/FAST/ ATTACK OF THE FLIPPANT NAMEFAGS EDITION

/FAST/ FASTING GENERAL

What is /fast/?
Fast is a thread for the discussion of intermittent fasting, fasting, water fasting, and fat fasting
While fasting alone is fantastic for your health, Consider doing a ketogenic in addition to become god mode

>WHY CICO IS BULLSHIT
youtube.com/watch?v=APZCfmgzoS0

>HGH , Test, and muscle growth?
youtube.com/watch?v=snyA5UgrZis
dietdoctor.com/fasting-muscle-mass

WHY YOU SHOULD BE DOING KETO:
youtube.com/watch?v=Dan8qtgQRi8
youtube.com/watch?v=NqwvcrA7oe8

>how can I get a quick rundown? Where can I start?
dietdoctor.com/intermittent-fasting
dietdoctor.com/longer-fasting-regimens
youtube.com/watch?v=9idhb2aAfns

>any more info?
idmprogram.com/fed-fasted-state/
medium.com/the-mission/the-sweet-spot-for-intermittent-fasting-9aae12a2158c
youtube.com/watch?v=PKfR6bAXr-c
news.usc.edu/63669/fasting-triggers-stem-cell-regeneration-of-damaged-old-immune-system/

>Fung talks and lectures:
youtube.com/watch?v=tIuj-oMN-Fk
youtu.be/PSR82vmZ5lk
youtu.be/v9Aw0P7GjHE

>Doesn't salt make you explode?
youtube.com/watch?v=amJ-ev8Ial8

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inedia
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

first for /fast/ed physical removal of namefags, especially those that deal with avacado

This is thread #44 btw

>omad for 2 weeks
>3.5kg down

good work user, very nice

Is diarrhoea to be somewhat expected when adjusting to a low carb OMAD diet or am I just eating too much protein to compensate

maybe try eating some leafy greens with plenty of fibre, like spinach. hopefully that'll help

Tips on sleeping? Going for a 72 hour this time, always wake up after 3-4 of sleep and cant go back to sleep

Thanks for the tip. Didn’t realise the source of most of my fibre until now had been associated with carbs.

Dealing with the same thing with 48 hour fast. Shitting my brains out like 20 Mins everyone after I eat. I'm hoping it will clear up after eating this way for a while

What are you eating when you do eat?

I usually get it when starting keto or fasting. Goes away

I've heard conflicting opinions on this, but what about 0 calorie drinks on a water fast. Using these as electrolyte replenishment is a lot more appealing than drinking salt water

I don't know dude, suck on my weenis okay?

>Will let know how it goes down.

8 hours after re-feeding and absolutely zero issues.

present it and i shall

sucralose will spike your insulin; not sure about other artificial sweeteners.

I drink la croix.

Will fasting make my hair fall off? Will I start looking more manly? I don't want to.

As long as you're not fasting to the point of malnutrition then no.

Can you please explain to a brainlet why wet fasts are better for losing fat than dry fasts? (assuming an equal fasting length for both)

You can maintain a wet fast longer. Hell, with proper electrolyte intake, a fatass can fast for over a year. A dry fast can drop you dead by day 3 potentially, most folks can last a bit longer, but you're not doing a 14 day dry fast.

Because your body needs electrolytes to function.

I don't think it actually impacts how you burn fat but you'll be more comfortable for longer.

I'm not sold on the effectiveness of dry fasting, and desu it sounds like broscience and plain dangerous to me. Wet fasting with snake piss however is legit. Best fasting protocol is OMAD with 1 48 hour fast mixed in weekly.

This is me btw, should i lean out more? I feel leaner than the summer where i was 83 kg but now i'm 90 kg .

They can last a touch longer. Those people on my 600lbs life could last for probably two years or more years on one.

I honestly don't think you need to be any leaner.

Isn't the human body fucking amazing?

I mean imagine not eating anything for 2 years. Imagine how much money you would save. Imagine how much more time you would have. I mean i do OMAD and i realised how much time food prep/eating/shitting/digesting takes out of someones day.

You are approaching single digits, this is completely unnecessary unless you plan to compete in a bodybuilding show in the near future.

Bruh you already look lean and solid, mirin

Tbh that pic is pretty flattering because its after a 50 h fast with cardio mixed in. This is how I normally look. I want to do keto but I cant, I love tachini way too much

Generally means you have way too much energy go sleep. Just do something. Play vidya or watch t.v. early workout if you want to

losing weight on omad, gonna skip a meal soon to get my first 48h in

Eating is a meme, don't do it

what you benching senpai

dude nice dick

This.
Broke my fast yesterday. Took a shit same day + puked when I got home.
This morning +2,5 kg :DDDDDDDDDDD fuck

Were you the burger guy?

