Does working out really separate you from other men as far as dating prospects go?

Does working out really separate you from other men as far as dating prospects go?

I've seen it quoted here many times that lifting weights puts you head of 80 percent of guys? Is this a real statistic?

The reason I ask is because I have been lifting for 4 months now, and it seems like now that I lift; everyone does. Is this just a case of realizing I had more acquaintances that lifted than I knew of? Or is almost every guy lifting now?

Also does it really even help? I mean what if you're a manlet, facelet, brainlet, or dicklet?

Iktf bro. Seeing some gains but can't help but notice my gym is full of guys way ahead of me. Out in the real world I'd say it's still a real advantage to be in the gym regularly

>Does working out really separate you from other men as far as dating prospects go?
an easy way to think of it is anything that makes you look more reliable and dedicated puts you ahead of other guys

having a fit physique you spent at least a year gaining is very attractive to anyone

>I've seen it quoted here many times that lifting weights puts you head of 80 percent of guys? Is this a real statistic?
if psychical attraction was the only factor in finding a girl, sure... if you're a shitty depressed person don't expect it to go father than that

>Also does it really even help? I mean what if you're a manlet, facelet, brainlet, or dicklet?
anything that gives you confidence as a person and helps you downplay your other shortcomings is worth it, of course

Lifting is extremely common these days, I mean what the fuck else are we all going to be doing with all our free time since marriage became a meme

Anecdote, my girlfriend said she was into my initially because my chest was hot

Video games, social media, binge watching tv, and eating until your fat is what most people do.

See I used to think this...but not so much anymore.

After I started lifting, I noticed how much further ahead everyone was than me in relation to getting fit. And so many guys lift.

Then taking in the consideration to being short, I feel like there is no reason to lift. I'll just be an overcompensating short guy.

Not that many people lift. Of course in the gym you will see the few people who do. Thats where they all gather.

We have an obesity epidemic for a reason.

No, most of it has to do with facial aesthetics and a bit of height.

Femanon here, I can't speak for all women, but I think it can bring you from a 5 to a 6 or maybe a 7. Everyone is different though, I was smitten with my bf when he was a twink, but he's 6'2 and has a face that I consider very attractive.

I'd say it does depend heavily on what you had going for you even before you started lifting, but it sure as hell helps.

This is true honestly

Dont lift for girls, lift to make amazing gains.
>imblying women and friends arent the greatest gains goblins

To add: ottermode is as "far" as you need to go to be as attractive to women as you are going to get unless you want to snag a really muscly chick. This is anecdotal though, learned from discussions with other women, haven't conducted a survey

i seriously hope you're larping otherwise you know the drill

To be this self-conscious that even the idea of improving yourself gives you anxiety about 'overcompensating'. Stfu. You've literally turned into the beta manlet Veeky Forums wanted you to become.

All of this is accurate

Well I was ottermode before...almost. around 13 percent body fat. i ran all the time. i only started lifting because I felt insecure about my chest and because being low body fat didn't seem to help.

You still have something between half to 2/3 of adults being overweight.
Depending on where you life and your age you can stand out pretty easily if you lift.

Working out is just a big plus. The requirements of being an "ideal mate" are crazy, but you don't have to be big or strong. If you are generally fit (meaning you're one of the dyels who go to the gym 2-3 times/week, and eat relatively healthy) that's enough.
>height (depending on where you live, but generally 6'0)
>face (if you're muscular, 10/7 is enough)
>frame (wide swimmer frame)
>personality (funny and manly)
>dick (but 6 inches is already enough)

Why is her post attention grabbing...? Seems like she is providing a relevant perspective that would have less impact/not make a lot of sense if she didn't mention she was a girl.

Because I'm a man and I already know what whores think without needing to ask. And so should any man above 70 IQ. She should fuck off back to her normie circle friends. And so should you. And so should the thirsty OP orbiters that keep making 5 of these threads every hour.

