What's the root cause of obesity and how can we put a stop to it?

what's the root cause of obesity and how can we put a stop to it?

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=YpllomiDMX0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Less testosterone and lower activity levels are the root.

Education.

Gluttony

animal products

go vegan

>how can we put a stop to it?

Why tho?

Cortisol

self control is dissipating at an alarming rate

Too much free time

Capitalism

U/ACC

Sedentary lifestyle
Calorie dense diet via high carbs, refined flour and sugar in fucking every product

Fix it by keeping your kids from getting hooked on vidya and tv, make them play sports (competitively, all year from a young age until they leave your house) and instill healthy habits early. find a woman who will actually put some effort into cooking healthy protein and vegetable based meals. Be an example.

Ain't shit you can do about anybody but you and yours.

Going vegan just to lose weight is like selling the house due to a rat infestation. You can be a fat unhealthy fuck as a vegan, no problem.

THICC

is this a trick question? eating too much. calories in > calories out.

What's happening in this picture?

What, you want like geopolitical context or something?

Someone wasn't gay. It's our final warning. Start sucking dick. And eat my onions.

>Rise in obesity likely due to decline in obesity
What did he mean by this?

This far in and only one person has said food

jesus christ. What is wrong with people? Of course it's fucking food and eating too much, stop trying to make it out as if it's some strange phenomenon, you know why you're fat.

Russian hetero-commando fighting off a horde of gays

Didn't know corn syrup was extracted from meat.

One thing we can do is not give any welfare or any other sort of state support to people with self inflicted injuries and illnesses, including but not limited to obesity and any health problem that can be demonstrated to have been proven by a person's obesity.

I'm not against welfare but fat people (and other scum of the earth with self inflicted injuries) are abusing the system. Obviously my solution won't stop obesity, but it will be a big step towards fixing the problem.

After that we need to make nutritional education mandatory in schools. none of this food pyramid bullshit. CICO and macros need to be explained and drilled in. I know people on Veeky Forums for some reason think that people just magically gain commons sense when they turn 18 and so everything is their fault, but the reality is that obesity causing habits are taught as a child so they need to be tackled as a child.

Speaking of which, obese children need to be forcibly removed from their household and the parents punished. Allowing your child to become obese is literally child abuse and it needs to be treated as such.

It's the last straight men trying to survive in 2050.

Lack of basic nutritional education
Insidious misinformation campaigns
Getting people hooked when they are young on quasifoood/drugs
Incentivizing and lionizing sloth and bodies that are afflicted with overabundance syndrome
Lack of activity and making that into an heroic feat.
Stimulation that would take physical and emotional effort being easily attained through simple effortless means
Absolute retardation and scumbaggery of the fitness and dieting and nutrition and medical industry.

Basic nutrition is needed
Denigrate sloth gluttony and the kinds of foods that lead to overweight and unhealthy bodyies
Basic fitness knowledge is needed. No I don't mean the programs that are pushed here.
Just simple activity to get people basically fit
Make physical activity and doing things the hard way in certain situations more appealing to people. Like going for a 15 minute walk to and from the local corner store or library.
Playing with friends outside.
Etc etc.

It's a combo of
lack of education.
Instant gratification chasing
An unhappiness with life
Self loathing

Obesity in most cases is a self reduced symptom of low quality of life.

I mean you do get fat fucks who just chase oral pleasure but as a whole it's one or more of the above.

No lol.

Society's ability to store food. Destroy technology and make fatties walk to those berries and go hunting again. Problem solved. Added bonus is that with no computer, we will have no other choice but to go socialize.

>what's the root cause of obesity and how can we put a stop to it?
wellfare.

>over fed as a child
>stomach stretches, stimulating grehlin response, reducing satiety, encouraging overeating
>fatties can't tell difference between lack of satiety and hunger, as food is abundant and starving is rare
>fat causes hormonal damage, low testosterone production, and aromatisation of what there is.
>low testosterone increases fat storage
>poor diet, lack of fibre, too much fat leads to poor lipid profile, increase of leptin levels
>increased leptin makes obese people actually believe they are starving when they haven't eaten in a few hours (hormonal signals to brain say they are)
>fatty reeees about starving
>binge eats, including stealing food from others
>entire situation becomes compounded by a society which has started to tell them that this diseased state is normal, or worse yet disirable.

Answer, purge.

Jews, as per usual

My family has never been on welfare and yet I am still obese.

parents not giving a fuck what their kids eat AND people not fucking moving all day

>what's the root cause of obesity
I stopped being skinny once I realized that I will always be a friendless virgin. I'm losing weight since I realized how shitty eating like shit makes me feel but it doesn't change the fact that I have no reason to live.