And yeah its like god damn you're so fucking hungry but the moment you finish eating all thats left is regret.

yeah thats me. I find it weird that I puked out only veggies (my first meal) and that they were untouched by digestion. Really makes me think.

Anyway gonna try 23/1 meme for a few days before going back to fasting.

>And yeah its like god damn you're so fucking hungry but the moment you finish eating all thats left is regret.

I'm this guy and breaking my fast was awesome. Very satisfying and absolutely zero ill effects. I feel fucking great. Though I haven't had a shit since eating that massive meal 12 hours ago which has surprised me though I suppose my digestive system hasn't had to do any work for almost 6 days so it's taking it's time with the workload.

Bench press and curls are my weak spot. I can only bench 100 kg for 3x5 which for my 90 kg weight is pretty shit. Bicep curls are also shit, i can barely do 10 reps with 40 kg. I see all these dyels benching more than me and it makes me kinda mad.

I don't really lift weights desu, i go do a 3x5 twice or once a week and run/kickbox/bjj the rest of the days. I also do a lot of bodyweight stuff.

Bruh, is that grey line the predicted weight? How did you calculate it?

I mean the eating felt great but then you realise you've kicked yourself out of ketosis if you don't eat keto and that you still have 10-15kg to lose.

There is a trend line option in Google spreadsheets, maps out the trend on a bunch of data points. I was at about .5kg / day when at full keto.

>google spreadsheets
Fug. I use excel, but it should be there too, thanks.

I've come down with a sinus infection. Should I be breaking my one meal a day intermittent fasting or should I just up my nutrients and shit

>I mean the eating felt great but then you realise you've kicked yourself out of ketosis if you don't eat keto and that you still have 10-15kg to lose.

Oh okay fair enough. Shouldn't feel guilty though. It's a lifestyle change and it's gotta be maintainable for your goals. Rome wasn't built in a day and look at it this way, even when you break your fast you're still gonna be burning off way more fat than you would have in any other manner.

Eat more, drink more, rest more. Go ahead and break it until you get better.

Of course its not like the world has ended its just you don't really need the food, its just a craving you gave in to.

Had my OMAD few hours ago and just took my first shit in like 3 days. Now my weight is already down to what it was this morning and its only 3pm. Cant wait to see my weight tomorrow.

It took alot of monnies to get that fat.

>AL
I know EODF is "Every Other Day Feeding" but what is AL?

Ignore everything Avocado nigger posts. It is all of no value.

Having the additional water helps the kidneys flush ketones out of the blood, but your body doesn't become fat adapted as fast. Dry fasting forces your body to break down fatty tissue not simply for the nutrient and calorie requirements of basal metabolic processes but to access the water in the cells. Just like a camel... you store water in fat. Th hump on a camel is not just a nalgean bladder of water, it's fat. The human gut is our camel hump.

>I’m not fat, I have just evolved to survive in the comming nuclear wasteland.

I knew that playing Fallout would have ramifications.

What's OMAD?

I never played fallout.

Nigger, I know... answer the question if you know the answer. Don't behave like a fucking sjw trying to no-platform someone you disagree with. I've been massacreing avocado for a dozen threads and I'll keep doing it when he says ignorant shit.

Read the OP you lazy fuck.
"One Meal A Day"

Don't compare me to an SJW, you faggot.

I crei, weekend is here, have to drink and get laid... Goodbye fasting cycle again ;__;

Women ruin everything.

>have to drink and get laid
You don't have to, you want to, it's different

aside from electrolytes, should I take a multivitamin while water fasting?

the guy in OP's vid tells fasting one day a week is too much if you are trying to gain muscle mass and once or twice a month is ok, what do you guys think about it?

Stop eating.

not same guy, but if you're a fatass you should refeed with the meal being like 80% plant based and go right back into fasting

>I never played fallout.

user...I...

The 20% remaning should be meat & fat right? Got to get them fats ya!

the other 20% can be anything you want, 20% of one refeed probably wont kick you out of ketosis and if it does you'll just hop right back in within a day or so

check em

I know...

Don't act like one then, nigger.

Veeky Forums help me finish this
>nb4 legend

breatharianism as the final one

Elaborate?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inedia

Nah, I'm thinking about writing something about eliminating all toxins and addictions from your life, snakefag was talking about how bad breathe is often caused by detoxing through the tongue... thats what I thought you were going with.

>Don't act like one then, nigger.

>Repeatedly offered absolutely garbage advice, misinformation and troll posts
>Reaches a point where it's obvious whatever he says is ill-researched or outright lies
>Wah don't deprive him a voice

Kill yourself, you piece of shit

Fucking kek

Just tell me what AL means then faggot?

I'd also like to know what the AL means.

