Going to gym ill

Should I go to the gym if Ive got a cold Veeky Forums? I'm really not feeling it

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DkVz-we1PTA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I got a sore throat last night, woke up razorblade mode.

Third time this semester, and every time it has escalated into full virus mode with fevers and coughs because I lifted/ran through it.

Lay off. You can get away with 1-2 days sick instead of 7-10.

No you shouldnt

Absolutely not. You will have the worst workout of your life, and then you'll be sick for longer.

Would not advise it. Sore throat gets aggravated, turn into a zombie when you're tired, and you get everyone else at the gym sick.

No. You won't be able to push yourself properly, you lengthen the Timmerman you're sick, and you can spread your infection. Don't be that guy.

Just ask your doctor for a shot. You'll feel better in 1-2 days.

Depends if you're a pussy or not.

Don't go to a bacteria playground when youre sick

No. Hydrate and sleep, then come back when you're at 100%.

Take it from someone who almost died from a myocarditis. Just rest my dude, hit the gym when you're well again

eat some raw onion and garlic, you'll feel better soon. not a meme

>that belt
>that form
>20 lbs
>fake tits
>fake tan
>fake lips

fun fact you are still a carrier, days after you are over your cold.

aeee

lol this pic

>left and right grip uneven
>that left foot position
>not putting up hair, to show it off - laziness and bacteria
>boob weight proves she needs to triple up on the top but physically cannot because of said boobs
>holding the bar too far on one side

I had my wisdom teeth ripped out and went to the gym. I begged my surgeon after my appendix surgery when i could hit the gym. If you have a fever lift at home, but if you are not contagious get your ass to the gym and bring alcohol wipes for the equipment.

No.

Yes, make sure to sneeze everywhere and cough whenever someone's next to you.
Enjoy having the whole gym empty for a couple days.

This

And especially fucking this >you get everyone else at the gym sick.

Fucks who do this are just terrible people, at least if they realize they are doing it, like you clearly do.

I care for a sick family member with severe respiratory issues, and a 'simple cold' can easily turn into a chest infection that can land them in ICU or a coffin. People just not giving a shit because they can't look after themselves properly or don't give a shit put other people at risk, and it's fucking enraging.

>tfw that 'sweet old lady' is snorting into a tissue next to the bread at the store, and then starts handling the loafs, while sniffling with a nose like Rudolph.

You go to the gym with a cold, and you potentially make several other people miss work and thus money, and even at worst risk accidentally spreading the final germ that someone severely ill will ever get. Just stay in bed/at home and drink some fucking lempsip for a few days.

Don’t go to the gym sick. You’re just going to spread it to everybody else.

If it's above the neck i.e. sore throat, stuffy nose etc then you'll be fine going to the gym. I've trained productively with a cold, just take some paracetamol and caffeine beforehand.

If you're getting body aches then you should rest, exercise will probably prolong recovery or make things worse.

>being this much of a baby over a fucking cold

You're going to be contagious before and after you show symptoms anyway, just be considerate when you're out in public and don't sneeze into your hands and wash/sanitize them everytime you touch your face.

And anybody that takes time off work because they have a cold is pathetic (other than if you work in a hospital or something). You're not dying of cancer, you just have a sore throat, a runny nose and some congestion. "But waaaah what if it spreads to my coworkers" well then be an example and show them that you can still work and not have to take a week off because of the most basic, lowest form of illness known to man.

>what are people with respiratory diseases, who have to share your breathing space, you inconsiderate fuck.

I'm a bartender

No. I don't want to catch your cold because you selfishly came to the gym sick.

Rest.

If you really just want to sweat and keep moving, put on a medical face mask and just hop on a bike, pedal for volume and not for intensity. In short, just do something light to work up a sweat, but never something that would get your heart rate up.

Your heart rate and blood pressure is significantly raised when your body is fighting off a cold, or a flu, or anything that makes you sick enough to affect how you feel. And that's with you resting.

You'll just wear your body out more and prolong your sickness, at the best case scenario. Worst case you work yourself into a heart attack.

If I had to stay cooped up inside every time I had the sniffles even a tiny bit, I'd be able to go maybe 3 months out of the year outside.

or he could workout at home, quarantined.

>halting your life for a week because of the small possibility that you might sneeze or cough uncovered in the direct vicinity of somebody with a respiratory disease
>implying I don't sneeze into my elbow so that I'm not spreading it via air anyway

If I just have a bit of a sniffle I'll go. Otherwise no. Never go if it's in your lungs. That's how you get pneumonia.

How the fuck did you manage to get the medial lining of your heart inflamed?

no. being sick is the only good excuse to not go. rest, get better, and then go

Doc fag here, I say stay home as others have opined.

Btw opined is a fancy word for opinion, which I know because I am a doctor.

t. doctor

Do cardio, if youre in the early stages of being sick you should be able to raise your body tempature and youll sweat out the nasty. At night before you sleep take the hottest shower you can after put on the warmest sleepwear you have and got to bed with thickest blankest you have, youll sweat like a pig but you should be better by morning. This is a trick my soccer coach taught us when we'd get sick a day before a soccer game.

This

>tfw razorblade mode right now too

I'll trust you

t. also a docter

>doctor nod

doc

>20lbs

the whole thing is 10 pounds not each plate

See a doctor, being sick that frequently ain't normal. I get a cold once a year if even that often.

>dies in the night from hyperthermia and dehydration

Here sir have an answer with Scientific research behind it
youtube.com/watch?v=DkVz-we1PTA