What's the point in weightlifting

If you're always going to be tired outside of the gym because of it.

Seriously,been lifting for years and the older I get the more tired I am after lifting Espicaly if I've been working construction.

Maybe I can deadlift 185kg now but the next day I don't even want to do my job properly because I'm so fatigued.

And yeh I'm getting 9-10 hours sleep sometimes(used to make do on 6-8)
And I eat enough.

It's as if now that I'm older if I decide to lift weights then that can be my only goal because that's how much effort it takes

Do steriods stop this sort of feeling of fatigue ?

Btw I've also swapped my training program from 3-4 day full body to ppl or ppl arms.

I enjoy DOMS much as like weightlifting.

Noo it's not doms it's actual fatigue.
Like lowered motivation.My body's sore and it's hard to walk around site and do shit there.
Or I want to to nap but can't because of work.

After about 13 years of weights I think I'm going to give up and just go back to boxing or somthing

NEVER IMPROVE

ok then, fine. no one's making you lift. thread over.

maybe you should take a week of rest.

what are you, in your thirties?

describe your training. include exercises, sets/reps and frequency. describe your diet also. then we can begin to actually help because "lifting" is too vague.

This op don't take it so seriously

This op don't take it so seriously. You can get to your goals on 45 minutes 4 times a week. You can take a week off.

no offence but this is absolute bollocks

if you're doing BB or PL or Oly or anything similar you won't be able to get anywhere with such minimal training. even going beyond 3-4 years of lifting can require more than that depending on goals, never mind fucking 13 years

It's a tradeoff no one but you can evaluate my dude
You might want to consider roids for super fast recovery

No I'm 28.i don't have a set diet any more I just aim for 150g protein 5 servings of fruit/veg,use olive oil or coconut oil when I cook stuff and my main source of carbs are sweet/white potatoes

I've normally always done a 3x5-8 type full body program.

I normally work on a construction site but ive been off for 3 months.So now I'm not even walking 10 miles a day any more and can also get a about 10 hours sleep if I want.

Yeh that's how I am thinking of it now.its literally I either lift for my activity after work or for the day or I do so thing else.

When I was 21 I could go for a jog in the morning then go and do some weights then go to a. Boxing class of a night and I'd feel fresh.Now just weight lifting tires me.

not enough info still but ok. post more if you can be bothered.

one thing you didn't mention is deloads - if you aren't doing them you're going to crash, especially when you have a labour job. its very clear that the combination of lifting and construction is accumulating too much fatigue to recover from, and you aren't letting yourself rest enough. you have probably been overreaching for far too long or have been doing shitty ineffectual programming (sorry but you have, for 13 years your deadlift is abysmal) and no amount of sleep will fix this, you need to take periods of deloads.

ditch the shitty programming, too. you must get your head around the fact that the worst programs you are likely to ever do are the ones you make yourself. clearly you are experiencing that.
do something like 5/3/1 (one of the variations in beyond 5/3/1, not the vanilla template as it sucks). 5/3/1 is suboptimal overall but its strength over other programs is that it can be done in conjunction with other training eg NFL, rugby etc or physical work.

you are 28, this should not be a problem, but you need to accept the fact that this is problem caused by your own ignorance before you can go about fixing it. the alternative is you abandon things altogether like you have already expressed, which obviously is not so much a solution as a white flag if you enjoy the benefits of lifting.

>manual labor job
>3-4 times per week full body
That amount of work can be too much on the body. Changing to ppl could be better but seriously give your body a break for a week or 2.

You should also consider getting your T levels checked. Fatigue can be caused by low T.

I know that feel Op. Veeky Forums is mostly made of very young people with little responsibilities which fail to recognise what you saying, but as I approach 24 yo i start to feel it too. The trick is to balance your training enough to not hate lifting itself and not let fatigue be overwhelming. as the fatigue was interfering with my focus and studying, i went from full body to upper/lower to PPxLx and restart. It's not optimal for gains but I don't obsess on strength anymore and I can afford slow gains and a functioning life outside the gym.

>PPL
terrible idea.

PxPxLxx is obviously far too low frequency for anyone but the most advanced and PPLPPLx will give him even less time to recover with only that one rest day, with fatigue now accumulating over 6 days instead of 3-4..

Better to do ULxULxx or something.

also OP, try to avoid heavily taxing lifts as far as is reasonable. i'm not saying do only machines, cables and isolation, but don't be maxing out on the big 3 every week either.

>having a life outside the gym
>being a happy young man with friends and a gf
never gonna make it

you don't eat enough
add 4pt of whole milk a day to your diet and report back

I used to do ULxULxx but upper day was too much work in little time, and arms would be lagging behind compounds. I do now do LPxPPxxPLxPPxx and so on. So 4times a week.

9 days between leg workouts?

Framer here, only 24 but started when I was 16 and my body feels like it's 50. I have been lifting on and off sine I was a kid. I always have more energy when I'm lifting regularly, though of course there's a break in period after any hiatus. I've been running a 4 day UL for the last years, and I find it to be a real time saver compared PPL which I have done in the past. I would recommend you just spend more time playing with the volume in whatever routine you do. I think eventually you'll find a natural comfy fit. Another thing that helped me a lot was cutting down my caffeine intake. I still have a coffee every morning, but no more than that, and I cut out energy drinks years ago. I know a lot of guys who pretty much drink caffeine all day in order to function. And of course leave the hard drugs alone.

not op, but I'm in my thirties and started working out againt after 6 years. is there anything in faq for old guys?

>implying I'm happy
>implying I have a gf

Forgot to mention I also do an arm workout on saturday,

>what is coffee?
>what is laying off of the booze you degenerate fuck ass?

Nah it's like this:
LPxPLxxPPxLPxxPLxPPxx and it starts again. I used to manage PPLxPPxLPPxLP and so on so 5 days. But it takes a toll for me.

thirties isn't so bad but you're not going to be able to beat yourself up like you could when you were younger. pay attention to making sure you're recovering properly, do good and thorough warm ups and you will be absolutely fine. you will gain more slowly than you did before after you've recovered your mass and strength, but the process of recovering that mass and strength will be very easy, especially if you got very big or strong in your youth.

>lift
>eat well
>sleep a lot
>abstain from drinking
and most of all
>Dont be a bitch

fair enough. if it works it works.