Veeky Forums jobs

What is your job? How does it help or stop you from being fit?

>inb4 everyone is an engineer making good money is fit and has a qt gf

Working at a wine/beer store. Pretty good schedule, pays better than most retail jobs, and I just throw heavy boxes around all day. Pretty good for maintaining gains but the employee discounts and coworkers pressure me into having a beer a night

im an engineer making okay money and my gf is not in good shape

Just started as software engineer. Have a qt girlfriend, and i look worse everyday. Just too tired when I'm done with work to go to the gym, and instead go for beers with coworkers/friends. When I was in college and barely went to class had all the time in the world and was at my peak fitness.

>not living the comfy NEET life
Lmaoing at these pathetic wagecucks. Enjoy being Schlomo Shekelberg's fucking slave.

I work in a flooring warehouse operating a forklift and lifting boxes and such, I'm on a cut right now and I go to the gym every day and I'm not even that tired. fight me bitch I'm probably low test too.

I can tell you what was a shitty job for being Veeky Forums construction work. Its only good if you are already a naturally big muscle bound dude, but as someone whos skinny, it just made me fatter. You spend so much time in the sun working that you have no energy left to actually work out. Also, you work such long hours that you have no time to make any actual good food, so you end up just eating fast food and gas station fried chicken. Also, the work doesnt even really work your muscles, your joints, back and feet just ache like a mother fucker. I feel sorry for anyone who has to do this shit their whole lives

Lawyer

Every so often I get a 12 hour day, which kills any energy I have to work out that day.

Otherwise, it's just like every other sedentary job.

Student. Even with basic ass math I have Japanese as a class, so I tend to stress eat and not work out unless I have to.

>Every so often I get a 12 hour day

I worked 15 hour rotating shift work in an oil plant for a year and I unironically thought about killing myself

what kind of work do you do at an oil plant? turning valves and hammering random shit or just like walking around gangways and pointing at shit?

all of the above. its an impossible maze of pipes and tubes, and you have to makes sure all these different chemicals go through by opening and closing valves, some of which are 20 feet up. I quit after my second carbon dioxide leak and after my boss kept putting off getting a new walk way and a contractor almost fell off

sounds kind of stressful, also a pipe labyrinth would start to trip you out I feel like

i stack shelves at a supermarket while studying to be an engineer making good money and hopefully motivate my out of shape overweight gf to become qt.

I sit by the tunnel at college football games and watch what I should've been but was too busy not lifting and drinking mountain dew when I was 17.

I feel you man. I’m in BigLaw and it’s fucking killing me. Everyone below Counsel level is turning into a skinnyfat soyboy or a muhfeminist that looks terrible without all the make up we use to cover up lack of sleep

Software developer, I have plenty of energy in the evening for lifting. I've done laboring jobs when I was studying and I was always to tired to lift.

I know this feel
Driving a forklift all day leaves you a lot of energy for lifting

IT guy

Cons:
>sit most of the day
>every assumes you're autistic

Pros:
>shitpost at work constantly
>get to fuck around with computers
>better looking than everyone else in my department because I lift and don't wear oversized clothing

Stop fucking around and sort yourself out

PE teacher. Do weights in the weights room at school. Used to cuck myself out at on office job. Never again

Commercial diver offshore in the Gulf of Mexico. More specifically I'm a tender, basically an apprentice diver. I work twelve hours a day every day, sometimes for months at a time, sometimes more then twelve hours. my days are almost always fairly physically intense, from coming up on a divers umbilical, pulling 2.5 in diameter jet hose filled with water up, sending down and pulling up hydraulic tools from bottom, to even getting the occasional shit dive the real divers don't want digging a hole on the bottom of the sea with a big fuckin jet lance, which is alot like wrestling an anaconda mixed with a fire hose. like another user said about working construction its hard work but it really doesn't work you out except for some strange specific muscle groups, and leaves you too tired to want to work out much, and there usually aren't great work out facilities besides what you can fabricate in off time. but for the last few months i've been working out an hour after every shift and been makin some good gains

i work at a smoke factory. i, myself dont smoke. im a supervisor, so all i do all day is walk around and make sure things are going smoothly and hearing peoples lame ass problems with material or whatever they want to talk about.
my hours are 12-13 hour days.
i haven't been to the gym since fall time and i feel so pathetic. im more lazy now than i was before. i feel more drained from not working out than when i would workout which is kinda fucked up.
im forcing myself to go after my shift at 3am. Anyone have any plans they would recommend to get me back on track?! im skinny fat right now and i dont like it :(
help me bros, PLEASEEE!

