He buys his chicken already cut up for him like a child

>he buys his chicken already cut up for him like a child
Why don't you know how to joint a chicken Veeky Forums? It's easy, cheaper, you get a variety of cuts, and you can easily make some killer stock with the leftover carcass.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pmDkQaYKML0
youtube.com/watch?v=d4z_N0GjqCY
youtube.com/watch?v=GSvzRyu2h5g
youtube.com/watch?v=0Wfbgg7sdLM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>he's too poor to just pay the overhead

>doesnt just buy chicken breast / thigh
lmao

>he just makes the same things over and over
>he doesn't know how to make stock or fry up some amazing wings

>actually wants to eat the fatty parts which have less protein per gram

Im a cook and all that effort is tiresome when you feed people 60hrs a week. Sometimes I just want to shower eat and go to bed. If I toss 2 breasts in the oven with some seasoning, they'll be ready by the time I shit, shower, shave and change.

>Actually wasting your time for this
You better grow your own chicken too

Chicken works out to $8 a kilo
Pre cut chicken already in chunks works out to $7 a kilo

Tough choice user

I can get 1.5kg of chicken breasts for £5, a whole chicken 1.5kg is £10. Factor in the bones aswell and it's an obvious choice.

>he buys his chicken already dead and plucked

cuck

lmao here they dont even sell them like that

they sell them all prepared

bullshit. Every store sells chickens you can roast.

It literally takes 5 minutes.

but i mean like take the intenstines out and feathers off or dont OP mean that?

he means like this? youtube.com/watch?v=pmDkQaYKML0

Still doesn't justify the cost.

>living in a different country
>not taking conversion rates into account

>not raising your own livestock like a real man

WTF your country is fucking retarded, why would it be more money? It's $2 a kilo here, half the price of any part.

Everywhere has those. What country do you live in that they don't have whole chickens in the butcher department?

See

sorry i thought you meant like take also out the intestines

but i dont see the point in cutting it up i just throw the entire thign in the oven and eat it

>he doesn't defrost his own chicken tenders from the box

He's right that it's more economical. Whole chickens here go from $3 - $6 a kg where chicken breast or thigh already cut up is $8 - $12 a kg. You can get the ingredients for a few meals out of dissecting one whole chicken.

Once you get good you can switch it up to things like duck which is the best tasting meat on the planet.

conversion rates having nothing to do with whole chicken being more expensive than breasts or thighs... that's retarded

Fucking hell, convert it yourself faggot. £10 is £5x2, SO ITS FUCKING PROPORTIONAL FAGGOT

ok then I might should take the time once I move in a few months and have a new bigger kitchen

been planning on picking some cooking skills up, im gonna start with this then

love u anons you're the best

cool advice tnx

>he doesn't mix his gatorade in bulk to save 3 cents.

At least debone it, it doesn't cook evenly if you don't.

I want to try some of Chef John's whole chicken recipes some day

youtube.com/watch?v=d4z_N0GjqCY

>It's $2 a kilo here,
Nigga cause our currencies have different value

never tried deboning but i might learn that too then

This is the best video I found for it
youtube.com/watch?v=GSvzRyu2h5g

>toss 2 breasts in the oven with some seasoning
Been doing this for a month. Fuck every other single method of cooking chicken breasts (george foreman, pan, sous vide, slow cook). Simple is best.

>not understanding the fact that whole chicken is more expensive than breasts/thighs is fucking retarded

Holy shit dude, you're a fucking brainlet. I clearly said that here

>mfw I never commented on breast being a lot cheaper than a whole chook.
you're the one trying to compare costs when it's irrelevant

Don't know and don't care about all you 3rd worlders but a whole chicken at Coles is $4 while 4 Chicken breasts are $8.

This is in Australia by the way xD

>chicken
Slave chow Tbh, bet you eat cereals as well.

And the breast chunk is $7 a kilo.

