Thoughts on “The bridge”? Seems like a solid intermediate routine

Thoughts on “The bridge”? Seems like a solid intermediate routine.

Other urls found in this thread:

dropbox.com/s/ze2q4wrnwduq12x/The Bridge.pdf?dl=0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

bretty good. i did it after SS like baraki and feigenbaum say you should and i like the frequency. wouldnt pay for the templates on bbm tho because ive heard the programs all follow the same sort of methodology, aka, 3 compund lifts 3 times a week, GPP twice a week

I did 1 cycle and it didn't help much. I'm not going to say the program was at fault, but using RPE for the first time like that is pretty hard for an early intermediate like myself. I'm gonna try Sheiko's #29, 30, 31, and 32 blocks.

Rpe is a skill man, you should of leaned it

>8 week intermediate to novice transition program

madcow 5x5 is a solid intermediate program. this is retarded

5x5 is novice level volume. Intermediates need more complexity. like in The Bridge, which can be run more than once, dummy

You weren't doing the program.

with increased weight comes increased volume. but with increased volume comes increased need for rest.

stop being a fucking idiot pretending you know what the fuck you're talking about.

>early intermediate
>im gonna try sheiko
just fuckn do 5/3/1 or TM

increase weight=Increased tonnage/intensity. Not volume. YOURE the one who doesnt know what theyre talking about.

sorry, meant for

Damn, Dr. (((Feigenbaum))) look fuarkin juicy in this one pic

I am not the one you responsede to, but could you (or anyone else) explain to me what volume and tonnage is? I thought volume was the total amount of kili's lifted but aparently that is what tonage is

volume=number of reps and sets
tonnage=reps x sets x weight of load
intensity=weight of load

>volume=number of reps and sets
Can you become stronger by increasing reps and sets without increasing tonnage?

>volume=number of reps and sets
more like volume = total work at a given time

tonnage and total reps/sets all fall under the "volume" umbrella

If u doin 531 or TM, switch to this.now.

no. as you get stronger, ie, add more weight to the bar, the tonnage naturally increases, and increasing other training variables increases tonnage
that is an adequate definition of volume, but an incorrect assessment of tonnage. tonnage is volume x intensity

okay thanks

bridge is also 5x5. the main difference is exertion. your most intense set is the 3rd set in the bridge, and then you try to maintain it for two more. in madcow, that third set is the fifth one, and the first two sets are babby weight.

>Seems like a solid intermediate routine.
the bridge is for transitioning from novice to intermediate. if you want a real intermediate program, look up reactive training systems - generalized intermediate program.

uuhhh, no. there are only like 4 instances in which you do 5x5, and thats in the 4th and 5th week and on OHP and Bench. Youre an idiot
t. someone who is looking at the bridge ebook right now

actually scratch that. only ONE TIME do you do a no-shit 5x5 set, and thats on the friday of the 4th week on paused bench. you literally have no clue what youre talking about

are you literal spergs gonna argue because there are sets of 4, 6 and 7 now? its not like you are doing 10 sets instead of 5.

oh, scratch that.

you realise that "x5 @6, x5 @7, x5 @8 x3 sets" is 5x5, right?

you realise that that scheme isnt the whole program, right? There is variety, meaning it is NOT solely a 5x5 program, right?

varieties of "novice volume" according to you.

YET THATS NOT THE ENTIRE PROGRAM LIKE STRONGLIFTS IS. HOW ARE YOU MISSING THIS

no i honestly dont get what you are arguing for. that rep scheme changes make a problem complex or sth?

you or another user said The Bridge was a 5x5 program. It is not. Thats what i said

i see.

What stage am I even at right now, I have no idea what program I should move to.

I've basically maxed out every session doing Push/Pull 6x a week with about 1.5hr workouts and in 2 years I've gone from benching 65lbs to 265, squatting 95 to 355, and deadlifting 115 to 485. My progress was fast but its hit a brick wall since I'm basically going all out every workout with zero periodization.

I'm also relatively low bw at 165lb, where do I go from here

1. Able to add variety to a routine
2. Train the lifts 2x-3x a week
3. Intensity varries depending on feel
4.you can make use of the good and bad days in your training
5.editable and customizable

Not sure if E stating.

welcome friend, you have now reached the intermediate phase if you can no longer make linear progression, which is what youre describing
dropbox.com/s/ze2q4wrnwduq12x/The Bridge.pdf?dl=0
here is the program to transition you into intermediate programming

Those are my best tested 1rm, not 5rm, I'm basically just a little beyond 1/2/3/4.5 5rm, like when I did the 265 bench my 5rm was 235.

But yeah the 3x bw deadlift in 2 years might be harder to believe

Thanks I'll give this a shot, I'm glad to see a strength program that has cardio built in as well

>almost deadlifting two more plates than you can squat

spotted the orangutan

I read this all and now I'm really curious as to why they don't recommend stretching?

I understand that being tight actually aids you on lifts like the squat but to keep the splits I need to stretch fairly regularly.

unless you have mobility issues preventing you from assuming positions, which most people dont have because they arent elderly, stretching literally has no scientifically proven physiological benefit on training outcomes. none. Total placebo effect

Damn dude congrats on those gains!

So my hip tightness that went away after doing a wall hip stretch was all in my head ?

I love their whole "If didn't obtain great results, then you weren't doing the program" shtick, they come as very funny while doing it.

it may have gotten rid of hip "tightness", but it didnt help you move the weight

Then I’ll keep my mobility day

i got better bench and squat, but less DL in 2 years. this is why you train 3-4 times a week in every good intermediate program and 6 is a waste.