How did you transition from office cuck to gym teacher?

I work at a bank and my job is to sell insurances. Pay is meh, my wife is kinda uggo.
All this sitting around at a desk gives me back pain and a fat ass.

Machine Learning engineer working on Amazon Alexa. Basically trying to design SkyNet irl. Job is pretty intense but the office has a nice gym.

Why'd you marry an uggo? That is one of my fears, settling for less...

im sure she was hot when he married her. just turned uggo

music producer, it's mediocre for being fit, kind of like an office job where i can semi control the hours. wife is fit and that helps

Another software engineer. I typically work like 10:30 - 4:00, and go to the gym during work instead of eating lunch. I also make a shit ton of money. It's pretty neat.

Pizza guy. Pay is dogshit but I'm on my feet moving around and climbing stairs a lot. Most of the time I'm in my car listening to podcasts - I'm subscribed to literally 100 podcasts. Just have to avoid the free pizza and sneak in mouthfuls of onions while in the back.

She's more of a butterface-, actually. Nice tits and ass, ugly face. But since I'm probably a 6/10 at best I shouldn't really complain.
She's nice though. Also has multiple sklerosis and needs my help, so leaving her and the kids isn't that easy.

PS: wife is hottie with a body (and booty) and a cutie patootie to boot

uhhh, pics?

Machinist. Stand in front of machine for 8-10 hours a day. Better than the 12s I was on. Some times heavy lifting, not enough walking.

unlimited onion!

>software engineer
>tfw sitting at a desk kills my squats

Corrections Officer in Australia. Job pays well and is easy 90% of the time. Find it hard working out after a 12hr day but only work half the month so usually just push through the mental fatigue. Currently looking for a new job because I'm sick of dealing with over entitled pedophiles, rapists etc and being called a piece of shit by the left wing civillians who defend these animals.

no thank you, I don't need any

fuck, i hate you. lol

"instead go for beers with coworkers/friends"

not tired enough for that huh?

Security officer here. Sounds kinda Veeky Forums doesnt it. NOPE. Its either sitting on your arse for 13 hours or standing for 13 hours. Everyone of my colleagues has some major health condition, diabetes is a badge of honour. In the mess room i have boxes of chicken and sweet potato. The fatties gather round me like im jesus from the last supper, i give out advice like a sage.

>your feet hurt because of your shoes. Use insoles until you can get a new pair
>you have shooting pains in your hamstrings because of muscle tightness. Stretch every morning.
>your have osteoarthritis, try a magnesium supplement along with glucosamine sulphate.

They literally look at me like im a god -alien.

I'm in Law school and work as a law clerk. I basically neglect a lot of my work/education in order to workout, because I enjoy working out a lot more than anything law related.

About to finish my BA in accounting in a month, and I fucking hate accounting...thinking about going to cooking school.

Training soldiers. Now starting a 6 day huge training with thousands of soldiers. I use work time to get to the gym so I also get paid for getting gains.

Left my job. Decided I couldn't sit for 10hours a day in an office. I moved into a career where I could positively influence today's youth and get to play/teach sport. I literally spent 2 hours today playing recreational volleyball. Also get 12 weeks of holidays a year instead of the stand 4. Best decision I ever made.

Bar manager. Work three days a week, lets me use their washing machine, provides me with free juice, milk, fruit and cool stuff i can take home for free. Also lots of young pussy in it. Downside is that it fucks me sleeping schedule, but working only three days a week is so fucking comfy, and I get to really take care of my diet, cooking delicious meals and reading, working out and having fun when all other neetcucks are wageslaving their lives away.

Did you go back to school to get teaching certificates and shit?

Yes. Had to do a two year masters degree unfortunately. I'm also quite lucky though. I work at a good school with mostly hard working international kids. Makes my job easier.

>all other neetcucks are wageslaving their lives away.

god damn you're dumb

He's from reddit and doesn't understand the meaning of any of the words he is throwing around, just a kid trying to fit in.

Line cook.
Awful, you're sometimes there for 4 hours, sometimes 16. Schedule is inconsistent as hell, and drains the life force out of you. Plus, unless you always bring your own chow, you gotta make do with 'crew-chow' which is usually cheesy/greasy as fuck.

Getting my degree in business admin. What is out there cause I have no idea?

Might start a business selling fancy soaps hmu.

I work as a waiter in mexican a restaurant. When cutting it's great, when bulking not so much.

Pic related is the distance walked and calories burned on friday night.

