Bulking when you don't like eating

I'm trying to gain weight but I pretty actively dislike eating. It's a chore and I simply forget often.

Can I get some tips? Like, is it possible for me to eat my entire diet in home made shakes

Unless you're a pro bodybuilder you can probably get by just eating when you're hungry and probably supplementing with a shake/BCAAs during your post-workout anabolic period.

Okay. I've been trying to count my macros, but eating this much this often isn't easy for me. Even when I'm hungry I'm usually not interested.

Thanks man, I appreciate it

Also gets rough bc I'm always running from place to place because of work

Fill in some of those calories with protein shakes/smoothies, i guess
Eating enough is important for bulking, you won't gain weight otherwise

I know it is! It's just been so hard for me to want to eat lately, I dont know why. I'm thinking it's a psychological thing but I don't know what exactly, meh

>half gallon milk 1200 cal
>6 eggs 420 cal
>serving of oats 200 cal
>peanut butter in oats 200 cal
>serving of rice or pasta 200 cal
>tablespoon of olive oil 100 cal

Thats more than half your diet right their. I'd also suggest cooking a big pot of chili. The faster you eat the longer you stay hungry, and a 500 cal bowl of chili can be finished in like 1 minute

If you're bulking, the highest caloric surplus you need is about 200-300 calories as a novice, less if you're more advanced. You really don't need to be bulking on more than a 500 calorie surplus as you'll get diminishing returns of muscle growth per calorie over say 300 or so.
Any more calories over that will be stored as fat, unless you're doing hours and hours of cardio per day.
Find out your TDEE, make sure you eat that daily and maybe just eat a kitkat or something that's around 200-300 calories to get the surplus.
Of course ensure you're getting enough protein in as well. Aim for 1g of protein per lb of body weight.

This is not what the sticky said...

I'm having this issue lately where it's quite difficult for me to eat quickly. Like even though I'm hungry food isn't appealing

I think having all of my meals pre prepared might help though. And thanks for the help dude

Hm, I didn't know that. Thank you

I'm concerned about micronutrients though too. Ive read that multivitamins don't actually benefit you much so I'd rather get micronutrients via diet

sticky gives a formula but I believe there have been studies done that support a 200-300 calorie surplus being optimal
>micronutrients
use cronometer, gives a breakdown of micros
if you are eating a balanced diet with plenty of veg and some fruit, you should be getting most vitamins
drink fortified milk/soy milk that has b12/calcium/d3
supplement d3 otherwise with tablets
>multivitamins don't actually benefit you much
depends on the person, some idiot just eating fast food all the time will need them
if you're eating nutrient-dense foods then they aren't necessary

just ensure you're consuming in your diet:
-oats
-brown rice
-brocolli
-apple
-spinach
-orange juice
you will get a lot from these foods

you can try fast food if you are having trouble.

What if you can't fucking stand broccoli? I eat quite a bit of kale

Thanks for the suggestion. I'd like to try fast food, but I worry quite a bit about the health implications of eating it all the time.

if you are serious about making gains you will find a way to eat it
there different ways to cook it, you can try grilling/roasting with lemon juice
steaming for different times to determine a taste and texture that you can manage with
mix it into shakes with banana etc
or find another greens that you don't mind

kale is amazing, it's micro breakdown is quite a bit better than broc in a lot of vitamins but lower in b1, b5. Also it's very high in vit K and 100g will give you 671% of your daily intake lmao

the idea is that you want to be going for a variety of vegetables daily, your diet should be based around them

whole milk

Okay. But kale is okay as a replacement for broccoli? Or is broccoli really more beneficial?

Thought about that, isn't too much dairy kind of shitty for you?

as long as you are steaming the kale and not boiling it, it is a great replacement. Boiling removes a lot of the vits. I find kale big, leafy and awkward so I prefer brocc when I am meal prepping.
unless you have a serious medical condition, or are a pro-athlete, you shouldn't really fuss too much over micros GIVEN that you're eating a balanced diet that has 3-5x 80g servings of veg, 2x servings of fruit, decent low gi carb sources (oats, brown rice, wholemeal pasta etc) and getting in your protons.

Use pic related as a guide.

Depends on your genetics - how tolerant you are and able to digest lactose. Depends on how much you are consuming.

Alright. I usually eat raw kale, sometimes I get these quinoa and kale things that you thaw in your microwave.

Thanks for the advice!

Milk had the macrcos you need. If you drink Regular whole milk you'll get plenty of calories and the sugar in it is actually lactose which is far less harmful than other sugars so don't worry about it.

If you are very very active at lifting, you can move to this stuff which has other sugar which isn't as good but it shouldn't affect you poorly if you don't remain sedentary.

It's expensive compared to regular milk but has much more protein. Basically yes you can drink most of your protein and carbs but do try to get SOMe meat. Why? to get a complete amino acid profile which is a higher quality for your muscles :) good luyck

When I did GOMAD to bulk I made excellent fucking gains, but I had pretty bad stomach cramps when I drank it without food.

Maybe for some, I am very lactose tolerant I guess

Have you tried eating at maintenance first?

Okay. Well, some folks in my family have thyroid disorders. I've read that they tell people at risk of thyroid disorders or who have thyroid problems to avoid dairy, especially women.

I appreciate the suggestion though, it's certainly caloric. I'll do some more research about it.

Does your family consume enough iodine?

Thanks! I replied to another user explaining why I'm wary of dairy. The common sentiment that I've been seeing is that it can trigger endocrine issues, and some people in my family have them.

Only two people and I don't smoke and have a much healthier lifestyle overall than them, I just want to be cautious.

I don't know. I thought you only needed trace amounts of iodine in your diet?

It was my grandmother who had a hyperthyroid, my other grandma got thyroid cancer (at like 82 though), and I've got a great aunt who had some issues. I'm not sure about their iodine consumption unfortunately.

I have! I just didn't really gain anything.