/FAST/ Fasting General WHY CAN'T WE BE FRIENDS Edition

/FAST/ FASTING GENERAL

What is /fast/?
Fast is a thread for the discussion of intermittent fasting, fasting, water fasting, and fat fasting
While fasting alone is fantastic for your health, Consider doing a ketogenic in addition to become god mode

>WHY CICO IS BULLSHIT
youtube.com/watch?v=APZCfmgzoS0

>HGH , Test, and muscle growth?
youtube.com/watch?v=snyA5UgrZis
dietdoctor.com/fasting-muscle-mass

WHY YOU SHOULD BE DOING KETO:
youtube.com/watch?v=Dan8qtgQRi8
youtube.com/watch?v=NqwvcrA7oe8

>how can I get a quick rundown? Where can I start?
dietdoctor.com/intermittent-fasting
dietdoctor.com/longer-fasting-regimens
youtube.com/watch?v=9idhb2aAfns

>any more info?
idmprogram.com/fed-fasted-state/
medium.com/the-mission/the-sweet-spot-for-intermittent-fasting-9aae12a2158c
youtube.com/watch?v=PKfR6bAXr-c
news.usc.edu/63669/fasting-triggers-stem-cell-regeneration-of-damaged-old-immune-system/

>Fung talks and lectures:
youtube.com/watch?v=tIuj-oMN-Fk
youtu.be/PSR82vmZ5lk
youtu.be/v9Aw0P7GjHE

>Doesn't salt make you explode?
youtube.com/watch?v=amJ-ev8Ial8

14 hours left of my 58 hour fast. Can I drink coffee with heavy cream?? Or am I retarded?

Help finish

OMAW vs prolonged water fasting?

Also: possible to do innawoods OMAD routine but with water fasting instead?

yes, that's called the latte fast

If you have stuck to water so far might as well go all the way at this point

coffee yes. but black. no cream.

fucking retard

Fat fasing bad. being this much of a pleb

Alright boys I won't have heavy cream. But what's about hot tea? I have to sit at a Starbucks for the next 2 hours and my stomach is angry at me.

i'm beginning to think theres not too big of a difference between our diets in terms of muscle preservation

answered you here good luck!!

hot tea is no problem if no sugar or cream
or you could just end it early if you feel your DISCOMFORT is becoming SUFFERING

"I am not a medical professional" obligatory disclaimer

>our diets

who are these "our" people? Snake mans team of shills or something

Thanks man I think I'll stick it out. Gf is doing it with me and want some to cook Break Fast tomorrow morning.

enjoy!!

23/1 IF and fat fasting are pretty similar in terms of insulin control and muscle preservation, just my opinion

we need to protect ourselves from the retarded anti-tripfags in this thread

Keto (that's what the diet you're trying to shill here is called) has nothing to do with fasting and is offtopic in this thread.

coffee and tea is basically water and therefore okay to consume.

>insulin control and muscle preservation

Well, you need insulin to grow is you concentrate all your energy in time into lowing IGF-1 then you might as well go vegan and look DYEL and suffer from fucking cachexia

What should I eat to break my fast today? I want something heavy but not too caloric.

Avocado

looking forward to when i'm 130 lbs 40 days from now and shredded to the socks

vegans are a strange bunch, not all bad but prone to dogma over reason

Welp, man, aren't you around 170 lbs?
Losing 40lbs in 40 days is only happening if you begin fasting fully

@Kimchifu, thanks for bringing bulgogi to my attention, i'll cook it at home one of these days.

just a few days ago I would have completely agreed with you, but something very, very strange is going on with my weight loss and I am waiting for it to level out

here's 2.5 lbs in 48 hours, despite eating like a fucking horse!! i don't get it haha

when do you think it will level out? I'm thinking in 1 week it will decelerate

"something very, very strange"
No, you're eating at a caloric deficit and your metabolism hasn't slowed down yet because its fucking day two. Nice blogpost queer.

perhaps you missed the post where I said that I have nerve damage and can't do upper body exercise. my legs are everything i have

let's see bro i'll keep tracking it every day and we'll see if i "metabolically adapt"

- 30h 4 weeks ago
- 70h 3 weeks ago
- 72h 2 weeks ago
- 90h 1 week ago
- Going for the 100h milestone now 5 hours in

Got exams in 1.5 weeks, the focus while fasting is unreal, literally just me, the material and snake potions. God bless /fast/

congrats man that is some ascetic-tier willpower right there!!!

LEAVING FOOD ON MY TABLE
FUCKING SABOTAGE
REEEEE

>nerve damage
Liar, you're just a faggy blogposting twink.

