Anti-depressant/prescriptions

I just got prescribed effexsor and another prescription for anxiety with almost no questioning. I feel like I might truly be a 4-6/10 on the depression scale but will this shit fuck me up worse than just pushing through without? Any of you guys fuck with that shit? Does it make lifting worse or better?

pic related

Other urls found in this thread:

sendspace.com/file/ntznt8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Fucking Bazuso?

Don't fall for the fucking antidepressants meme. It's not a "cure", it's a kneejerk reaction and will fuck you up when you get off them.
Just keep going, if you fail, don't break down, just take a step back and try again in a way thats sligtly easier.

Maybe it takes a few months, maybe it takes a year, maybe it takes 3 years, but it gets fucking better. Life is LONG.

THAT'S BAZUSO, ALSO KNOWN AS THE 30 MAN SLAYER!

ALSO KNOWN AS THE BEAR SLAUGHTERER!

I l

He killed a bear with his BARE hands!

5 years ago I was put on viibryd and it gave me anhedonia. Today I still have anhedonia and cannot fix it.

just take it, dude.
if you don't like the effect stop taking it.
don't be the guy that keeps whining about his depression. do therapy, take meds, fix your life and be happy

None of those drugs are there to help you. They are poison that numbs you. If you do take them, then stop posting on anonymous imageboards and at least move to reddit or something. You are on the Veeky Forums board, use it to get healthier so once you stop feeling like shit all the time you can stop being depressed for a change.

OP I was in your exact position not too long ago. You just gotta push through. It will get better. I'm lucky I wisened up and chose to not take them.

Stay away from that shit, it will make you worse.
Lift, gain life experience. That's how you'll climb out of the depression hole.

depression is a meme. Fix your life, eat healthy, socialize, go outside, exercise and reach goals. Ive never known someone with depression that does all these things.

Fucking kek

Prescribing medicine willy nilly is a sickness of our time.

My depression and anxiety kicked back up again after years and it became so bad, especially the physical symptoms (feeling ill/sick, cramps, hot flashes/chills, nerve pain, headaches, heart racing) shooting up all day, that I decided to face the fact tgat I need help. I checked myself into a clinic. I negotiated no drugs and we settled on a small dose of 7.5mg Mirtazapine before bed, to at least help me get sleep and have more appetite so I dont die of exhaustion.
I participate in daily behavioral therapy and am slowly stopping taking it now and sp far its going well. Even feel fit enough to go to the gym again.

It's a hard process but do it. Seek proper help and not some (((shrink))) and work with esucated staff to improve your condition. I hope you read this and find it within you to keep at it and stay strong

Not doing those things is an effect of depression, not a cause. People often stop pursuing these things and its a warning sign they don't see after theyre too far gone.

I agree that many depressions are just a meme but there are cases that need proper understanding and help, so they can get back on track

Megadose Niacin for a week.

THAT'S JAKE, ALSO KNOWN AS THE 30 CU-BULK MASTER!!!

I was on it for 1 year several years ago. It fucks with your brain, makes you not care about life or lifting.

On effexor, just like you, and I had serious withdrawal symptoms. I gradually halved my dose, but I was in bed for 2 weeks seeing lightning and getting the shocks.

Only then did I realize how bad those drugs are.

Try taking them for some months (4+). It takes a while for effects to be noticeable.
I was on escitalopram+benzos for 18 months or so, and while I felt okay I just didn't want to depend on pills for (probably) the rest of my life so I just decided to stop taking them.
I still have social anxiety but I'd rather try to push through it.
Gauge whether or not it's worth it for you to keep taking them after giving it a try, you won't know otherwise.

Depression medication is always all just stuff that increases/is serotonin? You know, you could try to fix it with foods perhaps, or find natural serotonin enhancing things. Its probably very unlikely that your hormones are just broken or something. SEROTONIN

QUIT YOUR DAWDLING, YOU COWARDS!
DEFEAT HIM AND EARN THE BOUNTY!

I got prescribed trazadone (trittico) this week for depression and insomnia. At 50mg I side effects (even more tired than usual throught the day) but still cant sleep and at 100mg I get even stronger side effect but I can sleep. My main complain was the fatigue and these pills make me even more fatigue so I'll stop taking them. Gonna ask my pshyiatrist to give me some buproprion next time. It sounds very promising.

