"I'm definitely going to the gym tomorrow"

>"I'm definitely going to the gym tomorrow"

I've literally been saying this for 6 months and still haven't gone. Now its fucking freezing outside and so I feel even less inclined.

How do I learn to willpower?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Xh9jAD1ofm4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

try to KYS

Don’t, you won’t make t anyways.

Can't even google how do i learn willpower. Never gonna make it

If you want muscle you go gym, if you don’t you won’t.

Some men are destined to be betas, embrace it cuck.

I just drove my self there, sat out in the parking lot and waited till the nervous panic went away before walking inside. then sat in the changing room for about 30 minutes to wait for it to go away again. then I just started my dyel lifts. now I have an idea of what I'm supposed to do so while I'm still a newbie dyel I have no excuse not to go.

not by asking on a forum.

once a weakling always a weakling

Truly the most pathetic post I have ever read.

Just face it: you don't want to go to the gym

Learn about fascist philosophy (Nietsche or Schopenhauer for example). It has helped me alot sorting myself out.

fuck you all

That guy is built like the monstrosities from from Attack on Titan. All undefined midsection with gangly limbs.

Well first off you're treating working out as a chore you have to force yourself through. In reality it's great fun and super enjoyable for the body and mind.

If you need more motivation join a sports/martial arts club instead so you have a social aspect and can get used to being in a regular training routine through the week.

Alternatively just fucking do it. Pump yourself up with motivation videos or caffeine or whatever you need and get started immediately not tomorrow or the next day just work out for Gods sake. Take it easy and ENJOY it.

I was saying it for 10 years

OP it sounds like you're made for BBC

It's a fact: if you wanted to go the gym you'd fucking go. Ergo, since you're not going to the gym it means you don't want to. Just fucking admit it.

You learn willpower by making yourself do stuff that you don't want to do. If you don't put in the work then you don't get the gains

Workout buddy. Get a friend and workout together and make sure you harass each other to show up.

>fascist philosophy
>Nietsche or Schopenhauer for example
You mean pessimism?

I've come to terms with being skinnyfat, I'm not some animal who needs to compensate with his muscles. I carry a gun anyways so I'm safe

Physiology is an important thing OP, and you can kickstart by changing your environment. Turn up your house heat, start some high energy music, turn all the lights on, get caffeinated as fuck, then get dressed and go out there.

learn not to wait. sign up to a 24hour gym and whenever you tell yourself you're gonna go just go.

Get inspired. That may sound gay but reading about great warriors or soldiers, seeing great fighters in action and the like always give me a little jolt and gets me there.

Also, know how good you feel after a heavy workout, leaving the gym freshly showered and how well you sleep that night. I love leaving the gym here on winter nights with nothing but a T-shirt on my upper body. I'm in Ireland too so its always like 2-4 degrees at most on winter nights.

Besides, after a while you'll look forward to going to the gym.

>How do I learn to willpower?
QUIT BEING SUCH A GODDAMNED LITTLE FAGGOT AND GET YOUR PUSSY FUCCBOI ASS TO THE GODDAMNED GYM OR I'LL CURB-STOMP YOU INTO OBLIVION YOU LITTLE CUNT! NOW GET MOVING!

Treat it like a videogame or something man. I too would get bored if I went there and just did some curls for da pump. The secret is to chase progress, ie getting stronger. Since I started training that way I absolutely crave it, seriously. I look forward to add 2.5 lbs to my squat, I look forward to do one more rep on my bench, and so on

Baby steps.

Go. Now. Fart around for an hour. Make sure you have fun. Then go home. You can start "a program" later.

If you need to be encouraged to go it just shows that you don't really want it enough to begin with.

if you can suck BBC you can do anything

Workout buddy.

When I go alone I don't even think about anyone else. My earbuds are blasting music as I walk in the door and I leave my glasses in the car so I can't even see anyone unless they are within ten feet of me. I've taken plenty of L's in the gym as a beginner but I can't even see the faces of those who would laugh at me if I wanted to.

