How long will it take to bench 2pl8s for reps if I'm currently at lmao1pl8?

How long will it take to bench 2pl8s for reps if I'm currently at lmao1pl8?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Ji5ieq8JdnQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

half a year if your bulking

I'm actually bulking properly for the first time in my life. 4k calories daily.

yea i reckon if your bulking u gotta follow a good routine or u wont see reliable gains

>tfw benched 150 for the first time in my life today

i'm so weak it's ridiculous, but it felt good even tho I only got 1x5 & 2x3

Its okay user I couldn't lift the bar at one point now I do 155 for 3x10 as drop set. Getting very close to 225.

took me 4 months for 1 rep 225, so probably 6 months max

at 170 lb

Increase weight by 5 lbs once a week.
Difference between 2pl8 and 1pl8 is 90 lbs.
90 lbs/(5 lbs/week) = 18 weeks

Really as early as 9 weeks if you're really doing everything right and have the mass.

>Increase weight by 5 lbs once a week
I'm kinda scared to do that. I also don't wanna be an autistic annoying cunt going up to someone every time i need a spot unless its my ORM. Also how much do u bench a week?

good job user, i hope you hit 225 soon

same here brah. first time in the gym i couldn't even machine chest press 10 lbs for reps. about to get a 185 bench soon. 225 will come shortly afterwards i'm sure.

Youlll never know if you dont try

Just do your bench press in the power rack / squat rack and set the bar-catch so you can just dump the weight if you fail

nsuns 531 has me benching twice a week, although I only increase the weight at most once a week. I have never asked for a spot in my life but I have had to do the roll of shame two times pretty safely but embarrassingly. I only BP 230 for a few reps currently.

I've been hovering around 165 for a long fucking time and then I started eating and my bench blew up, it's not a meme.

7 months for 1rm at 76 kg 11months for reps and now 33months for 3pl8 1rm at 86kg bw

Won't people think i'm an asshole?
I guess i've been playing it too safe. On a bulk right now so i should start increasing. But with the bench its different than adding on to a OHP or deadlift because then if you fuck up you have to hold it until someone saves you or do the roll of shame. Both very shameful

Eat a lot and improve your form
Benching is the most bodyweight dependant lift, so losing even the tiniest bit of weight could make you stall
Currently at 80kg pause close grip bench press for 5 reps at 62.5kgs, and i've been cutting for almost 3 months

I have a hazy memory but the first time I benched I think I loaded a 25 on each side and couldn’t lift it. Then my buddy told me to drop it to 10 and I was struggling. Finally he suggested to just do the bar. Even the bar was wobbly as fuck. Fast forward two years and I was repping 2 plates. Jump forward another four years and I was repping three and close to benching four. Crazy how much I’ve progressed as a lifter. Feels good, thinking of those good ol’ days when everything was simple and life was fun. Now I can barely bench two plates again but I’m not discouraged as I am in a different stage of my life right now and my goals have changed.

To all you starting, I say this, keep going. You will get to any goal you set yourself to whether it’s lifting or not. Your mind is strong and your body will become strong too. Never stop believing in yourself. You might stall here and there and that’s perfectly fine. Just push through. You may get injured and that’s ok too, you will heal but just keep pushing through.

I love you all Veeky Forums. You’ve been there when I was at my lowest. You’ve made me laugh when I was sad. You’ve given me many feels.

To the seasoned and to the new, continue on. I’ll see you when you make it.

Started at lmao1pl8 2 weeks ago, started juicing and already at 1 and a half pl8 for reps. Will be at 2pl8 in 2 more weeks. Time for you to leave humanity behind OP

Say goodbye to your joints and ligaments and say hello to perpetual soreness and overuse injuries

>adiós

>benching 4plate.
Stop telling lies on the internet user

Been lifting for 6 weeks. Started on 1pl8, stalled last week on 1.5pl8.
This weekend I had a bowl of French Onion Soup.
Yesterday I benched 6pl8.

well it took me like a year to get my bench to 265 even though i have long-ass arms so if you're eating enough (3-4k calories, 1g of protein per pound of bodyweight, etc) and progressing consistently you should make it in a bit

Never reached it.

>I roided, btw

>jucing this early on
user i hope you're joking, because if not you are the dumbest person ever.

I was at one pl8 for a long time, mostly because I was fucking around. Not eating enough, missing gym days. I'm doing 1 plate + 2.5 platelet now for 3 X 5.

oh, ye of little test! a 4 plate bench is possible! it is a far-off goal that takes years of dedication, like a 7 plate deadlift, but it is possible!

>been lifting for 7 months and I haven't even reached 1pl8 yet
Should I kms and reroll?

you should lift more and eat more

p-post body

>switched to close grip bench and have increased my estimated max to 95kg
feels good man

Got my new 1rm of 100kg yesterday, feels good brethren

Is this from a video?
Is he really about to rep that?
Because it looks like something bad is about to happen
There's something about those arms and that grip that just do not say 135 lbs

I can't into freedom measurements

is lmao1pl8 25kg on each end, therefore bar + 50kg total?