Trust me, don't pursue a degree that doesn't have a clear pay off in the end. You don't need a degree in business to start your own business, waste of money.

Although I can get a 500gram t-bone steak fir 50% off. So converted to American dollar it's $2.50

Distiller. I make spirits (vodka gin and whiskey) for a craft distillery. Lifting and moving things is pretty constant, but I'm usually so drained at the end of the day it's a fight to get back up and go to the gym.

Well I'm getting it for office management type jobs while I do other stuff.

Honestly just want a decent paying job so I can have the rest of my time to spend with you guys.

Is this true?

I've been trying to sit sideways on my hips.

I seriously hope you don't have a beer a night alcohol is the drug form of soy. Probably explains why liquor store employees always look fucked up as if they were full drunken fetus status in the womb.

Whatever floats your boat. But mark my words

>waste of money

Most people don't get a degree in business to start a business. A business degree (assuming not a shit field of study like marketing) is highly hire-able considering EVERYTHING is a business.

>blacksmith
A little of both user. I wasn't small when I started but it really helped me to gain muscle. However my bodies balance has gone to shit. I have to be careful when I workout. Dead lifts are out of the question due to permanent damage to my erector muscles. My right arm is significantly stronger than my left. Same with my whole right side actually. The work kinda sucks as I'm always covered in soot and green sand. It gets old
>qt girlfriend
Nah just software engineering boyfriend. He's tubby but he's qt 3.14 to me

I work in a warehouse too, lifting and stacking boxes on pallets to complete store orders. Pays decent money if you can stand lifting boxes 9-10 hours per shift. Most boxes are 30-50 lbs, the heaviest stuff is close to 90 lbs.

>shift worker
Stay away from shift work, absolutely kills your gains.

> Web developer

Perfect for lifting at the moment. Making a lot of money, company provides health insurance that covers my gym membership. In current project I'm the only one working offsite, so I can work from home, but office is 10 min walk away from home, so I can just work there if I feel like it. Also flexible hours, so I can work out in mornings

you just have to stretch a lot to make sure your hip flexors, calves, quads are in good order before squatting. for me it's the hip flexors that shit is rough for squats so fucking tight.

I’m 26 and I just got a job bussing tables at an extremely busy restaurant. I average 20k steps a shift and over 30k steps if I work a double. My back and feet are typically sore as fuck in the mornings. It’s active as fuck but the pay is shit. I work hard for a 300$ weekly paycheck.

I’m the oldest busser there. All the other bussers are freshly graduated from high school and they’re all stoners. I hate it. I’m trying to get moved to server already because fuck bussing.

I was a rock climbing and mountain biking instructor at my old job but got fired for carrying a firearm and they found out and I got arrested. Being an instructor was legit as fuck and I loved having college qts as my students.

I just need to save 7k$ and Ill be able to finish my engineering degree (been in uni for 7 years, way too long) and Im getting the fuck out of the food service industry and hopefully start making some real money. My best friend graduated with an engineering degree and he just got himself a Porsche (pic related), needless to say I’m extremely jealous but happy for him. I’m almost there...

Jesus Christ, besides the rock climbing job we have damn near all of that in common

>everyone is an engineer
why would you want to be an engineer? if you’re smart just be a fucking scientist or mathematician like an adult

>lawyer
Literally the antithesis of fitness. Stuck at a desk all day every day including sometimes weekends.

>7 years
I hope you're working for your masters because otherwise I wouldn't dare call myself an engineer. A bachelor's degree isn't an engineer's degree.

IS Consultant. Helps, control over my life.

Choices:
>be an engineer
>be on the free market, people voluntarily give you a shitton of money
>know that you are actually worth that much because noone is forcing anyone to buy anything
Compare and contrast
>be a scientist
>people are forced to pay for your salary at gunpoint (for brainlets: taxes fund the public sector and scientist are usually in the public sector)
>usually get tenure after a while, meaning you cannot be fired even if you have a brain tumor and start spewing nonesense 24/7 which is just ridiculous
>you are financially dependent on the state and you can never be proud of yourself or the money you bring home because you don't actually deserve it

Unless you're a scientist/mathematician that works for a private company, you can fuck off.

>scientist
Most researchers get paid jack shit for their work and if you do happen to find some ground breaking result that gets your paper into a scientific journal, there is constant pressure to publish or be forgotten.
This repeats itself until the day you finally give in and end up either lecturing uninterested bachelor shits or try to desperately write a book about some edgy theory you thought of a few years earlier but never found any evidence for .

I dont need to work, wifes is a md and also ten years younger.

