Squat

So I just collapsed under the weight I was squating and missed the safety bars. I fell to the ground, my chest hit another bar I had set up and my head was slammed into the floor as the bar rolled off my neck. Now my neck is getting stiff as a motherfucker.
So I'm wondering, are squats even worth it? I don't really want to die in a gym before I've made it.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=U5zrloYWwxw&t=3s
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

They're worth it if you don't squat with such shit form that you not only fail your lift, but also miss the fucking safeties.

>Missed the safeties
How fucking retarded can you be to miss the safeties?
You're not one of those people that takes 20 steps back as soon as they unrack the bar fo no fucking reason are you?

>my chest hit another bar I had set up and my head was slammed into the floor
I don't understand. Can you draw me a diagram?

See a doctor bro
Best of luck

I was trying to squat deeper than I usually do and at the bottom of the rep my legs lost all their power and I started to move forward basically as soon as I started moving I knew I was fucked.

I had another bar set up for rows that I was going to do right after squats. I don't really have a diagram but it was just a bar loaded with some weights in front of the squat rack.

How did your chest hit the second bar if it was in front of the rack? Were you squatting backwards like a retard? You know you're supposed to face the cage, right?

Holy shit.

Did you not watch, like, ONE video of a squat demonstration? Good lord user.

I had always used the ones that were enclosed, I just joined this new gym like 3 months ago and I've only ever seen one person use it and that was a girl. I had no idea I was doing it backwards.
I'm kinda taken back by all this, because not only could I have prevented this, but people have been watching me do it wrong for months and no one said anything.

You are a gigantic fucking retard. Enjoy your paralysis LOL.

>fuck up
>blame everything except your stupidity

op has a vagina

No man, I admit it. I'm stupid as hell. Not only was I squating backwards and didn't know it, but I did it really tired and almost put myself in a wheel chair.
I'm going to go to sleep now and hope that when I wake up, I can still turn my head.

Go see a physiotherapist

so it's not the squats fault, what is your blog about again?

you deserve it you moron

reading your OP made me hate you instantly

Wow this is a special kind of stupid. Squats are easy to fail. Just leg go of the fucking bars and hop forward. I can’t believe you had the audacity to make this retarded post.

Ask around OP. Ask the receptionist fit good form or spotting. It's never a shame to ask, even if you know how but just want to be sure.
Get better and don't die lifting.

>these are the people giving health advice on Veeky Forums

Yeah, maybe this whole lifting thing aint for you kid

Squatting is gay in the first place. You can get juicy legs doing cardio not to mention you'll be more fit than the squat ogre.

this jesus christ

it blows my mind how common that shit is in commercial gyms

>do quarter squats all life
>try to go below parralell for the first time in your life
>almost kill self

serves you right to be quite honest

youtube.com/watch?v=U5zrloYWwxw&t=3s

pic related this guy is very dissapointed in you

You always walk backwards away from the rack when you unrack to start and walk forwards to rack the bar when you finish. Never try to fucking rack the bar backwards. Besides putting yourself at risk to miss the rack and fail that way, you say risk exactly what happened to you and missing the safeties if you tip forward.

Echoing other anons, I'm amazed you've been lifting for as long as you apparently have and you somehow never watched a single tutorial on squatting. How did you study squat form? Did you study?

In any event, stories like this are why I never ever squat outside a cage.

> DYEL has been quarter squatting for life
> Weight on his back
> Suddenly decides fuck it, ATG this rep
> First time attempting real squat.
> Poorly trained body can't handle the weight
> Crushed. Embarrassed. Emasculated.
> Unfortunately does not die
> Runs home to Veeky Forums
> Squatz r dangerous guise!

To be fair to OP I was doing it wrong until a regular pointed it out to me as well. I've had to drop it once during a failed ATG squat once too

Jesus christ you dumb nigger
You aren't supposed to take like 15 steps outside of the squat rack, half a step is enough