You come here often buddy, but you still haven't told me the reason you lift

You come here often buddy, but you still haven't told me the reason you lift.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Oc6sJ1tBkRQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Running away from my life
Anything to get away you know

fuck man why you gotta bring that up

It can't be that bad

Just think about how powerful we really are.
>Kek
If I start getting dedicated to life again just think about the possibilities

All you have to do is stop running away and deal with it to actually begin a new lane in life. Want to do something different, stop running

Damn, I may give this a try

because i hated being a person that when people looked at me that they felt like they could take advantage of me. I'm not saying that I was getting raped but since i didn't have a physical presence people treated me like i was beneath them and posed no threat. now that I've put on more weight i get more respect especially with my business dealings. I've made more money since getting fit and my career has grown exponentially. There are other benefits of hitting the gym other than health and sloots.

cuz I wanna look juicy and thick

killing time until I die bro

I want to be attractive
I want girls to feel the same way looking at me like I do when I see that short skirt wearing slut at the bar

I don’t want to be a beta compared to my friends and other guys, I want girls to look at me and get wet

I do it for the aesthetics

I have no reason not to, and the physical pain distracts me from the mental pain.

I want to be harder to kill

I want to be helpful to people

I have no friends and I want to be able to offer something

It's the one thing i have control of in this crazy life. It's relaxing and lets me focus.

I want to feel less worthless

To defy gravity.

why the fuck are you all so depressed and shit?

It started out as getting back at my first girlfriend for screwing some guy. I wanted to fight him and hate Fuck her.
Now she's fat, he is failing at life and I'm doing well. Decent money, own place, fit enough to bag married women, and going to school with no kids. I realized after the first married woman that people just like sex. It's nothing personal. Everyone ducks everyone if they can. I don't know if i can ever marry now but i understand this simple social rule and I'm ok with it.

So now? I just do it because it's safe. It's the church for my godless ass. My mind calm when I'm lifting and gives me structure when i used to be an alcoholic.

>t-thanks guys, sincerely

Many different reasons...

To fight.
To crush my asthma.
To prove doctors wrong.
To eligible for army waiver.
To be an outlet for my anger.

My doctor called me fat.

>I'm an engineer

My depression started after accepting a promotion and pay raise..

>revealing anything to the cucks at MEPS
Unless you’re on tricare the likelihood of them finding out is slim.
I’d say get in the best cardiovascular shape of your life, and then get in better shape than that, so you can run circles around without being on medication.

Degenerate. Day of the rope comes soon.

I have strong feelings of inadequacy and insecurity that fuels my self hatred and lifting is a safe outlet to release my anger.

My dad keeps telling me that he used to be in great shape, but I look at him now and he's fat and unhealthy and gets winded easily. I lift and run so I don't wind up like my dad.

I have nothing else to do.

I want to be able to deadlift my car.

I will someday.

I lift for those who came before me and the hope for a better future.

>realized I'm going to die someday
>Realized life was too short to die a loser
>Decided to make my sole purpose in life to become the greatest version of myself that I can be in looks, intelligence, and whatever craft or skill I choose.

That's pretty much it.

It helps me to build discipline and gives me a daily goal to work towards. Never liked making music and while running was a time waster, it wasn't as concrete as weightlifting is. Seeing my numbers go up every week gives me a ton of motivation and energy.

I have an issue where I get these incredibly hardcore "autism surges" where I will just have so much energy. This happens the most when I listen to French chansons such as this youtube.com/watch?v=Oc6sJ1tBkRQ

I feel purpose as to where I must fulfill an ultimate goal for the God, King and Country. Although I couldnt feel more far from those 3, it is still what carries me on.

Honestly man?
I've got it all. I've got the girl, the supportive family, the career track, the friends. I should feel really successful, I have what plenty of people would kill for.
Like when you guys say
>TFW YWN __________
If it's something "chad" or "normies" do, typically I've done it.

But my girl could cheat. my dad or mom or sister could get hurt, could develop a disease. My schooling could get derailed if I came down with mental illness or something went very wrong. It's all so fucking fragile.

I lift so I can be strong enough to keep it together, I guess. It helps me manage stress. I'm a paranoid anxious motherfucker, always will be. Might as well be a yoked one with a healthy way of managing the stress and fears of losing everything.

Myself. But i'll expand, I lift to get out my deep seething anger at my fuck ups, the people around me, and the stress from not knowing what i want outta life. I lift, put my anger into it, and leave it alone afterwards. anything that comes from it makes it better.

You know, I was just thinking about this tonight. I was having a major existential crisis right before I went to the gym, and thought about it while I was working out.
I do it out of spite. Not just that, but just improving myself/living in general. Depression is a bitch, and I hate the part of me that gets depressed. So instead of doing nothing and trying to kill myself, I use my self-loathing as motivation. Fuck me should I see a therapist?

There are few things in life where I can actively feel myself getting better at a task as I perform it.

Lifting is one such activity.

>for her

>Paranoid and anxious
>Got it all

Good one bud

For me, I've been working on bettering myself and the first time I went to a gym and left exhausted it was extremely satisfying. Tomorrow is a rest day and it really feels like I have less to look forward to. Did deadlift for the first time today and learned about the form, Im just kind of bummed out that I dont have that again until sunday

You sow distrust and hatred with your actions; your egoism makes you a social parasite, and I sincerely hope some husband kills you in a fit of passion and gets off with 5 years, 2 with good behavior.

Nice, craftsmanship is a beautiful path. A skilled man is irreplaceable

I lift because 5 hours a week gets me stronger, more attractive, more respected, and happier than 90% of men. Also because I want a high quality woman

It's true. I don't "have" paranoia and anxiety, that's who I am. It's not clinically diagnosed it's just a stressor. What I "have" is a solid fuckin setup I'd like to hold on to.

stop feeling sorry for yourselves. pussies.

someones gotta do it

To prove myself worthy of the life the Lord has given me. To be the father to my children that I wanted my own to be. To be stronger than I was yesterday.

I hope you get enough muscles to stop a bullet faggot
Or even a knife

What a fucking retard reason to lift
So do you also learn a fighting style?
I hope you can karate chop a bullet in half moron

The only correct answer

You guys are too deep for me.

I lift to pull more girls and to look better naked during sex.

>im-fucking-plying being physically fit doesnt increase the likely hood of survival for all those things.
maybe a fatty could take getting stabbed better, but they already have shitty blood flow, any trauma will fuck them up fast.

You're pretty much begging to be stabbed at this point
Shut your muscle bound cave man mouth before I stab it

It's not the worst idea desu.

please do ;P
>no homo

For my waifu