Is there anything close to a consensus on here regarding this bugez video or on him in general?

Is there anything close to a consensus on here regarding this bugez video or on him in general?
youtube.com/watch?v=gcr4aVLHaXI

>3 days a week is too little
>especially if you're a noob, lift every single day
>don't do a lot of different exercises
>focus with intensity on 2 good exercises at a time as a beginner, and only 1 later on
>hugely improving and mastering the execution of some key lifts is what really makes a difference
>don't worry about the "program"
>it's all about focus and mindset
Is this valid? Or is it a mistake to listen to the god-tier genetics athlete chad giving unconventional advice? Has anyone done something like this?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rjRdRUr-1G0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Can you make gains lifting by heart? Probably yes.
Are you gonna make better gains with a structured routine that has built in progression system? Definitely.

if you are in tune with your body it works perfectly

mesocycles and microcycles should come naturally if you can pay attention to recovery, grip strength, diet, and have the right focus to know what you should be putting the most effort into within a micro

but honestly noobs don't know any of that shit so you should plan

this
bugehagen is a cool guy but thats some shit tier advice

i would build run ss before i do a Bulgarian like program.

There can never be a consensus on how to train because you can do it in a thousand different ways and still be successful.

So if someone says something, we can all disagree, but it's the only time we agree.

Just go with something that lifts your spirit as well your weights.
If you believe in it and it feels like you make progress, you will.
If you doubt it and getting depressed as it doesn't seem to work, it won't.

>>it's all about focus and mindset

I think this is seriously 100% spot on and extremely crucial advice, but it can EASILY be misinterpreted because it's not telling you EXACTLY what to do.

People on the internet and new lifters are always looking for the Holy Grail of lifting advice, i.e. "IF YOU DO ______ YOU WILL LOOK LIKE ______", and you can fill in those blanks with whatever you fucking want. SS, bro splits, full body workout 8 days a week, to look like Bugez, Arnold, Justin Lascek, etc. etc.

Bugez whole point is that there's no one correct answer and it's stupid to focus more energy on that kind of shit, when you should be focusing your energy into your favorite lifts and just get passionate about it. Hit the gym as often as you can, with dedication and discipline, and you'll get big. That's the focus, that's the mindset. It's general and broad advice though, so brainlets and aspies will just keep parroting their dumb questions like "HURRRR muh workouts, what do I do, gib me exact exercise routine"

what the fuck is this spirit bullshit and mindset trash you're all going on about
the routine he had just describe is god awful. A beginner can just lift everyday breaking a PR each day because
a. the DOMS for a beginner are serious
b. you would constantly have to eat
c. the recovery rate differs between people
d. 2 random fucking lifts every day will lead to muscle imbalance
we get the whole IT"S A MINDSET gimmick but that is just bad advice right there

cam't

This is exactly the kind of brainlet I was talking about in this post btw

bugez might be inspirational, but his training advice is straight garbage

His advice should be interpreted, much like a religious text.

it all depends on your goals, but after a while iti is advisable to lift 4-6 days a week.

>lift every single day
well, uh, no

doing just three exercises per lifting day at a high intensity is good. Focus on a main lift (bench, press, squat, dead) and then choose 1-3 accessory movements to help with weak areas or just to build size in certain places.

>focus with intensity on 2 good exercises
this can be translated as "put all of your energy into your main heavy compounds" and it's good advice

>hugely improving and mastering the execution of some key lifts is what makes a difference
yes to this. this is correct.

i see this as advice not to worry about what program you're on so long as it's a decent enough program that has been used by enough people to get good results. like 5/3/1 or sheiko or J&T 2.0 or whatever.

focus and mindset play a huge role in your success. even if your program is good, if you're not attacking your key lifts with intensity (the place it counts), you will not be nearly as successful as you could be.

so like religion, it should be completely ignored

OOOOOHHHH

*tips aggressively*

As PP states, everyone is right but some are more efficient than others

ah, i see you are a patron of The Tales of Sir Richard and his squire Mortimer

>especially if you're a noob, lift every single day
Recovery? Never heard of it!
This is true, but 1 or 2 is not enough, more like 6 or 7 total in the program, 3 per day
>focus with intensity on 2 good exercises at a time as a beginner, and only 1 later on
grinding it out in training is not good for longer term development, neither is doing singles
>hugely improving and mastering the execution of some key lifts is what really makes a difference
This is absolutely true
Follow this advice if you want to spin your wheel for months and make barely any noticeable progress
I dont know what the fuck this means

So what would a Bufez routine look like?

