3x5 Squat
3x5 Bench Press
1x5 Deadlift

B:
3x5 Squat
3x5 Overhead Press
1x5 Deadlift

AxBxAxx, BxAxBxx

Is this good or are they meming me? It does seem a bit light.

Veeky Forums is only going to give you BBC posts

It's pretty much just ss. I'd say swap the b deadlift for a row or pull-up variation.

Sounds like beta destiny’s beginner program

You don't need to deadlift more than once a week as a beginner.

Swap out deadlift on A for barbell rows 3x5 and you have SS (with BBR instead of powercleans)

Its actually not at all bad. Definitely needs a row/ pull exercise - would also throw in some core work as well.

Since you're just starting this might be okay because it involves the big 3 so you can get your form down fast. But once you're working with heavier weight it's going to be very hard to hit all big 3 a day, which is why powerlifters have deadlift squat and bench days seperate. So this is okay for now but if you start feeling like you're killing yourself every workout you should split them up. Also definitely add accessories.

What is good core work for a beginner?

Beltless squats and deads, do everything that can be done standing, standing. Like ohp, any raises, curls etc. Stabilizing works the fuck out of your core. Finish workouts with planks

squats and deadlifts each training day, why?

no direct back work: rows, pull-ups, chin-ups

need something for biceps, triceps, and abs

1 BBC/10

cable standing crunches, hip extension, lumberjjack cable pull

>autistic fit tier routine
>squat and deadlift every workout
>subconsciously neglect upper body muscles
>only 3 days a week

Kys

What upper body stuff should I add do this?

Do you have a back? If you do, you can maybe add back exercises? I hope I'm not saying anything stupid but it's just a suggestion since the absence of back exercises can cause posture problems and shit. Sorry in advance and sorry for my English

A
3x5 Bench Press
3x5 Squat
3x5 Row

B
3x5 Overhead Press
1x5 Deadlift
3x5 Weighted Chinups/Pullups

There, made your routine better. Now your upper body pushing/pulling is in balance and you're not squatting 3x a week when you probably just want to look better as a beginner, not take up powerlifting. I'd also add face pulls, lateral raises, bicep curls, calf raises and maybe some direct forearm work as accessories.

this. OP read this post

Its an ok strength building program but keep in mind that you wont really gain mass with this, this is purely for strength not aesthetics.

But I do recomment following it for 3-6 months so you have some noob gainz.

they're trying to trick you into the powerlifting meme. dont fall for it.

I guess it's not inherently bad if you're just coming off the couch. It will teach you the main lifts and get you used to working out.

Add in arms and abs, do it for a couple months until you feel comfortable and consistent working out. Then switch to a better split.

Congratulations. You go to a gym with people working there that knows their shit.

This. It's too late for me, I've already ascended to t-rex mode, but I can still save others by warning them from the powerlift meme.
Do not join us, there is only pain, no gain.

Planks, hanging knee raises

not OP, but also a noob here.

This program seems so light to me. I plan on working out for an hour when I'm at the gym. This seems like it's done in 20 minutes, wtf.

Add chinups to both, or chinups to A, pendlay rows to B, or something.

here, assuming you're actually progressing with weights, 3 sets of squats alone will take you 20 minutes including warmup sets. Of course it seems light compared to classic 5 day brosplits which have you doing 3 different variations of bench press on a single day, even though it isn't necessary and is especially harmful for beginners as their CNS isn't used to lifting weights, not to mention with correct form.

A conservative approach is much better for a novice as they get to practice their technique while they drive adaptation. You can be too conservative however, like Starting Strength is in my opinion. Rippetoe is very selective when it comes to his program because he wants his trainees to build strength in the main lifts, eliminating any external variables that might sabotage strength in said main lifts. I however believe that a few sets of curls, lateral raises and face pulls are not going to hinder a novice's ability to progress in the main lifts and will keep their shoulder joints healthy.

tl;dr: It's not light, it will take you approximately 1,5 hours assuming you lift weights that actually challenge you.

stop being a powerlifter. 7-9 sets should not take 90 minutes

ur going to a good gym op...

