Martial arts thread

>ITT : Post the martial art you practice and your level , weight/height ( manlets allowed)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=SGpDVCkhtD4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I've been practicing Aikijutsu for 3 years now and am pretty confident I can beat up 99% of Veeky Forums.

Judo, year and a half, currently only gokyu, going to rank up to yonkyu and sankyu asap because I am going to be in charge of my uni's judo club next year. 5'11 180 lbs

what martial arts should I take for self defense Veeky Forums?

Parkour.

Nothing
I’m too poor, only know basic moves that I’ve seen and read. They helped when someone tried to mug me but that was it

I'm trying to find a Tai Chi class but none of the classes around are taking beginners.

Amateur wrestler from 6th grade to college, BJJ for about 7 months now- I do nogi but I reckon I'm a blue belt? I'm 5'8, walking weight is 174 but my weight when I wrestled was 160~

I wanted to do MMA but I took a nasty hit when I played high school football (well, a series of concussions) that essentially precludes me from striking

krav maga, 1st dan (first black belt) after 8 years

i quit like 5 years ago but still have it deep inside, this shit doesnt go out easy

also getting back to it more and more with friends whilst street fighting, we're all professionals with safety gear so its pretty good

also 5'7, 65 kgs

Aikido guy here. How does your art differ?

did:
>muay thai for one year
>aikido for another year
>judo for about five years
now i'm doing:
>judo one day a week
>muay thai one day a week
>bjj four days a week

i'm 6'1 and about 185 lbs
>tfw i don't even lift

Braaap-pfoot!

>
TKD for 16 years, sure you wanna try?

Been doing Taekwondo for the last 7 years, just turned 1st Dan

IDPA, Expert (~65th percentile, so not that great) Compact Carry Pistol. 6'1" 170.

splits the difference between aikido and jujitsu

BJJ for 7 years
Boxing and Muay Thai on and off as offered at BJJ gyms

5'9, 160lbs

Probably just as useless

I also have a gun, so there's that.

There ya go

kyokushin, one month in

judo for 3 years
Currently green and going for blue in a few days.
170cm and 82kg

you will be running a club after a 1 and a half years?
I am not too familair with the 'japanese names', what color is your belt? yellow?

>Aikido
>beating anyone

2 years of boxing and muay thai says i can fucking kill you.

matsubayashi karate, 2nd Dan, 78 kg, 183 cm.

Bjj (BB) and Judo (7th kyu aka WB), will go back to wrestling once a week asap.
>That feel when 10 rounds of heavy bags and 5 of pao wreked your cardio.
I should train MT again but would have to sacrifice wreslting again, which is detrimental to my (already frail) mental sanity.

youtube.com/watch?v=SGpDVCkhtD4

Krav maga, 2 years, 6'1, 168lbs.