When did you realize whey powders were the biggest meme ever?

When did you realize whey powders were the biggest meme ever?

Other urls found in this thread:

blog.priceplow.com/protein-scam-amino-acid-spiking
consumerreports.org/cro/2012/04/protein-drinks/index.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

cheap and convenient source of protein with a complete aminoacid profile is a meme these days?

When I realized you don't need 300g of protein a day as a 180lb guy and started eating 120g a day with no difference in recovery, strength, performance or appearance.

>he doesn't make protein waffles
Are you even trying.

Isn't it cheaper than protein from chicken breast

but you're not drinking it out of convenience are you? you're drinking it because you fell for the protein=gainz meme

you still have to wash out your shaker cup which becomes disgusting after days of use.

if you cared about convenience you'd eat greek yogurt instead. With that you just eat it and throw the container away.

all of the ones available to me contain soya lecithin, is this bad for gains?

that the best idea ever. i'm going to go do that

maybe in some places it is by a small margin, but whey powders can never compare to the protein from real food

Its useful if youre on a cut and struggle to get in your protein and its also one of the cheapest sources pound for pound. Im not a person who thinks you need a stupid high amount of protien like some retards on Veeky Forums buy there are legitimate uses for foods that are mostly protien.

>whey powders can never compare to the protein from real food
Sources?

all whey powders are loaded with shitty fillers that aren't good for you in the long run.

remember this stuff was originally pig feed that they had to make edible for us. Bodybuilding.com had to pay 9 million dollars in a lawsuit for loading their supps with drugs.

> Its useful if youre on a cut and struggle to get in your protein and its also one of the cheapest sources pound for pound.

how the fuck is it useful for cutting? what's going to leave you satiated longer, some real food with protein in it, like a cup of oatmeal with a can of tuna or a fast digesting sugar filled protein shake?

A year and half ago. Fish, eggs, milk and chicken do the job better than any painted sand you might drink

I drink it because it's way less effort to pack a shaker cup filled with whey and a banana as a preworkout snack for the next day instead of cooking rice and chicken after having just realized at 11pm that my shelf for prepped meals in the fridge is empty
if you're a NEET you might not be familiar with situations like that but you can use some imagination you retard

I use it to cut down on my calories and skip meals cause I eat like shit

there aren't any sources to back that up because it's a lie

whey isolate is one of the most highly bioavailable forms of protein and has a complete amino acid profile

I just stick my shaker cup in the dishwasher after I drink my shake.

>I drink it because it's way less effort to pack a shaker cup filled with whey and a banana as a preworkout snack for the next day
and it would be even less effort to just pack a couple greek yogurts

>if you're a NEET you might not be familiar with situations like that but you can use some imagination you retard

Personally I work over 50 hours a week and get all my protein from real foods. Slowcooker in the morning, bulk cook chicken or prepare other stuff 15-30 minutes while I do other stuff. It's all time management.
You can't spare 15-30 minutes once or twice a week? Guarantee you spend that time rinsing out your shaker cups.

Protein shakes are great when travelling

Interesting article I found

No im definitely drinking it out of convenience you dumb faggot. Most days I can cook enough to make sure im hitting my protein goal but if Im running late I can put come greek yogurt water and protein powder in a cup and bam Ive got a ton of protein ready to go.

Its a supplement as in SUPPLEMENT what you dont already have in your diet that day.

you think you know my life
I mealprep once or twice per week and yet sometimes considering that other people in my household use the kitchen too, I'm not always home and that protein powder is a perfect source of protein (which you can't accept because you're autistic or something), having a meal consisting of a protein shake and a banana or oatmeal is just LESS EFFORT

you're also a fucked up person if you're okay with eating a yogurt that's been out of the fridge for like 6 hours
and washing a shaker cup takes 1 minute

Takes a minute or two to clean out the cup and people forget or get home late sometimes so yeah dropping some powder in a cup is quicker than staying up an extra 30 minutes. Its also far cheaper with no downsides as far as Im aware

I hit my proton almost every day easy with food. For the times I don't have time for a meal I can knock down a few scoops. Am I missing something here?

Well I understand that companies shouldnt just be trusted, but my container of whey says in no uncertain wording "no amino acid nitrogen spiking" and while companies do bullshit all the time, to say something like that and be blatantly lying would be a stupidly dangerous move for a company in case they were caught.

