I have yet to find proof that compound exercises are more effective than isolation exercises aside from personal...

I have yet to find proof that compound exercises are more effective than isolation exercises aside from personal anecdotes. Autists of Veeky Forums, can you provide me with some proofs?

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4592763/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Compounds only made it so I got stronger faster and then could lift more on the isolations. I prefer isolations but I would never start like that. That's just wasting away gains in the beginning.

More effective for what?

>doing 16 exercises to substitute a squat
lmao@ur life

The technique for learning compound exercises is difficult and may lead to injury while isolation exercises are equally good.
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4592763/

>The results of the present study shows that MJ (multi-joint) and SJ (single-joint) exercises are equally effective for promoting increases in muscle strength and size in untrained men, confirming our hypothesis.
>Based on the present results, it can be suggested that the selection between SJ and MJ exercises should be based on individual and practical aspects, such as equipment availability, individual preferences, movement specificity, time commitment etc.

Only idiots do one, but not the other

that study is fucking awful on so many levels

>one pre-post test study
>sample size of 29
Get me a meta-analysis and then we can talk

the dyelcope

you know how many muscles a squat or a deadlift works, if you would isolate every single one you would be doing like 18 different exercises versus ONE that does the trick as well

Not a DYEL brah, I do exclusively compound exercises with a few shrugs and curls thrown in here and there but I've just never seen any proof of the supposed benefits of compound exercise shit that gets jerked off around here

user have you considered actually trying both? You'll notice that IF YOU ARENT ON STEROIDS the brosplit method doesn't work as well. Besides, they're not even mutually exclusive, you can use compounds for overall the whilst using isolation to cover areas of weakness

read I do compound exercises. I just wanna see concrete proof instead

40 years ago people did fuck retarded shit to get gains that we today would consider ineffective for gains. You don't see people recommending Arnold's bodybuilding programme (>inb4 b-but he's on roids hurrdurr) because it's outdated. Yet, we've never seen any concrete proof for why the status quo is a compound exercise circlejerk for gains.

>TL;DR: compound exercises are a meme just like the workout programmes decades ago, there's no scientific or concrete proof just like there wasn't for the programmes before

>ive never seen the proof
we had this discussion before and there were a few studies posted concluding that compounds due the greater load provide a greater growth stimulus than just isolations

you do sound like a dyel even if youve been lifting for months i bet that youre not strong or big

please do send the studies ... ill wait ;)

Compounds are a circle jerk online but brosplit are a circle jerk in real life. I know you're looking for actual studies but surely lifting heavy as fuck weights cannot not get you big right?

you pubmed warriosr are so stupid thinking something is proof yet the best people in the world have been doing it the other way

you think a single study with 10 people done on untrained people proves anything. Look at the biggest and strongest people in the world they all use compound exercises with some isolation. compounds are your bread and butter this is no black/white thing you can do both you fukin purist dummy. You think doing a 140kg bench will give you less gains than doing 5 different types of chest flies? Good luck doing heavy chest flies without tearing something

plus some isolations arent even that safe and known for causing injuries like leg/tri extensions, spinal flexion exercises like crunches and lateral raises for example.

why would you wanna do 20 different exercises when you can do 1 compound and 1 isolation for a lacking part are you like 16 years old

this lmao, all these faggots say shit like
>just isolate every striation for maximum growth

and im still sure hell reply like ''bbbut wheres the proof''

theese dyels are so clueless almost like they spend 1 day in the gym. Good luck doing heavy leg extensions tell me how your knees feel afterwards lmao

But still isolations have their place, saying 'one or the other' is retarded. Do both both majority of your work should be compounds

efficiency man, easier to just squat than do a full bber leg day because i don't fucking care about optimal leg development

The most efficient way to make gains is to do a lot of work so just do both

This is just as retarded as the 'Strenght vs Hypertrophy' discussion

Do both you fucking autists, it isnt rocket science

Then dont do compounds if that's what you believe no one cares

Lmaoing at the results you'll see

Compounds are just easier for people who need to save time. Thats why i like them, i just want to do my set of squats maybe some bb lunges and hamstring curls and go home.