Reps until failure?

Gym noob here

I watched Arnold say reps until failure is the best thing for your muscles.

I tried doing this, but when I did, I only got to do my exercies once, because I feel like I couldn't possibly do it one more rep.

Is this wrong? Why do people even do sets if the best is to rep until failure

I googled rep and set because I suck okay im not quite sure i got them right

lift your sets at a weight that lets you keep one in the tank. it's better for recovery, you're new and you need to be able to progress linearly which means you need to not exhaust yourself until you have a base to work with.

arnold was a bodybuilder running gear and you are not, don't lift like him.

how is it better for recovery? should I be taking more rest days if I ever choose to do reps until failure? Can I skip rest days if I don't rep until failure?

you can resume workout 48 hours after you last worked to total failure. you might feel as if you can't lift/work anymore but you can, its a mental thing

recovery between sets. if you gas yourself on your first set because you're lifting too heavy you can't get the volume in that you need to develop your strength.

you also don't have the muscle mass to work with that going to failure bodybuilder style for a pump is about. if you don't have the tissue to force blood into you aren't getting the pump that arnold is talking about.

forget ego lifting, stick with a weight you can complete your sets on, eat and you will grow and get stronger

Repetitions (reps) of an exercise until failure is great for hypertrophy. Honestly though, I'd suggest doing it based on the GSLP model a bit more if you're a noob. What that means is do two sets of 5 reps, then do another set where you go until near failure.

If you specifically just really want to build muscle and don't care that much about strength, use a machine on the riskier lifts and do a VERY slow pace for every single rep (5 seconds each way) and go to complete failure. Don't do another set after this. Do eat a shit ton of protein over the next several days.

>Arnold
What a roided freak says =/= good advice for natties

You cannot natty go to failure all the time, you will burn out/injure yourself

I will take the GSLP thing and try it out, thank you!

Is Arnold perhaps not the best person to get advice from? I suppose i should have known that

Don't make the mistake of basing your entire routine on one piece of advice. Also don't take advice from people on steroids because it's irrelevant to natties

Are there other people I should listen to? I have watched some of a guy called Jeff, from Athlean-X, but unsure if he is that smart

Jeff is the man. Good educated videos.

watch delray misfits and do what lenny does

thanks guys. Appreciate the info

Doing what's best for a pump isn't necessarily what's best for building strength as a beginner. That said, tenacity is important, and whatever program you choose, you should try to keep going despite feeling like you can't. Just try not to risk injury too much.

3x10 reps, you should be approaching failure at rep 10 for each set and at failure at the last rep of the last set.

thanks guys, I went to the gym and tried to use your advice and I am fucking destroyed.

I love this board.

mfw you think this is actually possible

>Natty
>Listen to the Oak giving advice to aspiring professional bodybuilders
>Uses said advice

Wanna know how I know you're probably not gonna make it?

Is this in English?

DYEL?

Ye, I just started.

The problem with taking advice from Arnold is that he last did any serious lifting over 30 years ago. A lot has changed since then in the world of fitness.

Mark Rippletits' book is good for form advice. Whether you do lowbar or highbar squat, doesn't matter, but if you do lowbar, his book is great for form advice. Otherwise, the way he coaches bench, OHP and deadlifts are all worth reading.

GSLP is a strength training program which also takes into account aesthetics, so that will serve you well if you intend to go into aesthetics training ( bodybuilding ) later on. Otherwise, if you wanna lift more weight ( powerlifting ), do SS + GOMAD.

Also, if you're over 20% bodyfat, go on a cut first. Do not do GOMAD or any serious bulking at or above 20% bodyfat or you will just get fat.

rich piana. best natural vegan bodybuilder alive today.