VEGAN GENERAL

You don't need meat for your protein edition

A place for discussing all things vegan ethics, politics & health

Meat consumption is ruining the environment.
- Pollutes rivers
- Forests cleared for livestock
- Causes soil degradation
- Massive inefficiency
- Major contributor to global warming.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Environmental_impact_of_meat_production

Vegan Health

reddit.com/r/veganfitness/wiki/index

reddit.com/r/vegan/wiki/dieteticorgs

Animals ethics crash course - youtube.com/watch?v=y3-BX-jN_Ac

The most common and well known argument is the argument from marginal cases. Loosely speaking, the argument contends that animals as sentient as retards should have the same moral status

formal argument - iep.utm.edu/anim-eth/#SSH1fi

(Meatcucks please read the following before leaving a stupid comment)

Ad Hominem - yourlogicalfallacyis.com/ad-hominem

Strawman - yourlogicalfallacyis.com/strawman

Appeal to nature - yourlogicalfallacyis.com/appeal-to-nature e.g. meat is natural and therefore ethical

Tu Quoque - yourlogicalfallacyis.com/tu-quoque

Morality is relative? - Science, logic, mathematics are all based on axioms that are not proven, what is different about morality and moral axioms? Think this argument through before arguing for it, it is not as simple as you think. (most philosophers are moral realists and believe moral propositions can in fact be true)

Meatcucks please realise the difference between normative ethics (what we ought to do) and descriptive ethics (what beliefs do people have). Normative ethics is what is being discussed with regards to veganism and morality.

e.g.
- people should not eat animals for x reason (relevant normative claim)
- people eat animals for y reason (irrelevant descriptive claim)

Honest Advertising for Omnivores

youtu.be/zF_MlhXAjiE

Discord

discord
.gg/4rURxf

Other urls found in this thread:

ndb.nal.usda.gov/ndb/foods/show/2920
youtube.com/watch?v=Xec-nlmDHMk
veganbiologist.com/2016/01/04/humans-are-not-herbivores/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

honestly this is sad

chicken is perfectly fine

chicken broth in rice makes it GOAT

if you don't eat chicken, you're basically a faggot

Defiantly nothing wrobg with eatinggreens, but eating them for protein is pretty retarted. Enjoy eating pounds of greens to make your protein requirements.

Humans aren't meant to eat meat though.

That's badass. I should name my band "3 Hogs Slaughtered Every Second"

Animal abuse is not funny, meatcuck.

This is the ideal male body, you may not like it but this is what peak performance looks like.

Ahh okay i will go vegan, let me just get this 90 gram of protein from Broccoli.

BRB IM GOING TO THE STORE TO BUY FUCKING 3KG OF BROCCOLI

>100 calories of steak use the same space as 100 calories of cabagge
You can leave now

What would be the problem? Don't you cut the bad part of an apple or banana and then eat it?

So I was suspicious of these for awhile so I decided to look up the data. Here's the graph I made in excel from the data google provides for "X nutrition facts".

So it's really more of a mixed bag than these infographics show.

>What's the problem with eating literal cancer?

Are you this dense? I bet you drink fluid hormone cow rape juices as well.

Humans aren't meant to eat plants though

You will literally die when you don't eat plants though.

i'm like 98% sure this guy is just a troll, but such is the absolute state of veganism (and leftism in general) that i can't be 100% sure.

cancer is just overgrown standard cells.
stupid vegans, when will they learn?

You meatcucks can eat all cancer you want. You'll just die faster. I only hate being forced to pay for your healthcare.

if your not a dumb nigger with a half brian, it makes sense to go vegan. meat is for nigger tier 3rd world countries who are too stupid to cultivate vegetables. go eat a elephant Sambo

hiya faggots! nice troll thread this is some good bait A+ as always keep up the shitposting!

vegans r gay

>butter
>doesn't have to come from animals

>too stupid to cultivate vegetables
>livestock feed is largely cultivated soy and grains

user, I don't think you thought that through very well.

vegan athiest here, why the fuck do I care about animals whilst also believing there's no god nor consequence for my actions in this life??
Because I'm also... GAY

>grams of protein per kcals
>doesn't account for 6x greater animal protein bioavailiability
>doesn't account for extremely low calorie density of the plants

enjoy never being able to take a break from eating

lol, oh yeah...

i was thinking more dirt poor countries where meat is the only way they can survive, but what you said makes sense for the western world.

we are meant to eat cooked food.
Nowadays our pathetic bodies are not really meant to eat anything readily avaliable in nature

PEANUT BUTTER not just butter, brainlet. I bet the US would have an average IQ of 130 if it was illegal to feed children meat.

