QTDDTOT

I'm currently doing a PPLPPLx routine but I'm finding that I'm having difficulty eating enough to gain weight. Would switching to a 3-4 day a week full body routine mean I have to eat significantly less while still getting similar results? According to TDEE calculators it seems that would be the case but idk how accurate those are.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZlRrIsoDpKg
youtube.com/watch?v=PkQb2LJtLgo
youtube.com/watch?v=XISJxsccN1E
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

How often should I be focusing on the same area per week? Is it absurd to do chest 3-4 times a week?

Am I missing out on gains if I do bench and OHP on the same day I alternate them every other time
I can usually add weight or reps to the first exercise but have to drop weight on the other
>pls respond

Should I take creatine on rest days?

No

If you're increasing in both, why change what you're doing

Today I woke up with a bad call from my manager. Was going to cut my hours in half. Tldr afterwards I started smelling vomit in my room. I didn't feel well, but why did I smell vomit? After a while I took some Advil and the smell went away.

will eating 1 ramen a day everyday for 1 month kill me

How the fuck am I supposed to find out how many calories are in the chicken leg+thigh I am going to eat

I am simply seasoning it and baking it in the oven. Why are there a million and one fucking sources on the internet and why are they all different

Do I weigh it cooked, with the bone in? Or do I cut out the bone and weigh it? help

Just got a membership this week. Planning on doing GLSP with maybe a few extra my friend said to do:

A:
>3x5 bench press
>3x5 OHP
>3x5 Squat
>3x8 tricep extension
>3x10 dumbell supinated curl

B:
>3x5 bench press
>3x5 OHP
>1x5 deadlift
>3x10 tricep extension
>3x10 lateral raises

C:
>3x5 bench press
>3x5 OHP
>3x5 Squat
>3x10 tricep extension
>3x10 dumbbell hammer curl

He says adding a few of these accessories is good, but I was wondering if hes right?

Do DOMS from deadlifts feel different than other DOMS? I did deadlift for the first time in a while yesterday and today my back is fucking killing me, but it feels like muscular pain instead of something structural.

Just bent over to grab my phone and felt a sharp pain in my lower back
It doesn't hurt as bad right now but it's tight
Did I just bulge a disk? Hold me bros

PHAT or Mike Isrealeti's RP Male Physique's Template for gains. What do I pick Veeky Forums?

Anybody use Ben Pollack's 10 week power lifting routine?

i usually default to government nutritional data, user inputted shit is so varied and fake its not even worth entertaining. nutrition data off the package trumps all, however

I'm currently running a pplxpplx-pplpplx (it's just what works for my schedule) and also work construction.

According to the average from several tdee calculators I should be eating about 3900-4200 calories a day for bulking, and I am, but I'm not gaining weight. I'm clearly putting on muscle mass (I can see the difference over the last few months and so can the people around me) but I'm stalled at 180-185lbs.

So I guess my question is twofold:
>How am I building muscle without gaining weight?
And
>How do I gain weight from here?
I know I obviously need to eat more but I'm struggling just to hit 4200 everyday, I can't imagine the hell that would be 4500-5000 calories.

Not really Veeky Forums related but how long are you supposed to chat with someone before setting up a date and before the date? I know setting up a date sooner is often better, I'm just used to talking at least a couple of days to the person normally so it feels weird to meet so soon without talking first.

How tall are you? Im at the same weight and running the same PPL. Def noticed some size gain especially on my back but im ive also got no abs and a mad muffin top right now. 5'11.

Just set up a date asap, be upfront.

Actually have a date coming up during the weekend.

Just wondering how much do other people usually chat before dates or setting up a date. Little, nothing, couple of days? I usually chat a day or two, and I'm thinking that it might not be optimal

Every single day. Creatine timkng doesn't make a difference, only consistency

Is Reg Park routine legit? 2x10 for acessories feels too little

It's legit, and it's enough.

set/rep changes suggestion?

