Is it just me or does anyone else find no matter how good the gains are...

Is it just me or does anyone else find no matter how good the gains are, how much your physique improves and how much stronger you get the more you hate yourself? I'm in the best shape of my life physically but the worst mentally. Is this a norm?

Pic unrelated

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hPKZSyz4QoI
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

yes

No it's not just you. There are loads of turbofaggots out there.

The more you 'self improve', the more the void and pointlessness of everything beckons. It's just like how a retard doesn't understand the impermanence of life, sometimes I wish I was retarded too.

This explains exactly what I'm feeling. Glad I'm not the only one.

i'm in the same position as you op

So terrible

Just recognise it, don't ignore it, and indulge yourself of what is a slither of fun in an ocean of nothingness. All the more reason to not work a shitty job, or be subservient to anyone.

welcome to Veeky Forums, you'll fit right in

This is how I feel too but I have some issues that can't be compensated by anything so no matter how good I become I'll hate myself. Don't know if I'd feel this way if I were normal.

Yeah, same. I use casual sex to cope. Doesn't help me any afterwards though.

Yeah I've tried to do that as well desu. Makes things worse

Went from 356lbs to 189. Looked amazing to everyone else but myself.
>start doing cocaine
>bye bye fat
>keep doing massive amounts of cocaine
>bye bye gains
Starting over. Thank God for muscle memory.

its because lifting doesnt fix you ugly face sry lel

>Uses cocaine for weightloss
You have to be rich

you lack a strong spiritual and metaphysical foundation bud

your body may be strong but your soul is weak

youtube.com/watch?v=hPKZSyz4QoI

Lel everytime I get close to something real, I back off because I'm afraid of rejection. And I've met some really nice people, too.
>feelsbad.jpg

Pointers and where to start?

Read some Marcus Aurelius

Literally finished meditations a month ago, its sitting on my bookshelf next to my bed. I'm reading more in the hopes it'll help. Cheers

>Have a female friend
>She's cute
>I think she doesn't like me at all
>Once we are drinking at my place, my friend invited her but got drunk and went to sleep, left us alone with her
>I got drunk too, go full savage and invite her to take a bath with me
>Turns out she likes me and agrees instantly
If I were sober that would never happen. And will never happen again.

Don't just read philosophy, study it. Take notes, mark things down, read different analyses and interpretations, and contemplate. It might take some time but it's worth it.

yikes! that's quite a question, there are many ways and much exploration is required
I'd personally start with darwinian interpretations of religion, namely christianity and buddhism. A healthy dose of the western canon focusing on the ancient greeks, Russian romanticism, German idealism
and a splattering of 18th century english poetry. Then maybe you can start exploring some modern works of philosophy and literature including Friedrich Nietzsche, French existentialism, the psychoanalytics and others. that should give you a pretty solid foundation for the more interesting contemporary thought from the 60's onwards.
Don't be afraid to engage in activities such as yoga, mass, zen meditation (this school is the most approachable to western people) dance, singing and the expressive visual arts! these forms of activities are meditative in practice and help you develop a stronger connection between your mind and body and enrich your life and develop soul. by less, experiment with routine and create your own rituals; life is once big game of exploration that never ends; don't let your spirit be subsumed by consumer narratives and materialistic thinking :)

Aurelius is a crap stoic, read Seneca, Epictetus instead.

Yeh this is me as well, anytime I actually achieve a goal, I don’t feel a goddam thing.

also don't be ashamed of your masculinity; contemporary feminist narratives strives to destroy you for what you are, watch out!

> le start with the greeks may may

It is here. I think it's because of this prevailing mindset that you are never good enough, it's not okay to forgive yourself for the mistakes you've made, and shame, rage, hatred are all treated as sources of motivation. While they may light a fire under your ass, you're only really gunning for self destruction. If you only ever look at the past with regret or resentment, you're not going to see now as anything better, every improvement just ends up becoming part of that miserable reflection. What you should be doing is having some damn compassion for yourself, brometheus. Allow yourself to appreciate the good you've done today, even if it was seemingly minor and routine. Every little thing you do adds up to eventually accomplishing your goals. And if you fucked up, respect yourself and be objective. Look to the mistake to figure what and why you did wrong so you can avoid repeating it, learn instead of berating yourself. This is how we improve.

Was referring to emotional rejection though haha. So I just fuck people instead.

Also, am interested to know how you guys turned out. You don't sound like you went for her any time after

Reading any philosophy is a fucking meme. So much bullshit you're literally better off just fishing for wisdom on this site.

I wouldn't go that far my dude. Philosophy is good for expanding one's thoughts.

10/10 post, this is honestly some of the best advice on this board ever
What helps get out of this mindset is perspective.
Travel around or even just go do some other fitness-related stuff. More often than not you'll see how puny, weak and unaesthetic most people are.
1/2/3/4 is actually FUCKING TREMENDOUS to the regular joe, and guess what - the world is 99% regular joes. Don't go soft on yourself, but c'mon you're not that bad.

>Is it just me or does anyone else find no matter how good the gains are, how much your physique improves and how much stronger you get the more you hate yourself?
While regular exercise can do wonders for one's emotional state, if you have issues that need addressing, the iron won't solve them. Keep lifting, and try therapy. You can make it, brah.