I'm most likely depressed, or in some way chemically fucked. I can't get out of bed, I can't go to school...

I'm most likely depressed, or in some way chemically fucked. I can't get out of bed, I can't go to school, I can't even use my computer without automatically typing in 'youtube' in the search bar for my daily endless stream of dopamine.

What I can do, is go to the gym. There's no doubt about it. I pack the bag, go gym and get it done. Then I get home and back to the usual business of nothing.

Anyone else suffering from this fuckery? I only ever feel real satisfaction while at the gym. I don't want to socialize, I even stopped jerking off because I'm never aroused. But gym is all fine and well. I can't figure shit this out.
What the fuck can I do to get out of this and enjoy life. This board and the gym is all that brightens my day.

Other urls found in this thread:

bbc.co.uk/news/health-41608984
userpage.fu-berlin.de/schuez/folien/Krohne_Stress.pdf
opentextbc.ca/introductiontopsychology/chapter/15-2-stress-and-coping/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Yeah.. my day consists of going to the gym, then back home and doing literally nothing. I haven't been out with friends as long as I can remember. However, I only go to the gym 3 days a week, and you can Imagine what my rest days look like. Even more depressing.

Enjoy it while it lasts, OP.
Going to the gym has been my only activity for 5 months now.
Since a few weeks I can't even go to the gym anymore. Also not eating so RIP gains.

What are you afraid of?

It's even worse that you guys also seem to struggle with this. Why do I want a healthy and strong body without the benefits that come with it, such as social life.

I've considered getting bloodwork done to see if I'm fucked in a hormonial sense. Other than this, I don't know. Life seems just empty.

You gotta get out of your house ASAP. When I come home after working out if I don't leave the house in the next 15 minutes or so I can guarantee I'll get NOTHING done that day.
I'll automatically start shitposting or watch dumb shit on YT.

Try staying outdoors for as long as possible, go to the library and read some books there, or study, go walk for a couple hours I don't know just get out of your damn house OP.

I'd tell you if I knew. Maybe I don't realise what it is. I just feel like nothing interests me. Not even the most addictive things like sugar interests me. And I think that's saying a lot, just not sure what.

Why does this help? I've never understood what the difference between at home and in school does. I'm just annoyed by the people around me there.

It's just another routine. You must break that working out->come home->sit down in front of the computer cycle. You can't study at home if you associate that particular place with the internet.
Not sure if it makes sense but it works, plus if you go to the library you kinda force yourself to study since everyone there is doing the same.

Sounds like depression, hopefully it'll pass.
I always try to distance myself from my thoughts as much as possible if that helps. You can get addicted to feeling down in a way.

I'll try to unplug all my electronics too. Want them, don't need them...

I'll take your advice on that. Getting out of the house.
Do you think it's possible to re-shape the being-at-home routine too? Like, if I ever am at home the first thing I do won't be youtube...?

The way you said that last sentence about feeling addicted. holy fuck man. if I really consider it, I'm sure I feel a sense of pleasure from punishing myself. this is fucked.

Any tips of getting around depression? If it is what's got me. I can't evaluate if I have it myself... It's not obvious to me at least.

Exact same story here, except I have a home gym. Only leave the house to go to work. At least I don't cry like a bitch on a vietnamese origami website about it.

I switched to PPL just because of this...

This is going to sound corny but 'meditating' has always helped me get through this.
Whenever I feel that I'm too deep inside my own head I always go on autopilot. So I try and distance myself from my thoughts, then I find the motivation to do something new. And just like said I try and go for another routine. I had some texts about this on my laptop but I can't find them right away. I'll posts the links if I do, but that's pretty much what it comes down to to me.

It's absolutely possible user. I disconnected my computer and stored it in my wardrobe to break off that shitty cycle. Went 6 months without internet/pc/phone.
The first month was one of the worse experiences I've ever had since all I had was the internet and videogames.

Did that in early january then by summer I put together my pc again and I didn't even feel like wasting time in front of it.
That was when I broke my "I'll just do nothing all day and when the day when I can't rely on my parents' money comes I'll just kill myself" thought pattern, which is pretty common in NEETS, and I realized that I actually had to live.

However, you'll relapse, I do too. You gotta remind yourself of how you pushed through and do it again.
You're most likely depressed, depression doesn't go away, it comes after a few months even when you think you "beat" it.
Wish you the best.

I'd be up for anything at this point to be honest. Sitting in a mindless blank state seems better than lying in bed listening to loud music for two hours..
Any good sources on how to do meditation?

Thanks user. It bothers me to hear that relapsing seems to be the norm rather than the exception... Digital dopamine addiction is the fucking worst. I'm starting to agree with my parent's uneducated statements that 'computers are bad for you.'

bbc.co.uk/news/health-41608984

Step 1, reset brain with drugs
Step 2, use renewed motivation to address the issues which have caused you to become depressed
Step 3, try to enjoy life

>be depressed and unable to find joy in anything
>get withdrawal symptoms if I'm away from home more than a few hours
>get a job
>after 8 hours of my first day im practically dead inside and want to cry
>few weeks later I'm 11 hours into a 12 hour shift and it's so clockwork I feel like I could work 12 more

turns out doing nothing all day but distracting your brain isn't good for you. not that I'm living a fulfilling life but I'm definitely healthier in the head now

It's sad but that's the truth.
If you do that (you don't really have to cut all contact with electronic devices/internet, just make it harder to get into that routine, I did it that way because I was absolutely fed up and hit rock bottom) you'll be surprised by how much shit you can get done and how strong your will power will become.
As you reduce the amount of hours you waste in front of your pc you'll be less "addicted" and more thoughtful about your time.

At least that's progress. I'd rather live in mundane reality than be stuck in my mind and in the digital. Best of luck to you man

Yeah... Time is an issue. I woke up at 11am and, well, I've been here and it's 2.30pm right now.

I'll try removing all my electronics. I remember coming home one day with my room being quiet and no electronics were on. It made me feel tremendously uncomfortable to the point where I had to start my computer. I guess the thought that it made me so uncomfortable is even scarier.

That's tricky because I learned directly from my teacher and she learned from Thich Nhat Hanh. Yongey Mingyur Rinpoche is also good. But I can brake it down to you because most of what you'll encounter on the web is all Buddhism (and you don't need to be a Buddhist because fuck that).
1)Rythmic breathing through the belly
2)Try to stare at a single point in your room while you do this
3)Try not to think
This is an impossible task, because your brain will automatically try to think after 3 sec, but everytime you get a thought, you just focus back to step 1 and 2
4)every thought you get you just accept and don't try to fight and it'll pass

In a way the breathing and body awareness is the same when you work out. I also do this everytime I go to the gym.

thanks bud, hopefully it's a stepping stone to greater things

The goal is to distance yourself from your thoughts and to feel the present. Can be a bit scary at first when you're depressed but it'll get better.

Thanks. I'll try this out :)

Np

I found some of the research I was looking for in English.
userpage.fu-berlin.de/schuez/folien/Krohne_Stress.pdf
opentextbc.ca/introductiontopsychology/chapter/15-2-stress-and-coping/
The table shows that there are 4 ways of coping. It's not that 1 way is better than the other, research showed that combining all the 4 ways is actually the best way. Though you can be inclined to one or the other.

How much sun do you get? You may be vit D deficient. Try taking a vit D supplement 5000IU each day for a week just before bed and see if it helps.

Oh fuck. I live north. As in, we only get sun two hours a day during winter kind of north.
I guess I should up my intake...

Thanks. I'll read into this. I appreciate it.