QTDDTOT

Doing PPLPPLx adding 2.5-5kg a week on compounds, howshould I know when to increase on isolations?

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=z__JhcXraDU
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Anything in particular I should pick up at the grocery store if I'm trying to get fit as a 130lb 5'11 skelly?

Peanut butter

anybody feel tired af the day after lifting?

it doesn't happen all the time, but I lifted on monday night and today I've felt pretty groggy and tired

Isolations should be left a bit longer since the muscles don't grow as quickly.
I like to do something like this for my accessory work e.g Curls 30kg, start off as 3 sets of 20 then next session I make it 4 sets of 20 next session I do heavier 35 weight but 3 sets of 15 then 4 sets of 15, then 40 for 3x10 into 4x10 Until finally 45 3x5, 4x5 and then I repeat the cycle but with additional weight so 32.5 3x20.

Anything you can use to eat shitloads of you're skelly tier. My favourite is chocolate milk, 70-80 gram protein and easy to have and loadsa calories.

>Doing meme programs
Just do Starting Strenght and after a while add chin ups, dips and curls to the program

Are leg curls bad for your knees?

okay, thanks for the isolation tips!

is it possible to increase my powerclean from 135lbs to 185lbs without gaining mass? in general is it possible to gain olympian strength, but maintain an ottermode physique?

Increase weight on isolations when you can perform 12 reps with good form on all working sets.

I'm 18, is it a realistic idea to lift for a few years, try to reach my natty limit aesthethic and then switch to olympic lifting? Or would I be too old by then?

>in general is it possible to gain olympian strength, but maintain an ottermode physique?
No, especially as true olympians are on roids.That said, of course you can increase your powerclean while maintaining your physique, just see a good coach. Don't expect to be breaking record though.

Just work on mobility and stuff while you're lifting. You won't reach the top of the oly world, but you certainly won't be too old.

Okay, but theoretically, if I started right now, (after 2 months of lifting), would I have any chance to reach the top? Or are oly lifters lifting from 12 y/os always?;

unless you are a once-in-a-lifetime genetic specimen, no. But that is the case with most sports. If you were to pick up basketball now, there's very little chance we'll see you in the NBA in a couple of years. Of course, starting right now will make you a better oly lifter than if you would start in a couple of years, and you can certainly win some competitions and stuff if you train hard enough. Just don't expect to reach the olympics if you're not a freak of nature. I'm not trying to discourage you though.

so yes. the question wasn't even about how strong i can get, and roids are for those who wish nothing more than a >2% performance increase and a >2" dick.

redpill me on pickles

Okay, thank you!

>calling PPL a meme program
>recommends SS
theyre both fine but you must be at least slightly retarded

if you eat clen and tren hard, a tiny chance. if not, then zero chance.

Olympian strength (i.e. reaching the Olympics) isn't possible, strength increase/going from 135lb powerclean to 185 powerclean while maintaining physique definitely is

Sodium.
Eat cucumbers.

Is it ok to add a couple of sets of hamstring curls instead of glute ham raises on pic related?

i see, i used a caricature. i knew i should've just said, 'bigliftz'

Any tips for filming your own squat? Asking another dude to do it for me feels kinda gay

Water bottle/Dumbbell have your phone leaning on it, take from side and another set from front.

how do you work out in the morning
i went twice in the morning because of school and im really weak compared to the afternoon

You get used to it, coffee helps too.

it won't feel so gay if you do it naked, this has the added benefit of giving you more flexibility.

its not about energy. im just objectively weaker in the morning, despite eating
is there no winning?

You're not, it's placebo m8. It has even been studied.
It's all about what you're used to, there's a reason why some guys who only lift in the morning can go in and deadlift 700lbs with just a small breakfast.

The main difference between you two is the 700lbs guy has probably gone through shitloads of workouts where he feels weak meanwhile you're a beginner that has mentality affect him to such a huge degree.