>Answer, purge.
Bulimia doesn't make anyone lose weight it just gives them more room to eat.

>Lack of basic nutritional education
>Insidious misinformation campaigns

These two are one of the main reasons I've observed. A lot of people think that the calories in a bag of chips is what's in the entire bag and not per serving.

>firstly and most importantly, lack of nutritional education
>lots of calorie dense feasts being viewed as a "snack"
I mean just think about it, for lunch I eat about 500 - 600 calories, and that's less than a bag of chips. However my lunch will keep me full MUCH longer while a bag of chips will barely help with hunger. It's even worse if we're talking about chocolate/sweets - that shit fucks with your insulin and makes you even hungrier.
>refined carbs and processed foods being the norm.
Why white bread and white pasta is the norm instead of whole wheat varieties, oats and such is beyond me.
>lack of exercise/movement
It's definitely a factor, but I think food and calorie intake is more important.
>greed and gluttony also becoming a norm, a standard serving of food is significantly bigger than it should be
>people being lazy fucks who eat fast and restaurant food instead of making their own meals

I think those would be the main few reasons.

Purge the fatties, not have the fatties purge.
Most of them are beyond redemption.
Even those who turn themselves around, they will continue to suffer from the damage they have done, craving food, knowing they could have avoided it all, and dealing with sagging skin.
For them, it may well be a kindness to end it.

HFCS

>Even those who turn themselves around, they will continue to suffer from the damage they have done, craving food, knowing they could have avoided it all, and dealing with sagging skin.

as an ex fattie, I can tell you you're full of shit.

A lot of fatties don't have loose skin after losing weight. You sound like a fucking liberal that only considers planets fat.

pls share a link to this comic

Subject is root cause of OBESITY, and long term fat cunts have already done damage, and longer you leave it, the less likely your skin is going to go back to normal.
But that's just one physical effect.

I sound like an edgy faggot but I think a good big war would toughen up a lot of cunts today. Especially if it came to our borders.

This

How is that edgy? Mandatory service would solve the NEET Question.

You'd still all be virgins and roastie enablers.

Because despite saying that I'm enjoying a care free lifestyle slaving away at a job peacefully.

>rise in obesity likely due to decline in obesity

Does anyone have a close enough font to change the three "bod"s to "fat"?

You're right. It's the jews. The jews are making people fat.

>Rise in obesity likely due to decline in obesity
I almost had a stroke trying to read this correctly

More calories in than out

Mandatory service would create a veteran's crisis and the soldiers that actually experienced trauma and injuries overseas would be getting less care and displaced by the losers that were forced to do low-tier work and desk jobs in the military because its too expensive to field them all as soldiers.

I can't believe you would recommend something that would result in LESS benefits for the already underpaid veterans

>sedentary lifestyle
>underestimating calories in food
>ignorance of daily caloric requirements
Americans in particular have the issue of pairing up their fast food meat puchases with calorie heavy soda, fries, and a dessert item.
People that only get a sandwich from fast food dont seem to be as fat as those who get a combo

People

weak will and to answer second part of your question - let the weak-willed die, just as it was throughout most of history, state should stop supporting suiciders and people who voluntarily destroy their health

i'm starting to think that this whole vegan thing going on here on Veeky Forums is either /pol/ false flagging to make us hate vegans or vegans are truly the stereotypical annoying cunts they seem to be on the internet.

Sweeteners being in everything we consume.

I would also like to know
I know it's part of a meme but I'm curious whats going on there

I will make it my mission to kill all smokers.

Full answer
"The Aetiology of Obesity" (six part series)
m.youtube.com/watch?v=YpllomiDMX0
Short answer: Eating too often and eating too many highly refined carbs (white flower) and sugar.

A lot of what goes on here is false-flagging, but that doesn't stop the fact that insufferable vegans are real and post here as well.

BREEEEHHHHHHHSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

My country isn't very obese so idk
I'd guess an unhealthy relationship with food, I know in america you drink soda for lunch and shit, and instead of eating school food for free you have to buy it, meaning a lot of families will get a less healthy but less expensive option.
Obesity starts with unhealthy habits from a young age, if your parents feed you mcdonalds every day you're gonna be fat.
My parents relegated sugar and sweets to saturday only, and nothing else, fed me vegetables, potatoes and home cooked food.
So yeah, shitty habits from parents.

The root cause is lack of self control. To fix it we need to remove the things that enable society to live lives without self control.

Can confirm, I know a very fat vegan couple. All they do is eat fucking bagels and drink booze.