This is Veeky Forums. Everything is a *mem.*

>you can only put whey in shakes
>being satiated is more important that hitting your macros on a cut
Have you considered not being a bitch and dealing with being a little hungry?

> Its a supplement as in SUPPLEMENT what you dont already have in your diet that day.

People who eat whole foods and a balanced diet have no need for this protein supplement. You're probably eating way more protein than you even need. All you need is 1-1.6g/kg of bodyweight and its easy as fuck to go higher than that.

>protein powder is a perfect source of protein (which you can't accept because you're autistic or something)
Except it isn't. Have fun with the extra garbage fillers, without even getting the amount of protein that it claims to have
consumerreports.org/cro/2012/04/protein-drinks/index.htm

> Takes a minute or two to clean out the cup and people forget or get home late sometimes so yeah dropping some powder in a cup is quicker than staying up an extra 30 minutes. Its also far cheaper with no downsides as far as Im aware
Again, it all comes down to time management. And most people are able to exceed the amount of recommended protein without even trying, so wether it's slightly cheaper in some places (not in the USA) has no bearing.

this guy is beyond saving isn't he

>>you can only put whey in shakes
>>being satiated is more important that hitting your macros on a cut
>Have you considered not being a bitch and dealing with being a little hungry?

Fuckin lol. If you're that worried over the calorie difference between a scoop of whey and a whole food protein source because you think you'll eat too many calories, you're way too small to even consider cutting

A can of tuna is 183 calories. Most scoops of whey are ~150, for LESS protein and a hefty dose of contaminants.

>its time management
Which doesnt always go as planned because we are people who make mistakes. You are either an idiot or trolling at this point. Its an easy source of oh shit I forgot protein and thats really all there is to it.

LOL, yeah, I'm the stupid one.

Keep making those supplement companies rich, sheep. They used to feed whey to pigs and now they sell it to you at 10x the price.

>24g of protien for 120 cals of whey
>25g of protein for 157 cals of tuna
>this is somehow more protien per calorie

>If you're that worried over the calorie difference between a scoop of whey and a whole food protein source because you think you'll eat too many calories, you're way too small to even consider cutting
>if youre worried about getting the most protien from the calories youre eating, youre small
Confirmed brainlet

> Its an easy source of oh shit I forgot protein and thats really all there is to it.

you can get the same easy source from greek yogurt, pre cooked steak or chicken

greek yogurt is far far more expensive than whey and pre-cooked steak or chicken means that you aren't in an OH SHIT situation. most days I do not drink any of my whey, but it's there just in case. plus any easy source of calories is fine by me, I'm eating 3k a day and I'm still losing weight so an easy to drink shake that I can mix stuff into isn't unwelcome.

except you're not getting that amount of protein from your scoop of whey, retard. You're getting significantly less and the rest is fillers.

I suppose in that sense it's ok

And your tuna could ve raccoon for all you know. Ill stick to the nutritional facts on the label over some mong on a rhodesian rhinoplasty forum.

>Ill stick to the nutritional facts on the label over some mong on a rhodesian rhinoplasty forum.

LOL ya. Those supplement companies sure wouldn't lie about whats in their products.

It's not like major companies like BB.com have paid millions in lawsuits over lacing thier products with drugs or anything.

Yeah I definitely stopped worrying as much about the amount of protein as I used to.

>implying theres any reason to use more than a 30g scoop

oh and have fun with your heavy metals

>consumerreports.org/cro/2012/04/protein-drinks/index.htm

Greek Yogurt is casein protein which is slow to digest doesn't make since to use that as a whey protein replacement

why not? it leaves you full for longer if you're cutting, tastes better, and has no heavy metals in it like whey powders do

the whole "protein timing" thing is a meme anyway.

Dont use whey shilled by known liars. If your only argument is that one cant really be sure of the quality of foods they buy then it applies to pretty much everything in the supermarket.

>if you eat three servings a day, every day of these supplements which are already known to be garbage you will slightly exceed the recommended amount
Boy that was enlightening

>When did you realize GFs are a meme?

>If your only argument is that one cant really be sure of the quality of foods they buy then it applies to pretty much everything in the supermarket.

Lol, so bananas and apples are marketed as a necessary supplement that gives you insane muscle gains?

Way to move the goalposts.