It might as well mean ass licking, galaxy faggot. Who cares? The source has repeatedly proven he's tainted. If you kept drinking water that poisoned you every time you drank it would you keep going back thinking, "maybe it'll be okay this time"?

thanks user

I've been majorly craving a salad lately anyways

Found the study guys, AL means that the mice eat normally

>people who are idiots never say anything worth hearing
Every Other Day Feeding is good tho, and mice studies are legit... I want to know what AL means so I understand what the avocado is trying to communicate so I can btfo him if need be. You're acting like ignoring someone is mature or useful when its only pure sjw mentality... maybe someone comes here with a misunderstanding about something and this particular graph is what they base it on.

It's fine if YOU want to ignore/filter the avocado, but fuck off trying to tell ME how I should behave. Eat a dick kiddo.

>tfw never thought I'd take avocadoniggers side on something
See what you've done?

>See what you've done?

Shown you what a retard you are?

k, then avocadonigger did nothing wrong (this time). lmao

wwwwwwwwwwwwwwould anybody care to explain to me where the massive 5lb meal i ate last night ran away to?

I EAT LIKE A PIG AND LOSE 0.5 LBS PER DAY ON 23/1 IF LMFAOOOO

Did you eat the plates too? There's no way that's a "massive 5 pound meal."

I eat that for regular meals. Skinny people have no idea how little food they're actually eating.

Do me a favor and pay close attention to any detox type symptoms you might have because of eating garbage food. Bad breath? Pimples? Rashes? Etc...

did you log your pee pee poo poo?

I'm not convinced. What does the AL stand for?

For not being afraid of contronting someone that disagrees with me? How fucking fragile are sjw types lmao. I have no problem engaging avocadonigger because I refute his shit and OTHER PEOPLE BENEFIT FROM READING IT. Ignoring idiots and not engaging and refuting them is a sure fire way to make sure they never shut the fuck up and keep preaching ignorant garbage. You'll notice avocadonigger spams WAY less now because he gets engaged and demolished... not because of fragile sjw queers like you filter him. I can feel your gyno through your posts

>that
>a lot of food

You sound like such a triggered little bitch boy. I'm laughing so hard at the thought of you typing all that shit out on your phone.

Now shut the fuck up and help me fill in this last square...

what is fast? do you eat only before sleeping?

ch ch ch check the scale weight for hour 22 and hour 25 homie, that's a 5lb gain

obviously not all of it was food, water is heavy, but it doesn't change the fact that 5lbs of material went into my stomach and HAS COMPLETELY DISAPPEARED less than 24 hours later, without even exercising

i will happily do so!! i have clear skin so it will be easy to spot any pimples. i got some pimples and breath when i was in ketosis about 5 or 6 weeks ago

i am definitely not in keto now lol

peeing every few hours or so, the only shit occurred at hour 28, when my fucking weight WENT UP!!! lol. that shit was the night before's 3.5 lb fat ass meal

also I think the reason my weight went up is because the pork and etc probably started being digested and was releasing stored gasses everywhere, causing me to bloat up and shit

y'all internet tough guys act like you eat this meal 6 times a day. bruh check how deep the plates are. that's like 800 calories of popems doughnuts alone that I ate in like 4 bites. nearly an entire bag of lays. half a bag of extra cheddar goldfish. 2-3 lbs of water. 2 thick ass pork chops.

it was easily 3000 calories

>also I think the reason my weight went up is because the pork and etc probably started being digested and was releasing stored gasses everywhere, causing me to bloat up and shit

I mean congrats on the loss but thats retarded

I'll be impressed when you actually EAT 5 pounds of food and then lose it. Drinking 4 pounds of water and then breathing it out over 24 hours is not impressive by any stretch.

>it's retarded

that's literally how your digestive system works.............. it's one of the reasons that carbonated water is a cure for constipation....

gas is very voluminous and creates pressure on your intestines.... intestines expand and contract, pushing the shit into your colon where it basically jumps out of you...

gimme a meal plan senpai and let's settle this once and for all

also it's only been 15 hours since I ate that meal, i have another 9 hours of exercising and breathing to do, will easily lose a pound more by then

Are you not implying your weight went up due to gasses being released?

>gimme a meal plan senpai
3 bags of this, on buns, with whatever you want to dress them up with.

i think there is a decent chance that my weight went up due to gas being released from multiple hours of digestion yes

the only other possible explanation is the scale just being wrong by almost an entire pound

So nothing enters or leaves your body
Food inside your body releases gasses
And your weight goes up?

m8

Bruh, I gotta tell you a little secret about mass. It doesn't go up. It stays the same.

If you eat 1 pound of food, it won't weigh 2 pounds because you partially digested it. It'll actually weigh less than 1 pound. If you're under the assumption that you're drawing in gas from outside to digest your food (which wouldn't add weight anyways because it's fucking gas it literally weighs nothing), you're wrong. The gas is produced by splitting carbohydrates, which as the name implies, contains carbon.