Sleep General

Is sleeping 6-7 hours enough if you study & lift hard 5 times a week? Is it healthy?

it's actually a bit of a misnomer that 8 hours is required each night, studies show that 6-8 is average

the important part is how you feel

if your alarm wakes you up you are doing it wrong

Yes user, sleep is healthy.

>tfw need 9+ hours of sleep a night to not be a braindead zombie

Is this legit?

kinda yeah, it means you are staying up later than your body wants you to

if you wake up the same time every day, it should come naturally unless you are pushing yourself to stay awake that extra hour

but if you wake up without your alarm it doesn't mean you are doing it right

like i will wake up 5 minutes before my alarm every single day, even if I slept 3 hours less than I usually do

>it means you are staying up later than your body wants you to

No, it means I'm waking up earlier than my body wants me to.

Yes, it's absolutely enough. The 8 hours meme is 80's momscience. 6-7 is more than enough. Quality sleep is more important than quantity.

It took me months to fix my awful sleep habits. Staying up ate shitposting and playing video games. Waking up late too feeling like shit, sleeping through alarms, etc.

Now I wake up naturally every single day at 4:30-4:45 with no alarm and I feel great and refreshed.
This is the key: go to sleep and wake up at the same time every single day.
At first you need to use an alarm, but after two weeks on going to sleep at the same time you will begin waking up naturally and you can (and should) stop using the alarm.
I go to sleep at 10:00 and wake up around 4:30. If your sleep is as fucked up as mine was, it will take awhile to fix it. Your circadian clock needs to reset and you will feel really tired and want to sleep all day every day for the first few days.

This is correct. Your body needs to wake naturally, which it only does so when you aren't in REM sleep. Often times if you use an alarm it will go off when your body is in the REM (quality sleep) phase and the alarm will basically shock you into being awoken. It is really disruptive to your sleep health and it the reason you will not feel rested.

>Staying up and shitposting

Not I do it early in the morning full of energy

Tbh, if you don't dip below 5 hours every single night, everything should be fine. Assuming you don't go balls to the walls in your workouts and your studies aren't that stressful. You might have to reconsider your intensity, volume, and frequency after a while.

You're probably going to lose a couple of kg off your potential lifting stats, but that shouldn't matter unless you actually compete in powerlifting or something.

t. someone that was balancing training and diet with insomnia and a physical job.

made for B B C

You are COMPLETLY right.BIG BAVARIAN COCK is known to be the ONLY one to be able to COMPLETLY satisfy any women. In fact women all around the world CRAVE the BIG BAVARIAN COCK. They ALL lust to be CONQUERED by a REAL dick and openly fantasize about it EVERY day, to be just ONCE fucked as a REAL women. NOTHING else rivals the BIG BAVARIAN COCK. Women like these were BORN to SERVE the BIG BAVARIAN COCK. Their first instinct is to be BRED by the BIG BAVARIAN COCK, to give BIRTH to their children.

this

Good to know that 13 hours of sleep is optimal.

For you it might be.
If your body wants you to sleep 13 hours then give it 13 hours.

I sleep 3-4 hours a night and wake up feeling fine, I'm only 29 though so this might be different for you older guys

i'm 29 and according to doctors perfectly healthily but I need 9-10 hours just to function

How do you even get that much sleep are you single and unemployed?

Nope, work full time have had a gf for over a year, and lift 3-4 times a week.

I work 14 hours a day and it takes me an hour just to get to work so there's 16 hours a day just on that and I gym for 1.5 hours and other miscellaneous shit so I'm lucky to get 5 hours a day of sleep

How does anyone get 8 hours of sleep unless they're a pathetic NEET

>full time
>40 hours a week

I remember part time jobs, if you work less than 50 hours a week you're pretty much part time

It's a combination of your lifestyle and diet.

Some days I'll need 5 hours of sleep others I'll damn near sleep till noon even if I went to bed at 8pm the previous day.

If I don't get the right amount of sleep then I'm a barely coherent and sometimes I'll have breathing problems.

So sleep is very important to me.

Also the abuse of stimulants and blue lights and lights from media screws with our ability to get normal natural sleep and learn how to recognize our need for rest. It makes us blind to how our bodies work in an important way.
So I think you should try to give up coffee and stimulating foods.
They might be masking something.

Some people don't work crazy hours and live near there place of work

and the rest you spend here?

It depends. Apparently my grandma only slept for four hours a night and she was that way for as long as she could remember. If you feel great on that little sleep, great. I however feel it if I don't get at least eight hours.

I sleep 5 hours a night during workweek and 14 hours on the weekend.

That's why when I apply for credit cards and
a mortgage and on my work contract its called Full time work, part time is like 16 hours. Not everyone wants to work every minute of their life bro

Maybe an hour a week, most of it on For honor really

fuck off then

If i don't work 14 hour days I don't even make enough to live

Why dont you try and make me you angry little bitch.

Gotta get a better job then, I can live off working 3 days week if I wanted

>wagecuck problems

>Seriously perpetuating the bullshit "hurr I kill myself working so I'm important" myth murricans believe
>Wonder why 75% of the population is poor, fat, and retarded

Thanks guys, Exactly.

>tfw half black half bavarian

I NEED to give my big black bavarian cock to karlie kloss

Yeah 300 bucks a week wouldn't cut it for me

>live in dorms
>stayed up until 2 am, usually woke up at Noon.
>graduate and move into an apartment
>stay up until 2 am wake up at 9am

What happened to me? I was 22 when I moved out.

This
I realized that even if I naturally wake up earlier than what my alarm is set to and just start my day, I feel more energized than I would have felt had I went back to sleep only to be awoken by my alarm later on. Weird shit.

kill yourself mongrel

Holy fuck, stop with this fucking shit already!