EQUIVALENCE
how much pushups does an overhead press with half your bodyweight mean in regards to chest development and broadening?
I got tired of doing 100's of pushups daily, doing 100 overhead presses along the day would be much much quicker and Maybe more effective?

pls answer

>100's of pushups daily, doing 100 overhead presses
>chest development

almost fell for the bait

Weigh cooked, no bone. Basically weigh what you are going to eat.

Had I made a bait you would have fallen.
I said 100's of pushups OR 100 overhead presses.
I am asking for the equivalence.

how X (much) pushups doeth equal 1 overhead press?
Do 20 overhead presses equall 60 pushups regarding the chest muscles¿
>see? pectorals are basically chest,they ARE part of the chest

Super relevant question, are white spots on foreskin always herpes? I don't remember putting my dick in a thot and i clean my dick everyday yet i have spots since i remember.

I'm sorry but the question is really weird. Overhead presses on what weight? Regular pushups with what kind of upper body weight? It's not really a good comparison

A better comparison might be that if bench press is 80kg, how much is OHP. Some would estimate OHP is about half of BP

>what weight
half my own
Pushups would be with my feet on top of a big chair so there's moar leverage.

let's say I weight 70 K for reference.

But there's nothing on package

okay thanks but now I have to figure out where to get information for "cooked chicken thigh". why is it so difficult to find the most basic shit

What is all this "1 serving" bullshit

I wanna kill myself lads

That just doesn't make much sense at all, and that ratio you might wind would probably not be useful to anyone, except for you and for that moment only

If you really want to find a "ratio" go find out what your max in BP/OHP is

When do you move on from GSLP?

Hey brehs thanks for the good advice in the last bread. Just got back from the gym and lifting for the first time. God damn, never realized how sweaty I’d get from lifting. Used to it from running and shit but halfway through my third set I was drenched.

Bench and OHP on the same day, every day is likely gonna fry your chest/arms.

Do one of each per day and add in row/chin-ups to replace the other.

increase deadlift to 3x5

tricep extension every day again what is the point? alternate face-pull/tri-extension every day instead

can I give myself a giant callus by keeping my weights bad on squat position for too long?

is it even possible to develop a bicep callus?

i-is this real????????

its a mikoshi dako.

>Bench and OHP on the same day, every day is likely gonna fry your chest/arms.
nothing wrong with that, especially in the beginning when its just CNS adaption and getting the form down anyway.

I'm 6'2"
I've got a little weight on my sides, but like I said my fat send to be shrinking as my muscles grow. Though I was under the impression you couldn't gain Mass and burn fat at the same time

what is the ratio between leg press and highbar barbell squat? Leg press seems be easier. I am not asking to switch exercises I am only care to somehow compare people.

What's wrong with basketball shorts?

Myfitnesspal

Why the fuck do people do rows using the safety bars in the squat rack? You've got like 60kg on the bar, just fucking lift it off the ground.

Everything

I want a serious answer pls

When does one graduate from a routine? I've plateu'd several times on 3 of the 5 5x5 SL routines after 6 months. Still making progress on bench and OHP though.

Not sure which to do next either.

You don't want to look like a manchild in public

When you're gaining weight but not strength.

You can shift to a more advanced novice program where you alternate front squats (eight sets of three instead of 5x5 is good since front squats suck for high reps) with squats and alternate rack pulls, halting deadlifts, and power cleans with deadlifts.

Might look like
A
Squat
Bench
Rack pull/deadlift
Rows

B
Front squat
Press
Halting deadlift/power clean
Chins

They're slippery and slide around on equipment. This sucks.

They also make you look like a retard.

>When you're gaining weight but not strength.

I've been cutting since I started, as advised by sticky.

