High bar vs low bar

Which do you prefer?

I got the impression that high bar does more for my ass and is easier on my knees.

The only issue is I round my ass at the bottom of the squat no matter how much stretching I do.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nLVJTBZtiuw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Low-bar fucks with my back. Defo prefer high bar

Lower back? How is your form?

Chest up and tight

High bar and front squat (Olympic style, not cross over arms bodybuilding meme) are the only legitimate squats.

I find lowbar more comfortable so i do that.

youtube.com/watch?v=nLVJTBZtiuw

trip on Panzer

I used to do low bar but could never judge my depth, so I switched to high bar ATG

Pretty sure I do basically a hybrid.

Never like the adidas weight lifting shoes, always made my knees hurt and high bar is way too quad dominant. Low bar is better for posterior chain.

I can get more weight on lowbar but I always found high bar to be more comfortable, especially that you can go deeper. But both are alright, it's up to preference desu.

high bar feels more natural to me t. very long femurs

The knee forward flexion can't be good for your knees dude, I don't care if it's more pleasing to see. Plus those squats are from geared lifters, raw look almost like olympic.

I literally cannot lowbar due to being a proportionlet, I would like to push more weight and glutemaxx a bit more (hb is literally all quads for me), but alas, still better than not squatting at all I guess.

I've always done low bar but going to switch to high bar for them leg gains
Deadlifts already hit my lower back so I don't see the point of also doing low bar anymore

Lowbar. Spreads the load more over your glutes and hamstrings and away from your quads. Also loads your back better and develops core stability. And I found the high bar position to be painful on my traps at higher weights.

The one thing you don’t want to do is switch from highbar to lowbar at high weight. That’s going to mess with your back, since you haven’t been developing it progressively.

Also low bar is better for your knees in the long run. The hip drive is the primary movement on lowbar, rather than the opening of your knees.

Which one looks like better position for you to take a dump in the woods?

Do the opposite one in the gym

I would prefer to low bar. Mechanically, it's the most comfortable for my hips and back. Unfortunately, I get mad squat elbow from it, to the point where it's difficult to function outside the gym. So, I do high bar.

gets me errrytime, enough said

literally everyone in that pic has one heel raised.

lolbar ""squat"" is a deadlift with barbell on your back. why not do an actual truly quad dominant movement if you already pull from the fioor?

Switched from high bar to low bar after backing off the weight. Glad I did. Hit new PRs and it feels better.

high bar / front squat masterrace

Do I need olympic shoes to highbar as a main lift instead of low bar?

it's not necessary for any of them, but both of them benefit from wearing shoes. if you care about your training being optimal you should own lifting shoes.

All I know is 99% of people I see doing high bar never have correct form and always are the dude bros who squat less than 315.

Don't have the shoulder mobility for low bar, don't have the ankle mobility for high bar.

I settle for high bar good morning/squat hybrids.

Low bar. Only DYELs prefer high bar.