SSRIs work on serotonin. It's thr most popular type of anti depressants but not the only type. And while I do agree that anti depressants are over prescribed, advice such as "just lift bro" and "just take zinc and vitamin d lol :P" wont work for everybody. Im 23 years old, I've tried all meme methods that are supposed to help with depression but most of them didnt do shit. Now I cant cope with it anymore and I started taking meds fully aware of the risks.

Have you done the basic things like checking your vitamin levels? Maybe even jogging? And if its not chemical then its most likely part of pic related.

My body is at a peak, 100% of perfect functioning more or less, with perfect diet and good exercise. But I know exactly why I am sometimes sad, or get these watery eyes. Fuck. I have no one I could trust, or even love and I get disgusted easily by people. So thats one mark off the pyramid lol.

I only had basic blood work done and my MCV was high which indicates b12/folate deficiency. I started taking active forms of those vitamins and for the first 2 weeks my life long fatigue and sinus problems were 100% GONE. However they stopped working and I could only get the same effect back by increasing the dosages but eventually that also stopped working and I started feeling bad again. When I start taking those vitamins I get similair (but weaker) reaction but I always start feeling bad in a couple of days. Gonna get a methylation panel done when I can afford that because I believe a broken methylation cycle is the cause of my problems, until then I'm gonna cope with anti depressants.

Temporary increases in happiness...because you perform better go away because your brain gets used to them. Jesus dude. Just because "They stop working" doesnt mean that the actually do. If you are performing at a higher mental level, with a lesser degree of fatigue or pain, then you get used to that.

But it becomes harder and harder to be unhappy once you start getting your biological base right. I mean shit. I fell in love with some dumb girl, but I still am happy enough to work a demanding job, and I manage to sleep well enough again. Thanks to the healthy biological base I still get wet dreams, good moodswings, forget her often enough. Only when I am alone again it sets in on whom I like most...

But if you were to make a diary of sorts, and objectively go through actual negative experiences of your life, you would see that when you fix the biological base, the negative feelings would go down.

There is also this clinical depression test, forgot the exact name, even has a dumb abbreviation.

Oh...well it was part of this very helpful book

sendspace.com/file/ntznt8

its one of the few books that has no jewish psychoanalytic crap. You should read it. Fuck, maybe I should again lol.

The only anti-depressant you need is test. Seriously, once I hopped on the bicycle all my negative emotions disappeared. I was always moody before, now I feel content.

Cant open the book on my phone but I'll try to open it on computer later. Thanks bro.

Pharmacyfag here, been in the industry 10 years now.

Yes, it's gonna fuck you up. I've watched countless people get pulled into the cycle of guessing which ssri/maoi/benzodiazepine is helping them. It doesn't end unless you decide. Whatever your problems are, anxiety, depression, apathy, etc, you must first start by examining what triggers these feelings. It could be anything from the people you are surrounded with, the daily tasks you do that bring you no joy, the socioeconomic slot you are currently in. First start there, and figure out what realistic goals will end these struggles. Maybe you need to leave your gf/friends, maybe you need to get a different job. It might not be easy but none of it will matter when you are happy.

Yea, I think that I read somewhere that half of the efforts should be done with medication (probably less applicable in your case) and the other half with this non jewish stuff. I went through the methods in this book but found out that I have few of the problems described. I may most likely have OCD. Along with the lack of the yellow bar on the pyramid lol. Not much to help me there. Rank medium on the depression scale as well...well I hope you have better luck than me.

The thing is, sometimes people need a push to get their brain chemistry out of a rut. While antidepressants may be overperscribed, if OP is depressed, I wouldn't disqualify it out of hand. When you're really depressed and your serotonin levels are low it's hard to jumpstart the brain into regular mode where you can even FEEL like you can succeed in something. Especially when anxiety is taking a toll on the body.
OP, I hope you at least try, an

*and get better
(fuck)

>taking an antidepressant to treat depression that you aren't 100% certain is the result of a chemical imbalance

Great work all around desu

These drugs are like gambling. It may help you, it may not, or it may even make you even worse. You just can't tell without making yourself into a guinea pig. Just don't, user.

t. (((Psychiatrist)))

Was Bazuzo bloatmaxxing?

Dude was probably eating the people he killed so yeah.

Wrong thread boyo