The USDA calls bullshit ndb.nal.usda.gov/ndb/foods/show/2920

That looks amazing i havent had ribs for a while

I'm starting to think these vegan general threads are not satire anymore. Whoever started this troll has made several fitizens actually become vegan.

Youre the guy that makes them arent you?

I wish. I'm pretty sure I convinced several people to do SS tho

posting a chart in the OP that is a literal lie
>cabbage - 100g/25 cal/1.3g protein
>kale - 100g/49 cal/4.3g protein
>mustard greens - 100g/27 calories/2.9g protein
>pumpkin shoots - 100g/21 cal/2.7g protein
>watercress - 100g/11 cal/2.3g protein
>steak - 100g/270cal/25g protein
so actual numbers
>cabbage not 17.4g but 5.2g
>kale not 15.2g but 8.6g
>mustard greens not 15.1g but 10.7g
>pumpkin shoots not 16.6g but 12.8g
>watercress only correct one at 20.9g
>steak not 5.4g but 9.2g
in order to get the same amount of protein as a 200g steak (50 grams) you would need to eat:
>cabbage 3.8kg or 8.4lbs
>kale 1.1kg or 2.4lbs
>mustard greens 1.7kg or 3.8lbs
>pumpkin shoots 1.8kg or 4lbs
>watercress 2.2kg or 4.8lbs
for a measly 50 grams of protein
>not eating 25lbs of cabbage every day
not gonna make it

wow i bet you voted Trump

Wow the person who keeps making these threads is a lying dipshit? Color me surprised.

OP won't respond to you. He never does. He copy and pastes the same thread every day.

I'm OP. Ask me a question.

Nice refutation. I bet you've sucked at least 4 different dicks today

You're retarded, it says per 100 CALORIES

Why do you post images that are deliberately deceiving?

What do you mean?

He posted calorie counts per 100g's and then actually did the math to show how much protein there is per 100 calories.
Are your parents brother and sister?

Maybe this

I wish vegans and other liberal nutjobs could take things in moderation.

Instead of trying to force a near sect-like devotion to never, ever touching meat again, you should have tried to bring down the worst villians of the food industry and plead for moderation.

But no. You had to push an obnoxious trend of making every little thing "vegan", "green", "fairtrade" and every other thing that makes you look like the attention-seeking loser you are. You had to bring Tofu to thanksgiving, to no other effect than making sure everone who heard your pathetic rant will never go vegan.

Why not enjoy some meat and eggs every now and then?
>"b-but then you are not really vegan"
Exactly, and that's all that matters to you pathetic lot. The good-little-boy TITLE of being vegan.

Your "movement" has done nothing but push back mankinds willingness for a more vegetarian diet by a decade.

I still don't understand you.

That's not cancer that's bottom tier faggot vegan bro science

>20% of ground meat has salmonella
>The average american consumes 1/2 pig and 1/10 cow per year

So all of America has salmonella I guess, good to know.

Posting misleading info and straight up lies isnt really helping your "cause" or whatever it is in your approval-seeking brain that makes you peddle this bullshit. If you are gonna be a pahthetic cuck then atleast try to make a good job at it.

>xDDDDD i posted it again mom! l0l0l0l tr0ll3d

We should kill all tigers, lions and every animal that is a predator. Think about it, these animals take HUNDREDS of lives to sustain their own.

I could spend weeks trying to convince someone to go vegan, and I might save a pig per year if i suceed.

If I just shoot a few crocodiles I would have saved a hundred gazelles and other wildlife per year!

Pick up a rifle user, do the right thing.

>Frugivore
>Shows chimp
They literally cannibalise each other, you retarded fucking nonce.

Are you actually retarded or are you deliberately avoiding addressing the post refuting your opening image?

Sage goes in all fields

Non vegan here, you may want to tone down the false equivalence a little. Give me a (You) when tigers, lions, crocodiles and every animal that is a predator get a sudden cognition boost and organism change that allows them to choose not to eat prey, just like humans are capable to right now.
Now excuse me as I get back to eating beef because I was able to choose.

as a display of aggression, not out of dietary necessity smartypants

It's not saying you need to eat 3kg of broccoli in order to get protein you fucking mong, broccoli is just used as an example of a plant based food that has a better calorie to protein ratio than steak.