Mon:Squat, Bench
Ties: Pendlay rows, pull ups
Wed: squat, bench
Thurs: deadlifts
Fri: pull ups, bench
Sat: squat
Sun:Pendlay rows, cheat curls
That seem right?

more like
monday: heavy single zercher squat
tuesday: heavy single zercher deadlift
wednesday: heavy single jefferson rack pull
thursday: heavy single cheat curl
friday: heavy single weighted chinup
saturday: heavy single weighted dip
sunday: heavy single split squat

his routines focus on carryover, his lifting coaching only exists within his wrestling coaching as far as i know, wouldn't doubt if that's changed in the past few weeks though

In theory probably, but that way too much volume for a noob lifter

thats a fuckton of stupid useless time-consuming warmups

he coaches athletes, not dyel shitposters

WWe wrestlers aren’t athletes

why the FUCK do you need to do random warmup drills for a fucking lunge when you can just fucking warmup up with lunges??? Please explain why doing a 20 minute warmup routine contributes to the training adaptation MORE than just doing the movement youre about to do but with lighter weight?

College wrestlers not WWE

that's not who he coaches

carryover, MUSCLE CONFUSION

carryover to what? HOW DOES A BAND PULL-APART HAVE GREATER WARMUP CARRYOVER TO THE DEADLIFT THAN JUST DOING LIGHT DEADLIFTS???

If you take roids you can train less because your anabolic window is bigger. Just make sure to hit everything with reasonable frequency. Your program doesn't matter.

Bugenhagen is a fake natty so you probably shouldn't listen to anything he has to say unless it's for entertainment purposes only.

ITS A MINDSET

Maybe they do something after the lifting.

honestly this. bugez doesnt know what hes talking about, total broscientist

there's literally nothing wrong with this sort of training. if you put all your focus on 2-3 compound movements as a beginner, you will progress on them ezpz. I think the example he gave in another video was squat everyday, work up to a 2 rep max, bench everyother day work up to 1rm, and dl everyother day work up to a 1rm.

Its designed for wrestlers. Its not only to warmup but stretch, which is vital for wrestling/mma.

yes, im sure band pullaparts and fuckin crab walks are essential for wrestling. Either way, he is completely clueless when it comes to programming for strength training, so the point is moot

>doesn't know what he is talking about

except he has been lifting for 19 years and has 6 years experience of training athletes. he definitely knows more than any shitposter on this board

His method works to gain raw strength.
>Pick an exercise work up to daily max
>Kill it, if you can't hit, drop down and hit rep PR
>if you've completely stalled out on progress or been at the movement for more than a week, switch
>do some light weight prehap afterwards

The hardest part is exercise selection

Do you lift heavier and on the time span he is? Faggots like you are YouTube comment tier niggers criticizing Arnie for BTNP. Every body is different and something's work better than others, stop being a cookie cutter faggot and if you take anything away from BUGEZ it should be MINDSET

he knows exactly how to plan macro, meso, and micro cycles to achieve max output on a desired week

meaning he knows more than nearly any personal trainer you could find

telling a noob to max out on a single rep every day is among the most damaging advice you can give them for long term strength development.

