Losing fat while making gains?

Obsessing about fitness is my favorite :)

Hi friends!

So after ~5 months of strength training my ass is shaplier and quads are noticeably bigger (and taught as a fucking puma), which gives my lower body this pleasant feminine fit look. It’s legit incredible and I can’t wait to see it in another 7 months.

Problem: these glorious gains have come at a cost. I’ve been eating at a surplus overall for these 5 months, and now I’m feeling super fat. My fat all stores in tummy area and if I don’t maintain a thin and lithe appearance it really makes me look less feminine, which is awful. The people that claim lifting burns fat are filthy lying whores and I hope they get coal for christmas -_-

I started out at ~125lbs, which is already like 5 over my ideal. Weighed just now at 132.2, and I haven’t eaten today. So how do I manage this???

I’m like addicted to these gains now but feel like I want to get down to like 115 and then do clean slow back to 125. But how do I lose 17lbs while keeping all my gains, and hopefully making more? This is called recomp right? How does this work lol.

Let’s have a nice thread okay? :)

Other urls found in this thread:

fitlabs.ru/calc/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Speaking from nearly complete ignorance, I don't think it's possible to burn fat and build muscle at the same time. At least not very much. I think it's best to cut and burn excess fat, and then when you're happy with that start building muscle.

recomp is not efficient, just cut normally satisfied with leaness

You may lose muscle but life is hard

>Taking the bait
Why do you type like such a fucking faggot

:/

Life IS hard. Okay, so just a straight cut.

Anyone know how to keep loss of gains (lol) to a minimum?

Eat a lot of protien, low carb

Eat most calories before and after gym

Feels like there should be more to it than this.

How much of a deficit should I eat at? I took some yohimbine today and plan to do housework now. Will that help? This stuff is weird I think it’s like a real drug lol

Yo this yohimbine stuff is fucking crazy why do we take this :O

Were you badtouched when you were a kid? You write like a little girl.

Idk man I’m just trying to be friendly and nice :(

I've been experimenting for months to find the right diet to gain muscle and lose fat as well. So far, nothing has worked.

What have you tried so far? You’d think the magic combination would be like oldschool barbell guys who ate nothing but meat and eggs. But keep yourself at a deficit. I’m thinking like fish/seafood everyday might be perfect?

please be in the city of London

how about reading the fucking sticky?

Is that a tattoo on the right leg or smug on the mirror?

Sorry no :(

Does it say anything about recomp? I’ve read it before but that was months ago. Guess I’ll check it out again lol

My diet consisted mostly of canned tuna (very high in protein, low in calories), milk, eggs, chicken, and some salads.

The result was that my muscle mass and fat stayed the same.

all that groks is God?

How much of a deficit were you at?

You honestly would think that diet would be perfect :/

What are your stats now? And what’s your plan?

Yeah I’m a literature nerd lol

I've been doing this for a year and it's worked. I look much better now. But I feel very weak compared to other regulars because I am not progressing as fast. I am slowly making gains and even slower fat loss. It's hard to balance without it.

Report mental illness on sight

Sage

So the sticky just says like eat deficit to lose weight, eat surplus to make gains. And offers some dietary advice that I don’t really agree with, like we require carbs. I’m still kinda hoping someone with experience will talk recomp.

I feel like all the regulars here are either just starting out or taking massive amounts of steroids to get huge lol.

Progress is progress though, and you should be proud for all your hard work :)

you do require carbs
just eat slightly below maintenance, do lots of cardio and lift and you're going to lose fat with minimum muscle loss. Not going to be very fast, but it will work.

Mega dose HMB. Apparently it reduces muscle breakdown and promotes protein synthesis. Go for about 8g a day.

Recomp only works if you are a ridiculously high test chad with primo lifting geneticsc who is also a novice at training. Just cut and deal with the loss.

We really don’t need carbohydrates for anything. There are essential fatty acids and amino acids, but no such thing as an essential carbohydrate/monosaccharide. The body synthesizes it’s own glucose obviously.

That’s not to say that carbs are unhealthy, though. They’re not lol :)

And yeah might be best to eat at slight deficit to avoid messing with my metabolism :(

Guess there are no easy answers.

HMB? Tell me more!

