The ultimate argument betweeb my friends

The ultimate argument betweeb my friends.

Why did you guys start lifting?

For me, I started training last year for aesthetics and when I reach my goal I'll start lifting for strength.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=C4YyfAm4LKc
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

you will never reach your goal

t. dysmorphia

>I started training last year for aesthetics and when I reach my goal I'll start lifting for strength
You should do these the other way around

Strength. Twinks will be useless in the coming civil war.

I wanted both. Was inspired to start from watching boxing.

>dat gyno

This guy speak the thruth and it's even worse if you plan to stay natty.

Aesthetic wins every time
You have enough strength to be considered strong, you can fuck chicks all the time, and you can become rich just by maintaining a good physique

I'm lifting for more than just myself, I'm lifting to show that anyone can be healthy. Convinced 2 people so far.

Aesthetics. Used to be a strength fag and I got decently strong but red lined my body as I'm an athlete too. Injuries caught up.

Training for aesthetics don't get injured anymore.

It's kind of a moot point for a couple of reasons.
A) As long as you have some muscle mass the things which matter for aesthetics are muscle belly roundness, insertion points, bone structure, and bodyfat % with the last being the only one which you can really control.
B) Gaining muscle mass is intrinsic to getting stronger. With proper training more muscle is always going to be stronger than less muscle, so any strength/athletics program worth a damn which is not named the Bulgarian method will include significant hypertrophy phases/volume
C) So then long term it becomes a matter of genetics and bodyfat % as to whether or not you look aesthetic, I guarantee the third guy from the left in the strength photo would absolutely mog any one of the guys in the aesthetics photo if he was at their body fat % (and he's not THAT far off either).

i've started lifting (along with cardio) for general health/fitness because i didn't do much exercise at all before.
most of the guys on the bottom are fat, which is bad for your health btw.

Aesthetics is for closeted fags

Strength is for fatasses who want to keep eating

Same, mike Tyson was my inspiration. He may have been a fucking maniac as a person, but as a physical specimen there aren’t a lot of dudes that get more alpha than mike. That and he seems like a genuinely nice guy that’s learned from a lot of his mistakes now

this plan seems dumb.

if you want aesthetics, you want to stay lean year around. if you want to get strong, you want to eat big and get big, and that comes with higher body fat. when you're lifting for strength, there is literally no point to diet to see your abs, so you lose what you'd call "aesthetics" pretty easily.

>Why did you guys start lifting?
Strength, but I also want to cut to look shreded and to be lighter (more power per kilogram, amirite?)

>Newton divieto
heh

So is strength

You can't achieve either of those without fucktons of gear.

And you can't be strong or aesthetic or gain mass without getting stronger and shit tons of volume.

Your little slap fight is between gear abusing fucktards and fags don't drag the true naturals or even athletes into it.

Both I guess? As a natty you have a limit you can reach. If you do bulk/cut cycles then you can have the best of both worlds

third option

>B) Gaining muscle mass is intrinsic to getting stronger.
No, its not. Go learn the difference between CNS and hypertrophy.

Why are muh aesthetics people who worship zyzz always end up looking cringey af

>slowest gains with greatest chance of shoulder fuck up
Go watch a few videos of guys rolling their shoulders and you will never go near calis again.

You do realize there's a limited amount of CNS gains and that after that gains in weight and strength will be due to gains in muscle mass, right?

Just watched a video of a girl ripping her quad from her bone while doing rippeltoe brand power cleans.

I'll stick to basic calisthenics and curlbro lifting.

Primarily to feel more healthy, energized and happy. Secondary to look good for girls or respectable for men. I couldn't care less about strength. I don't even go for max lifts anymore.

There's nothing intrinsically better, we're all gonna be cadavers someday

Just do what makes you feel good and what completes you

>You do realize there's a limited amount of CNS gains
Which takes years of training to achieve and barely anyone on Veeky Forums will ever get close to that point

I know the video you're talking about, that chick was absolutely retarded. She tried cleaning that shit with absolutely awful technique and instead of bailing like a normal person she just drops it on her leg like an idiot.

Do you really think you can ONLY train cns without getting at least SOME hypertrophy?

There are not years-worth of CNS gains you retard, wtf are you talking about. You make most of your CNS gains within the first year at the latest.

