Why do prisons give prisoners weightlifting equipment?

Why do prisons give prisoners weightlifting equipment?

They put dangerous people in a cage where all they can do is work out all day, then these guys get super fit and go around raping newbies.

Why not ban all physical activity from prisons so they become skellies and can't beat anyone up anymore?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Retjb0RAwHs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

true desu

weights are banned in california

because the goal of prisons to rehabilitate people, and once they get out they can work more jobs if their jacked.

Feed them nothing but soy, buzzfeed articles and give them cardio machines and let's see what happens.

You sound scared. Try not being a gaping vagina and everything will be ok.

Because if they weren't working off their energy getting jacked then there'd be even more rape happening.

If they just made criminal records confidential then they'd have an easier time getting jobs and reforming.

Lmao.

They’ll do Kali Muscle towel rows.

0/10

I'd rather have a jacked healthy prisoner vs. A desperately mentally disturbed one with nothing to lose. Ppl who arent physically fit are mentally disturbed, nty

true, but I think violent crimes should be on some record.

Prison isn't hell because of the living conditions, some of these people probably have lived in worse places.
Prison is hell because of boredom, and once you get desperate enough you'll do anything to entertain yourself.
Without something to do these places get fucking nasty really quick, giving the inmates weightlifting equipment keeps them relatively healthy and entertained.

Don't worry they nip it in the bud by feeding the inmates a 100% carb diet

Or don't be a retard and you won't have to reform

i kinda have the same train of thought. it's fucking boring. but aren't there cooler alternatives like basketball or something?

This

they don't
dad served a decade for agg. assault w/ deadly weapon for slashing a guy's stomach open with a pint handle in a bar
they feed you nothing but stale bread and watery vegetable soup
you get hazed by guards if you try to work out
they keep you in the cell almost all day so that you can't do anything
there is no rape, it's all consensual

they want a bunch of weak, lazy, gay dullards who are easy to control. the last thing you want as a prison is a bunch of machomen pumping iron and eating big

What’s better, to be born good or overcome evil with great effort?

They need something to keep them occupied so they don't constantly riot. Most of the guys in high security prisons are manly men or at least they want to appear that way, so put a set of weights out in the yard and they will get used.

Not to mention that weight sets last a damn long time with no maintenance required, cutting costs for prisons. Also good luck trying to hide a 45 lb plate up your ass to use as a weapon or trade for cigarettes. It's basically impossible for weights to be stolen in a prison environment.

Then there's health concerns. Imagine sitting around for three years in a confined area. You're going to get damn unfit, weights are a perfect exercise that can be done in a small space.

Then there's the fact that you would rather a rapist take out his aggression on the rack then the new guy.

There's a lot of reasons why weights are a good idea. And at the end of the day, a 200lb roid monster goes down to a water cannon just as easily as a skinny DYEL.

>200lb
I meant kg

>prisoners
>overcoming evil
Based on the recidivism rate that is not likely. Virtue is in deeds and acts so being born good is better I suppose
>do good your entire life
>do lots of bad then good later

I very highly doubt that's maximum security. I've worked in a number of prisons here in Australia and I can tell you our minimum security facilities are not too different from this, while our maximum security places are closer to what you'd see in a prison movie (Except less rape. It's mostly consensual.)

I would just give them shit like pic related. No barbells to break or use as weapons.

A couple of the prisons I've been in will restrict certain types and amounts of food to stop inmates getting 4u

i wish my room was this nice

Clean your room you fucking loser. There's nothing "that nice" about the bedroom. It's more basic than your sister.

Didn't they ban weights in prisons recently? They only let the inmates do bodyweight stuff now so they'll ge t a friend to sit on their shoulders and do squats for ex

Source?

sauce for my totally not made up fact i hjeard somewhere or sauce for the pic?

that looks extremely heterosexual

The pic

You get gym privileges for good behaviour. Prisoners tend to behave if you give them something to lose.

Most prisons have basketball as well. Most of the time near the weights.
But if you introduce a new hobby to a convict, like weightlifting, they are less likely to commit crime as they have found something productive to do with their time.

they do get fed tons of soy because its so cheap. every 'meat-style item' they get is mostly hydrolyzed vegetable/soy protein concentrate

shot caller 2017

>he's never taken his anger out on the weights
>he's never taken out his sexual frustration on the weight

That's how you get your dick stuck in weights

>rehabilitate
This, but not for the retarded reason you said.

The goal is to have them invest their energy into something. Lifting, reading, anything.

If you put a bunch of people together without giving them any chance to release their energy in harmless pursuits, they'll do so in harmful ways.

Because it’s a high test environment where the strong rule.
You gotta stay on top

Teaches discipline and self respect, and having a physical outlet helps a lot with stress. Men need to move around and be active

Can you imagine how stressful prison is? Exercise is the best stress relief there is. I don't know about you, but if I'm a prison guard, I'd rather have my prisoners as chill as possible

Did 3 years in med security in Ohio. We didn't get weights but using the equipment we had available I could replicate an entire BB split. Only thing I couldn't figure out was diddlys.

What equipment did you use

The goal of prisons is not punish, but reform those people for when get out to society again. Workout is more than just about muscle, workout is probably the simplest way to discipline yourself and improve as a person.

Pull up and dip bars. We also had 8lbs medicine balls.

Utilizing this shit along with laundry bags, bed sheets, and benchs I could do pretty much everything.

>horizontal ladder

>swedish wall
>is a ladder

>commit crime
>bitch about food
murica is a strange place

>43801061
LMAO like anyone ever got reformed by being stuck 24/7 with psychopaths and criminals

It does happen, but the guys that commit heinous crimes are generally unsalvageable. That guy is a goober though, prison IS meant to punish in addition to all of it's other purposes.

Why has nobody started a meme about how many plates long their dick is?

>not being familiar with stall bars

youtube.com/watch?v=Retjb0RAwHs

No cruel and unusual punishment. Per 8th Amendment.

Jailbird here, been in prison in Australia as well as two 6 month stints in county jails in cali and texas
None of them had free weights of any kind, cali had a pull up/dip bar in the recreation yard though.
Prisoners usually do a lot of body weight exercises and steal trash bags to fill with water for curls etc..
Technically doing any kind of bodybuilding exercises is banned but most guards don't care as long as your not starting trouble. I usually have other inmates stand on my back to do push-ups and I'll squat them as well. That being said, 99% of all prisoners immediately drop working out as soon as they are released

TFW doing chin ups in the pull up station and pull ups in the chin up station

Devilish.png

What's an australian max security prison like? What kind of backgrounds do you find in there, do the guards and prisoners ever chat in a friendly way?

Release aggression