I can bench 32kg for 5x8, I weigh 58kg. I don't know if that is good progress after three months.

bar + 20 kg each side = 60kg total = ~135 freedom units

lol i've been benching 1,5plaet since forever and never even realised

i'm happy now, i'm a skinnyfat cunt but benching has been easy mostly, chest day is best day

> 1.5pl8
> chest day
checks out

could be a low as 6-12months
or 3 years

depends if you commit or spin your wheels

depends largely on diet, a bit on exercise, and some genes.
I went from 100kg bench, to 140kg in about 4 months. had a basic PPL split that i did twice a week. bodyweight went from 87 to 92, so i'd say alot of that was muscle

4 months to hit 140 from 100 wew lad that's amazing

You don't need a spotter if you know how to safely drop the bar on your chest and roll it to your lap. Then you can lower it to the ground. YouTube roll of shame.

Nobody has asked the real questions yet that would actually help answer this.
Op:
>What does your program look like?
>Are you exactly at 1pl8? Or is there loose change in there, or slightly less?
>Anything that could potentially cause you to lose progress?
>Are you eating/sleeping properly?

took me half a year to reach 8x 135
to me another year for 5x 225

youtube.com/watch?v=Ji5ieq8JdnQ
I found that this guy's ques have really helped me. A few weeks ago I was in the same position. I'm now at 70kg (and climbing); his technique is definitely attributable to that.

about a month.

before somebody kills themselves. you do need a spotter or safety rack. All it takes is one slip at 80 kg plus for the bar to fall on your throat and kill you.

Not OP but I'm at 1pl8 lmao bench and am curious as well.

>GSLP with curls and tricep pushdowns on OHP day and incline DB press and lat raises on bench day.

> At 1pl8 exactly atm, will be going for 62.5kg tonight. Did 60 for 5,5,5,9. (I've added an extra set for the first lift)

>sleep and alcohol

>eating in general, with protein as well. I've put on 2.5kg of muscle and 1.5kg of fat like the past 1-2 months. Only getting 6 hours sleep a night so really need to address that. And I'm quite fond of 1-3 beers before bed say 3x a week. Haven't had a heavy nights drinking in about 2 weeks.

From memory, GSLP is benching 1-2 times a week, yeah? So 3 times every 2 weeks. at a 2.5lb increase every bench session, that's 90lb of increase you need to get to 1pl8. You can increase at 7.5lb at max every two weeks. 90/7.5 means it'll take you 12 weeks (3 mo).

So 12 weeks, assuming you add on 7.5lb of weigh on your bench every two weeks. GSLP uses deloads from memory. So lets say at one point you stall, deload by 5lb and work back up. That's another 2 week increment, so 14. You mentioned alcohol, so I'm gonna add on another 2 week increment just in case you go binging and miss a session. 16 weeks so far.

By my shitty mathematics, I think that in 16 weeks/4 months you'll be at 2pl8 bench, assuming no injuries and decent form, plus continuously striving to add weight.

Feel free to check my work. I'm a retard on the internet with no qualifications at all.

3x5, 1x9? what kinda shit is that lol

for strength you want 5x3-5 or some shit...
i currently do 90kg inclines for 5x 6reps,
works great

but yeah, 5x3-5 is better for strength

Or you could position the bar correctly it falls on your chest dummy

>(I've added an extra set for the first lift)

well stop that then

4k calories? you will become fat just like i got fat eating 3.5k cal

> accidents don't happen
> slips tears don't happen
>2 pl8 on your chest won't break a rib if not kill you

What's so bad about that user adding in a burnout set on a program designed to have an AMRAP set? He definitely shouldn't be doing anything too stupid, but he could definitely drop some of the weight from the bar and do a burnout set after his AMRAP set. Not super uncommon.

188cm, 86kg

4.5months lifting, am i fuqd?

I started a month ago with adjustable dumbbells at home. No bench so it's a floor press

I'm doing 3x12 with 16kg (I'm a fatty with pretty much no muscle) and I'm just realizing that's not even a barbell. Should I try doing 3x5 20kg? I'm only doing 12 reps cause the PPL routine I'm doing set that as the ceiling

OHP is fuqd

took me like 3 months. i just ate a shit ton and got good sleep and rest. kept increasing weight everytime i was benching. also make sure to hold the weights with a grip so you can develope strong grip. working on deadlifts and squats. almost 3 pl8 for squat and 2 and a half for deadlift. idk how to deadlift right. sometimes i feel i lift with my back and its going to destroy me in the future.

If you set up correctly (your neck behind the rack bars) there's no physical way the bar will hit you in the neck. If you can't slow down an 80kg bar you shouldn't be benching it.

>Started at lmao1pl8 2 weeks ago, started juicing
i hope this is bait

That's pretty odd, but as long as you're progressing you sould be alright. Remember that lifting a certain weight is easier or harder for some people, since it really depends on how you're built. For example if you have very narrow shoulders, you're obviously gonna have much harder time bench pressing than the average guy. If you're a skinny lanklet with long arms it's gonna get even harder. Don't sweat it, weights are hardly comparable for different people, just keep progressing at your pace.