She did it exactly like how Rippeltoe suggests.

Fucking third from the right on strength is my goal bod. I want visible muscle and being beeg

Aesthetics to attract women
strength to keep them

>comparing crossfit to actual lifting
Rope

Start juicing then

I literally just want women to find me more attractive. How misguided am I?

Aesthetics. I don't get why anyone would lift for strength. I lift 100% for looks but acquire strength gains over time. I can do 2 plate bench for reps and am stronger than all my friends.

Yes, but being fat and strong makes you the top instead of the pretty buttpuppet that lifts for “aesthetics”

That is actually "real lifting".
That is exactly how Rip taught them to do them.
Bouncing that shit off of your leg is something you're supposed to do.
I guess the gear and stupid as fuck form were a terrible combo eh?

1. Health
2. Aesthetics
POWER GAP
3. Strength

Once you start balding you just say fuck it I'm going to become a disgusting blob of muscle

Cause you’re jelly brah

ignore the new fag

>aesthetics
hair
>strength
bald

I know what I'm choosing

I lift because [blank] and if you don't lift for the same reason I do you are [insert insult about sexuality here]

don't post this again

>bounce
nah she dropped it and crossfit isn't real lifting it's a cult of an abomination

Jesus fucking christ

Real lifting is pretty all lifting except CrossFit, power, oly, I don’t care, just don’t do cardio with weights
Also she absolutely did not do it they way rip teaches it. Her arms were stiff and she upright rowed it effectively slowing down all the momentum her hips generated. If you do it right and your arms are in the right position, you can easily push the weight away if you fail, but if you upright row it against Rip (or literally every coach ever) advice that will happen to you

She did not do that properly at all, if I'm remembering right she literally fucks it up the first time then tries to hang clean it and tries basically doing a cheating reverse curl.

I mean if you look like the bottom pic great, but most strengthfags think they look like bottom pic when in reality they look like bloat
youtube.com/watch?v=C4YyfAm4LKc
>I wear size XXXXL pants because my legs are huge from squats xD

Started lifting for aesthetics
Stayed for the strength

Real strength >>>>>> aesthetics any day of the week. Bonus points if you train for a specific sport (i.e are a legit athlete).

Faggots like you think your so-called 'civil war' will be like some goddamned fucking video game you play sitting in your nice comfy suburban house. It won't, it'll suck ass, you'll get junglefucked, and cry for your mommy like a little bitch just before you get your ass shot to pieces, and die in horrible pain. Stupid faggot.

t. useless faggot

Lifting for aestethics is like buying a car that looks fast, but isn't

No, she actually did that thing where you bounce that shit off of your thigh like Rippeltoe tells them to do.

She fucked it up because it's too goddamned heavy, her ligaments were weak as fuck because the gear made her muscles stronger faster then the connective tissues could handle, and the form was fucking stupid as everyone who even talks about power cleans has said.

'Lifting for aesthetics alone' is painting a racing stripe on a 1973 Ford Pinto and bolting a whale tail on the rear hatch.

>Real strength >>>>>> aesthetics
Naturals can not attain either without the other.

Anyone who tells you otherwise is either a gear head who has no clue as to how naturals function or a fucking imbecile.

>missing the point
I'm saying if you ignore addressing specific weaknesses that ultimately sabotage your body being actually strong in favor of mere 'aesthetics' then you're an idiot.

This is true.

This

This is the most forced analogy I've ever seen. Lol try harder feg

What in god's name are you babbling about you absolute retard.

t. gymcels

>hurr durr I'll just do squatz and deadliftz and eat oats, IT'S GOOD ENOUGH
>all I want to do is bang club sloots
and you're calling ME a retard? LOL

Being strong than most of the population while looking sexy is good enough, powerlifting is dumb but power building is okay

Already married and spent years fucking hos.
Now I lift to be the strongest motherfucker possible.

>powerlifting is dumb
Some of us still like to compete, even in the age of Instagram gym lift faggots.

i do not understand this topic at all.

I’m a natural lifter. All my workouts begin with strength work and are followed by volume accessories, culminating in light isolation work.

I watch my diet, and bulk recomp or cut when appropriate.

So... like another lifter said above, I’m stronger than all my friends, way more strong than I need to be in life. But I grow muscles with volume too.

This topic is faggot.