Thanks though, I'll try those alternatives. I've just tried switching to T-bar rows as well since my form collapses at the same weight on pendley over and over.

youtube.com/watch?v=ZlRrIsoDpKg

the man himself explaining how to do Pendlay row

You can switch to an intermediate program any time you like, really. They work for noobs. They're just slower. But that's good for cutting. madcow 5x5 is pretty good.

Thanks. Will give a go.

Anyone getting utterly fucked by picture captcha?

Just bought pic related, excited to try it out.
Question about taking it, though. Directions say
>take three capsules daily for men 30-60 minutes before bed.
So I don't take any throughout the day, and take all three at the same time before bed? Or do I space it out in the span of the last hour of the day, taking one every 20 minutes?

>Big work meal tomorrow for Christmas
>Don't know what to wear

HELP lads I'm thinking some desert boots, a nice shirt and jeans? Maybe a jumper?

H-Help pls

All three at once before bed with water. Supposed to help you sleep.

Also, you can get zinc and magnesium supplements a lot cheaper on their own. Like 120 days worth for about the same price as 30 days of ZMA. If you eat meat, you don't need the B6 in ZMA.

Are soccer shorts good? I don't want to buy another pair of shorts if I can use old ones, otherwise I'll put some fucking sweatpants and rip.
Why am I even asking BTW, I'm already using soccer shorts so if they make me look like a retard, most people in the gym should already know then

What is PPL
t. Veeky Forums newfag

Push pull leg

Anything I should keep in mind when doing squats? Recently realised my routine was bonkers stupid and trying to rectify it, problem is I've never done squats before and i'm afraid that i'll be shit and fuck up my back

Why do you care about fashion in the gym? Literally only children care about that shit. There's a guy at my gym that comes in after work in jeans and boots, and no one gives a fuck. Wear whatever is comfortable and don't be a faggot. Literally the only people that buy special workout clothes besides walmart shit are balding and/or manlets.

Dress one or two steps up from your usual business attire. If you wear polos and jeans, wear chinos and a button down or slacks and a sports coat. If in doubt, call your supervisor and ask.

It doesn't really matter. It's just not optimal and people here are assholes.

like a thousand things. You learn them with practice. Get a copy of the book Starting Strength. It'll explain literally everything you need to get started with a decent training program including detailed info on how to fix your squats.

Start with a light weight, and slowly work your way up. Wear a belt if you want. It's easy to fuck up your back, but also pretty easy to learn correct form and not hurt your back.

How can I make myself sleep more hours every night?
I just lay awake every night until like 1am even if I feel tired, have done for as long as I can remember

Yeah I was recommended starting strength actually.
I'll check it out, read up a bit before changing my routine. It might be suboptimal but i'm still getting alright results from what I can tell.
Maybe you need some external stimuli to drown out thoughts? I listen to podcasts a lot when trying to sleep, usually works.
Worst case scenario you could jerk off, that's a tried and true method.

>find out what time you wanna wake up
>count back in 1.5 hour intervals
>fall asleep 6,7.5, or 9 hours before wake up
Ez

Some people have genuine insomnia; maybe get checked out at the doctor. But most people that have trouble sleeping don't have insomnia. I worked for years to be able to go to sleep in minutes, and I can do it 95% of the time. Lay in a comfortable position in bed, for me it's on my back. Start to take deep, relaxing breaths. Having a slow, easy rhythm is key; whatever rhythm you don't have to think too hard about. Now think about your feet, mentally relax them. Concentrate on making them feel relaxed. Then move up to your calves and knees and do the same thing. Keep moving up your body slowly in your mind. Take your time. If you need to go back 1 step, or even to the beginning, do it. Do it as many times as you need. It's not going to be easy the first time, and it's not even going to work the first time, but with practice, you'll get there. There may be better ways, but it works for me, and only takes a few minutes to fall asleep every night. My mind is quickly able to think about relaxing itself over the 1000 things it would rather think about, but you have to remind yourself that now isn't the time for that. Good luck.

Keep your room as cool, dark and quiet as you can.

