Shoulder health

Reposting this

I think my left shoulder is fucked atm.

If I do an outwards rotation like a facepull, it painfully cracks, although the pain level varies from almost nothing to a lot. Feels like a nerve or something pinching. If I rotate my shoulder backwards it loudly clicks, does not stop, unlike if I crack my fingers. Sometimes if I shrug I can feel my shoulder sort of move in a weird noticeable way inside.

Right shoulder is completely fine. No cracking etc..

Problem with this is if I do my favorite exercise, OHP - sometimes my left shoulder wont extend all the way at the same time as my right shoulder.

What does this sound like?
What can I do?
has anyone been in the same situation? seeing a physo soon but it takes time.

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=7fHf2AsqAdw
youtube.com/watch?v=UtxmEJP6zCM
youtube.com/watch?v=eveYJP1indI
youtube.com/watch?v=q0Elx93duAA
youtube.com/watch?v=hzozw2Aso3M
youtube.com/watch?v=skHV4sTF3hI
youtube.com/watch?v=02HdChcpyBs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I doubt anyone here has medical experience, and even if someone had experience it's almost impossible to tell if your shoulder is fucked badly by only readong about it.

lay off shoulder stuff for a month, slowly do shoulder stretching exercises

if you lift your arm up higher than 90 deg and stretch it back does it pop?

Yeah, it does

Not op but Yes

Where do u feel the pain?

Like completely inside my shoulder, a bit back from the center

m.youtube.com/watch?v=7fHf2AsqAdw
Try this and see how it feels

sounds like you should be resting your injured shoulder until you see a doctor

Impossible to deal with properly but could be:

>missing internal rotation - when the shoulder lacks internal rotation and you try to go into a range that requires it you will either falsely internally rotate or not go any further. This could be why your The Press™ is affected.

>overactive traps can lead to having the shoulder not do its job. when you row, are you pulling upwards or are you pulling your shoulder "behind" the body? This could explain why shrugs hurt you.

It sound like both to me, so switch to single arm dumbell OHP or at least implement and keep the shoulder from shrugging as you extend overhead. If you find a major strength difference, you may have solved the problem (over active trap).

Doing "teacups" for internal rotation will help and you probably need it anyway.

Also stop doing shrugs theyre fucking gay.

I have the same issue and it is still recovering, when I went to the doctor about a month ago he said to rest it for two weeks then I can get back to lifting again that's what I did plus daily stretching,
also, check this out youtube.com/watch?v=UtxmEJP6zCM

well OP, your story sound similar to my story. My shoulder clicks when I'm doing bench press. Clicks when I try to rotate it. When I go through an intenstive weight lifting, I will feel a lingering pain for days, it felt almost like pinch, similar with what you said.

I've gone through MRI and it appears that I had a torn labrum ligament. To fix this, I have to go through surgery to correct it. Recovery takes 4 months with physical therapy 2 times every week to become capable of normal stuff. Right now, my repaired shoulder is a lot more smoother than my other shoulder when I do bench presses. However, it still clicks when I do other movements and produces a small pain. I can't do back squat because my shoulder is still tight so I can't reach the bar that well. (It's improving a lot since the surgery. 3 months after the surgery, I can't even touch my back, but now I can with ease.) My doctor said the actual recovery time is closer to 9 months. I am 5 and half month in right now. Doctor said the clicking should go away in a few months.

So, that's my story for now. I've met with other guy who had the same surgery as I had. He said the surgery was totally worth it. He said after 9-11 months, he could not feel any clicks or pain.

This is describing my problem exactly, Ty user.

In a very similar boat, brother.

SLAP tear in my left shoulder 4 years ago. Had surgery. Was a bitch, took 3 years to fully recovery and not have pain. Still not fully functional (tends to sublux), but recovered to full range of motion and strength. About 6 months ago, I'm pretty sure I did the same thing to my RIGHT shoulder. Waiting until after New Years to get an MRI, because I might as well just blow my deductible out next year instead of trying to hit it twice.

I can't say 100% what it is, but it sounds like good old shoulder impingement. You probably had poor shoulder mobility to begin with, and it got worse pressing with poor form. If you do any type of benching a lot, that's the likely culprit.

The solution is to start doing shoulder mobility exercises and fixing your pressing. MobilityWOD has some great shoulder videos. The guy who makes them is kind of an asshat, but his movements are on point. Just start incorporating these into your warmups.

youtube.com/watch?v=eveYJP1indI
youtube.com/watch?v=q0Elx93duAA
youtube.com/watch?v=hzozw2Aso3M
youtube.com/watch?v=skHV4sTF3hI

yeah, I had SLAP Type 2 tear. Good luck with your right shoulder!

I think I might have to get a MRI soon for my right knee. It always clicks when I squat and sometimes become painful. Ugh.

At least I guess knees are not as complicated as shoulder (only 1 direction of rotation compared to 2 direction of rotation for shoulder)

you're fucked, if you have pain and noise, you have torn one or more important things in there, labrum rotator cuff, etc. You need to stop using it and get proper medical attention.

My shoulders are fucked. I mean FUCKED. By grade 12 I was dislocating my left shoulder every Saturday in rugby it was fucked. I'd dislocate my shoulder in my sleep just from the position I was in and wake up at 3am in excruciating pain.

That's my story.

dude, go see orthopedist if your shoulders are that fucked

I got my rotator cuff fixed on my left, it was torn. Neither have dislocated in about 6 years now but man it was some shit. Imagine being a halfway competent player on a garbage rugby team and knowing if you don't tackle that guy nobody else is going to, or if you don't make this try, these retards won't. I played every week until my shoulder came out.

Now I lift though, but I cringe every time I see OHP.

Rest it. Even for squatting use a SSB or just front squat. I'd stop pressing for a week or two and look into Kabuki strengths shoulder health video

youtube.com/watch?v=02HdChcpyBs

fixed my shoulder pain that sounds a lot like your in literally 4 days. do 50 reps a day and watch it work wonders. do these every time before you work out, if you stop doing them regularly the pain WILL come back.