Can deadlift 430 for reps

>can deadlift 430 for reps
>lifting a 45 pound bag of dog food still feels difficult

Is gym strength truly fake strength, as normies say?

I hope you're not counting the bar when you DL.

But srs, it's the difference between an evenly distributed barbell and an awkward sack of food.
Also yeah functional strength is different than gym strength

lifting odd objects is a skill. hug the bag to your chest and try again

strength is fairly specific to joint angle, implement, etc

it's probably easier to lift that bag of dogfood with your much bigger and stronger glutes hamstrings and erectors but don't expect a 1:1 transfer

Is this why my dad who has never lifted once can lift a fridge no problem up a staircase?

>squat 315 comfortably
>can't pick stuff up off the floor
what did he mean by this?

Picking up a 45 pound sack will always take some amount of effort. You just have much more effort to give beyond the requirement.

Wtf

>not deadlifting dogfood bags instead of pl8s for functional strength

Deadlifts are a meme

Is your dad arnold?

Did you warm up with lighter bags first? Have you been systematically lifting dog food bags for months or years on a routine schedule?

Youre just setting weird expectations or maybe just unaware that things can be heavy so you under estimate it

>OHP 155x5
>could only OHP a 110lb grill twice

Wow its almost like objects in real life are not balanced and designed to be lifted with 0 momentarm in a perfect line

is it a minifridge? is your dad a manlet?

fridges are very light

>do heavy deads and farmer walks
>carrying a case of costco water with the plastic bits in my hands still fucking hurts

If he didn't count the bar, wouldn't the dog food weigh literally nothing? Use you're brain retard.

>Worked in removals
>it got progressively easier as i got stronger
>Join gym
>Im weak as shit at lifts
Most lifts are not functional strength. Use dumbbells for better functional strength, functional strength is all about stabiliser muscles and a good muscle balance all over, not just in specific areas.

Do some farmer walks

This

Think about it this way, if you didn't lift, picking up that bag would be damn near impossible