Serious thread incoming

Serious question: Why is absolutely everything related to fitness and bodybuilding in Japan is unironically considered super gay and only what homos do?

Why is anyone who is big and strong there automatically labelled as a "homo" and why are Japanese males all so thin, small and weak?

I have no understanding of what their culture is like so this is a legitimate question

Thanks

Other urls found in this thread:

gaijinchronicles.com/2010/08/31/plight-of-the-grass-eater/
bbc.com/news/business-19674306
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_suicide_rate
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Because the A-bombs forever doomed the cucked island to become a nation of soybois

bump

Everyone in Japan truly is a skinnyfat DYEL. I went to a lot of onsens there, didn't see a single ripped naked dude no homo

Soy sauce is popular in Japan

they eat lots of soy

>implying they didn't hit the world back with a stronger A-bomb. That A-bomb being anime

The leather club's two blocks down

what is japan

It’s a common view around parts of Asia. Why I don’t know, but my guess is that bodybuilding is something the Asian gays adopted and now has that connotation. Why do you care?

What, you are just pulling that out of your ass. Anime/manga has absurd amount of shredded guys. Just look at DBZ, pinnacle of manliness.

Asians themselves are just more prone to being thing rather than big and fat like americanos

I'm glad this blog still exists. It won't answer your question about why all the bodybuilders are Hard Gay, but it will offer some insight to what the culture has been like in JP for like 2 decades.

gaijinchronicles.com/2010/08/31/plight-of-the-grass-eater/

>lacking definition of fitness
Bodybuilding isn't considered a sport in Japan. Perhaps since roiding isn't very popular. Neither is Sumo wrestling as popular as it used to be. So I guess becoming big isn't a big thing.

What japs call fitness are usually sports like Karate, Kendo, Judo and other historical traditions. Sure, "Ninja Warrior" could be considered crossfit I guess.

Guess someone living in Japan can explain more.

Asians think feminine features are more beautiful/attractive than masculine ones because of their cultural shyness. The limit for them are DYEL physiques.

>pic related is what asians want for men

This, It's a shame really. And bodybuilding isn't really their thingie too.

Possibly because of yukio mishima

I've heard gyms in general are pretty hard to find and extremely expensive even in Tokyo or Osaka.

Jesus christ they look bad. Is that Osaka btw?

Yes it is.

"...but it’s a special kind of Grass-Eater who offers up his bed and willingly sleeps on the floor – for a woman who doesn’t even exist. "
lol

Mishima was more of a result of what was happening rather than the cause. He talks about Japanese masculinity dying so it was already a process set in motion since the end of WW2.

Because their culture is completely based around the collective instead of the individual so weightlifting is considered self-centred and vain.

Moving to Wako in Saitama in a year and already know i'm gonna have to switch to calisthenics to maintain any kind of muscle

Its a culturally accepted practice in Japan to bath naked around your friends and strangers.

so fuck there standards of whats gay or not.

get some free weights and do them in secret in your dorm.

dont tell anybody how your maintaining the gains.

Jesus Chist

>everything related to fitness
>homo
if you look at China, Korea and Japan ottermode is practically venerated (just look at the male body liposuction) all three of them have fucking weird words for being a low bf otter with feminine faces. Soccer and baseball stars are also venerated.
The stigma comes from the perceived process of getting big, a western normie thinks going to the gym for 2 weeks will turn you into hulk, this isn't the case here. The kids would rather relax after a hard time in school (be that science or sport orientated) - that could be bathing for an hour. The adults would also rather relax, if they even have the chance outside of family and extra curricular work functions, or catch up on sleep.The obvious implication is that anyone who spends so much time cultivating large mass (beyond the widely accepted ottermode - think about that phrase western outlets repeat by rote the nail gets hammered down yadada) is a gay or haves certain traits that are considered part of a gay, or prescribe to a certain subculture of a gay .

This is just simply not true (I'm living in Japan for 6 years now).

Yeah working 12h a day then taking out 2 hours of your precious time to get strong is so gay,fucking nips they are retarded as fuck they just bully people that train so they can cope with their garbage trash bodies fucking skinny fat weak fucks.

