I really like to bake and eat baked goods...

I really like to bake and eat baked goods. I used to be able to eat something I baked in the course of around a week (depending on the quantity/size), but that period gradually shrinked until now when I eat the whole thing within one day. Example: I ate a whole brownie yesterday.

I only think I shoud have stopped after I am done. While I'm eating it, I feel nothing. It's like I avoid thinking and just feel the pleasure of eating this sweet delicious shit.

Help me Veeky Forums
Please don't tell me to just have self control. Give me actual useful advice.

>I ate a whole brownie yesterday
And? It's one fucking brownie. You didn't eat ten brownies with three glasses of milk.

Make less food, I guess. If you've drastically increased your apetite, you need to just lower the amount you make.

Start by making half portions. You say you don't really do it out of hunger, but moreso because you have shit self control, and I guess I can see that. If you COULD eat all the brownie, and you HAVE a lot of brownie, why stop right?

So start making half the sizes on everything.
>"B-BUT THAT'S T-TOO STRICT! HALF?? B-BUT!"
no.. no. jst no. shut the fuck up. no excuses. half the sizes. you said yourself it was too much, so after you finish, you not only have eaten a nice tasty treat, BUT you can also say with a clear conscience that "It's okay, because the amount I made is low enough for it not to matter."

TL;DR make half as much but don't bake more often to compensate

I always had trouble with avoiding shitty carbs, although not as bad as you. I would eat a donut and drink an iced coffee every single day, around 80 grams of sugar before noon. I managed to stop it by gradually replacing it with healthier stuff. I replaced the donuts with shitty sugary protein bars, then gradually with just oats, and replaced the iced coffee with gradually healthier protein shakes.

It seems like a really obvious and simple idea but it worked, I don't eat that kind of shit anymore and I've lost about 12 kilos in two months.

That's damn true as well. REPLACE things. Wanna know how I stopped drinking soda? Whenever I craved it, I simply drank 3 glasses of water, and the lust for it vanished.

How I quit chocolate and candy? I started buying mixed nuts and eating them instead. Still satisfies the same "i want to sit and munch on something" part of you, but is much healthier and doesn't include sugar and addictive shit like that.

Think about it, what's easier, going from eating a kilo of pudding a day to eating literally nothing, or going from eating a kilo pudding per day to two kilograms of salad? I think the latter.

Replace it, reduce it, overcome it.

no i mean the whole pan, which is supposed to be like 8 servings. and i put some peanut butter on some. It must have been like a thousand calories.

this is a great idea actually except that i try to cook for a few days at a time because i don't have time, and i cannot eat out because i don't have money. but honestly this overeating thing is still wasting my time and money because i have to cook more often and i eat more than i need. I would like to reach a point where i can cook for a few days and it actually lasts me these days.

i'd like to mention that i am not (yet) obese. Just a little overweight. A few months ago i was at a normal weight.

i weigh about 82 kg and my goal weight is around 72. tell me more about how you did it, please. like exercising and shit. and most importantly about the psychological aspect of it and how you maintained the self discipline.

i don't drink soda at all. I don't like it. and if i buy nuts i eat the whole thing in one sitting. that's my problem. I swear it is only recent, i used to have great self control, idk what fucked me up so badly. and actually everything i cook is pretty healthy, it is just that i eat too much of it.

This doesn't work for me.
When I'm restricting calories below TDEE i constantly think about food. I ate 2kg of carrots yesterday in an attempt to avoid too many calories. It is a matter of time before i snap. Please help, im not OP.

well except for the desserts. those aren't healthy. although i do try to lower the sugar content simply because i don't like desserts that are too sweet.

yes, i constantly think about food too. i absolutely hate it.

what does Veeky Forums think about water fasting?

Similar situation actually, I was 87 and have dropped down to 75, hoping to get to 70 then start bulking.

I wasn't lifting at the time, I did about 100 pushups a day, occasionally some bodyweight squats and dips, like 50 of either. This was probably pretty redundant but it felt better than doing nothing. I live in a city so I was walking a decent amount every day. Went out of my way to avoid public transport and just walked everywhere, even if it was a ridiculous distance. Again, no idea how much this contributed.