A sleep mask and ear plugs are great if you don't want to spend the money on blackout curtains and soundproofing. 65F is optimal for sleep.

0.3 mg of melatonin a half hour before you want to be asleep will help reset your internal clock.

It's not just about the results. It's about the understanding of how to train. You can find PDFs of it all over the place if you don't want to spend the money.

Yeah I just meant i want to understand what I'm doing before attempting it so I don't hurt myself

Yea im only OHPing the bar to start since its easy but not too easy so I can get form down

This is AxBxC not ABC

Watch these:
youtube.com/watch?v=PkQb2LJtLgo
youtube.com/watch?v=XISJxsccN1E

>new routine
>shorter time in gym than what I was doing, about 45 mins vs 90 mins prior
>go more frequently though
>because it's so short I find myself not tired or fatigued in any way
>literally not strong enough to go up in weight, and if I do I break form on most stuff currently
>workouts feel wasted, not even tired, barely sweat
Are they wasted? I mean I'm technically going up in weight but I just don't feel the push as I did when I was going twice as long but less frequently.

because of military i live in a place where i cant cook food and the food they serve isnt good or nutritious, how can i diet fairly cheaply and without having to cook? i do have a microwave

Shorts guy here, danke

What are some Veeky Forums approved fruits?

Melatonin

>24yo
>6ft0
>Was 127kg at my heaviest, now 88kg

How much more do I have to lose to stop being a fat fuck? I'm slowly losing weight but it doesnt make me look different anymore, I'm really starting to lose faith that I'm gonna make it.

Increase sets/reps

I need help with my lats, specifically for a pull-up test for the Marine Corps. I feel as though I'm not even activating my shoulders and back whenever I try to do a full pull-up, and it's only my biceps that are trying to do the work. I've tried multiple exercises, from the assisted pull up machine to several types of rows, but i always seem to have the same problem.
Little relevant backstory: I went to a PT session where they were doing a pull-up pyramid. Back then, I could only do a single pull-up, so I just did negatives, for a total of 100 reps. Felt completely fucked up by the end of it (was basically jumping up and falling down like an autistic salmon), and I couldn't even lift my arms up afterwards. Even three weeks later, I haven't been able to do that one pull-up I used to be able to do. Did I delete my lats by pushing myself that hard on negatives?
Can somebody who has overcome this problem give me tips? I've gotta be able to do 8 pull-ups without dismounting by April.

Is Clen equal to turning in your natty card?

And how good is it for cutting?

Not really fit related, but
What does a girl want me to say if she messages me on tinder with a “hey whats up?”, like what is the goal? Does she want me to fuck? What the fuck am i supposed to say? I dont even know you

5'6"

Went from 174 to 156 this year

is it possible to get back to my college weight of 145? Frame has widened a bit since then

Duh

What is considered a short bulk cycle? I don't want to get too heavy or get too much BF.

Can I do chest right after shoulder day? I was told to space them out

Eat more and do more pullups (assisted if you can do them nonassisted) . Be consistent

Just keep running and lifting.

Alright then

how do I shorten the waste of jeans without a belt

my size 32's now fall and need to go down to a size 30/31 depending

Anyone ever got hemorroids or actual butthole pain from lifting heavy?

Lately when I lift heavy, mainly on OHP and Deadlifts (lifts that I contract my glutes and do intense bracing) I get a burning sensation in my asshole, like it's a hemorroid or a popping blood vessel or something after my set and it stays for a couple of hours after my work out. Anyone has ever had this issue and how do I fix it?

Had hemorrhoids popped while taking a shit toilet filled with blood. Can't help you but hemorrhoids can be popped

Buy a belt. They're cheap enough.

Belts always always always grab my stomach hair

just keep going brother

Yes.

Good for fat burning, not so good at appetite suppression.

Suspenders.

Or take your jeans to a tailor and have them taken in. There are videos on youtube if you want to DIY.