Start lifting

>Start lifting
>2 years in
>quit drinking finally
>realise I'm not comfortable feeling masculine
>want to quit lifting
>can't stop
Well thanks Veeky Forums you thoroughly fucked me up, and I don't even know why I lift anymore.

Is this why we lift, because we don't understand our own feelings?

you're not feeling masculine if you feel uncomfortable feeling masculine
your brain chemistry is fucked

>your brain chemistry is fucked
Very scientific. I was never that comfortable feeling masculine but I guess the alcohol helped hide that.
I still can't stop lifting though, even though all I want is to be really small now.

Don't listen to any of these pseudo-masculine morons.
Really figure out what about masculinity makes you uncomfortable. Is it the hypermasculinity that comes with lifting weights, being at the gym, and bro talk? If you are uncomfortable with the incessant, "Yeah, I went to the fuckin' gym and fuckin' benched like 3 pl8 then I went to the bar and fucked this bitch's pussy so fuckin' hard..." realize that is not masculinity. That is 100% Grade A insecurity.
There is nothing wrong with being genuinely masculine and comfortable in your body. Nor is there anything wrong with realizing that your body would look better if a certain part was bigger or more lean and so forth. There is something wrong when thinking that "being a man" has anything to do with arbitrarily placing yourself higher than anyone else; thinking you're better than someone because they are a woman, don't lift, are shorter, etc.

Seriously. Self reflect and try and figure out specifically what makes you uncomfortable with masculinity and if it even has anything to do with actual masculinity.

No it's not that. I lift alone now, I had a housemate last year who I would occassionally go with. He was basically a Thad, cool guy we had little in common other than lifting though.
I think what makes me uncomfortable is more the day the day expectations of masculinity, at my core I consider myself mentally strong, but on the surface I'm more comfortable being sensitive. Not exactly a masculine trait.

Nigga you gay

I bought my first dildo recently and fap to shemales all the time, but I'm not attracted to males. Make of that what you will.

Bro keep it up.
I was the same as you. I quit.
The loss of strength, girls not being into you as much and not getting auto respect from dudes all ads up.

The world WILL treat your differently when you dyel.

Same dude.
I don't REALLY care how the world views me.
But dang it seeing myself not look as good, not be as strong and not getting the attention from girls was a bit demoralizing.
I mean there are side benefits like, being healthy, having a routine etc etc.

I'm actually cutting, I'm not DYEL (well I probably am by Veeky Forums standards) but I will look pretty small when I hit my goal weight.
I wanna quit lifting, and keep doing cardio but I can't and at the same time I don't care about gaining muscle anymore.

A grown "man" uncomfortable with feeling masculine. Millenials were a mistake.

I'm probably older then you.
Just because its your values doesn't mean it's mine.

you should feel big and like you want to dominate others
that's masculinity
you don't feel masculine and you never have

>you don't feel masculine and you never have
I'm happier that way. It doesn't matter how 'big' I get from lifting it doesn't reflect who I am. I'd be happier in athlete mode which is why I'm thinking of giving up lifting now and just going harder with the cardio.

This.

But also OP maybe your issue is peer validation, in terms of what's expected of you if you appear a certain way. If you're going to go ahead and drop lifting and do cardio, then just do it. No need to find personal allowance/validation on a Lithuanian Goat Cheese Trading Forum

I'm trying to work out my feelings, since being 'big' has been something I thought I wanted for a really long time, this change feels sudden and I'm not sure I understand why.

or just do both
i do cardio after lifting

I'm cutting so I lift a couple times a week, and I do cardio maybe 5 times a week.

lifting burn more calories than cardio
i do an hour of cardio every day but only burn 600 calories
my half hour of lifting prior to that burn maybe 300 but the metabolism spike lifting creates ends up burning way more than 600 additional calories through out the day just sitting around recovering
try to isolate fat loss form muscle loss
and since you're cutting right now this is affecting your t-levels which will make you feel insecure and less masculine. like i said, your brain chemistry is fucked up

you lied to me Veeky Forums, you said it wouldn't happen
>tfw accidentally became too bulky

just cut and be done with it

>Lifting burns more calories than cardio
I burn way less than half from lifting, granted it boosts your bmr but its no contest cardio for me

a soyboy gets his wings

>>realise I'm not comfortable feeling masculine

gay

GAAAAAAY

>fap to shemales
>I'm not attracted to males

>realise I'm not comfortable feeling masculine

You are incredibly gay
Kys

> feeling masculine
user, having muscles doesn't make you masculine, acting like a man makes you masculine
From what you've said, it seems like you just don't like the amount of muscle mass you have. Thus, the prudent solution would be to switch to cardio and start cutting.