Who here rests? I took a rest day today and I hate myself and feel like shit

Who here rests? I took a rest day today and I hate myself and feel like shit.

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8563679
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

every time I take a rest day I feel like it was wasted

on top of that I'm finding it hard to not want to do full body workouts every day

I never feel like I'm working out enough.

Natty troubles

who is this and why isn't he my boyfriend

He is. Look behind you.

I only hit the gym twice a week.
Gotta max that rest.

Just rested today. Was nice to relax and have extra time, but i also have this feeling that all the food i ate isn’t going to my muscles and i’m just gonna gain fat.

Also sucks cause i’m trying to take more rest days in order to have to eat less calories but the more i rest the more i feel like im not making gains

ITT: pussies who don't train hard and without enough volume.

You are pissing away gains with shitty low volume programs.

>muh 3x5 compound exercise

I think double rest day are important. I do them once maybe every two or three weeks. This is the point where a ton of minor injuries are stacking up and I feel a very unique kind of tiredness. In the past I’ve always been injured during this time. So not I just eat a ton of food in these two days and chill out. Works great

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8563679

You build muscle for 36 hours post workout if you're natty. It can be assumed that working the same muscle group twice within that period would only result in pressing a muscle that is already amidst the process of growing, therefore possibly counter-intuitive as it could result in an improperly rested muscle that did not fully grow. Eventually that would result in muscle fatigue and actually hold back growth. There is literally no scientific benefit to working out every day unless you're doing a split which is suboptimal considering you could be doing full body 3-4 times a week thus growing each muscle that many times vs just once a week. Not resting is cucking your gains.

I like taking gym rest days to go for a hike, surfing, swimming or biking
It's still sports/cardio, enough to break a nice sweat, and you get to enjoy your gains in another way. Not the image, but the exhilarating feel of having a young able body, moving fast and far. I find it both relaxing and empowering, feels like I'm taking every bite possible out of life.

Yea nah heaps hectic ay still gonna brosplit at home and restings for soft cunts cheers

3x5? gross. 1x1 everyday. Bulgarian style.

This sentence is unreadable.

rest days are for PUSSIES

Ok if you can't do 3x5 compound lifts, what rep scheme do you do?

i thought everyone did rest days??? it's supposed to be important, right?

i can barely manage 3 days a week. sometimes i don't manage 3 days a week!

Get out.

Lmao at not fasting during rest days

>tfw my volume day consists of 15 sets of DL and 15 sets of bench and I really dont feel like going to the gym the next day

Is getting this huge the the only way to overcome big hips? His are still noticable but it doesnt look weird thanks to all the MASS

You sound like a cuck

You sound like a well minded individual who wholeheartedly enjoys life.

That’s Elia Beach, Mykonos. Europe’s biggest gay festival takes place there.

t.guy that works at the hotels in the background

You HAVE to go back.

so rest days are a meme? I have a huge motivation problem. if i dont binge lift i will immediatly start losing motivation and stop lifting

yeah i feel like i could just do PPLPPLPPLPPL for eternity

>thinks swinging a 1kg dumbbell 100 times is useful in any way

mirin

is he natty?

Yeah I have been resting for a little over 6 months now.

Cardio. Bodyweight Exercises.

That means you don't work enough on non rest days breh

Increase volume

Lmao, nice reply nerd

Not to an Aussie you dumb cunt

As an Aussie I still refuse to read something written like that.

4x9 for mass

you sound like a fob refugee

Nah, born and raised. Just grew up in the Blue Mountains, so I'm a slightly better person that the racist cancer that QLD propagates to bring down our average value.

Lol faggot. Sydney is spreading your way fast. Hope you like your neighbours yellow or smelling like curry
>t. Hawkesbury

of course your rest days feel wasted when your workout is half assed. rest days must be earned

I just go 4x4 since it fits my work schedule. Can't lift on work days because 12 hour shift so I just lift those 4 days straight.

wait you're not supposed to rest

I take one rest day a week am I fucking up

I do upper or lower body on mon/wed/sat/sun because thurs/fri I work in Chicago and don't have anywhere to lift, so on every off day I do core, outside of Thursday because I'd have to get up at 4 and I don't get back to my place until 10pm

Its bretty good at snapping your shoulders up

>He doesn't rest 3 days a week.
Never gonna make gains

nah.