>work for psychic
>start working out
>3 months in my boss has me assist him and some mediums with a posession
>i leave there feeling dizzy
>a week later im still dizzy
>go to a neurologist
>he says i have brain damage
>spend a month brain damaged
>mediums perform an exorcism on me
>suddenly im not dizzy anymore
>Spend the next year rebuilding connections in my brain, still lots of memory loss and exhaustion but beginning to exercise a gain

If you think you can pull that off (not working whilst your wife is an MD and brings home top cash) I can guaruantuee you she'll be fucking other men behind your back and you'll eventually get an ugly divorce.

I mean I'm just warning you now, so don't you act all suprised when it happens because I've warned you well in advance.

thats perfect. she cheats, op divorces, and because he has grown accustom to a certain lifestyle, he gets alimony. worst case scenario he walks away without any issues because its not like he was supporting her in marriage.

>divorce and get half of the estate
fukken ez

Manage a hotel. It's a pretty easy 9-5 sort of gig. Good mix of office work and moving around making sure everything's running smoothly in housekeeping. I lift every morning before work, which works out pretty good for fitness reasons.

Getting my Master's in Accounting online, though. Don't want to do this forever. I've maxed out my pay for the next decade or so.

>men
>getting alimony

It's like you're living in a parallel universe

Same

it happens in reverse marriages all the time. the man can argue that hes become accustomed to a certain lifestyle the same way a woman can, all you need is a woman who makes way more than you and for you to be perpetually unemployed.

>e just got himself a Porsche (pic related), needless to say I’m extremely jealous

stop wanting a fucking porsche

It can happen, but it's unlikely, it's all I'm saying. Btw this whole "I got accustomed to a certain lifestyle" is so ridiculous I don't even know from which direction should I start dismantling it. I mean if this shit flies, why couldn't "Your honor, I got accustomed to fucking my wife so
A) it's okay for me to rape her
B) she needs to provide me with another woman to fuck"?
Same thing. Either we say that this is ridiculous, or marital rape becomes legal. (Logically speaking anyway)

Am construction fag, I do have time to lift 5 times per week and meal prep every sunday. You are just a faggot

>why couldn't its okay for me to rape her work

because thats illegal. paying to support someone you promised to support for the rest of your life isn't.

>same thing

not remotely close, dont get me wrong divorce is a fucking joke, but that is some really stupid logic you got there i have to close the tab just to not get contaminated by it.

'accustomed to a certain lifestyle' is why women get alimony based on their husbands pay, as opposed to just a baseline. in the laws eyes a woman has given up her life in order to be your wife and raise your kids, and if you're done with her she deserves to at least maintain the lifestyle you promised.

its outdated as fuck with women having legit careers now, but thats the way the legal system works based on what women needed at the time divorce started rising.

Oh wait, so it's DIVORCE that should be illegal! Gotcha.

kek I wonder if you could argue that you had become dependent on her cooking your food and cleaning your house

Yes, actually

Pls have kids

Milfag. Well equipped gym and pool. Base i’m on has the biggest beaverfit outfit in the UK, so plenty of space and never want for a bench etc. given time during the working day to get to the gym, also the base runs training sessions at spinning, crossfit, circuits, swimming etc

Wednesdays are half days to play sport, fridays finish at midday. Completed a course recently to train the guys on marches, circuits and running.

As far as facillitating being Veeky Forums is concerned, its brilliant.

> an engineer
> making shit money
> no qt gf

Kek.
Call me stupid but i still don't see why "I had become accustomed to her sucking my dick" is that much different from "I had become accustomed to a certain lifestyle".
I know proposed that rape is illegal outside of marriage so it stands to reason that it should be inside one as well, but still. I suppose raping your wife IS illegal, but so should be her not fucking you.

Tard Wrangler, the job is like 98% sitting around waiting for the day to end. At most you'll take a walk for like an hour.

perfection ruined by nose ring
fucking THOT

stop posting nigger pictures

Sadly no. I failed thermo too many times so I couldn’t graduate as Mech engineer so I changed majors. I’m doing a pretty unique engineer that’s only offered at my uni so I’ll refrain from saying what it is. Either way my stay at uni has been filled with many wrong turns and plagued with problems which only kept prolonging my graduation. At first I was mad because of all my problems but now I appreciate it because the turmoil has helped develop who I am as a person and will make getting this degree so much more rewarding.

Why tho?

Oh? Are you from a slightly different timeline?

I'm a software engineer making okay money but I just crashed my car and I'm going to be out of pocket in the end