Just look at s pic,how can you even try to look cute or whatever with these chink faces,I mean ffs if youdont have the features to pull it off then don't even attempt it just because your society is gay as fuck,thats the irony that their society is gay as fuck but when someone tries to do something manly they call that person gay.

Fuck off Japan,maybe you need another bomb thrown at you so you wake the fuck up fags

>no homo
ayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Gay
As
Fuck

What's this blog about? Is the guy actually a chad? Sounds kind of interesting desu

I think we've put something in their water to emasculate them. Look at the birth rate. The young males can't even be bothered to fug.

Ottermode and slightly bigger bodies are generally considered attractive

Mega mussle isn't the main preference but more acceptable on foreigners. JP natives have it rough on that regard.

bruce lee great man but not really boundry pushing good actor fast on screen but he was smaller than me ie manlet and weighed like 145 lbs. i dont understand why below average height and weight comes off as superior. bigger dude means more punching power reguardless. bodybuilders are so dense that you can see the definition of the muscles. thats how tightly packed and well defined they have to be. tricep definition isnt a sign of softness. that shits chissled in there

this, even muscular anime dudes have ridiculously feminine characteristics

>strongest weapon is a emasculation device that is also kicking them back in the ass

I meet so many travelers from Japan. Fitness is pretty popular there too, it's funny this stereotype is even around.

I live in japan and my tiny gym has one power rack... but there's an active, albeit small bodybuilding community in my little town. There's a couple of really big dudes here but generally the people who go to my gym arent looking to get huge and stick to the machines and cardio while reading manga... it's cozy af

lol orange haired fuckboys.

hokuto no ken?
new grappler baki?

you're right the faces are kinda feminine now that i pay attention to it. damnit

even jojo isn't immune

Because they can't naturally become as big as other people and hyper masculinity is seen as homosexuality rather then some idealized goal as it's been pushed in the ubermench soldier breeding american countries.

That and any form of overt masculinity is seen as bad news in the current slavebitch society of japan so they demonize it in every avenue.

So with all women lusting after faggots and other women because of the bc and heavy indoctrination and troublesome masculinity and fitness being demonized...
they have no actual reason to get swole and fit other then for narcissitic reasons which are mostly ignored, OR for the benefit of people who would appreciate something like that.
Which are mostly gay men.

Kind of like how super huge bodybuilders and powerlifters and strong men(and "women") are mostly just jack off material for wealthy homosexuals.
Once you get away from it being a way to realize personal strength fitness and the body dysmorphia, and having it pushed as something to achieve in every single facet of the military industrial complex backed media and academia...well.

well the one male bodybuilder from japan is dating pic related so

Baki and JoJo are hard gay as fuck bro.
Not so sure about hokuto no ken though

It became so powerful it turned on its own master. A classic tale of hubris and its consequences.

Unless you're willing to spring for Gold's, find a crossfit box or travel a bit out of the way to find a decent gym, options are really limited.

Fuck you

Its not because of this perceived femiminity of japanese society.

Its the exact opposite. Japan is one of tbe most patriachal societies in the first world. Most people have a very traditional idea of masculinity.

Bodybuilding is seen as a little gay because it is. Spending all that time and money to get big muscles to look pretty is inherently feminine. NOt to mention competitions where you literally pose in a g string for other men

You know whats really masculine? Not giving a fuck about how you look. Working hard to be successful and providing for your family. Who's self worth isnt defined by how much of a chad he is.

Thats why Hiro is working 14hrs a day as a salaryman to look after his wife and elderly mother. While you covet asome cartoonish superficial idea of masculinity and try to convince yourself how much of a man you are

Part 1-3 JoJo was manly. After that it became way too feminine.
>"It was still gay af"
Yeah but it was manly gay not get fucked in the ass gay.

Also part 2-3 Joseph best JoJo alongside Johnny.

>Hiro works 14 hours a day for wife and family
>Wife controls all the spending
>Man get some pocket change to hangout with friends
>This is a societal thing
>Patriarchal

The actualization of pic related.

bbc.com/news/business-19674306

fuck you mean baki is gay?