What the fuck are you talking about retard? Of course they won't take 90 minutes if you lift RPE 5 weights, however if you actually lift weights that challenge you, you're probably going to be taking 3-5 minute rest periods in between sets.

It was a horrible bait, but it got me responding because there are beginners lurking in this thread and your dumb shitposting might actually be enough to confuse those new to this board.

In order to forward this conversation with you, please reply with a better routine for novices so I could rip you a new asshole.

problem with this is you're going to be finished in no time. Here's two for beginners:

A
5x5 squats
5x5 bench press
5x5 barbell row
3x8 shrugs
3.8 barbell crushers
3x5-8 chins up (assisted if you can't do them)
3x15-20 kneel cable crunches
2x10 hyperextentions

b
5x5 squat
1x5 deadlift
5x3-5 standing press (low weights, big shoulder fucker)
rowing 1000m
3x5 barbell row
3x8 close grip bench press
3x8 incline dumbbell
3x15-20 KCC + wheel

you might not make it through it all at first but at least you get to spend more than 20 minutes in the gym.

low bar squats work the back

keep being a t-rex and add arm isolations and more chest
there problem solved you fucking faggot

>you're going to be finished in no time
once he starts squatting 100+kg he'll have to take 5 min rest between sets and when he starts adding warm-up sets he'll easily spend around 2h at the gym
shut your fucking mouth you noob tricking gains goblin

they gave you the ss template.
Instead of reading they book they just found a template online

>2h at the gym

fuck that, you can get through those in an hour and be gone, you don't have to monster weight everything as a beginner.

Anyways,real talk op, they gave you the Starting Strength beginner routine. Follow it for about 3-4 weeks and then add Power-Cleans instead of deadlifts on your second workout.
After two-three months add warm-ups before you start the first set of the lift.
The warm-ups would look like this bar x 5 reps x 2 sets
40% x 5 reps x 1 set
60% x 3 reps x 1 set
80% x 2 reps x 1 set
Rest a min and half between the warm up sets and after finishing the last warm-up set,wait 3-4 min and then start the "work-set".
Start every lift with an empty bar and add 10kg every workout.After the first or second week start adding 5kg(10pounds).Once you stop being able to add 5kg every workout,then start adding 2,5kg(5pounds).
You also need to eat enough protein (grams per body-weight).If you weight 100 kg you need to eat 100g of protein every day.
Also sleep at least 8 hours a day.

>you don't have to monster weight everything as a beginner.
Starting Strength work-outs take around 30-45 mins at the beginning and as the lifts go up the work-out time goes up as well.

3x5 squats

3 min warmup
0.5 min set
3 min rest
0.5 min set
3 min rest
0.5 min set

Squats 10.5 minutes.

3 min rest between exercises.

1x5 deadlifts

3 min warmup
0.5 min set

Deadlifts 3.5 minutes.

3 min rest between exercises.

3x5 bench presses

3 min warmup
0.5 min set
3 min rest
0.5 min set
3 min rest
0.5 min set

Bench presses 10.5 minutes.

10.5 + 3 + 3.5 + 3 + 10.5 minutes
=
TOTAL 30.5 MINUTES
>TOTAL 30.5 MINUTES
TOTAL 30.5 MINUTES

I warm up
60% x 3-5 reps
82.5% x 2 reps
90% of that days weight 1 rep
Worksets

I'm lifting right now. Volume day TM only I'm doing 5 sets of deadlifts. Because I want to.

>Muh cns

retards. SS starts with 3x deadlift. OP, read starting strength. you dont nee "direct" back or abs work, its just retards meming. if you can't be bothered reaing, just listen to what your gym has to say. would you rather follow an actual strength program, or bunch of dyels from Veeky Forums who needed a year to hit 2pl8 bench?

you havent made anything better.

OP, if you're sub 20% bodyfat, gomad/bulk. if you're over, cut or maintain (if yoU're pretty close or borerline).

>RPE

stop being a stupid powerlifter. stop living in the gym. you can build muscle way faster by doing higher reps and not jerking off for 10 minutes between sets.