/plg/ - powerlifting general

A lot better than any of panzer fatty's editions!

Post some dank lifts, PRs, lifting music, form help, programming and everything else under the umbrella of powerlifting. Reminder to untwinkify yourself and if you need some helpful links, ask my good friend, Fat Retard.

Other urls found in this thread:

rawpowerlifting.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/11/World-Mens-Powerlifting-Records.pdf
instagram.com/sammiejohannes/
youtube.com/watch?v=FBJkMla_IeU
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

1st for untwinkification

for my heavy day should i do pause or touch and go?

>almost 2018
>still doing powerlarding
>being a slow beta doing olympic lifting assistance lifts as your sport
>not being a fucking savage maniac throwing barbells above your head
You LITERALLY cannot defend this.

@43792958

>t. Can't c&j 2pl8 or squat 4pl8

>Wah assistance
>wah slow
>wah savage
>frog
I'm gonna be honest, these posts would get to me if it wasn't obviously the same guy every single time

>birthday soon
>plan on spending the day masturbating and drowning myself in whisky like every birthday to take my mind off all the melancholy that comes with a birthday
>only thing worth looking forward to is cashier at the store maybe noticing its my birthday when checking my ID and congratulating me
>realize I fucked up my programming
>Had planned rest day but its instead light bench day
>I'm cucking myself out of my birthday rumination with RPE 6 at best bench pressing

I really just wanna drink myself black out drunk and edge all day but drinking on a training day I just can't make myself do. Do I suffer sober, skip training, or just fucking lift drunk

Strongman is objectively superior to both olympic lifting and powerlifting because of the level of variation involved which means that your training cannot by hyper specific and you must consider other factors such as endurance.
So why aren't you doing strongman?

Qtddiot;
65/105/140/160kg for a top set of five.
Would I be better off running a TM template, Madcow's, etc, until weekly gains dry up or hop on something a bit more complex to start with? Looking for a relatively long term routine desu

I don't fucking know. Why are you posting this in a powerlifting thread instead of a thread devoted to questions which do not deserve their own thread? Why are you posting this question without giving any indication of long term goals?
In any case I'm going to tell you to do a significant (20-48 weeks) hypertrophy block because you probably could use more muscle mass.

>variation makes something superior
No

>only competing in two to three lifts
>implying that this can ever be used to make an accurate measurement of an athlete
>implying that it won't boil down to who has the body type which can most efficiently perform those two or three lifts
>implying that hyper specific strength is in any way more desirable than general strength

YES user LEAVE TWINKDOM BEHIND

got volume day today. have to make up for yesterday which i missed.

10x10 Squats @ 75KG
3x10 Leg Press @ 220KG
4x10 Leg Extension @ Max Weight + 40KG
4x19 Leg Curls @ Max Weight + 20KG
10x10 Bench @ 60KG
3x10 DB Chest Flies @ 20KG
3x10 Triceps Pulldown

4x10*

>TM
garbage for everything but squats

>madcow
garbage period

when in doubt, volume + hypertrophy for 4-6 weeks then hop on a proven routine that ISN'T TM or madcow UNLESS you just HAVE to focus on squat SPECIFICALLY for whatever reason, then TM is fine.

Comment on this:
I've recently stopped doing deadlifts and back squats since the recovery for those two lifts takes way too fucking long (they both destroy the spine)
Now I do high rack high mass pulls and barbell hypers and break-the-weight off the floor deficit isometric pulls and front squats.
by avoiding stressing my spine like a normal full rom dl does, i can hammer my muscles much harder and much more frequently.
do you think i'll see faster gainz now?

then that's not about strength. strongman is basically crossfit for huge guys. olympic weightlifting is more powerlifting since you have to get through huge sticking points. and powerlifting should be the one called weightlifting since it doesn't matter how long it takes you to complete the pull, push, squat. you just have to grind it out.

>deadlifts and back squats
>they both destroy the spine

t. shit form having, totally clueless dweeb who moves bitch weight

front squats is a good idea, also look into trap bar deadlifts.

