Are pull ups, dare I say, the biggest redpill?

Are pull ups, dare I say, the biggest redpill?

When I do pull ups, I feel it mostly in my arms instead of my lats and upper back. How do I fix this? So far I've been trying to pull the bar towards the bottom of my chest (instead of just past my chin) and it helps a little bit.

>Think about putting your elbows in your back pocket when lifting.
>Imagine your hands to be hooks when lifting up

Pick one or the other

> gym has really thick pull up bar handles
> they hurt my wrist and make it hard to "activate" lats

There is another station with normal non shit handles but it's a bit wide for me. Any advice on doing wider grip pulluperinos?

If you said chin-ups you'd be right
I do four weighted sets every morning

The real redpill is weighted chin ups... way better lat builder than a wide grip pull up

Its almost 2018. I hope no one still believes in the wide grip = wide back meme...

I do hammer grip because I can do more reps that way.

why are chinups better?

I hope this is true pull up feel so akward for me while chinup seem much natural.

Longer ROM, longer stretch on the lats at the bottom, easier on the joints, builds biceps better
see

all you have to do is look at the anatomy of the lats to know its true.

>longer ROM
Learn to do pull ups properly they have the same ROM

Nope. Widely known that chins with the close grip have a longer ROM.

At my gym I feel like I'm the only person that goes down all the way like in op pic. Others are bigger than me yet they stop mid way so is that just also acceptable?

As long as when you go all the way down it's controlled and you're not dropping your body weight.

I can currently do 3 sets of 10 reps like OP photo. What's the best sets and reps I should do once I add weight next week for maximum size gains?

Full arm extension to chest, how are they different

seconding this, when should you start doing weighted pullups, and how much should you start?

I don't want to look like a retard going from 3x10 +0 to 3x5 +5 or something retarded like that, since you have to use a belt to load the plates

Going deadhang kills my shoulder

hammer grip is patrician

Nah user, stick with thick grips. Your forearms get swole. It is harder though. Pull your shoulder blades together, look up, and focus less on "activating" (their not fucking almonds) more on flexing them.

what the fuck are you talking about

pullups are the reverse squat of the upper body

Go all the way down to get mega-shoulders. don't let your shoulders sink though

>did a FUCKTON of pullups when i first started lifting
>ignored them for awhile after back got extremely wide relative to my frame
>started doing them again for strength
>Do 4x6-8
>Back is already obnoxiously wide after 2 weeks

Wtf muscle memory isnt a meme

I do chin ups on one day, and pull ups on another

For pull ups though, I have to use a fairly narrow grip because my pull up bar is in a doorway where I don't have enough room for a wide grip. Will narrow grip pull ups (hands just a bit farther apart than my shoulders are) cause any problems or are they fine?

snap city population (you)

Serious question from brainlet skellyfag, how much can I do off a pull up bar?

Like just how many different variations are there, can I almost do a whole work out off a bar?

Sorry I'm just curious.

what are you, retarded? why don't you already know everything about lifting yet, you fucking brainlet?

If you mean the doorway hanging ones you can buy off amazon, I believe you are able to do chinups, and medium grip pullups. If you mean a full-size pullup bar a la the park or powercage, you can do whatever you want. Sometimes you will find interesting looking ones attatched to a cable machine at the gym where you can do neutral grip pullups and other such memery, but standard chinup+pullup is accessible on any bar

A metric fuckton. Having a chinup bar and a floor is all that is needed for a full body callisthenics workout.

Heavy rows are

Non-meme answer is put your thumbs over the bar with the rest of your fingers instead of wrapping your hands around the bar. This decreases biceps use and increases back use.

The park near my house has an amazing out door gym, mostly untouched, there are a whole bunch of bars, so guess I'll start now while it's raining, cheers Chad.

weighted chins with a closer than usual grip is what made my back and biceps blow up actually

I started doing weighted once i can do over 10 reps at bodyweight. Currently doing 2x8 +7.5 then 2x6 +10 then 2x4 +12.5

That would be deadlifts, but pullups are a close-second.

I was the same. Other than the great advice anons gave u, try a bit wider grip than usual and pull yourself up only using your scapula, ignoring your arms.

If you can't do a set of 3x5 for pullups/chinups, do as many as you think you are able to do for 3 sets, such as 3x1, and then do negatives. This means jump up to the final position of being on top of the bar, and then slowly lower yourself down so that your elbows are right angles. Hold yourself there as long as you can for 3 sets. Keep doing this until you can do 3x10, and then add weight from there

>all these wrong answers
Pullups are the holy exercise next to pushups and running.
Do not kip when you pull up. Thumbs go around the bar, not over. Failure to do this means you haven't done a pullup.
Underhand grip is for pussies, use an overhand grip. Wide is good.
Pull yourself straight up, ensure your chin reaches above the bar. Chin doesn't reach? No pullup.
don't move your shitty weak legs when you do it either. Bend them or intertwine them.

Put a bar in a main doorway in your house. Every time you pass this bar, perform 10 pullups in the manner described. Every day, every week, all year.