>he knows how to prescribe fucking stupid training methodology in macro, meso, and micro cycles to achieve suboptimal training outcomes on a desired week because he is a broscientist
ftfy

>dickriding "celebrity" on jewtube and getting emotional when someone says hes full of crap
top wew

Arnold was a fucking professional bodybuilder and he thought you can actually confuses muscle. experience doesn't always equal knowledge

Ok so it's not good for noobs, how does that discredit him? SS isn't good for noobs either. His method works

Post pics with stats, do you have any ground to be a criticizing authority? I'm not a pro, haven't won any contests etc but I gave his style a try for 2 months, it works. I tried it and I got stronger

his "method" might work in the sense that strenuous stimulus produces physical adaptations in noobs, but is not optimal for long term strength development

and how exactly is starting strength not good for noobs? I would love to hear your highly intelligent and well-thought out broscience opinion

He has actually TRAINED people and made them stronger.

so has mark rippetoe, and we still debate about him

tfw jason blaha was able to improve your optimal routine

you mean jason blaha plagiarised SS and "added" accessory lifts that were already allowed in the program and in the book. And you still havent made a point on why Starting Strength Novice Linear Progression is "bad for noobs"

still waiting, fuckface

By your own standards starting strength doesn't work retard. It's progressive overload styled differently. Once again faggot, pics and stats. It works, maybe it's not optimal for noobs but would you go up to Klokov and call him a bioscience retard for not using SS?

No, Starting Strength and similar programs are better than this shit im seeing in and , which are full of suboptimal overcomplications, inferior exercise selection, and unecessary training volume. You can make some linear progress just starting out, but it wont last long.
And you have to be a special kind of stupid for saying that "hurr durr an elite level olympic weightlifter doesnt/didnt starting strength therefore starting strength is not good hurr durr"

Soy: the post

Those aren't programs for novice lifters, those are programs for college wrestlers, aka athletes, who want good carryover from their lifting, and they're great for those people and for that purpose. For an actual novice, any program with several compounds 3-4 times a week is good enough so long as they stick with it.

You're the one saying it's shit for noobs so is shit retard. I pointed out that who judges a routine solely by if noobs use it.

>suboptimal overcomplications, inferior exercise selection, and unecessary training volume

Define what you mean nigger, looking at those routines they're not much different than westside, especially the exercise selection. Or do you think Westside is shit despite produce elite caliber athletes unlike Papa Rips

Damn you are a brainlet. when did he or I ever say it's not essential?
It's an accessory/stretch. Which is what a lot the program is geared towards. Strength for your sport, and athleticism, not just for the big 3.

I doubt your low iq brain can comprehend that though.

there is no one size fits all optimal routine unless we are all clones with the same lives, same genes, same goals, etc.

can't believe I actually have to say this.
some people will make better gains on 7 day a week routines. some people will gain more muscle and strength training 2-3 times max.

Eric probably doesn't mean that you shouldn't follow a program. What he most likely means is that most routines overthink everything when in reality all you need for your program to be balanced is to be working in a way that is balanced on the sagital, transversal and coronal plane with both pushing and pulling, upper body and lower body. Most training programs try to differentiate themselves from others by introducing small tweaks and acting like they are the end-all but the truth is that it just comes down to your attitude and how much you're willing to LIFT SOME HEAVY SHIT

And also, if you can, you should always lift every day. Frequency is ALWAYS positive.

good "carryover" to wrestling would just be to get stronger. And as stated before, erics' "programs" are not as good at getting you stronger than other programs are. Also, i dont see how zercher deadlifts have any greater carryover to wrestling than conventional deadlifts, sooo

youre so illiterate i can barely understand what youre saying, and what it seems like youre saying is a misinterpretation of what i said. I never said SS is shit for noobs, i said quite the opposite.
And no, i dont think Westside templates are shit, why would you assume that? I think theyre quite good for certain lifters in certain training blocks. And there are better criticisms of Rip than "hes never trained elite atheletes, because he isnt Louie Simmons;HE ISNT IN THE BUSINESS OF TRAINING ELITE ATHLETES. His company and program are called STARTING STRENGTH, not ADVANCED STRENGTH

well wel what do we got here, a strength training expert and also a wrestling expert?

sorry, when you said "vital" i guess i thought you meant the band pullaparts and shit were vital to wrestling, i take that back. And yeah, of course warmups are necessary for any training/sport

YOU FUCKING RETARD YOU SAID ERICS ROUTINE ISNT GOOD FOR NOOBS SO IS SHIT.

