Routine thread

5'9/175cm checking in. I'm currently 65kg/145 lbs and doing Greyskull's Lp. I OHP 40kg/90lbs,bench 70kg/150lbs, Sqaut 85kg/190lbs and Deadlift 100kg/225lbs (all for 5 reps) My progress has been stalling lately (I'm not able to increase the weight every workout) despite me eating in a 300-500 caloric surplus. Should I keep doing Glp or switch to Phul or something like that?

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1JjTXs-bYGMvExAP7AZuTHaz4-NyCMQ6bOhFsGYLmByI/edit#gid=1138111831
blestcoaching.com/guided-template
muscleandstrength.com/workouts/6-day-powerbuilding-split-meal-plan
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

The answer lies in your routine

Do you mean I should deload?

Keep at Greyskull until a cut. Thats what I did. How much are you eating?

At 5'9, I made sure to eat 3200 a day and I was in the 160-170 lb area.

Yea, im doing greyskull too and after deloading I feel stronger than ever when I lift the weight I was struggling with

I'm currently eating about 3000 calories a day. Thanks for the advice, but is there a limit on how often I should deload?

You could deload, not sure how often but I assume its only until you plateau. Another thing I do is just take a complete week off from the gym. For some reason when I do that my lifts become a lot easier. However, I don't really abuse that. Only when I have to take time away from the gym for non-injury related reasons. Like Hurricane Harvey, that shit kept me indoors for a week

Please help with my routine, just started this week with a friend who gave me a modified routine:
Supposed to be GLSP, AxBxC

A:
>3x5 bench
>3x5 OHP
>3x5 Squat
>3x8 lat pulldown
>3x8 tricep extension
>3x10 dumbell supinated curl

B:
>3x5 bench
>3x5 OHP
>1x5 deadlift
>3x10 lat pulldown
>3x10 tricep extension
>3x10 lateral raises

C:
>3x5 bench
>3x5 OHP
>3x5 Squat
>3x10 lat pulldown
>3x10 tricep extension
>3x10 dumbell hammer curl

>Like Hurricane Harvey, that shit kept me indoors for a week
Damn, feelsbadman Did you do some bodyweight exercises at home?
Yeah my body is telling me that a week off would sometimes be great to recover, but my brain is telling me that I'm gonna lose all of my gains.

Simliar to the routine I do, Glp +1 push, 1 pull, 1 exercise for bis and tris and Calves.

Typical Monday Wednesday Friday "powerlifting" fag here
I'm bored
Give me an arms, abs, forearms and calves only routine for tomorrow, maybe shoulder stuff too
Isolations only.

make your own shitty one day routine

Looking for some critiques and maybe suggestions for bicep work in my routine.

I switched to triangle sets last week to help break through some strength plateaus while increasing volume. Reps = 10, 8, 6, 3, 10

4 day split - ABxABxx

A workout

Flat barbell bench
T-Bar rows
Incline dumbbell bench
Neutral grip lat pulldown
Tricep pulldows (v bar)
Leg raises 3x12

B day -

Squat (or leg press)
Overhead dumbbell press
EZ bar upright rows
Deadlift
Bicep curls (either dumbbell or preacher bar)
Leg raises 3x12

What would be a better bicep routine if I’m hitting them twice a week? Should I concentrate on heavy chest curls one day and hit light pump reps the next? My biceps are clearly not growing when the rest of me is.

Nah. Just relaxed mostly. You should try it, don't let ego get in the way. Then again, I only took a week off because I had to.

I've been doing Phrak's GSLP for about 3 months now, here are my stats:

Bench - 230
OHP - 105 (Been having neck problems with this one, so have been hampered)
DL - 320
-Squat - 225
BoR - 167.5
Chin-Ups - 22.5 LB weighted ones, though I'm thinking of switching to Pull-Ups instead (Persuade me otherwise).

I think I'm going to plateu soon - this is the most progress I've made with lifting ever and I want to maintain my gains, but know this isn't forever. I also understand that this program is somewhat for beginners, but what would be a good intermediate program to transition (If necessary) and when should I start going for it?

I haven't had to deload yet, so should I stick with GSLP and start deloading when I start to stall or switch to like Icecream or 5/3/1?

your chest is going to overdevelop quickly, I'd remove it from your B day and add curls.

fugg didn't see the curls on A and C, ignore that part

How much do you weigh?