>strongman is basically crossfit for huge guys

trapbar deadlift is not a deadlift it's a squat

Strength can and should be measured in multiple ways though, both from a standpoint of how much you can output in an instant (see axel clean and jerk/snatch/squat (kind of)) and how much you can output for a significant amount of time (eg yoke walks, log clean and press for reps, axle dl for reps, truck/plane tows for time). It makes more sense to test for both instead of jerking off about how you're a top level athlete while only doing one.

>I don't want to do dls and squats because I am worried about my lumbar spine
>so instead I will do isometric pulls from a deficit and heavy hyper extensions, neither of which carry any potential risk for injury.
>I also for some reason think that isometric deadlifts from a deficit will not be motherfuckers to recover from CNS wise and that this will not influence my recovery

first, learn how to greentext
second, by doing partial range of motion you are shifting the stress slider from your joints/cns/cardiovascular almost entirely to the muscular system.
have you seen those people who try and combine as many different lifts into one lift? for example: pic related
those 'lifts' put most of the stress on the parts of your body that aren't the muscles.
so apply this principle to traditional powerlifting lifts and you end up and close to isometric/negative partial range of motion overload reps.
that means instead of doing 3x5 deadlifts at let's say 405lbs you do a deep deficit of 3 plates where your reps are like 1 inch off the ground because that's all you care about is breaking the weight off the floor. then you go do 8 or 9 plates of high rack pulls just enough to lock out the weight and be able to not pass out while under it.
rack pulls seem like they stress the body a lot but it's very easy to recover from them (I do them every day at the start of my workout).

tl;dr version:

>i *really* don't want deadlift or squat but i DO want to shit up a thread full of people who DO because i need reassurance that my being a pussy is actually okay

tl;dr version of the tl;dr version:

>pussy does mental gymnastics in a powerlifting thread: the post

Goodnight everyone.

Made to squat on BBC

>front squats and high rack pulls are scary

total strawman. not an argument, pussy retard.

stay small little boy

good night :)

I have started following ss. I am confused about the back angle during the squat. It’s mentioned in the book that with the bar you’re probably going to be leaning very slightly foward under load with the bar. How is this initial position different from the point when you first begin the squat, in the middle of the squat, at the bottom of the squat, and as you come back up from the hole? What cues should I be thinking about in my mind to maintain correct back angle?

Back angle should be same for the whole movement. Think about keeping your torso upright

projection is not an argument, squirt.

how sound is c6w for building mass and strength???? I ran it once and i went from 325 pound squat to a 340 pound squat. Is it safe to run again?

No, if you run it again your knees will literally explode and you will be stricken with AIDS.

did anyone save the pic with the kid with weird lanky proportions squatting from the OP of last thread?

ok well im actually looking for advice, are you serious about knee injury?

literally still in the catalog

No I'm not, you'll be fine. Just make sure you eat a surplus.

ok well fuck me then, im on a cut. Will his linear program work fine? or will i have to eat at a surplus regardless. Im not obese, i just have 14 and half inch arms, and sort of a gut.

They're both fine, but you won't be gaining mass if you're cutting.

ok, understandable. Thank you for actually helping

Watched about 12 consecutive hours of breaking bad..
No idea how I never watched this before...

Does this girl have a name or an Instagram?

why are u asking??????????????

Where can i find women with strong legs that watch anime?

I just want to ravage a woman from behind by pulling up her skirt and tearing down her
panties and forcing her to lean against the wall as she submissively bends over and presents herself to me and I have my way with her.

>unlike all other sports, you can't directly train for competition thus making it the sportiest sport of all sports.
I have nothing against strongman, but kys for you logic.

>c6w

Because I think she's cute and she's got the same frame as my girlfriend. Might inspire her to get more into exercise if she knew what she could look like. Why, is this you or your waifu or somethin?

>do raw 1rm total after 3m bulk
>1020 total
>wanted 1090
Fuck at least I got baby's first quads club. I have to cut 20lbs now. All I want is 1500 natty in 3 years.

>just finished week 2 of Garagebro's RSP
>making the jump from 6x3 to 6x4 on squats was hard has fuck
>can feel blood pressure rising at the thought of 6x5 next week
>sweating at the thought of the 5x5 the week after that
I guess I'll just eat more

>baby's first quads club
Doesn't count unless done in an IPF affiliate meet

>1500 natty in 3 years

Whys that funny?

lol fuck off

I'll prolly only hit 1300, but 1500 long term is doable. People start pinning to get past 1600.