I think it will level out soon, just keep checking results

There are some strange people around today, like you

thanks!!! it's time to go shower and eat a fat ass meal once again. pasta with butter and pork + other chips and doughnuts per usual

whether i gain 20 lbs or lose 20 lbs, you guys will see it, and then we can judge it for what it is

i encourage everyone to post their plans and results like me, no matter what fasting method anyone uses, so we can all learn, no cultish ideology necessary

As i said before, i'm tracking weightloss on OMAD, will post results every two weeks i think, with charts and all

Oct 28: 313.5 lbs
Nov 18: 307.5 lbs
Nov 25: 304.5 lbs
Tomorrow's weigh-in: (expecting around 301 lbs)

Weigh every day wtf

At his weight it doesn't matter at all

>pure dogma over reason
>posts on snake jizz general
Lmaoing at you thinking anyone over 4'6 can be shredded at 130.

Meth is a hell of a drug

I think he means shredder as only super lean, not muscular and lean

please see for my definition of shredded

I'm pretty sure you didb t mean to reply to methguy lol

Daamn, i forgot to ask, i'm the guy going running tomorrow before OMAD lunch, long distance or hiit?

haha for most people the only way to get down to 5'10 130 ~7% bodyfat is through lots of methamphetamine

durianrider got a dexascan done and he was 3.8% bodyfat, but he deliberately drank a ton of water before the scan to distort the results downward

dexa's manufacturer says results can be +/- 3% due to water

so I'm gonna come out and say that a legitimate 7% body fat is the lowest you wanna go before "being unhealthy"

Does anyone else feel warm?

I noticed it last night and again now 8 hours since my last feeding window.

whichever you find more preferable and comfortable :) whichever one you can sustain for longer without hurting yourself, feeling like you're suffering, etc

I went for an hour and a half run/walk session today on 23/1 OMAD and enjoyed every second of it, and I damn sure am not in shape physically or cardiovascularly

the most important thing is enjoyability + sustainability

Welp, it's hard to cook all day and not eat. Still on OMAD at least. Got lectured by all the women I work with about how dangerous fasting is. Another good day (hopefully) losing weight. Stomach still feels like it's about to explode and I ate 2.5 hours ago.

>Got lectured by all the women I work with about how dangerous fasting is.

this is why you never bother telling anyone you are fasting

You should have asked them "why is fasting dangerous?"

wrong, only a pussy would lie
just tell those stupid women to explain to you why its dangerous.

Are you people so socially inept you dont know how to talk to people or what?

I had to explain why I kept making other people taste the food I was making.
The best part is they were like "oh user, you don't even need to lose weight, you're fine!"
>100 pounds overweight
>doctor just told me last week I need to lose weight

>Are you people so socially inept you dont know how to talk to people or what?
Projecting hard, kiddo. The ladies love me at my job. I'm their big bear that cooks for them.

> "oh user, you don't even need to lose weight, you're fine!"
I hate this bullshit with the force of a thousand suns, mfw they say that shit

I have only ever heard that phrase come from fat people.
With the exception of a few times girls were attention whoring for someone to tell her that her weight is fine.

Right. And you know they don't have a fat boyfriend at home. I just have to say "nah I'm just trying to lose a few pounds."

this is madness! Why are you doing this?

Ok so then whats the problem? Youre complaining like you were gonna have an anxiety attack.

I'm nearing the end of the second day of my fast, and I feel a very slight pain in my kidneys. Is this ok?

Actually my anxiety has been way down since starting this. I was noticing that earlier.

Maybe having too much sodium.

I just wanna get abs to get the ladies :||||

Just need 1 cm off the top. How long will this take?

OH MY GOD I FEEL LIKE I'M GOING TO EXPLODE AFTER EATING 4.5 LBS

SEND AN AMBULANCE IN CASE MY TAPEWORM CAN'T DIGEST THIS FOR ME

congrats :) ignore anyone who is negative and angry in this thread.

if it continues, drink water with the juice of squeezed lemons. this has no calories, does not break fast, and returns the blood to neutral pH

I get kidney twangs sometimes. It's uric acid gravel in your kidneys. I 100% guarantee this will fix it for $2

>it's an avocadofag OP thread

post stats plz height weight etc

i dont even eat avocados

The links are avocadofag links, not the person who made it.

My bad, I just copied from the last one.

Can we make a pastebin of the links together? then we will always be on the same page on what links we wanna use

All OPs are avocadofag OPs unless they contain 1 (one) snake man video. Also was good when it was "why CICO isn't the only thing that matters" or whatever.