Texas method or 5/3/1.

You’re reaching the point of gains slowing down. You should focus more on long term gains versus short term as you need more time to recover from the workload.

Starting strength programs tend to progress very quickly as the recovery-to-gain ratio is pretty minimal. It’s time to switch to a program that approaches gains in a more intelligent manner. Instead of expecting to add weight each workout, program your sets and reps to make gains every two weeks.

Your body will recover better, you’ll hit smooth and consistent gains, and keep making progress.

Thanks, I'll probably go with 5/3/1.

Should I keep going with GSLP until my progression stalls? Also, when inputting my 1RM, should I use my stall weight, or actually try and find what that is and use that?

If I use this sheet and put in my current stats, if I were to start 5/3/1 with bench at 230 for 1RM, I'd end up doing 197.5 1+ on week three, which seems really low.

Sheet in question
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1JjTXs-bYGMvExAP7AZuTHaz4-NyCMQ6bOhFsGYLmByI/edit#gid=1138111831

You can use a 1 rep max calculator and just go off of that. Most calculators will even give you your 60-95% weights as well.

The next time you bench, so you warmup sets, and then throw on your highest working weight and see how many reps you can get (leave 1 in the tank). Use that as the base for the calculator.

Forgot to mention, don’t switch until your current program stalls on a majority of your lifts. If it’s just your bench that is struggling, then maybe adjusting that specific lift would be more beneficial than an entire program change.

When I plateau on just one lift, I switch to a reverse pyramid for a couple weeks and then restart strength training at a 10% deload from my stall weight.

There’s no reason to stop something that’s still working for a majority of your body though.

bump

Bumping for which question?

Sprained my ankle so no squats and deadlifts for at least a month. I need help programming upper body only routine as far as how to space out my days. Would love to do 5 days a week

Only leg accessories I can do at my current gym are leg extensions and curls. Can I bench 5 days a week and will my body get used to it?

No, you need some rest. I mean you can try it but there's no way you can recover form benching 5 days

I was doing OP routine but I can't progress because on bench I can't unrack the bar now and I have no spotter. What are my options?

How the fuck are you able to get 5 reps with a certain weight, but are unable to unrack it? Maybe your setup is wrong?

ABC, 5'8 72 kg Routine more directed to aesthetics but trying to put more weight o my incline bench, chins and ohp. Yes i dont work legs lol

A
>Incline dumbell flies 4x12
>Incline dumbell press 5x5
>cable crossover 3x12
>overhead tricep extensions 4x10
>underhand single arm tricep pushdown 3x12

B
>pull ups (bw) 2x8
>weighted chins 5x5 (putting more weight every set)
>dumbell row 3x10
>reverse grip cable row 3x10
>facepulls 3x12 supersetted with dumbell curls 4x10
>hammer curls 3x10

C
>OHP 5 sets -10,10,6,3,3
>Behind the neck press (standing) - 4x8-10
>lateral raises 3x12-15
>cuban press 3x10

>don't work legs
retard

This

not a check, more of a question
stats: 5'7 70kg, squat 140kg, bench 100kg, ohp 70kg, deadlift 135kg (yes, trying to work on it but manlet proportions aren't helping)
what routine with 3 workouts per week should I do to increase strength but also not neglect accessory exercises for hypertrophy/aesthetics?

Try the late novice program here
blestcoaching.com/guided-template
Garret Blevins, IPF record holder and all round strong guy, knows what he's talking about.

PHUL is trash. you have good lifts for height/weight. you should add milk and gain weight faster to finish your novice days asap.

try GOMAD.

muscleandstrength.com/workouts/6-day-powerbuilding-split-meal-plan

Can someone r8 this, my bench was way higher than all my other lifts and has stagnated but all my other lifts have skyrocketed. I'm 4 1/2 6 days cycles in.

>muscleandstrength.com/workouts/6-day-powerbuilding-split-meal-plan
just a bunch of exercises thrown together, not an actual program. there is no plan for progerssion. you could just go to gym and do whatever you feel like on the day, and it'd look like this.

powerbuilding is a meme made up by mike o'tren iirc.

look for a real strength program, don't touch shit like this, including any other PPL program. if you're a beginner, do fullbody 3 times, otherwise 3-7 times depending on program.