I don’t think I like yohimbine. It’s definitely an aphrodisiac, and kind of a hardcore drug otherwise. I could see making a lot of bad decisions while on this stuff. And now I’m feeling super anxious :(

Anyone know how long yohimbine lasts??

Blah okay. You guys are probably right.

Let’s see how many kcal I should be eating...

~does math~

Says 1938 to maintain weight. Would 1700 be good or is that too much/not enough??

You can make bad decisions with me, bby.

I'm going to give you the manual for loosing fat while maintaining muscle mass.

Calculate your TDEE.
Now, take your bodyweight in pounds x 3.12, let's call this figure Kcal_D

Now take TDEE-Kcal_D=Kcal Defecit

This is how many calories you should eat daily.
Now, the essential of loosing fat and NOT muscle, is the macros of this Kcal Defecit.

Take your bodyweight x 1.5 that's the amount of protein in GRAMMS you should eat daily.
You have to eat about 40-60g of fat also.
Rest of calories should be from carbs.

I suggest you use an app like MyFitnessPall to track your calories or macros, or meal prep for 4-5 days. Either way macros are not just important, but essential to loosing fat and not muscle.

Get a pen and paper out and start doing the math, don't let my 10 minute phone typing go to waste.

Adding to this you should ONLY lift heavy while doing a defecit. 1-6 reps is your goal, go as heavy as you can or you will loose your gains and your muscle.

tits or gtfo

Please post your butthole already

You can use this calculator, it's pretty accurate and free.
fitlabs.ru/calc/

I feel very close to just saying to my friend, “hey, want a blowjob??” which could be very very bad for our friendship :/

And now my head is like pounding. This was a very bad idea.

I promise I won’t let your phone typing go to waste!!

But I have a question. How active am I, really? I work a job that requires a lot of walking and my Apple Watch estimates 250-300kcal spent each shift, which I do 4x a week. And on top of that I average roughly 4 hours a week doing lifting, but this is very inefficient time. Meaning like I can spend 5-10 minutes between sets just walking around feeling my butt to see if it’s any bigger yet.

Would this be 3-5 hours of moderate exercise/week?

Wait really? So hypertrophy shouldn’t be a goal when cutting? This means I’ll have to make some serious changes to my routine hmm...

I already posted my Deadpool underwear what more do you want from me :(

Okay. Still not sure how active I am though!

>We really don’t need carbohydrates for anything.
... k

You sound like a faggot kid doing a parody of an annoying girl. Take it from a guy, a blow job will enhance the friendship.

Do you have evidence to the contrary?

I’m a girl (male). Kinda thought everyone knew this already.

And with that in mind, should I select male or female for these calculators? I’ve been on HRT for years and lost a ton of muscle mass while gaining some fat around the hips and chest. I definitely have less fat than the average girl, but I also have less muscle than the average guy.

So I was right, you are a faggot kid doing a parody of a girl.

Hi OP, bit of a different situation to you.

I'm currently 102kg, and maintaining this weight.
Although my lean muscle mass is coming up, and bodyfat percentage is dropping about 1% a week.

After my training for the day which is between 2-3 hours, it leaves my TDEE at about 5200kcal.

To build muscle while losing fat, I fast from dinner to dinner, lots of sports drinks.

While my fast, which I guess destroys the point of fasting, I have 3 scoops of whey, 1 scoop of creatine.

Dinner times are protein intensive, with lots of vegetables, probably pushing 1,500kcal a serving.

Okay let’s just do this.

Estimated TDEE meeting thing halfway between male and female figures:

Kcal_D = 421.2
Kcal Deficit = 1611.8 this is where I should be eating

Protein should be 202.5?? This seems very high. How is even possible to eat that much protein while keeping kcal that low? Guess I can try :)

Thank you!

you don't need that much protein

That’s interesting. A lot of people swear by intermittent fasting. I’ve tried it some myself, only allowing myself to eat after work. I don’t do so well doing this though, as when I get off work I’m super hungry and usually end up heading straight to the store where I buy a ton of food and binge on it lol

It’s incredible that you’re managing this though! How do you lift hard for 2-3 hours every single day?? Isn’t rest between sessions important?

God damn it. If a tranny can look this good then why can’t a regular girl?