When you can do 3x12 up the weight by the smallest increment. You’ll be around 8 reps next time and then you build it up again.

okay thanks my dude

okay, thanks!

Is a lean bulk possible as a natty? How many calories over TDEE would that be?

bump

Start off as 200-300 cals over TDEE, but the main thing is monitor your weight if you're a skinny teen novice for first 3-4 months you should probably aim for 1-2 lbs per week then cut it down to 1lbs.

I'm not a skinny teen novice though, just not content with how I look and how much I lift. I'll probably be doing a PHUL routine or Lyle McDonald's Generic Bulking routine.
How much weekly weight gain would be good? I'm 6'4, 210lbs, bf% around 13-15% (eyeball test), intermediate lifts.

I tweaked my lower back, probably doing squats with poor form. It's just on my left side, not in my spine. It's not too bad but I couldn't move normally for a couple days.

I'm feeling 85% better and I'm going to the gym today, not doing squats or dl's. I'll listen to my body and not push it.

Anyway, are there any specific stretches or exercises I can do to strengthen and help out my lower back? Any other advice, besides obviously working on my form?

Also I don't really stretch before lifting, and I don't lift low weights beforehand.

Am I completely fucking up?

m.youtube.com/watch?v=z__JhcXraDU

hey thanks a lot

if i don't get enough sleep and/or food in me throughout the day.

got a buddy at work and he complains about being tired af from the gym. works slow sometimes. not fuckin good bro.

i am too, esp after starting a new routine, but the difference is when my body needs sleep i allow myself time to sleep. whereas he stays up or has excuses not to even try to sleep.

and he skips times he should have meals, whereas i do not. i also supplement a multivitamin. oh and the fucker drinks sugary drinks literally all day. whereas i choose water. huge difference in performance in the gym just by making small essential changes outside of it.

Does recomping actually work? Can I look good by just following a routine consistently and hitting my protein goals?

Is anyone else eating corn for booty gains? I heard from black girls that it helps you get a big donk

yes if you do it right. however the most effective way in the long run, i would assume, would be cutting until you are where you want to be with your fat, then bulk. the whole recomping thing for few week cycles just reminds me of how people say they are gonna "bulk for the winter" and "cut for the summer"

when you are well enough to get back to your shit, it isn't a bad idea to take up to a week of lifting light shit focusing on your form and how it makes you feel, pertaining to your injury.

i advise to stretch before you go to bed and any time on an off day. also, deep stretching the night before the next day of lifting can hinder your performance if you have stretched too much. or it may help. everyone is different.

Am I being memed here? How the fuck do you think that works? Does corn have magical calories that go only to your ass and nowhere else?

>Can I look good by just following a routine consistently and hitting my protein goals?
Yeah, that's just basic lifting m8

no it is completely 100% impossible as a natty to lean bulk.

I don't know, but several ghetto black girls (LaShawne, Tashella, Chakia, Tamika, Jamia, Erika, Te'Aira, and Bonquisha) have all corroborated their theory that eating corn starch (and having anal sex) makes the booty grow.

I'm willing to try it.

i second this.

It works?

only if you combine it with anal sex

Should I be doing bench, deadlift, and squat every week? Or will lifting that heavy that often mess me up?
Should I still do it but at a lighter weight every other week?

I wanna get healthy and fit, but I need support from friends and family, but they don't care. Idk what to do.
Is there someplace online I can go to have someone help me with a meal plan, fitness routine, and overall support. I need someone to just tell me what I should be doing, then heckle me into actually doing it.

Get a PT or a coach if you need it badly. Otherwise, join a website/online community that best fits your needs. Also, read the sticky

I'd really like some crit on my first PPL program, posted in routine thread (both) with no feedback

another bump

I'm a newbie. I did 4 weeks of SS back in 2013 before my life got derailed. I'm looking to start back up again, but my goals are more hypertrophy, feeling energetic, and looking good nekked.