>posts in a powerlifting general
>upset that his gym total doesn't count
I'm tired of Veeky Forums posting here

>people start pinning to get past 1600
actually retarded

reminder that strongman is superior to powerlifting and that ray williams is 100% natty

>ray williams is 100% natty

rip got barely over 1600 and quit because everyone was pinning and he didn't want to

LMFAO

1) 1800 is attainable natty, 19-2k if good genetics
2) why would you not want to pin?

>if good genetics
>why would you not want to pin?
ahahahahhahahahahha

rawpowerlifting.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/11/World-Mens-Powerlifting-Records.pdf

Son rip was on steroids. It's literally mentioned by Bill Starr in his book.

he's right, gym totals don't count. I bet you also didn't test your totals and just went for those calculators.

Naw its 1rm tested. I know they were IPF. Good enough for me never enough for you faggots.

What do you mean you know they were IPF? Were they done in a powerlifting competition yes or no?

You have to be a retard not to hit an IPF bench/deadlift and I squat ATG. Piss off larper.

yeah
instagram.com/sammiejohannes/

So they weren't done in a meet then and they don't count.

youtube.com/watch?v=FBJkMla_IeU

3/10 for a second response

m8 I don't know why you're so defensive, gym totals don't count the platform does.
Are you such a brainlet that is unable to understand the difference between the two rather than just the meet rules?

>continues to post in POWERLIFTING GENERAL
Just start a strength training general and all of you can circle jerk over gym PRs

Ty. She's super cute

>make tinder account on whim to shitpost at girls
>swipe right on anything above a 5 that doesn't have Jesus or MAGA in bio
>zero matches
Welp. I mean I'm not a 10 but I'm muscular and okay in the face. :(

If you swipe right on everything tinder fucks you over. Only swipe what you really like

>Not swiping right on MAGA girls

What are you, a faggot?

*thinking emoji*

How much can one realistically progress up natty from a 3pl8 squat in one year? I'm 5'10"/178cm and 187lbs/83.11kg for reference.

Depends on shitloads of variables, leverages, how much you're willing to push weight, outside factors, mentality, programming that works for you and luck (Whether you get injured etc)

E.g I pushed my squat from 110 to 200 in 1 year but then again i'm a good squatter and bencher manlet meanwhile my DL is only 210

I hope those squat numbers are in kg lmfao

it's in tonnes actually

kek

Help! What went wrong?
I have a small sharp pain in lower back after this lift. Slight discomfort when moving around. Am I fucked? What do?

What I have so far: Barbell rolling forward before lift, hips go up first and upper body later > lifting from lower back. Not symmetrical, right first then left.
I need to be more tight and go up in 1 movement. Lower the weight and practice this.

i cant tell if you are memeing here

stop rounding your lumbar before you start the lift you fkin dummy you slipped a disc. you can clearly see it

>towel?
>knees cave in slightly
>not exen extended fully. no lift

Also what's up with those giant plates? Are you 5 feet tall?

This has to be a meme, m8 you're rounding there like fuck.
Work on your form you're also not locking out and what the fuck is with that towel?

lol that towel

those are bumper plates bro have you ever stepped foot inside a gym

the're comfy as fuk too you can drop them all you want even throw them nothing happens

I know it's a failed lift. Never said I made it.
Towel for grip I know I need to switch + already training for better grip.
Im 179cm, dont know about the plates

Knees cave in noted.

Rounding lumbar before lift noted. I don't know why I do it but I remember seeing it somewhere and probably understood it wrong.

>Those legs
>That upper body
>That DL form
Man Deadlift truly is the twink lift.

>Towel for grip
>He's already doing mixed grip
I can't see any signs of chalk are you chalking up?

No chalk
Normally I don't use anything, but 1 time I used a towel for a PR which worked. Since then using a towel for PR's and cba to buy chalk. I should buy chalk.

you do it because your legs are weak as fuk

and if youre meming go fk urself u bozo

actually so is the bench, if you have short arms you just arch a fuckton with a medium to wide grip now the rom is 2 inches and youll outbench everyone. If you got long arms is the same for the deadlift.

the squat is truly the goat lift, best demonstrator of strength