Other urls found in this thread:

icemanwimhof.com/wim-hof-exercises
onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1113/JP270570/full
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25760154
twitter.com/AnonBabble

they're pretty cold

start hot, end cold

not worth

I can't remember any health benefits. Increasing T-levels is bullshit I think. I've never read any study confirming health benefits of cold showers. Maybe some user can prove me wrong.

What I know is the psychological effects. Taking cold showers every day needs a lot of willpower. Confronting yourself with this uncomfortable feeling every day makes you face other uncomfortable feelings easier than before.

You want to be redpilled on cold showers?

icemanwimhof.com/wim-hof-exercises

they make you more resistant to the cold which means you can walk around in the cold with a t shirt, you'll show off your gains and show off your weather-resistance gains

Good for cold resistance during winter

It begins with proper breathing
Wim is able to hold his breath with ease for over six minutes while his entire body is submerged under water. Cold water, obviously. It’s possible for everyone. The base lies in proper breathing.
Through a proper breathing and training it, you can train to hold your breath longer and make conscious contact with your heart, autonomic nervous system, and immune system. It also has a positive influence on your blood circulation.

Next step: Confrontation with the cold
After the breathing and meditation exercises, your body and mind will be prepared for the next challenge: the confrontation with cold. Through certain exposures to the cold, you can make your body stronger. You can start now by practicing this at home! For example, take a cold shower after a hot one. This will train the tiny muscles in your veins to become more flexible. As you progress you can even sit, walk, or run through the snow and ice. More importantly, this helps your body prevent future diseases

Cold showers kill gains

onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1113/JP270570/full

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25760154

Training cold without warming up makes you endure less, how mind blowen you made me.

Didn't his retinas freeze doing this?

Yeah, i dug two holes in the ice in a canal in Amsterdam. He submerged himself as usual but then his retinas froze and he got blind. He tried to retrace his "steps" but couldn't find the first hole he drilled. Eventually he managed to focus and think backwards and get up.

>not making cold resistance gains
>not hearing girls say "omg ur so warm can i cuddle with u ? :3 "
>not fucking her in the snow right after
It's like you're not even trying

I really wanna do this but I always shower right in the morning and/or after working out and I just dont have the willpower to go through with it at those specific points in the day. after going hard in the gym I just wanna be comfy and cant bring myself to put the cold water on.

Start with hot water at first and end with cold. Congrats, you're now a man

Better for your skin, but hot water is good for muscle tension.

I always shower luke-cold (just when the water starts to go from lukewarm to cold), then lower the temperature as I go.

You get out of a hot shower, you are warm, content and sleepy. As the air hits you, needling with a thousand little pricks, It begins to feel as if you've been forcefully ejected from some uterian paradise. The world is now a cold and harsh place, and you are so soft and pink. Nothing in your day will ever come close to loving, glowing embrace of the warm shower, except perhaps your bed, you are a baby whose mothers breast has been taken from it's mouth.

You get into a cold shower, you steel yourself to cross that threshold and you meet with fear and trepidation. You question why you are doing this, you question your sanity or at least your intelligence. You gather your courage and you power ahead. A stream of hyperborean water flows, shocks your system and numbs you to the quick, but then, that feeling subsides and as on roller-coaster after the first drop, you now feel exhilarated, alive. You leave the shower having escaped an icy prison, knowing you can take on any challenge you meet that day.

This. All about willpower and discipline.

Holy shit we have a speedreader here. You were able to fully read and understand two studies less than a minute after I posted them. Truly amazing work

>redpill me on cold showers
I was raised hearing storries of my grand grand mother who lived a healthy life till her 90's and never had a warm shower/bath in her life, cold baths/showers all her life.
You know what happened to her? World War 2 happened, that's what.
You want another World War, nigger?
You think World Wars are fun, nigger?

Take hot baths, nigger.
Who knows? Maybe they stopped WW3 between eastern & western block?
Shit ain't lulz, bro.

Cold showers/immersion and cryotherapy WITHIN ONE HOUR OF WORKING OUT kill gains, studies show test subjects gaining as little as 1/3 the muscle mass as control groups. We're still waiting on new studies to test other times relative to working out. In the meantime, the smart move is to avoid cold water on workout days.

this, that way you can shampoo and bodywash and shit without freezing your ass off and enjoy taking showers but you also get the benefits of the cold shower. actually, if you swap from hot to cold over and over throughout the shower it's even better for you - called a contrast shower. not sure but the same principle may apply with ending cold

>redpill me

Please stop using that neckbeard meme. This isn't reddit, and you aren't 16.

ok sry dad

makes sense. Blood flow is decreased in superficial areas of body and kept deep to keep body temperature constant, reduces inflammation but also at the same time reduces amount of nutrients reaching the areas that are damaged (your muscles). Very basic knowledge here, probably a lot more complicated then what im saying