>he has to pay to have his chicken cut
lmfaooooo what

>cheaper
False
I can get 4 breasts for $10 or a small hen for $15
I don't like all the connective tissue on the.limbs either
I'd rather live off tits thanks

>implying I don't
Go ahead and reverse image search
These are my backyard chickens

do you name them?

i eat one whole chicken a day, everyday for 6 years now
i rub some butter, garlic, a little thime, rosemarry, oregano, parsley and chilli flakes and bake it for 20 minutes on high with the baking sheet covered in tin foil.
after the 20 minutes i take it off the oven while i grill my veggies, brocoli, cauli flower, cabbage, carrots and tomatoes with a little truffle olive oil and soy sauce instead of salt.
this is my dinner for the last 6 years

>paying for bones
i am not trying to make a soup, even though chicken soup is pretty tasty it's just water with taste, don't really have to time to spend it slurping water while i could be getting breast protein instead, and i feel bad just throwing away the bones, they probably do something useful with them in the chicken breast factory

It really is the best

I can cook more on a sheet than in a pan and using foil don't have to scrub off burnt shit and grease

>implying bone broth isn't healthy as fuck
you're missing out

How do you keep those things from hopping over that fence and running off

>soy

RIP

it's cool, if i had a family i would cook it, but it makes no sense preparing a big pot of soup that i won't ever finish, just go for easy stuff that won't be cluttering the fridge for ages

through sheer willpower

No but my family has names for them
I call the two yellow ones nugget and frittata
They're my favorite
When I open the gate to the backyard sometimes one runs across the yard and jumps for me to carry it and scratch her head

In not sure if I'll eat them myself or sell them to butcher's
I guess I am kind of attached emotionally
dammit

I saw a video of a guy trying to feed pork to his dog made from his backyard pig and the dog looked so fucking sad about it
It could smell that it was his backyard buddy

Bone broth is healthy as fuck
It contains collagen which keeps your skin bouncy and youthful
One of the reasons wounds heal slower with age, lack of collagen
Google is your friend

Well... for some reason my supermarket sells diced and strips of chicken CHEAPER than full breasts, so that's why I get them.

It makes prepping a lot quicker since I dont need to cut the chicken and touch the raw meat, I can just tip that mother fucker straight into the pan it feels good not to fuck around cutting chicken and cleaning up after.

cute little fuckers, just get hens instead so they generate protein packs through their ass and no butchering is required

Made me kek

>not going to costco and getting a fresh, juicy pre-made rotisserie chicken for 5$

chicken breasts are £3 per kg, why would I bother with a whole chicken when its not even cheaper, plus I would have to pay for bones

>the leftover carcass.
Put it in a pressure cooker, add water and add vegetables.
Consume killer soup.

>letting a child only eat pre cut meat, and developing a disconnect between the animal and the food it eats.
This is how you get vegans, user. Everyone should be butchering their own meat, and appreciating it.

They are hens
They each lay an egg a day
Sometimes I feed them home grown organic fed mealworms
They really love it
But too much protien in the feed can cause complications like pic related

>he doesn't buy the chicken in egg form then raises the animal himself

you amateurs will never make it.

the bones are amazing for stock/bone broth. simmer with apple cider vinegar for a while and it releases nutrients like glucosamine

This

peck peck peck, also nice pussy

>generate protein packs through their ass
you have a way with words, friend

>Reading this thread on Veeky Forums

i've done both and have come to the conclusion if you are not a househusband, the net benefit of buying cut up chicken is *significantly* better than whole chicken

objectively right answer, whole chickens are the best option for families, cut up chicken for bachelors

I love butchering chicken at home. its fun as fuck

>not cooking dozens of chickens in a big metal pot for the all the orphans in your village
never gonna make it
youtube.com/watch?v=0Wfbgg7sdLM

You're bullshitting, I'm a bong and I've never seen those prices

Yeah can confirm. Since when has a whole fucking chicken cost £10 unless you're some nonce who shops at waitrose or some shit?