>Obsessing about fitness is my favorite :)

stopped reading right there. fuck off to reddit or instagram you fucking bimbo

Thanks for the weird compliment I guess. My body isn’t that great. Need to lose fat like I said, and I’m a “chestlet” which kinda sucks ;(

Okay?

This is going to be a weird question but how the heck is your navel and stomach so feminine? Was it always like that or did the estrogen do it?

How is my navel and stomach feminine, exactly?

My hips in the pic are feminine, and I got those from years of HRT along with losing a ton of weight and then gaining some back. When I regained the fat it distributed itself in more feminine ways. But my stomach? It’s just a normal tummy I think...

Same poster as before. Had to drive home from gym. Yeah, it seems a bit high, you can experiment with the protein intake.
x 1.5 means absolute minimum amount of muscle loss, but the loss of carbs will make you tired
x 1.25 is also good, a bit more energy than before
x 1 is the absolute minimum amount of protein per pound of bodyweight, any lower and you will loose muscle and gains in the process.
Fat is the only constant in your diet, you need to hit the 40-60 do not go above or below.

With this knowledge you should be pretty well prepared.

As for food sources of high protein and low carb and fat.

Chicken breast, yoghurt with high protein low carb and fat, yoghurt topping with nuts, ground lean meat 95 pork, beef chicken.
I have a serious amount of cool recipes I've created over the years. You can HMU if you want some.

You will basically almost need to avoid all comfort foods.

Let me tell you the truth about cheat days too. One cheat day a week will probably not hurt you too bad, but it will hurt a lot more than most people realize.

Example
400 kcal defecit x 6 = 2400 Kcal
If you cheat and go roughly 1000 Kcal above your TDEE on your cheat day, your weekly defecit for that week will be 1400 Kcal, not impressive. Considering you've lived lean for 6 days. Is that Snickers really worth it in the end?

>this is a man

w o w

If you're a girl (male) i can give you some advice.

kik: mm5922

:)

You’re really nice and I like you.

So okay! I have my cutting plan. Now I just need to do it...

Kinda nervous! I tend to eat my feelings lol. There should be like a support group thread for friendly people to help each other through these hard times...

Can she do it???

yea shes a str8 qt. dont know why she even posts here desu, she should be out gettin gigachads daily

Lol gigachads xD

Look how fat I am! I don’t get any of the boyfriends :(

Truth is I’m just a super nerdy girl with zero romantic prospects and lots of books. My best friend is a cat and sometimes she bites me :(

I can fix that, bby.

Hiya, just got back from the gym.

I have a routine that gets me going, wake up, coffee, codeine. Shower and what not. I always blast music, and to get rid of hunger, I drink sugar free sports drinks, strong coffee and what not, and I've completely weened myself off of cravings.

I used to have binging issues, not anymore simply by sticking it out through discipline and willpower.

Regarding the rests and working out.

I do 4 sets of 12 per exercise, 1 minute rest periods between sets, last set of exercise is always drop-set to failure, first set is always a warmup, no matter if I've warmed up before my session.

My muscles take about 15min for a 90% recovery, so I just keep going on like that, as I cycle through muscle groups, muscles I have already used get a rest and recover.

For energy, I'm sitting at 15% bodyfat so my body just burns fat for energy, and I intake enough protein the night before that I don't burn muscle.

Omg that is insane. How did you get to be so dedicated? And are you physically addicted to opiates now?

What do you look like lol

I was preparing for SAS selection, fucked my back. Doing rehab for my back, then will look at re-applying. But yeah, I just kept the discipline I learnt, and I really enjoy lifting weights.

I'm not addicted no.

And I honestly don't look amazing, I'm pretty damn built, lean muscle mass of 86.5kg, but because I used to be quite big, I still have loose fat and skin around my lower belly, and upper thighs, that should start tightening up when I hit 8-10% bodyfat.

Same poster, again. Of course you're going to make it. I think the important part is determining your end goal in terms of body fat percentage, that's worked for me, like I stick strictly to the plan until my BF goal has been reached, then maintain.
And thanks :) You seem nice too.
In the way you describe yourself, I think we're pretty similar. Pretty nerdy too, only have myself and lifting, don't get the gigastaceys.
Well, good luck. Just remember you look good now too, and your lifts are impressive. I have faith in you.

for losing fat and gaining muscles, you want to stay in a 10% calorie defecit to avoid muscle loss. I'd say thats good

What’s SAS selection? It’s so wonderful that you were able to turn your life around so much! People that lose tons of weight and get super fit should be celebrated :)

Congrats lol

Hi again! Thanks for the positivity :)

Idk about bodyfat. The gym has a thing you hold in both hands and it gives you an estimate. I think mine was 16% but that was over a year ago when I was sitting around 120lbs. Now I’m probably like 25% or something.

