Machines vs free weights?

I'm tired of trying to sort through the fucking bro science. Will I get more gainz from using free weights instead of machines or what?

it depends on the exercises, generally free weights are better but if you are doing something like abs, machines allow you to train much faster in my experience.

Doesn't matter if you're doing a half-assed training with any of them.

Nobody EVER has said that you should be focusing on machines only you fucking faggot shit.
>I'm tired of trying
NEVER GONNA MAKE IT

Machines should only be used if you have some kind of a condition that prevents you from using free weights (injury or being a faggot like yourself) or as an accessory

Free weights are better.
You literally can't make gains unless you feel the threat of snapping your back in half from squats/deadlift or getting decapitated from bench.

short answer? use machines if you're not confident in your form. use free weights if you're fine with form and not a fucking bitch.

i use machines with legs a lot, but i'm sure a lot of anons use them a ot with their routines. depends on you're routine. there's literally no difference you're still lifting weights

Machines are like the beta males of the gym, easy, never challenging, Never improve you, bitches use them to feel good

Free weights are alpha, they improve you, they don’t forgive shitty form, challenging, rewarding, and only high quality people are seen using them

>what is bad form

where on earth have you read anything that says machines are better?
imagine pressing in the smith machine. you can press on the y axis. the machine makes it so movement, stabilizing or otherwise, in the x and z axis is impossible. this is bad. free weights are better.

Machines exercises complement free weights exercises. Not the way around. But mainly on things they aren't good at, like isolating certain muscle groups.

X2 on this

Free weights to start a workout, machines to finish it

Use machines for assistance and isolation work

Completely agree this is the way to go for the purpose of bodybuilding/Aesthetics

agreed. going high reps on the leg press has really built my outer sweep (VMO).

bodyweight

>there's literally no difference you're still lifting weights

t. completely clueless, totally ignorant, laughably uneducated moron who lifts bitch weight

>Only machines
You'll end up looking like VG, but hopefully less green

>Only free weights
You'll end up looking like Klokov if you try hard enough

when i fuck your mom face up and ass down

if you are new: machines

experienced lifter: free weights

Freeweights > Machines

/thread

There, simple as that. user listen to this guy.

Pretty much this.
>machines for warmup
>free weights for actual routine
>cable+attachment for some isolation (mainly shoudlers and arms)

the big dudes at the gym use gyms for esoteric excersises, but still bench 2 pl8 and dead 4.

the middle tier dudes use free weights exclusively, along with the lat pull down, and tricep extension or do face pulls lol.

the small dudes, women, or old folks use machines exclusively and play with 20-40lb dumbbells.

either way, you just need to blaze it 420 and get up in there and feel your muscles explode before u fucking leave brahhh

whoops i meant to say the big dudes uses MACHINES for esoteric shit

Eh you can break your shit up even with excellent form

Read the sticky.

NO MACHINES
NO ISOS
ONLY SQUATS AND OATS

>He doesn't start with workout with classic Barbell, dumbbell and calisthenic movements

>he doesn't finish his workout by reaching genuine failure on machines

not gonna make it