How long can you sit in a full squat Veeky Forums?

Just get on the ground and sit in a full squat for as long as you can. Post results. If you can't, you're an immobile fuck. Seriously, work on that shit.

Other urls found in this thread:

kalzumeus.com/2014/11/07/doing-business-in-japan/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I used to be able to go literally for ever.Now maybe 10 minutes before it hurts a lot.
But it didn't happen overnight,had to build it up all the way from 2 minutes.

i can sit in a full squat for as long as i want. how can people not do this?

I can do it but I fall backwards if I'm not holding something

Ankle and hip mobility are real things.
Some people ( most sedentary people i'd say ) have tight hips ligament and aren't flexible for shit.It's something to work on,just like muscles.

daily reminder that if you cant perform a full squat for over 10 minutes, you are dysfunctional.

Tighten core

Most people who aren't slavs have shortened tendons down there because they never squat like that.

After mastering the full squat I can't do the western squat anymore

>Western squat
Seems like JUST for your knees

same, dont feel any pain or anything

I'm a slav, I can squat anywhere for days

Same, ass to grass.

more for your heels actually

Tbh everyone should be squatting more than they're sitting

>How long can you sit in a full squat

Uh that's the natural sitting position OP pretty sure everyone can sit in that position forever.

>I'm a slav, I can squat anywhere for days
im a jap, same here.

Literally just ask some friends and family to sit in a full squat w/ heels on the ground for a minute without leaning on something or falling over.

LOL I can sit that way as long as I want. Now, my knees may hurt like a motherfucker when I finally get back up, but I can stay down that way as long as you like.

Pretty much indefinitely

>sit on ass all day and never use leg muscles

There you go.

At least ten minutes, but I can't barbell backsquat, even if I hold an imaginary barbell I can't do it, my mid-to-upper back gets insanely tight and it feels like it's about to snap as I descend, anyone know how to fix?

fuck off pajeet

i have deep hip sockets so sitting in this position for long periods of time is objectively retarded

I feel ya

never gonna make it

>tfw buttwink when any bit under parallel

Is it even possible to fix? I go full cat back when I try slav squatting

In regards to what? Lol

Have you tried torso-centric stretches?

I usually sleep 8 hours in a full squat, with lmao 2pl8

>I go full cat back when I try slav squatting
Sitting relaxed in a deep squat/third world squat is not supposed to be done with a neutral lordosis. In fact, very few people will ever be able to do so (talking butt cheeks to ankles here). And it's not the point. It's a relaxed position.

If you want to load up huge poundages on your back however, you will want to limit your depth to the point where you can still maintain a straight back in order to best be able to absorb and adapt to stress.

I used to shit like that when I was a kid, I didn't actually put my ass on the toilet seat until about grade 6. Now I can barely hold that position for 5 minutes

>arbitrary fit standards

I can, but if I'm not wearing stretchy pants (ie. when I'm wearing jeans) then I cant' hold it for more than a couple minutes. If I
'm in my underwear, nude or my yoga pants then I can pretty much do it indefinitely. It really makes me weep for my generation when I see men my age who can't touch their toes without bending their legs, or who need support under their pelvis to reach a comfortable squatting pose. When did we become so immobile?

I'm an Indian, I can only squat in certain streets.

I couldn't do this at all about a year ago but I started high bar ATG squatting and working on mobility to do so and now I have no trouble sitting in this position for long periods of time. It's actually more comfortable than others desu.

Indefinitely.

Squat is a natural resting position for humans

Half Asian, I fell asleep full squatting for like 30 mins

is correct
but if you want to increase squat depth while keeping a neutral spine, you need to increase ankle and hip mobility.
Your lumbar rounds to keep your center of mass over your feet.
When you dorsiflex your ankles, your center of mass moves forward over your feet and your back doesn't need to make any changes.
If you have greater hip mobility, your butt will be able to move forward between your thighs to keep your center of mass over your feet without rounding the spine.

Vietnamese here. I've been sitting like that since I was a wee lad, even used to sit in chairs at school that way like an autist. None of my white friends have flexibility even near to me though, so who's laughing now faggots

Can confirm
Fucked up my knee squatting atg but going on my toes a bit at the bottom. Hopefully ill be better soon

i think this is one of the ways in which i won the genetic lottery because I've never seen squatting as a "stretch" (depth limited by balance more than anything) even when I was a fatass and managed to do this for 5 minutes before getting bored just now.

wish i could have won the genetic lottery in not being an ugly cunt instead though

Fuck you cunts i am Indian and i can do it forever , u fags know what i am talking bout rigth?

me you stupid chink

>Vietnamese here.
>I've been sitting like that since I was a wee lad
pretty sure you're still a wee lad

I broke my leg a few times and now I have very poor ankle mobility. It feels like the joint itself is unable, not the connective tissue. I've had to give up squatting for the time being because I have such horrible buttwink, I'd just be asking for a lower back injury.

t. dimitri

probably since you go do it on the beach every morning you take a shit, you dirty fucking ape

Is nip land anything like the animes? Been thinking of moving over there

I could probably do it comfortably for hours. I've been trying to squat for a few minutes each day for about a year now. Sitting normally has gotten slightly uncomfortable.

get in the tunnel

Fucking underrated

i can't. how are you freaks not falling the fuck backwards? some sort of dirty ethnic CHEATING.

Same. Its a resting state. Its how I sit sometimes to rest when there is nothing to sit on or benches are wet/dirty

>When did we become so immobile?

TV + computers my dude

forever
>.t slav

I squat on my chair sometimes as a sitting position, feels very comfortable
Yes, I was born in Russia

American here, can squat long time, somehow blows friends minds

It's ankle mobility.

Same. It must be my polish side seeping through

use your arms to balance, use your ankles for stability

>Just get on the ground and sit in a full squat for as long as you can.
Used to be able to do so indefinitely, but twisted my ankle two years ago and it starts to bother me after 30 minutes or so.
Stops if I move that ankle around a bit.

>Been thinking of moving over there
Read this and don't:
kalzumeus.com/2014/11/07/doing-business-in-japan/

>use your arms to balance
If you need to do this, your mobility is shit.
You use your arms to do arm-related things, you sit down by not being a stiff burgerclap.

I literally cannot get my heels on the ground lol

Poo

I'm Slavic. So indefinitely

Idk but its pretty comfy I'm pretty sure I could just chill like this. Western squats(why are they called that) are actually much more uncomfortable.