I vote we link to his 30 day bacon fast, and the "how to start" video

or his dry fasting video if you want to kill people ^.^

Can someone give me a quick rundown on water fasting?

Also is nicotene and yohimbe /fast/ approved? What about diet sodas?

Is it realistic to say I'm close? Or am I off base

diet soda should be avoided wherever possible
you drink water + some salt and get used to not eating :)

whats your stats height weight etc

2 weeks of 23/1 IF will shred you down to the socks m8

start tonight and you'll have abs by christmas

do you need help?

Do you guys do water fasts or is black coffee allowed

Since i have started doing IF i hate eating, i can barely fit a meal on my stomach and it gives a hell of reflux.

How about a severe training regimen with roids, while also fasting for several months?

Kind of. I've been doing 22/2 for 2 days and getting cray brain fog and also sleeping more than I normally would (affecting my social life a bit)

Ironically I don't even feel that hungry though.

ahAahAHAAHAhahaha omg so fucking true. i just ate 4.5 lbs and I feel like im fucking dying

black coffee is allowed my man

Self crucifixion

interesting, what are you eating and what is your training regiment

5'10, 185, ~16%bf

I'm used to training 6 days a week. Will fasting fuck my shit up as far as lifting goes?

what exactly are you doing? OMAD?

I fast 23 hours per day, then eat whatever I want for one hour. I do about 1.5 hours of moderate cardio per day.

I think lifting very heavy while water fasting is not going to be particularly fun at the least. The idea here is that you want to knock the fat off you for good ASAP, then go back to lifting

2 weeks of fasting won't even make you lose a pound of muscle

Abs?
You have no muscle at all dude. Not trying to be mean but where exactly are these abs coming from? Do you even lfit weights?

Is it true you lose 1-2lbs of fat after day 2 of fasting for each day you fast after that.

you look too dyel to post here and make us look like we are all anorexics

this is what you get for falling for the snake meme

negativity can gtfo, see pic related

the maximum amount of fat you can hope to lose per day is 1lb.

everything else is water.

negativity can see pic related

I tell you a million times prolonged fasting is terrible for muscle preservation and you should go like 2-3 days at most a week,

good thing he only has 2 weeks of fat on his body and no muscle to lose in the first place lol XD

me thinks he'd do better on 23/1 anyway, especially keto

>negativity can gtfo, see pic related
I said im not trying to be mean you redditor, kim just being honest. Youre the one being mean by not telling the truth when it needs to be told. Think about what im saying. pic related

if we're being honest, he literally has 2 weeks of fat on his body. then he can clean bulk

why on earth should anyone be bulking if they are above 10% body fat

I just want abs fuck off. I've had abs in the past so I know there is muscle under there.

you're right my dawg. the negativity in this thread has been OD lately

literally everyone on the face of this earth has abs. you just need to lose 2 weeks of body fat desu. it will take a bit of cardio and being uncomfortable but youll get there

bullshit, i've fasted over 30 days. You don't even lose muscle fibers or tissues, just water and mass. prolonged fasting is the best fasting. intermittent fasting is good cos its doable but long term is the secret to healing the body

Listen first let me say i like you and what youre doing for this sub, but youre a complete idiot when it comes down to this topic. Bulking and cutting is a complete meme.
It makes zero sense to lose 10lbs then bulk it right back. You could jsut eat at maintenance and start lifting weights right now. Chances are you dont even understand what cutting and bulking are actually for.
>fuck off
I was jsut being honest you autist. Look at your pic your a bone rail as is, where is your muscle hiding? Go lift weights.
>the negativity in this thread has been OD lately
Its not negativity its honesty you idiot.
>literally everyone on the face of this earth has abs
not true at all, you dont have any

How often should/can you do long term?

>It makes zero sense to lose 10lbs then bulk it right back.

The difference is you lose all the fat with the fast and then build lean muscle. You're not dropping 10lbs of fat to just put on 10lbs of fat.

OKAY, SNAKE WE KNOW YOU ARE HERE AND IF YOU FAST IN THE DESERT FOR 40 DAYS AND 40 NIGHTS WITH NO WATER YOU BECOME JESUS

once a year (depends if you're a hamplanet...if so you can more often) Long term is at least 20 days or so. first part of it will clean out your colon, but after a few weeks the rest of your body will heal up nicely

How many calories is recommended?

I'm 120 lbs 5'2 about to start a 7 day fast or should I do more (I've only done 24-72 at this point)