Compete in what?
It’s not useful at all. The strength needed to lift things in mundane life can be gotten through the quest for aesthetic and you can’t even pull bitches easily anymore

Geared up powerlifter who dropped the powerlifiting and became a fucking bodybuilder =/= powerbuilding.

Powerbuilding isn't even a thing.

I don't even know what you people are talking about.
Gear changes the game.
Gear is the only reason you can even ask this question and is so prevelant and besotted the minds of so many stupid gearheads that the mere idea that this is an impossible to ask question or even thing for normal natural people doesn't even enter into their heads.

>I’m a natural lifter. All my workouts begin with strength work and are followed by volume accessories, culminating in light isolation work.

There's a 100% chance that you look like shit.

>implying you will be weak at zyzz level
You will be a fucking monster compared to the average soyboy, aesthetics also ring strength, thats the beauty of ut

por que no los dos?

I would kindly ask you to remove this picture please. Thanks for your cooperation.

Power I want be stronk

Its both

Started lifting in 5th grade to lose weight
>mfw 18 and still unhappy with my body
>mfw kids I know sit around and eat chicken tendies and are washboard meanwhile I have to bike 3-5 miles and go up 1200 steps every day while also feeling bad about my diet
Fuck god sometimes man

It’s almost as if people have different goals and motivation when it comes to shaping their bodies. Fuck.

You retard she wasnt on gear she's clearly a retarded novice who committed to a lift she could never make, barbell smashed on he quad in a stretched position and tore it, case closed, reading a few things online doesn't make you a steroid and lifting expert

>Gear

user he has pecs, you have gyno.

You're an idiot, a few weeks on the Bulgarian method will get you all the cns adaption you can ever get. Perfecting your form can help you lift more and can take years(if you're an idiot) but having good technique does not mean you're stronger.

did that put a dent in her leg, or was that just black residue?

>Being stronger than most of the population is good enough
If you're not going to aspire to be the best then you probably won't even reach mediocrity. You should have a desire to dominate any field you enter, even if it never happens, so that t least you will always be pushing yourself to your limits and beyond.

And who knows, you might even make it there.

I still have the dimple in my ass where the fall protection straps dug into me when I fell off the rail car.

Jeez I wonder why most of them are bald fucks

>obese powerlifters: "b..b...but Imma lifting for muh health!!"
>aestheticfags: "b...b...but muh lifting for girls!"
Nah, I do not lift for either. This is why cardiofags are superior. At least they admit they enjoy the cardio high instead of making up some bullshit excuses.

I always answer like that... I like to lift up heavy things and put it down again.

she snapped a quad tendon

>greatest chance of shoulder fuck up
>not deadlift

>athletes don't use gear
>you need to be roiding to get ripped or strong
There's a few that are clearly on gear in there, but there's also fat dudes and little twinks with 12' bis.

Get off your ass and eat big and train enough that it doesn't make you fat.

War ain't pretty but if the shit hits the fan, a lot of us are prepared for a pretty long and nasty haul.

Neither. I started exercising for my health. Stop with your dumb binary shit reasons. I lift to help with stabilization and running, cycling, and swimming help with pain

lot of HGH going on in the bottom pic, and a lot of Tren going on in the top

I lift because I used to be a fatty serious body image issues. I am talking literal, diagnosed by a doctor, body dysmorphia.

All my life people tell me "Oh you shouldn't be working out because you hate yourself. You'll still hate yourself after, learn to love yourself the way you are. No one will like you if you don't like yourself blah blah blah" I heard this shit every single day of my life. Throughout my teen years it was enough to keep me from ever seriously going to a gym.

Man, people are fucking dumb. When I finally got motivated to work out I started feeling better about myself only weeks after. Looking in the mirror I actually LIKED the way my body was developing, even though the change wasn't that big at first. Looking back at my old pictures now, years later, I realise I wasn't as fat as I thought I was when I looked in the mirror. But changing my body even a little completely cured my dysmorphia. I feel so good about myself now, I'm out enjoying life, my confidence has picked up, I actually like myself.

At least I learned never to take anyone's advice except my own. All these fatties telling me to "Listen to my body and eat what I want", when all the time my body was telling me EXACTLY what it wanted and I was ignoring it. And what these fatties were actually saying was "eat shit even if you don't want to".