Home Gym Set-ups and Advice

So I want to enjoy being able to lift in the comfort of my own home when I get off a ten hour shift at work. I really only need a power cage/rack, barbell, bench, dip attachment, and weights. Can anyone recommend anything? Cage needs to be able to bear at least 600LBs.

Also, general home gym thread.

Other urls found in this thread:

roguefitness.com/rml-390f-flat-foot-monster-lite-rack
homemadestrength.blogspot.com/2011/04/saw-horse-safety-stands_28.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Where do you live OP?
It all depends on what you want to do,if you are planing to powerlift or weightlift.
Whats your budget too?

Georgia, Clapistan. I mostly just want to do basic weightlifting. Bench, diddys, squats, OHP, rows, ect. I also want something where I can do pull-ups and weighted dips on. My budget is $700-$800 tops.

H-hello?

What are you lifting now?

Do you need the full 600lbs now?

If not, buy a cheap cage, bar and plates to keep you going to next pay day. Then keep adding to it a little each payday and save a little for a good cage for when you need it

Most I will squat is 435LBs, so probably not. Any cheapo cages you can recommend?

there are local used sporting goods stores near you. if you can't find a decent bar, buy new, but otherwise used is fine.

ah home gym thread you say?

I'm looking at power racks for my garage right now. I can't attest to quality forst-hand, but both Titan and RepFitness have entry-level racks in your price range with good reviews.

If you’re even reasonably handy, consider building a power rack, tons of DIY stuff out there.

I doubt it's worth the trouble if you're looking at just buying a $200-300 rack. If you don't have the tools you could easily spend that much or even more on supplies, depending on how you go about it. That sounds like a good project if you're doing it for fun or the experience, but it's not necessarily going to save a ton of money togethef with the time costs and frustration costs if you hate building projects.

this is my homegym. as you can see it's pretty badass

rack is 810xlt by fitness reality. sold on amazon for cheap with 800# capacity and i got it on sale for 150$. titan fitness sells accessories to their t-2 racks which fit this rack pretty well including jcups and dip attachments and other stuff. i run a 5/3/1 split in my apartment and it's super nice.

lots of stuff is on sale right now but if i were to start from scratch i would keep this rack but spend more on a nice bar like the ohio bar from Rogue and whatever plates you want. buy bumpers if you want to be lux as fux

nice flag

Is this a meme?

Yep.

Don't buy a cage if you have a sturdy floor and know how to dump squats. Not only does a cage or even a rack take up space but they're expensive.

Go to your local steel merchant and get 2 long box sections. Borrow an angle grinder or sweat with a hacksaw and cut them so they can sit at your wall at an angle of 25 degrees, probably will be 2m per section. Get a flat steel girder of length 0.5m. the sections are the uprights and the girder is your project pins.

Cut the girder into 8 pieces. Leave the sections. Use self tapping bolts to screw these pieces to the uprights to act as your pins for squatting and benching. Now, get four 7ish X 15ish shallow blocks of wood. Screw these to the wall about 2 metres up, about a distance apart as can provide a good bench press grip (measure a power rack sideways or eyeball it bearing in mind you'll need 2-3 inches either end to allow you to dump the bar when benching without pinching your palms against the uprights. Screw the remaining two blocks to the floor to act as braces on the floor to prevent your uprights from sliding. The initial blocks will allow the uprights to rest against the wall without damaging the material. Feel free to secure them elsewise (can give recs) but I've never needed to despite dumping 4plate+ squats on the pins.

I'll elaborate later with pics if anyone wants as I'm probably approaching the word limit. If I forget I'll make a new thread if I see interest.

For interest, this cost me about £50 (convert to your own fucking currency)

Forgot to mention - this is the only solution I've ever found that is both secure and detachable/stackable, essentially taking up no room if that's a priority. Takes all of 1 minute to assemble.

in for pics

These can make a decent substitute squat rack, but they are prone to tipping over.

dude no

I like this idea, pics? Any other diy stuff?

I don't recommend cheaping out on something that can literally be the difference between life and death if you're working out alone.

roguefitness.com/rml-390f-flat-foot-monster-lite-rack

I have this and I love it. Unfortunately once you add barbell and plates and dip attachment it's gonna go over your budget.

What I did was I bought barbell and plates first and just worked out with overhead, diddlies, cleans for a while until I could afford the rack for bench and squats.

It's 5am and I'm now drunk in bed. If the thread is active when I'm up, I'll post. If not I'll make my own under the name rack brah.

thanks, have a good night sleep. (for the gainz) {no homo}

So if you check back in 8-12 hours, I'll provide details, including a full equipment list and where you're likely to find them.

you LITERALLY just missed rogue fitness's once-yearly sale, where you couldve gotten like $200 off a power cage plus free shipping (would usually be like $200 on its own) for your whole order

SCHTOP

No they can't

Yep, see

Argentinafag here. It isn't exactly cheap to build a homegym here, everything is fucking overpriced to shit, shipping thing isn't really an option.

I was wondering if you guys had any advice on starting a homegym on the cheap. I'll probably keep my gym subscription while I gather the stuff, so I don't mind getting them little by little.

I'm looking at the rogue r3. Seems pretty solid and concise

guess ill start a home gym next year

I've seen saw horses suggested before. They can hold a lot of weight and are inexpensive. Here's an example.

homemadestrength.blogspot.com/2011/04/saw-horse-safety-stands_28.html

definitely seconding this site. I have a bigboi homegym nowadays but his ghetto approach gives my /diy/ heart a boner, and it's pretty idiot proof all things considered.

Saved this from some other home gym thread

I'm currently saving money for a bench, barbells and some weights.