Should I do GSLP and cardio followed by an Arnold Split?

Do 8-10 reps on accessories,when you get 10 reps on each set add weight and repeat.

Too much volume. Also, no reason to do more than 1x5 DLs at max intensity.

Anything that you would reduce volume on in particular?

Will give that a go thanks

Only if the other guy is cool with doing it in the change room

Been doing that routine for 2 years. My curls looked like thia starting out. 20 lbs for 8 reps of 4 sets. Next day (same week) 20lbs for 9 reps, 4 sets. Basically increased by 1 rep each day until i got to 12 reps, then went up to 25 lbs, 8 reps, 4 sets etc....

sup Veeky Forums
Last week I was a little sick for two days and on the third day when I wasn't fully feeling great yet I still decided to go to the gym. While working out my head started hurting like crazy but I ignored it and continued, the same happened the days after everytime I was lifting. So I decided to take a 4 day break and take it easy.
Now I just went to the gym and on my the last rep of my last set the headache kicked in again so I went home.
I've done some googling and it sounds like a form of exertion headache, my only problem is that I haven't changed anything in my lifestyle, I drink more than enough water and I eat good. I've also checked my breath today while working out and I highly doubt that after lifting for 1,5 years I suddenly forgot how to properly breathe.
Any advice or hints at what it could be? Should I go see a doctor just incase?

>pic related, it's the area I feel the headache

stop seeking support from the ones around you. you are attempting to bring them into your reality and they don't click with your angle. the thing is you do not need them to get to where you want to be at with your health gains. you have your body and it is solely yours.

if one of your goals was to get advice from your friends/family, that's the wrong approach. they do not do what you are going to be doing. i'm not one to usually say things like this, but once you start working out, you will understand that they wouldn't have been much direct help at all to begin with. and that you are more accurate with your knowledge than they are. don't bring those people along with you, meet them when you are already There.

Pretty much all your isolations, minus calf raises and reverse cable flys. Take out 1-2 sets from each and go slightly heavier if you can, without compromising form.

>changed from low bar to high bar cause I wanna do oly lifting
>always go ATG
>don’t pay attention to slight buttwink because candytoe and muhammadisuf tell me it’s okay
>5months later and my lower back kinda hurts during squats but figure it’s just soreness
>2 days later
>do pulls
>can’t pull anything more than 60kg with severe pain
Do I have a herniated disc? It’s been like a month now and I’ve worked myself up to a slow and controlled 100kg deadlift and 80kg low bar squat without any pain (as long as I don’t have any degree of buttwink). I should probably visit a doctor but I’m just wondering. I think it should hurt more if it’s actually a herniated disc. It only hurts when I flex or extend my lower back to a higher degree.

Is 6 days a week lifting too much for a beginner? I've been doing a kind of SS/PPL hybrid for about 5 months now, but after doing some reading, it seems like this might not allow enough recovery time. This could explain why the gains have been slow. Can anyone recommend a good 4 day program? Goals are strength and aesthetics.

What accessories should/can I add to the Texas Method?

Just split up SS for 4 days and add some shit.

Day 1
Bench 3x5
Squat 3x5
Back and Biceps stuff

Day 2
OHP 3x5
Squat 3x5
Back and Shoulders stuff

Day 3
Bench 3x5
Squat 3x5
Back and Biceps

Day 4
OHP 3x5
Deadlift 1x5
More Shoulders stuff

Biceps, Back (if you’re not doing the program correctly and don’t include chinups), Side and Rear Delts, Maybe Abs if you think it’s necessary

what do you recommend for back? one-arm rows, barbell rows, or chinups?

If you work out in an unpressured cabin in the ocean. Will you die? Like goku shit

Duly noted, thanks

how do I make my forearms grow? I hang from the pull up bar and walk with 50lbs in each hand, but it's not making my forearms grow fast enough!

