twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Squat lower, you're not breaking parallel with your hips

ur so much of a manlet even ur webm is small

ps go lower ya fukin dweeb

They don't permit us uploads above vga quality from down here in the pit

lower
don't shoot back up like that
and don't walk out backwards for fucks sake

What do you mean about shooting back up? Slower out the hole, or reduce how mich I accelerate near the top?

Go lower, and also why do you walk off and then backwards? I always consider it safer to unrack it backwards and then rack it going forward, in the end you are exhausted, less chance to fuck up the racking part

It's because I like to look at a point on the floor about 15ft away, I find keeping the gaze locked this way helps me keep stable.
Mirrors especially throw my balance.

> reduce how mich I accelerate near the top?
that

Lower faggot

Ten four

you squat facing the wrong direction. trust me, reracking forward is much easier than backward

zero bracing
zero tightness
diving to front
not even hitting depth

i guess concept of rooting feet into floor is also not known to you

2/10 apply urself

What do you mean about bracing, I'd like to know more.

How do you plant yourself better?

At the top take a deep breath and “brace” (squeeze) your abs for the entire movement then repeat at the top. This will help keep everything tight and stable.

I see.

How do I reduce the "wobble" in my legs? There seems to be a lot of unnecessary movement.

how much weight is that? And you aren't breaking parallel or bracing properly

Not deep enough. This is how deep you want to go

It's 305, last set of 5 that day. The camera's a bit lower than knee level, in reality this was approximately parallel. But I see the concensus here is that more depth would be better.

go to youtube

search "how to squat chris duffin" this should clear a lot of questions and spark even more

Rate my deadlift form, did I do good ? Broke my PR :)

Try pushing your knees out. If your knees are caving inwards then it’s too much weight. Practice proper form with lighter weight maybe and work your way up again.

it really wasn't your form is a shit and you really should lower the weight until you can perform a proper rom squat

>using rack backwards
>knees shaking like a motherfucker
>not hitting parallel
>turns into a good morning on the way back up
Terrible

Definitely face the cage when you start your squat

Thanks, watching.

Half squats, every single rep from now on should be hips below knees

No caving at the moment. But they feel kind of unsteady, how do I make them really follow a groove?

How'd he pick that back up

Why would greater depth be better?

How long have you been doing squats?

I did them for about a year and a half , then didn't lift for many years. Now I've been training just over 3 months.

Autism

He squatted facing Mecca

Gooood fucking morning

go lower and fix your feet positioning, they're supposed to be straight not spread out

Why do people who haven't lifted that long try to give advice? Literally everyone else has pointed out the depth issues and the feet positioning advice is wrong.

Aren't the feet supposed to face out at around 30 degrees?

Bump

You're going to fucking kill yourself retard. Why does it look like you're racing against a clock trying to finish your set, and why are you walking backwards to rack. You will snap your shit up.

Should I be doing them slower?

Someone else mentioned it earlier but it's obvious you're not properly bracing at the top of your rep. Brace your core, go down, go up, rebrace, repeat.

Thanks. I watched that Chris Duffin video and will practice with his cues.

What the fuck bro

You're going to sprain your back by rounding it and bending it back so much. Your muscles don't know how much weight they're lifting, only torque. Focus on form and tension, then you'll grow. Not meme lifts like powerlifters do.

That graph is way off, an expert on a subject will not tend to be more opinionated than an ignorant person.

Besides the dunning kruger effect is not about ignorant people speaking their minds too often, it's about subpar people overestimating their abilities and mid tier people underestimating theirs.

Anyway, yes, ATG is highly dependable on skeletal build, some people can do it and others can't, flexibility helps a bit but not enough to make a huge difference

jesus christ. even if you're this easily baited, just look at the filename.

OP here.

Many of you are saying I need to go lower. What is the benefit of doing so?

>OP here.
>
>Many of you are saying I need to go lower. What is the benefit of doing so?

stronglifts.com/squat/

If you are ever surrounded by chavs you can disguise yourself

Kek

It activates different muscles, depending on your goals it is relevant, but how low you can go depends on how long your bones are, the ammount of flexibility, how much tendon tissue you have, injuries, scar tissue, muscle insertions, etc.