>slaving away in a stressful work culture that eats away at your health and contributes to the highest suicide rates in the world is masculine
>refining and developing the machine that is your body and being able to perform incredible feats of strength and endurance is feminine

looks like we found a soyboy goys

Very different culture. Incredibly different.
A few things to consider:

Salarymen are such wageslaves they don't have free time to hit the gym.

Having a strict diet would impede you from joining your coworkers for drinks.

If you're a salaryman, the company is your family, they give you status directly. If you go to your boss and tell him "I need a wife and my landlord is a shit" he will fix your problems for you, which is nice, if the price wasn't giving your soul to the company. This being the case the average salaryman has absolutely no need to get status via their physique.

Nip girls want pretty boys, not muscular men.

Being an enterpreneur in Japan is heavily frowned upon, most people will think you're actually a criminal with no job. Anything outside the norm is frowned upon.

Being physically threatening upsets the social hierarchy of Japan, as it defies the things they value (positions, seniority, compliance, etc)

Their muscle isn't dense, they have low body fat and are dry, as in low water mass. That definition is achieved via carb loading for increased size and diuretics. Has nothing to do with density.

Gee, I wonder.

Battle Tendency was full of memes and aesthetics, but Stardust Crusaders was also amazing. Never really watched the stuff afterwards. It even looks like shit and the Stands all seem gay as fuck

>highest suicide rates
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_suicide_rate
>endurance
>slaving away in a stressful work culture that eats away at your health
1. the ability to endure an unpleasant or difficult process or situation without giving way.
"she was close to the limit of her endurance"
2. the capacity of something to last or to withstand wear and tear.

>I have no understanding of what their culture is

Then why do you assume it's gay?

>sitting at your desk all day is an incredible feat of endurance
soy pls go

Its masculine TO THEM. Thats my point. Whether we agree its ideal is not the point. No one is saying being strong and healthy is bad mate. Just that different cultures value different things. If you think being giga chad is masculine then cool. But not just asian culture thinks bodybuilding is somewhat feminine. Most normies do. Its why you dont go around bragging about being a bodybuilder.

>slaving away in a stressful work culture that eats away at your health
not my words user

you can derive my words however you want if it makes you feel better about yourself

tbf bodybuilding is pretty gay

Plot wise it's good but I like the campiness and 80's aesthetics the most from JoJo. I mean only just recently the US media and I'm assuming Western Civilization has gotten back to beefy heroes that we knew and loved in the 80's and early 90's. Just look at how skinny wolverine was in the first X-Men and how he was in origins. Brandon routh has nothing on Henry Cavill. Same with Christian bale and batfleck. I think we're starting to get back to huge guys as our heroes. Japan is slowly catching up. All might is a good example of this.

Fist of the north star is manly, shut your fuck. Most people who talk about it didn't even read the manga. Baki and jojo are kinda gay, but are still fun to read

>onsens
I wanna go, Not to be a creep, but do grills go? I've heard it's mostly guys

Gyms are everywhere, but each one is about the size of a Starbucks. Large gyms with ample equipment are less common and more expensive
Any reputable one segregates by gender.
Besides, 90% of the people in any onsen are old or out of shape

>No one is saying being strong and healthy is bad mate
They actually say that.
Neglecting everything except your duties as being a good submissive slave at work and house bitch is considered manly.
Being self realized, taking care of yourself, doing manly pursuits.
All considered homosexual, selfish, evil, assholish, etc etc.
Even looking like you take care of yourself is DEMONIZED.

Of course bodybuilding is only pursued by homosexuals there. They're the only one's who seek masculine self improvement and have a circle of homosexuals to hang with.
It's pushed as such by media as well.

I know in america and the west that bodybuilding is seen as a gateway to faggotry or a sure sign of homosex. But away from the bodybuilder mags, the aesthetics guys, the deeply closeted powerlifters/strongmen who're after underage boy ass and wanting to teach them about manhood and what not...
You'll get young boys and men who simply want to feel and look good for themselves women and become fitter and more alert and whole men.
That's how it is.
Plus most countries where this is popular have a very high emphasis on sexual dimorphism and push to the very limits of that to attract the other.

The Japanese, despite having obscenely hot bitches, are really conservative. They don't have the kind of openly hypersexual society that will allow for that.