You just have to get off your ass and go. No excuses. It's like that old reebok ad: Just go and do it.

when you think
>i should go to the gym
stop what you're doing and go to the gym
ez

I try to think of discipline as a muscle.
Whenever there's something you should do but don't want to, think of it as an opportunity to work your discipline muscle.
Every time you do that it will be easier to do hard things you don't want to do.
Conversely every time you give in to the temptation to be lazy or procrastinate, you weaken the discipline muscle.

youtube.com/watch?v=Xh9jAD1ofm4

Got to get into a rhythm find a groove set up a schedule. Then don't break it.
Humans love rhythms in life think about it we wake up
eat
go to work
eat
Get off work
Eat
Sleep
So somewhere in there just slip in work out and start a routine like that. Every day 5 or 6 days a week
You'll make it fuck all these haters

Figure out what's wrong with you. Ask yourself some difficult questions.

LSD accelerated this process for me, but the end result was I started going to the gym regularly.

Its not about will power, I enjoy it. Do you need motivation to do something you enjoy. If you don't feel the same then there is no reason for you to go because it won't last and you will waste your money.

oh and if you want to know what the revelation was, it was extreme guilt and sadness about punishing and neglecting my body.

It was weird but it did the trick. I understood it is a critical part of taking care of yourself so you are in turn able to take care of those around you.

You need something to go gym for. I bet you couldn't even protect your friends if someone was about to jump you on the street. What about if someone stole your girl in front of your face? Have fun sitting in your room letting your thoughts eat you up about how you never went today. I'll be there tomorrow putting in work because I have a reason to be at the gym.

The term you're looking for is nihilism and even then you're wrong

Punch yourself in the face every morning until you go to the gym, if you don't punch yourself one day you do it twice the next day
Once you get to gym punch yourself every day you skip unless it's a rest day

If you're in bad enough shape that you have to ask this question, just "trying harder" is not going to help you. Basically, you need this book.

It’s mostly intended for aspiring "high performers" who are already have their shit together and want to take it to the next level, but if you're an ADD riddled DYEL with no self-control then the first sections are what you really need, namely the ones on mediation and breathing techniques. Set aside time to practice both daily. Don't get really into it and do it for 6 hours a day and then feel disappointed when you aren’t an alpha male with a mind of steel in a week. You need to set aside 20 minutes to work on this once a day, every day. As with almost anything else, small, consistent effort over a longer period will get you way more results than big bursts of “resolve” that die out within a few days.

In addition to learning the practices early in the book, you need to do 2 more things every single day: 1. Keep an eye out for something you want to do, and do not do it. 2. Keep an eye out for something you don’t want to do, and do it.

If you follow the above, you will gradually find that your sense of self-awareness and control will increase over time. It will become easier to make the decision to head to the gym and actually do your workout. Once you start exercising regularly, make sure to improve your diet, as well (don’t bullshit me, we both know no one who has these self-control issues has the willpower to eat well). With diet, exercise, daily mediation, and breathing techniques, you will be well placed to get some traction and start making serious gains. As you start moving forward, make sure to go back and read the rest of the book. Once you’re done with it, make a habit of continuing to read self-help books; building your body and building your mind has a strong synergistic effect.

user I'm gonna be harsh but you need to face it. You came to a bunch of people who (at least on the surface) go daily, eat at least half right and do what you cant bring yourself to do. The fact that they are going and you just keep saying "tomorrow" means that guess what, they beat you plain and simple. My advice is to funnel that "fuck you" into getting up and going. user it is mid afternoon, you have today, and dont you dare say tomorrow because as you already complained you have been saying tomorrow every single day.

user,
Get up,
Get moving,
Go.

Prove them wrong, if they said you won't make it, get off your ass go to that gym and work at it. Every time someone tries to knock you down, go higher, any time someone tries to mock you, use it, advance yourself. if you live your life at the whims of "I don't wanna right now" you will never reach your goals. The harder you work towards a goal the sweeter it is when you get there. Set yourself goals and work at them user.

Now get up and go.
Yesterday you said tomorrow.
Today you should be saying I did.

We can all make it. All it takes is blood sweat and tears.

Yes this is a quality reaction. A good first step towards taking responsibility for your actions.

Seems like you don't really give a shit. You need good reasons and translate them to goals, write them down and try to achieve them.

You won't stick to the gym without clear goals, most people at least.

LSD in low to medium doses is extremely effective at helping you find suppressed problems. It thought me a lot about myself. Would recommend

Taught fucking auto-correct

why the fuck are you on Veeky Forums if you dont lift
there is literally no other appeal of this board

I would go to the gym tomorrow if it wasn't a rest day. I feel like I'm wasting a lot of time.