It’s entierly up to you. Personally I hate rows, so I just do chinups and do some more work for my traps. You might enjoy rows, in that case do those, whatever works for you.

I'm doing chinups and pendlay rows for back already, will curls be sufficient for 'ceps?

Forearms don’t grow quickly especially if you’re the kind of person who’s complaining about small forearms. There’s more to forearm strength and size than static holding power. Deviation, wrist, finger and thumb flexion and extension are all functions of the forearm muscles. Best to read up on it.

Yeah, probably.

Which martial art aside from boxing has the best real life defensive application?

>doing SS
>deadlifts 1x5 are getting too heavy to perform in a quick succession without breaking form

so right now im doing 2 deadlifts, put the barbell back, wait 10 seconds, lift, wait again until my set is finished, its too hard to do them all back to back even though i end up lifting 5 reps. is this a problem for linear strength progression? do i lower the weight so i can just do them all back to back?

It's fine to catch your breath a little between reps

I think my ab section is better. IS it?
for biceps its hard, I do curls with half my BW.
I started doing bench press, turns out its pumpy excercise.

>i never lifted till until two weeks, I want to look like normal male(meaning "aesthetic "in the grecoroman sense and not fluffy )

Boxing

yea, its doms basically. your body uses adrenaline and energy to pwoer thru a workout then recharges afterwards.
yea because it forces the knee into a path that it doesnt want to go.
good for snacks, low calorie and satisfying crunch.
sure.
you can do em all every week.
find strength from within yourself and stop relying upon those who dont have your interests at heart.
try to not strain your head when lifting.
doubt you have disc problems, prob just soreness. there are herinated disc tests you can do, google the tests. usually related to any tingle in nerves in arms or legs.
no. as the cabin adjusts to allow you to function. longer you are down tho you will need more time to adjust when coming back to surface.
hammer curls, rack pulls without straps, farmers walk with more than 50lbs. work towards 80-100 lbs minimum.
the stuff they teach in military.
abs are shit and chest is shit. dont post a picuture until you have lifted for a year at least.

I just started lifting and I'm benchpressing and I literally only feel it in my shoulders
I thought it was supposed to hit chess. Am I doing it wrong?
Also I just got stuck under 122 lbs

Is a butt dildo good enough?

here. Any alternatives? Of course I'm gonna squat and stuff, I'm just looking to do Lyle McDonald's Generic Bulking Routine, but it has leg curls in it. What can I swap it out with?

I asked in a previous thread on an alternative to pendley and was recommended t-bar rows. Gym only has the lying t-bar thing available. Is that ok too?

I found I had trouble doing the weight I was doing pendley on lying tbar. Could only manage 3 sets of 5 Vs 5x5

it's good but not exactly the same so you have to readapt
desu I prefer db rows so your back is protected and the path is completely free

>requesting and taking advice from internet nobodies and broscientists
WHY DO PEOPLE DO THIS

because communication and group experience are what makes humans better than animals
just because you're too much of a lazy retard to double check what people are saying to you doesn't change that fact

Cool. Might give dummies a go next time and decide between them. Is there a rough conversion from bar to dums ? I'm gonna guess it isn't simply half the weight

if i eat x calories of fat, will i get fatter than if i ate x calories of carbs?

it really depends on how you perform themand how much you cheat but I'd say it's less than half
also you have to train the correct form and adapt to the exercice so don't tstart too high

squats and lunges can hit the same way in a safer way.
t bar is more lat than rhomboid and rear delt of pendlay rows. i prefer t bar as pendlays hurt my shoulders. for dumbbell to barbell its a little differenet for everyone so just start at like 30lbs and move up each day until you feel a weakness. when doing dumbbell rows make sure you keep back straight and dont pull with lower back or dont pull with arms. focus on rhomboid and lat pulling.

no

form problem : watch how to do it properly onn yt but watch some renown coach vids not that generic yt coach crap

anything with a good amount of sparring
and the less rules the better