If you want better ass or hamstrings then you are better off with hip thrusts and lying leg curls.

I always love this one lol, starts off looking so good, has the belt and everything.

I'd say it is a bigger priority to be able to rerack safely than to have a reference to look at

Every lift utilizes an opposing muscle to complete the muscle contraction. When you go down, your quads are most active. When going up, it's your hamstrings. By not going to parallel, your hamstrings do not fully engage; your quads relax and your hamstrings contract as you get closer to parallel. The result is your quads pulling whilst your hamstrings do not properly counter, therefore your quads physically grind your kneecaps without because that's the only thing available to disperse the tension due to little hamstring engagement.

TLDR;

-You grind the fuck out of your knees
-You don't work out your hamstrings fully

Lower the weight and improve your mobility. You should also read starting strength even if you wont follow the program, at least the squat chapter

First one is good. Notice your starting position... it's good. However you stand up too straight at the end of the first squat so when you start the second squat you are stood up entirely straight, then you lean forward as you squat rather than going down. Focus and finishing in your start position... When I over finish knowing i've finished the squat and unbrace my core thinking it's over with... That's when the spinal compression kicks in. Keep your brace until it's reracked on the final squat. Sure the depth of the bar probably looks the same in a mirror at the distance but your position under the bar (even if the bar is at the same depth) is different meaning you wont get that bit of burn in your hamstrings at the bottom .

The next squats you do the similar thing but you do the last one right.

I would suggest you warm up as I do... ass to grass with the empty bar x5-10, then add 1 plate ass to grass x5 then 2 plate (if you're over 2 plates) grass x5. Focus on balancing the bar above your midfoot ie more towards your heel and sitting on your heels. I will pause at the bottom with 100kg if I have to. I am currently 3x5 @ 137.5kg.

Thanks.

you're retarded. just stop lifting pls

if you're clueless enough to post for form critique on an image board filled with chubby dyels, then you're obviously better off watching some videos and improving day by day.

needless to say, these aren't deep enough to be squats anyways.

holy shit you're retarded and don't know how to squat past parallel

kys

>low bar
cringed

you stupid fucking retard this webm has been out for ages

he's probably been around for years, Veeky Forums used to be filled with most people that actually lift, form check videos were a thing, CBT's were the norm and trips were actually useful and knowledgeable. Then everybody that lift took off to misc or fitocracy and moved on with their lives. Feels threads were not a thing before, even FPH threads and Veeky Forums humor threads are filled with the same jokes from years ago because there is no more OC

Nah I'm pretty new, but I did get some good advice in this thread, just gotta pick it out amidst the retarded screeching

Is it summer already?

This so much. I grinded the fuck out of me knees for years doing half and quarter squats and once I tried to do parallel it was actually worse on my knees. That being said OP's not squatting that high, or maybe I say that because I've done and seen worse. Fuck people that tell you parallel, it's just as bad because turning around at that point will not engage your muscles. Once I started ATG and got the form right after a couple months I saw massive improvement in a short period of time. gives a good picture of it, I aim for around the 135 degree range. Sometimes I don't get there (it happens) but it's better to aim for that and fail by a few degrees than intentionally aim higher and also fail by a few degrees. You'll know you went low enough when your calves touch your hamstrings. It's the most objective depth you can get, compared to parallel which you need a mirror or video to verify and it's always going to inconsistent. It's like locking out your arms for bench and touching your chest, the most motion you can possibly get with your body, no ifs ands or buts.

Don't you get buttwink when you go that low? I avoid it because I lose tightness at the bottom and can feel the pressure on my lower lumbar.

chest up
scrawnytobrawny.com/you-are-standing-wrong
knees out
m.youtube.com/watch?v=PkQb2LJtLgo

The fuck do you mean, like feeling like I'm going to shit myself?
Occasionally yes, I just make sure I go before, or sometimes run to the bathroom between sets. Lately I feel that the main reason I have to wait between sets isn't my muscles, but heartburn, and holding in fart to make sure it doesn't loudly rip in the set.

Look up buttwink.