Redpill me on Dips bros, should I be doing them or are they really gonna fuck my shoulders?

Redpill me on Dips bros, should I be doing them or are they really gonna fuck my shoulders?

i fucked up my shoulders doing them, at least it was like 1-2 years after doing them a lot, and my chest, deltoids and triceps are strong as fuck so i dont care

do them but keep your shoulders flexible and never user unconfortable ROM speciable when weighted

Personally I hate them they fuck with my shoulders too much, but they can be alright if you dont feel uncomfortable. Just make sure your shoulder blades are retracted and you arent going to 100% depth

there the reason I can tricep cable pushdown 110 lbs as a DYEL

60 percent of people don't have the right structure for them

If you ever get any popping sensations in your sternum, or pain after doing dips, stop the immediately. You're risking a sternum fracture which will make you unable to lift for the rest of your life

>tricep cable pushdown 110 lbs as a DYEL
>as a DYEL

it IS DYEL lol

This is all pretty spooky lads, are there any safer/better alternatives?

For whatever reason they hurt my shoulders less than normal benching

Diamond push-ups comes closest.

do them to a 90 degree angle of your shoulders, not any deeper. Also make sure you're stretching your shoulders after you work out. Dips can be the best exercise to stimulate your lower chest or triceps depending on your technique.

I have yet to be strong enough to do a dip, what is the best way to build up to it? Just general tricep work?

I absolutely wrecked my right shoulder doing them, spent months in physical therapy. Not worth it.

>scaring people away from dips
devilish.tar.gz.exe
Dip 3x12 30kg, tris and chest popping

Just adjust your body angle, the width of your grip, how far down you go, etc. I find tilting my body slightly forward with a wider grip feels perfect. I don't ever do full sets though. I just throw them in there between sets of bench, tricep pulldown, flies, etc.

That and assisted dips.

I just put a stool out to rest my toe on. Move the stool farther away and you can't put as much weight on it.

the only dips I do are weighted dips. I usually alternate between one and two plate.

No it isnt.

Maybe if you push down with your shoulders and chest it is.

Dips were my nemesis, couldnt perform a single one. Added pic related to my workouts. Once I reached ~20 reps of Arnold Dips i went back and was able to do 5 reps of BW dips.

Can do 40lbs weighted dips for reps now, feels good.

This shit will fuck your shoulders up worse than dips, though.

no

Only shoulderlets can't do dips
t. Does 75kg weighted dips

user I'm sorry to inform you but is right. I'm a small female and even I can do close to that... So yeah you're pretty DYEL

I see no reason to do them ever

Skulls are better for tri
DB Incline/flat/decline hits all of your chest

All of these are entirely safe

its pretty DYEL desu

QUESTION. I made some dip bars that youve attached to my wall they are independent of each other so I can change the distance between them. What is the optimum distance between the two dip bars?

You're wrong.

Used to do weighted dips 2 times week on push days until I tried to lmao2pl8 weighted dips did 4 reps. Had chest pain for a few days now I can feel a small bump between my pecs when the pain used to be. I'm gonna see a doctor tomorrow.

Is it that easy to get that? My sternum has been hurting a bit the last 2 days. Is it over guys? Should I an hero now?

dips are fine as a finisher to really burn the tricep out but do them bodyweight. Weighted dips is a good way to snap your shit up. Just do close grip bench instead.

I know they're different muscle groups, but what is "harder" to do. Dips or pull ups?

Even while fat as fuck I can do full dips but I can't do a single fucking pull up.
I'm about to start lifting after cutting 70lb.
Should I start with calisthenics or free weights?

Dips are GOAT teir for Triceps, shoulders, chest.
Everyone saying dips fucked them up doesn't stretch or have proper shoulder mobility.
t. Stretches between every set of dips and after every workout and never had shoulder problems

i go for wide grip and lean forward. they're great. as other user mentioned, decline bench is a good alternative if you don't like dips.

that's a nice pudgy belly :3 makes me wish i had at least some kind of body fat

I used to have shoulder pain after doing them, like 3 years ago. Then an user suggested that instead of doing them like OP's pic, dudes should try to form the shape of a C with their legs. Never experienced pain after that.

>dudes should try to form the shape of a C with their legs
how?

D-daddy?!

>popping sensations in your sternum

that is completely normal

I went to the doctor 2 days ago and he told me it was due to having a lot of muscles under my shoulder blades or something like that

nvm im actually retarded, the sternum is in the front

That's a loooooot of bad experiences.

1. Always warm up with deep stretches. Always. (lean heavily into the dip bars)
2. Always start with a couple bodyweight dips. (two or three sets of slow 5's)
3. If you experience pain and it didn't go away after the bodyweight sets, STOP. Otherwise continue.
4. Pyramid up. Don't start with your workload.
5. Do your working sets
6. Cool down! Couple of bodyweight dips, couple of stretches. DONE

Dips are one of my favorite exercises. When my shoulders are properly warmed up and not exhausted from previous exercises, dips are the greatest. Great chest activation, great tricep activation, look like a badass.

It's not an actual C, since your upper torso and head are straight. From the waist down however, try to form a C.

>From the waist down however, try to form a C.
thats physically impossible.