Mostly I think it was just that I restricted my diet to 1500 calories a day (quite severe I think, I'm 6'3 and have little muscle) and only ate between 10am and 6pm. Didn't really care much about whether it was healthy or not, just was extremely strict about that number. I was even eating fucking KFC chicken for a lot of meals.

Either way if you restrict your calories that much you soon realise you can pretty much only eat one lousy donut and a decent fast food meal a day, and you soon want to replace it with healthier options instead.

In terms of motivation and discipline there's not much to it. Either you want that stupid donut for that 10 seconds or so of pleasure, or you want to be happy with yourself at the end of the year. I just thought about it rationally a lot. I also thought a lot about how it's basically self-indulgence and how it's sort of a really despicable character trait to be constantly giving into your cravings like that.

Anyway good luck dude, I've been trying to get that measly 10 kilos off for about 10 years and I finally managed it. Hope you can too.

My biggest problem is that my family loves sweets and sometimes there's nothing to eat except cookies, cakes, chocolate and cereal, so I either have to eat this shit or go without food for a few days.
Supposed to move out soon, so I'll buy my own food and get rid of this nasty habit.

i bike a lot. at least 7 km a day and usually up to 10. It's just that i eat a crazy amount of calories to make it useless. I agree that it is a despicable character trait, and i feel subhuman because of it.

I am really impressed at your accomplishment. I hope i can follow your example.

Sorry OP. Self control is the only answer.

This, best way is to keep your mind occupied.
Or, you could replace an addiction with another one, start smoking or something.

do IF, when I ate normally and I had a packet of any type of snack, I would pretty much eat it in one go, but when started doing IF, I could easily just have handful and be ok with it

i have to choose between being fat, or having shit breath, yellow teeth, rough voice, lower lung capacity.
honestly, i can't say i haven't considered smoking but i don't think it will improve the quality of my life. i have to build my self control, it's just that i easily relapse.

>shit breath, yellow teeth, rough voice, lower lung capacity.
It's not that bad, most anti-smokers just spew their propaganda bullshit, but if you do smoke, don't smoke cigarettes, they are filled with chemicals, natural tobacco is much better.
Also, take it up as a last option, best thing is to keep addictions to a minimum.

>spend Christmases with friend's family
>we always have a huge open buffet for all friends and family
>every year, his aunt and her mini whale pod barricade themselves around the deserts with chairs and eat everything
>me and friend are taking the piss out of her before party
>Jaba impersonations, and pointing out the barricading
>friends mom tells us to stop being mean
>party time
>friends mom scurries in to where me and friend are
>whispers "omg, you're right, I've just seen her do it, I never noticed before, she just ate the entire pecan pie user made"
>not pleased about this, pie took time to make
>this becomes a joke behind her back all year
>next year we devise a plan
>a pan of brownies is made
>the brownies are delicious
>may as well be a slurry of fat and sugar, held together by flour and baked
>one portion, already cut up to encourage over eating, is about 800 calories
>entire pan is in 5 figures
>word is put around everyone else on the quiet "don't eat the brownies, don't tell aunt"
>Jaba eats maybe 5 portions over the course of the afternoon, 4000 calories, plus other food
>one other slice is eaten, shared between 2 people
>all three of us trying not to laugh all day

Don't eat a whole brownie, OP, it's not worth it.

i am so afraid of becoming obese. oh god. i think i should just visit this board everyday to stay on track.

Try some whey recipes, OP. I've a similar love of baking/baked goods and whey as helped immensely. Just keep in mind that whey is difficult to bake with, as it tends to dry out very easily. I'll dump some of my favorite recipes for you to play with.

Whoops, this should be two tbsp of baking brown truvia. Four tbsp would make it sickeningly sweet. Also, I use myprotein's vanilla flavored whey isolate in these. Your experience may vary depending on the brand/flavor that you use.

fasting threads exist, not bad reads