See

>rep 1 pl8 at 150lbs
bulk
>rep 2pl8 at 290lbs
cut
>rep 1.01 pl8 at 152lbs

depends on your mindset.

maybe you were cutting too hard? 500 kcal?

Been lifting 11 weeks and failed my final 3x5 set at 72.5kg. Deloading 10% next session.

an AMRAP set is great you retards

>You can increase at 7.5lb at max every two weeks. 90/7.5 means it'll take you 12 weeks
no, that means it will take you 12 two week periods you fucking brainlet.

Dumbbells require various different stabilizer muscles not activated in barbell bench. Your dumbbell bench in no way can be translated to your barbell, besides that it's lower.

So I shouldn't worry too much about comparing numbers? Still, I feel like I should put a bit more weight on them

> properly bulking at 4k kcal

I hope youre at least 6'8 fag working manual labour

If you're looking to develop foundational strength, yes, you should bump up weight. 12 reps develops more hypertrophy for endurance, less strength

>tfw I started to lift last week
> can barely bench the bar
> can barely squat 125
>Never deadlifted in my life
> 140 lbs soaking wet
> come back from gym feeling like jelly
It's hard but I'm going to keep going. It's about time for me to take exercise seriously.

I thought that was a meme. Stupid question ahead: can I mix it up to work on both? Like, first push day of the week I do 3x12 with lower weight and in the second 5x5 with heavier stuff? Or would that just shoot me in the foot?

Not the same poster but I would do both to develop more work capacity and to not plateau so easily.

My starting baseline max rep was 1pl8 bench because I do a fair bit of manual labour. I now do 12x6 at this weight 7 weeks after starting to lift, hitting the bench 3 times a week with back/bi and chest/tri on rotation shoulders on off bench days.

4k cals is way too much brudda unless you're massive already

I bulked on 3500 trying to get from 1/2/3/4 to 2/3/4/5 and I hit 185/265/355/485 but in the 12 weeks of that bulk I gained 27lbs. Not all of that is fat mind you, higher carb intake and all that lead to more water retention, but still, 165lbs to 192 in 3 months eating 3500. I totally fell for the meme.

Thank god I learned about IF as I'm back down to 169lbs after 2.5mo.

Been there as well, if you eat enough or get your calories via milk etc and work hard you will see rapid change. Good luck

I'll give it a shot, thanks

We all gotta start somewhere user. Congrats!

Can finally bench BW (185) after plateauing at 165 for a while.

We're gonna make it, user.

when Veeky Forums says benching 1 plate or squating 2 plate, how many reps do they mean?

Agreed. I've seen reference to PPL for a few weeks strength, few weeks endurance, as the typical rule of thumb, but I'm sure that'll work.

I always figured you were approaching a good spot compared to normies once you could rep it for a normal work out - i.e. 4-6 reps.
For me, my initial goal was 2pl8 bench, 3pl8 squat, 4pl8 deadlift. Once I was able to do that, I stopped feeling like a weak piece of shit. I know it's not great compared to some of the people on fit, but it's miles above the general population. From there I've just been going up 5 pounds every couple weeks.

But I'm a manlet (5'11") so my opinion is invalid.

OP here.
>>What does your program look like?
I bench 5x5 twice a week.
>>Are you exactly at 1pl8? Or is there loose change in there, or slightly less?
Just hit 1pl8 and a nickle for 4 reps
>>Anything that could potentially cause you to lose progress?
Not really.
>>Are you eating/sleeping properly?
Yes. 4k calories a day, and I get 8 hours a night. (I know everyone says that, but I guess you gotta just take me for my word.)

fun fact I'm 6'7"

Can someone explain why being fat helps your bench? I've been lifting for like 8 months as a 175lb 6'1 dude, and my buddy is 6' 210 hasnt lifted in like 4 years since high school football and he repped 225 3 times first time back in the gym. After 8 months I'm stuck on 185, such bullshit

I've always interpreted as being able to do it for reps.

Yeah, wee maths check ;). I'm adding 2.5kg a workout not lbs. So I get 16 workouts, 5.3 weeks. Add on 2 weeks because yeah I like booze and deload. 7/8 weeks to go up by a plate?

3x5 for strength, I felt the extra two sets on SL5x5 didn't do much work but the AMRAP set really does.

My program looks okay then yeah? Nothing too stupid in it?

lol, peeps these days

Isn't the 3rd set supposed to be the AMRAP set?

>T.manlet
My tdee for a rest day is 3500 Cal

The only reason you'd need less when bulking is either being crazy skinny or under 6'

have you tried not being a hungry skellington?

My mate has gone from 1 plate to 1 ate and 35 in about a month and a half. It's about dedication and where your body is at now.

>from 1 plate to 1 ate
How fat is he?

Yeah, I added an extra set of 5 in though for some extra volume and at the moment it doesn't seem to affect my gains?

>5
>volume

20 reps are in fact more than 15 you mong.

But why not do more than 5?

Because I'm adding 5lbs on every workout. So the AMRAP set at the end really is the kicker. 5 is still hard enough.