The ones I went to were gender divided. But there were a lot of old ladies mostly.
To this I'm not really sure what you mean. I've previously lived there and chicks were low key mirin' even though I'm not that big compared to the average gym-goer.

And yes it has brought me pussy, still overrated tho.

Well they are slim built people.
Like a 6ft model there is 160lb tops

Yeah, but they tend to fucking explode on gear.
Like get crazy good gains.
That shit isn't fair dude.

You know what. You do have a point. Im not so sure working out is as demonized as you say though

What we consider working out is
High rep calisthenics stretching and lots of running is considered a strength building workout.

It works, but it's not used often. They tend to ignore their genetic talent when it comes to quick strength and mass gains and favor workouts that make them more dense light and endurant.

I sort of understand the sociological reasons for it but I don't agree with it.

Because they came to Veeky Forums and saw all the trap and no homo threads

Because they're all 5ft flat.

I think essentially being muscular is not valued at all. Therefore any given person Is likely to either doesn't care you are or they have a negative impression.

I know.
That was my point.
Muscularity is valued but not the amount and not in the way it's valued in other places.

Like the other anons said, "ottermode" is seen as peak.
If you're muscular and cut you're seen as a freak or gay.
If you're a muscular athlete who's carrying a bit of fat then you're not seen as badly from what I understand.

Am I correct?

chads in china are also manbag wearing dyel's
It's status to show you've never had to do manual labor of any kind

Agreed. My point was simply that they have a different idea on masculinity. And that seeing bodybuilding as Somewhat gay is not without merit. And asking this thread whether being a hardcore 'wagecuck' is really that weak compared to idolizing pretty men because they're pretty. Which this lifestyle seems to be trending

Honestly anime motivated me to get Veeky Forums. A lot of it is very masculine actually.

Me on the right

Because Japanese culture has a lot of ties to practicality and efficiency.
Getting big serves little purpose, and whether its through fat or muscle will put strain on your heart and other organs, so the only people left to "appreciate" your unnatural gains will be others who are capable of attaining said gains, which typically is other men.
The idea of super macho/alpha strongman does not do very well like it would in the states, and it's really easy to go over the limit over there.
Staying somewhere around or slightly above ottermode is ideal.

that's complete bullshit. You can't get big just from manual labor. The hardest working people in china are skelliemode farmers because all their food gets taken by the gubberment.

Asians really are irl elves, huh?

Iris Kyle has really interesting personality tho

How do you think he chatted her up?

I was in Tokyo last year and noticed a lot more nips past DYEL compared to when I was there in 2013

>Serious question

How is that even remotely serious?
Do you really care what yellow midgets thinks of healthy bodies?

have you not noticed that every japanese woman on holidays is a massive ho and heard how japanese guys stay at home jacking off to hentai?

I'm pretty sure as a fit foreigner you could have a lot of sex in japan

A bunch of feminine guys who consume tons of soy are calling being buff homo. Jeez, Japan is weird. It's the only place where that happens. Sarcasm.
The reason is the same as in the civilized world. Sour grapes and protecting their ego behind arrogance. Just laugh and fuck their crushes like you would in america.

If I had to guess: lifting is western thing. Japanese man and culture are a bit non-masculine(if not, feminized) by western standards. They care a lot about health culturally so most people are already thin, which in term lowers the need to be muscular, they are big on cosmetics but natural beauty is still very big. Japan does not cultivate a individualistic culture. The sum of all of this create this ridicule for fitness and everything around it, but not as much as we'd think.

>make great gains in America
>go to Japan
>score a qt Japanese boy or girl (boy)
>take them back to the States and spend the rest of your life with your qt Asian gains goblin
This is why I fight.

This

Jap gooks are the most beta dudes on the planet. They are are shut in virgins cucked by their bosses, of course they're going to be mad at western masculinity when whitey fucks their women

are they rl elves?

Because they're fucking retarded

When I went to an onsen an old guy kept checking me out and mirin' whenever I walked around. Eventually started giving him a show and 'dropped' the towel covering my dick, and eventually stopped covering myself with the towel, he really wanted to fuck and started talking to me but I had to leave.