Veeky Forums recipes

Guys please, Im fucking vomiting with whey mixed with water (no milk cuz cutting atm). Throw me some recipes so I can use the whey. I've remember there was a neat recipe for protein bars. Help me out.

bump

How bad is that over/under grip for deadlifts? I hear its not good to do because it can cause an imbalance in the muscles. Is this true or not? I was doing DL today and using that grip is so much easier than a standard grip.

Here's one
>don't be a little bitch

gee thx, how helpful
kys

It's called mixed grip, and it can lead to some imbalance, but only if you solely do the same supinated/pronated hands and never switch. Also it'll take a long time for anything visibly noticeable to occur, you'd have to lift pretty heavy and pretty often.
Basically, the difference is close to negligible as long as you alternate you hands, there's more important things to worry about desu

Its honestly fine. Plenty of strong, smart people use it to great success. People talk of the danger of muscle imbalances, but I haven't really seen any actual examples of it. Jesse Norris uses mixed grip for deadlifts and double overhand for shrugs, and he hasn't struggled with imbalances.

There's also the risk of a biceps tear, but that can be avoided by not trying to curl your deadlift.

It's true. Mixed grip makes you rotate your torso. Learn hook grip.

either your whey is shit-tier or you're being a goddamn delicate pussy
probably both.
is right, just deal with it.

Use unsweetened almond milk it's 30 calories.

Unflavoured yogurt + oats

use better tasting whey faggot

I use that optimum nutrition mocha cappuccino and it feels like a cheat meal

You should warm up using double overhand grip until you can no longer grip it because the bar starts to rotate. This will help develop your grip strength. Once the weight gets heavy enough you now have 3 choices.

Mixed Grip:
Since your hands are facing opposite directions it prevents the bar from rotating in your hand.
Pros: easy, doesn't hurt, grip more.
Cons: asymmetrical, increased chance of bicep tear, potential for bar to swing away from the body.
To prevent imbalances just alternate hand directions each set and flex your triceps to keep a straight arm so the chance of a bicep tear is pretty low. However due to it being asymmetrical it's hard to get similar lat activation/back tightness. There's a reason people do pullups, rows with hands facing the same way. Next time you're in the gym try a mixed grip barbell row or pullup and you'll notice.

Hook grip:
Wrapping your thumb around the bar then wrapping your fingers over the top of your thumb trapping the bar in your hand.
Pros: can grip a lot more, decreased chance of bicep tear, symmetrical
Cons: painful, hard to learn/build a tolerance, increased chance of thumb dislocation, harder for small hands
I would suggest learning hookgrip asap before your deadlift gets strong enough so you can build up pain tolerance over time. It's the best grip for a symmetrical strong setup position and gripping the most weight you can.

Straps:
Pros: will be able to grip more than you can even pick up & easy on the skin of your hands
Cons: ineffective at increasing your grip strength
I suggest getting a pair of straps for when you're doing high rep/high volume deadlifts to go easier on your hands or in case you hear a callus/ skin off your hands so you can prevent it from getting worse and still continue your workout.

press them into pills and take em like that

Greek yogurt tastes fantastic with some whey or casein powder mixed in.

Also you can make some scrambled eggs with cottage cheese mixed in for even more protein.

Excellent post, just thought I'd adress a minor point.

In my experience, alternating hand directions between sets just feels incredibly strange, so much so that it threw me totally off and affected the entire movement. Eventually I just stopped trying that as it was such a giant hassle.

But maybe I'm just a weak-willed faggot, and it would've gotten better if i just stuck with it.

mix with oatmeal and cinnamon

put half a banana and half an avacado.

Water and protein tastes good tho

What the fuck is going on in that webm? It looks like a live action SIR comic.

Yoooo is this the UTD gym?