational, but working on it.

I can't afford a home chinup bar for the doorway right now, so thinking just more OHP. Is it gonna cause problems?

I'm a fat fuck, so this is just to maintain muscle while I cut, not to bulk or anything.

Any good recommended routines you know of? I have some dumbbells, and would like to use them more.

I'm skinny fat and I wonder how people can eat healthy food? Seriously, I almost vomited eating spinach

My maintenance cals is 1600 ( i'am a manlet) so should i cut at 1100cals or 1200. U guys say dont go lower than 1200

I've been wearing the same clothes since I started my weight loss. It's about 33kg down, at this point.

I mentioned to coworkers I bought some new clothes, and they are "looking forward" to seeing me in them.

That's kind of fucked up.

There are all kinds of healthy foods, don’t constrain yourself to ones you don’t like.

Cut to whatever you feel you can handle. Frankly there’s not much of a difference at that level. 250 are the minimum differences that matter (e.g. 1250 vs 1500)

Why? Seems like they’re proud of you.

1100 would be fine for you, but what the fuck? Are you like 4'0"?

Maybe I mean more "that's crazy"

I've never been confident about my appearance. The idea that people are interested in how I look is pretty foreign to me.

Anyone else making dick gains? I have dropped 90lb and notice my looks huge when I am flaccid...okay maybe not huge but noticably bigger. I know it is the roll of fat that is not covering my dick but it feels good. Also I noticed I get much harder and my load is massive. I wonder if that is from higher test. Anyway, anyone else with dick gains?

>be 250lbs a couple years ago
>now low 190's
>want to go into the military
>week and a half ago my recruiter told me I needed to be 181 or 24% BMI
>he measured me at 194 / 27% BMI
>was 191.x yesterday
>woke up 192.7 today
>currently 194.5

What are the chances I wake up at 191 tomorrow morning? At absolute worst I think I had maybe 1500 calories today but also worked off about 200

>guys i put on so much muscle i need to get some new shirts!
>wow user, i can't wait to see you in them!

STOP SHAMING ME!

>tfw the squat rack was taken the entire time I was at the gym
Today wasn't supposed to be a day that I dead lifted.

Just do any of the popular beginner routines but replace barbell with dumbbell versions that you can search for

Try fasting
Keep your water up but fast regularly and continue exercising hard