You’ll find your soulmate someday! I’m less sure about myself lol. Dating is very weird when you’re trans. Guys just seem to want blowjobs when I kinda want to start building a life. Oh well.

How’s your life going otherwise? :)

My lifts aren’t impressive, really. Trying to break 190lbs deadlift and I dropped my squats back down to just the bar for like the 4th time to focus hard on form, as I keep getting stuck around 120. Hip thrusting 240 though! Hip thrusts are so much fun :)

Nerdy nice guys are my favorites. Assuming they even exist in reality lol

Easiest way to go about this is to just focus on one thing at a time. You want to make gains while being lean and not get hungry right? That can be done, but it comes with a price.

I'm a 5'5 140lbs female who does bodybuilding seriously at least 6 times a week and I'm quite muscular, my TDEE is 2700. I am bulking slowly with 3000 calories and I am quite lean. I eat extremely clean, I'm talking chicken, rice and broccoli for my main meals, cheat meal twice a week because my metabolism allows me to have it. Not only do you have to eat strictly, you will also have to do cardio at least 4~5 time a week for 30~45mins depending on you metabolic speed. I personally do 3 times a week for an hour because I don't need it much because of my metabolism.

The more you eat the right calorie, the leaner you get. Because remember, you need food to grow muscle. Muscle gives you fast metabolism, fast metabolism gives you lean body. That's why people with a lot of muscle is able to get lean body easier than normal bodies with no gains. Hope this helped, best of luck pretty lady

Thanks my dude, SAS is Special Air Service, so the elite special forces for my nation.

UK or NZ?

Depending on which country you're in I can give you some advice about how to make it through selection, I was with the regiment for 4 years.

What in the almighty fuck is this cancer attention whoring bullshit and all you fucking virgin white knight faggots are literally eating it up. Eat shit and DIE op, read the fucking sticky.

Wow you must look amazing!

I do need to get more serious about cardio. Today’s been the weirdest day I’ve had in a while, so I’m thinking yohimbine isn’t really an option. Do you use any supplements? Are appetite suppressants worthwhile, do you know?

I can be good at eating clean, but limiting my kcal intake is harder.

Oh very cool! From what you’ve said I bet you have a great chance at it. Good luck!

Cute puppy girl!

Also pic is my dinner rate/10

You again...
You started a thread a few weeks ago, and got plenty of good advice, but you just didn't listen.
You can't have it all at once. Get big and then lean out, or get lean and then bulk up. Same difference in your case.
Although, you'll be behind the 8-ball due to your HRT.
I'd wish you good luck, but you didn't listen then, and you probably won't listen now.
You can't recomp your current body.
Can I have that blowjob now?

Well I’m still curious about recomp, even though everyone is saying no no no.

What’s this about a blowjob? Why do guys always want blowjobs.

Not him, but who doesn’t love good head? If she’s doing all the work, then even better.

Anyway, how do I calculate my body fat percentage? No idea how.

Then do some fucking research and find out for yourself why it's "no no no".
Recomp is kind of a fluke thing that chubby beginners can get away with.
Anyone else could do it VERY slowly, but you want instant results.
So why don't you, you know, do what's worked for thousands of people for decades?
You just want someone to validate that what you're currently doing is going to give you the results you want.
If I did that, would you stop posting shitty threads?

Visual guide will give you a rough idea.
Navy method will give you a better idea.
Calipers will give you the best idea.

NZ of course, have had a few mates serve, and are currently still in.

Yeah blowjobs are fun, but sometimes you just want to spend a day together having fun. And they’re never really too into that it seems :(

:/

You don’t have to be so abrasive about it. I was trying to cut after that last thread with mixed results but then my life was interrupted with some heavy stuff and I started stress eating again. Today I’m getting back into it I guess and I like talking to Veeky Forums fitness friends about my current obsessions

Bleh.

