Is planet fitness a good gym? How do I work up to courage to go for the first time. Please help frens

Is planet fitness a good gym? How do I work up to courage to go for the first time. Please help frens

No,

Weight dropping is prohibited so you can't do a lot of exercises safely.

Does anybody else picture all the lunk alarms that would go off if you lifted like a normal fucking person and a planet fitness? Today was back day, so I probably would have set it off 40 times.

Where do I go then? How do I get over my autism of feeling like everyone will be watching me?

Honestly in a gym nothing matters but yourself. You're there to improve yourself, and that's pretty cool. Most of the real gymrats are pretty passionate about lifting and happy to see someone else partake in their passion as well. Anyone that cares about what you're doing is a loser that isn't doing what they should be in a gym. Just get out there and do it for you.

I know what you say is true but I have EXTREME levels of autism, and where should I go if not planet fitness? I wanted to go there in the middle of the night so I could be alone

all commercial chain gyms are shit

Hi buddy, planet fitness isn't great but it's okay for a beginner

I go to genesis in australia, pretty good honestly
4 cages, and a rack, space for oly lifting
2 fixed benches, 5 mobile benches, tons of machines and cardio shit

I go to Planet Fitness (switched to it after going to GoodLife for three years). It's cheap and closer to my home but does lack a lot of shit. For example, the only barbells you can add weight to are attached to a smith machine (so no deadlifts), they don't have towels at the front desk and there's only two showers in the change room (one of which is for cripples). In addition, there are no personal trainers you can hire (most of the staff at my place are out of shape) and classes have a fucked up schedule. You can still make gains but keep in mind it's not a gym, it's Planet Fitness (yes this is their slogan.

Well that might mess up your sleep schedule which is pretty unhealthy. If I were you I'd go to a gym at a normal hour and see if its too scary and if it is then try later hours.

search gyms near you on google maps

visit them

Go to one that allows you to do all the lifts you need

done

Also, I'd say if you're really out of shape currently then anywhere with somewhat standard equipment should be good to get you started. Planet Fitness is, as I've heard, ok for beginner level stuff.

I live a mile away from a planet fitness, still go to a far superior gym 5 miles away.

I refuse to sacrifice a lifting sanctuary for some purple shithole.

Everyone is watching you but you have to just get over it. You'll be relatively strong in 3 months and the beginning doesnt matter anymore

thank you friends ill look for other gyms, but I might still go to planet fitness if theyre too expensive for now. Id like to channel my autism into something actually productive but its difficult after being a shutin faggot for so long

What else would you be using your neetbux on?

Can you imagine being this pathetic? user stop being an absolute pussy

i had to look up lunk-alarm. I can't actually believe that such a think exists

weeb you stupid fuck get off Veeky Forums and get in the god damn gym

How much you pay for your gym? For me, 10 bucks a month is better than 50 bucks a month.

the virgin judger vs the chad spotter

In the videos I've seen of Planet Fitness, it looks like they have a dumbell section, so you can work with those consistently to start out. Then, you can transfer to a different gym when you outgrow PF.

>be me
>insecure obese manlet
>actually get motivated to improve myself
>go to "gym" for the first time (planet fitness)
>work up courage to try to bench for the first time
>not sure what i'm doing
>realize i'm trying too much weight
>panic
>try to get weight down asap
>accidentally lose my grip at the last second and bar hits against the metal a bit loud
>alarm goes off
>realize it's me
>oh shit what the fuck
>everyone stares at me
>getting weight shamed
>sheepishly pack my things and leave
>feel so embarrassed i want to die
>go home and order massive amounts of pizza to deal with these feels

And that's the closest I've come to making it

The secret is that once you start your workout you're going to be too preoccupied with what your doing to notice whether or not anyone is watching you.

If your self conscious and shy then planet fitness is probably the best gym for you. Most of tl the people that go there aren't even jacked. Lots of THICC qts too.