Well hopefully you found a new hobby that you really enjoy and are feeling better about yourself now. It is a big plus to be someone who is conscientious about their health, you don't need to look like he-man

Since you're so insecure I'd be willing to bet that you're a lot better looking than you think you are dude

Thanks, I do enjoy lifting. I enjoy pushing myself and making gains. I like feeling better about myself. But I just get the feeling a lot more guys are doing it than people think. And it's hard to create separation when you have a major disadvantage like me.

Well obviously OP didn't know what females think, you bitter faggot.

What is your major disadvantage?

Yes, it helps a lot. How ever dating successfully usually requires other traits.

Well he should have. If I figured it out at 16 while being an average student there's no excuse for all these 20 something 30 something manchildren still trying to make a mystery out of nothing. At the very least go back to /r9k/.

5'6"

This guy is right but then you realize you're disgusted by all the whales be they male or female and you also realize that while you may have moved up yourself anywhere from 1-3pts on the 1-10 scale, you also have to compete with all the fit people because I hope you aren't aiming for the dumpster

My main disadvantage is butter face, recently turned 18, so it's perfectly natural. Just feel a bit insecure about it.

Go for cute short girls. My boyfriend's friend is 5 ft 6, he lifts (granted he's really muscular and aesthetic) and his girlfriends are consistently 8/10s, always like 4'11-5'2.

The whole height being a death sentence in the dating scene is really just a Veeky Forums meme... except for when talking about online dating. But meeting girls irl it isn't usually as big of a barrier as you'd think

>so it's perfectly natural

No it's not. This is as good as it's gonna get.

Well, I'm not particularly fit, so I can improve.

>The whole height being a death sentence in the dating scene is really just a Veeky Forums meme

I dont know, unless you lived it; it's hard to understand.

I'll concede to that. I'm just offering anecdotal evidence of a short guy I know who's done great for himself. You'll find your qt, friend.

Thanks

I was talking about your face. You can lift all you want for health and longevity but it won't make you more attractive.

5'10 here I feel so short. Everyone my age seems like 6'2

Pretty much every dude goes to the gym now. Most of them do bullshit and see no progress. Its not going to the gym and lifting that will help you, its the muscles that come along as a result of that.

You have to lift weights "properly" for a while to get enough muscle mass to actually stand out. Lifting as a hobby is more than enough for that.

Even then, although it can definitely help you out, a lot of Veeky Forums get there and don't understand why they aren't pulling bitches left and right. The answer is that while lifting helps, you need to have other qualities.

So don't worry, it'll help a lot, but it won't do the work for you.

>manlet, facelet, brainlet, or dicklet
All me :')

and how are you doing

>it seems like now that I lift; everyone does

Do they really lift though? Most of them just do bullshit bro-splits or curlbro meme-routines and make shit progress. Remember that lifting is mostly diet.

Highschool dropout, no job, no car, no license, live with parents, so I'm doing pretty shitty.

The average American male is 5’10 195 pounds fat with a 5.5 inch dick.

What do you think?

As dyel with a 7.5 inch cock I still have girls checking me out even if I’m a scrawny twerp. In high school when I played football and lacrosse I was pretty Veeky Forums.

It’s the quality of girls you get when your fit not the quantity.

On the flipside girls in America are fat too

Even in the gym, a lot of people just use machines or do meme-tier workouts. I hardly ever see anyone on the free weights when I'm there. If you're working out with free weights, you're ahead of probably more than 80% of people.

Maybe...I hope...i've only been doing it 4 months and i've noticed changes. but i guess i'm just super insecure cause my height.

Dude I live in an asian country and go to anytime fitness. Even HERE the weights sections is always full. We have 2 power cages + deadlift mats and 4 squat racks.

I go to an Anytime Fitness as well, and mine has the same amount of equipment. Still never see anyone on it, and I go during pretty busy hours.

fucking this. there is so much other people do than workout. I'd really like to see the actual percentage of people who are trying to progress somewhere zyzz like.