That's awesome, bro. I'm sure you'll make it through selection, I began service in 1NZSAS and transferred to D squadron after a few years.

I've been out for few years now, but your mentality seems good and that's what will get you through to the end.

Good luck

Ewwwwwwwwwwwwww aHhhhhhHhhHHHHhHhHh
Goddam trannies get off my wholesome Christian board

Hey! :(

I’m pretty wholesome :P

Sweet man, I was actually in the candidate pool for E Squadron, until I fucked myself over.

Now that I've got all this extra time, keen to try for A/B/C sqdrn

what's your snapchat

Not the guy you replied too, but never thought I would come across a an SAS dude on fit of all places. Does anyone do the selection fit the fun of it because I'm interested in the physical challenge but not keen on shooting/getting shot by Arabs

>getting shot by Arabs
that's where they send the expendable soldiers
you're going to NK China Russia son

Got any stories you mind sharing?

Cut with a high protein intake. You have a better chance at savin your gains

NZ SAS selection isn't as grueling as other SF pipelines, so I'm not sure whether or not anyone has strictly done it for "fun". Selection is as much, if not more a mental challenge than physical. The physical requirements are fairly stringent and the work you do during selection is taxing, however you will find that your mental fortitude will be the thing that tests you, more.

As a civvy you're taught the skills you need to get through selection prior to beginning, however I didn't have any civilians in my group so I've got no idea how well they'd be able to keep up or compete given it being a drastically different environment or most people.

As far as getting shot by Arabs, unconventional warfare elements are very unlikely to suffer casualties or sustain injury during operations, that's the point of quick infil/exfil, night operations, and thousands of hours of drilling combat maneuvers. While I was standard infantry I was attached to a US paratrooper unit and received more purple hearts in Afghanistan than my time in the SAS.

Not the guy you responded to, but I do have a pretty interesting/funny story, sorry I'm not a good storyteller, though.

>Be me, just finished jump school, shipped off to Helmand province with the US Army Patroopers
>Handed orders. Patrol operation, easy peasy shit
>Inna Humvee, cruisin with the lads, scanning dat dere horizon for goats and goat-fuckers
>Convoy proceeds through shanty town, known VBIED/Ambush area
>Spaghetti beginning to spill everywhere
>This is it boys.jpg
>Hajis on the rooftops, SOPs stated return fire only
>Hajis were either insurgents or armed-militia, every rag head was slinging an AK or moist-nuggets
>Scan the skyline and spot Haji with a DShK mounted on rooftop
>Brownies open fire on lead armor, which was conveniently stacked to the brim with salvaged plate-carriers, ballistic glass, etc.
>Return fire etc.
>Scanning rooftop for the DShK Haji
>See corner of rooftop collapse from sustained fire
>Watch DShK fall from rooftop with Haji trailing behind because his robes got caught somehow
>Haji falls to death

Kek

Goodnight, fit.

I love you guys :)

I sometimes post on cbt. As long as you do your cardio, you should be able to resolve most of your problems. Give it a try for at least 2 weeks, 3~5 times a week for 30~45 mins. The more work you put in it the faster you'll get the result. Appetite suppressants are good for keeping out unnecessary calories, but only bummer to that is you also have to eat the clean foods to get gains. Having no appetite usually results in under eating and that is a huge problem. Remember, as you are building muscle, your body will start to require more calories. Focus on cardio so you wouldn't have to take fat burners but if you are considering to use sups then I recommend albuterol pre or post workout. Avoid caffeine when albuterol in your system because you'll feel it hard and it will make you uncomfortable. But it's literally not necessary if you do your cardio.

Aim to create a body that you no longer have to limit yourself to eating good food to keep your shape! :)

>
Abrasive bro again.
This shit takes time. A month will make a difference, but not if you start eating poorly again in the middle of it.
Run a 500 calorie deficit for 4 weeks, with at least 1g of protein per pound of bodyweight.
Eat clean stuff - don't fill up the few calories you'll get with shit food.
Carbs 2 hrs before workout.
Protein 30 mins before workout.
Carbs right after workout.
No sugar.
Come back in 4 weeks and you will have results to post.

So you do a warmup set, then 4x12, then a drop set to failure? Or are those both included in the 4x12?