>meateaters are literally so retarded they think they can replace their chicken/eggs/tuna diet with broccoli only diet
Whew never gonna make it senpai

Humans aren't meant to use a computer yet you still do it.

samefagging this hard

They regularly consume eggs, small amphibians, birds and small mammals and are opportunistic af, they happily savage monkeys when they're able and chimps are needlessly aggressive by nature just like human beings.

Plans like?
We can get vitamins an minerals from seeds and nuts.

Hah guys look at this hungry skeleton dyel vegan youtuber soyboy I found!

youtube.com/watch?v=Xec-nlmDHMk

Doctor Doolittle here talks to animals, trust him.

What is ground beef?

this is straight up fucking false. yes, you can be a soyboytoy and get enough protein from plants but this graph is just pathetic.

This is a lie

>eating meat means eating poop
About as stupid and childish of an argument as can be made.

If vegans are gonna use this straw man, they better fucking hate fat people too

Can't wait to eat 3kg of grass to satisfy my incomplete plant protein needs

What do you think a fertilizer is?

>being spooked this hard

>24g protein
>120 calories
Absolute bullshit. There are 4 calories in a gram of protein putting this at 96cal from protein alone, and beans are not even close to 80% protein.

For fucks sake, I'm even vegan and I hate when this stupid shit gets posted. I don't care what people eat. Posting shit like this makes us all look bad.

Lol kill yourself faggot

>protein per 100 calories
You know why that's bullshit right?
Firstly, steak is not 5.4 grams of protein per 100 calories, it's 9.13. That's by my own calculations using USDA statistics. A quick Google search says "100 calories of broiled beef, top sirloin steak has exactly 11.08 grams of protein". And cabbage isn't 17.4 grams of protein per 100 calories, it's 5.38.
Secondly, do you know how much 100 calories of cabbage is? 16 leaves. So enjoy eating 206 leaves of cabbage when you could just just eat 1 delicious steak.
*kills cow*

(You)
Nice pseudoscience

>mfw vegans are cucked by basic math
brb eating ten pounds of broccoli

>veganbiologist.com/2016/01/04/humans-are-not-herbivores/

About that picture.
Here is an extensive article by a vegan scientist explaining that a vegan diet is possible with supplementation, but vegans are stupid if they truly believe humans are not supposed to eat meat.

>broccoli is just used as an example of a plant based food that has a better calorie to protein ratio than steak.
But broccoli has less calories. That's a pretty important detail. You have to eat 23 cups of broccoli when you could just eat 1 steak.

I started eating meat a few months ago after a decade of veganism. I'm eating a diet of vegetables and meat, and my health has never been better. I feel better mentally and physically; my depression and anxiety has practially vanished. I look better than ever and am lifting more than I've ever been able to lift. I deeply regret wasting my youth by buying into vegan propaganda.

Vegan argumentative

>Morality is relative? - Science, logic, mathematics are all based on axioms that are not proven, what is different about morality and moral axioms?

The subjectivity of morality, and thus disregarding natural law or moral through the god hypothesis, is something that is yet to be proven by vegans/vegetarians who are still delivering poor utililitarian arguments to claim that there are ethical choices to be made. The claim that all moral concepts are man made is a claim that indirectly attacks the existence of god, which you can neither proof or disprove.

I eat meat because that fits in my world view and concept of humanity. I recently destroyed a former EU debate champion on this issue, because most people tend to overlook the faults and lacking moral framework Vegetarianism provides since Peter Singer's Animal Liberation

Stop lying, meatcuck.

You dont get cancer from ingesting cancerous cells. Cancer is caused by cells growing irregularly, whether its because of carcinogens or random chance. You can live an IMMACULATE vegan lifestyle and still die of cancer, you fucking clod.

If you believe this and other fake news on the internet without checking the claims
, you are a fucking moron

You're delusional. You can call me a "meatcuck" all you want, but I'm better than you in every way because of my diet.

this man
I have no problem with eating a more plant based diet, and I don't care about all of the soyboy meme bullshit, but as someone who's deathly allergic to tree nuts and sensitive to peanuts and some other things, there's no way I could possibly go full vegan.

Brb, going to eat 10 pounds of cabbage for dinner

>one meat example
you guys are so goddamn retarded