YOU MUST THINK WESTSIDE IS SHIT BECAUSE THOSE ROUTINES POSTED ARE EXTREMELY SIMILAR TO WESTSIDE.

>Also, i dont see how zercher deadlifts have any greater carryover to wrestling than conventional deadlifts, sooo
Have you wrestled? You don't ever get to wrestle with a neutral back if you're going hard. It's also not that they don't have carryover but rather, once you've spent ten years doing conventional deads for wrestling, hammering your hamstrings so you can lift 5 more pounds, it becomes a good idea to improve variations which will likely tackle your weaknesses

>Well shit, if an user who probably hasn't wrestled a day in his life says what good carryover is for wrestling, that must be the truth

Seriously you dipshit, there's more to carry-over than just "getting stronger". There are always certain aspects that need more emphasis for there to be greater benefit for any given athlete. Eric has stated the reason he argues that Jefferson's, behind the backs, and zercher deadlifts are better for wrestling carryover is because you are performing the movement without a completely neutral spine, which is what will happen in wrestling.

ah i see. I guess theres some logic to that, but ive never wrestled so i wouldnt know

I dont think westside programs are good FOR NOOBS, just like i dont think erics programs are good for noobs. For a more experienced lifter wanting to do unconventional lifts and wanting to incur lots of training stress, theyd be fine, minus the bullshit warmups. But as a beginner strength program, neither are good

So he comes from a wrestling background, I was also a HS wrestler, and now compete in judo and sambo. So about 10 years of grappling overall. The culture and community is about building an extremely high work capacity, and if you are an athlete to start, you can get away with working LOW VOLUME compounds daily to build an even higher work capacity. This on its own isn't new or special, and many grapplers and fighters utilize this type of training and accept the fact that it feels awful for two months before they can adjust, and even longer if they're not meeting the intense caloric needs of training daily, and lifting daily. (on heavy training cycles I eat 5-6k a day and I fight at 178)
The classic bugez twist to this, is to go high volume, AND high frequency. He use's mindset to get through all of this, which he learned in the grappling, which has such ridiculously demanding body demands. If you're a chad athlete who is willing to commit to the intense demands of the training style, it is very rewarding. I did it before seeing el Bugerino, and seeing him confirmed suspicions, and introduced me to jefferson deadlifts, which are crazy helpful for grappling carryover.

tldr his methods are valid if you are already an athlete and are willing to work

Except isn't he more high frequency, high intensity low volume?

you've never grappled competitively if you think that zercher deads don't have excellent carryover. The load is in front of you, it much better mimics spinal position, and it's the closest thing to getting a gable around a heavy bag and just lifting that.

The volume isnt high, it's just working up to one rep.
High freq high int sure.

He trains multiple times a day, so his work is inherently high volume. It's not rare in training camps to work for 3-4 separate two hour sessions in one day.

If you're referring to just his independent lifting sessions, I would classify them as high volume as compared to the normal population, but not as high as some other silly programs.

He's said in multiple videos that the number of sets and attempts at prs get up there. He is a big believer in warmups, and talks more about it in the juji vids. Saying that he will work on one lift for an hour or so before attempting a top set.

This. His whole shtick is to just fucking lift. People get so caught up on him saying you don't need a program, they completely miss his point which is get your head in the game and get out there and do it.

I think after years of lifting, you know what works and doesn't work for you, and you can follow a program based on that (and your goals).

You would run a peaking program before running a peaking program?

>Too little upper body volume
>Too little deadlift volume
>No meaningful accessory work
>No method of autoregulation
>Teaches newbies to chase the almighty 5RM with no regard for technique
>Ripp teaches incorrect technique for squat and power clean
>No variation in set/rep ranges
>Teaches newbies how to peak and nothing else.

G O M A D
O
M
A
D

So OP, now that you read a bunch of replies. Do you feel there is a consensus? :-)

Underrated post

He actually just uploaded a new video literally 2 hours ago talking more about this exact topic
youtube.com/watch?v=rjRdRUr-1G0

Bugenhagen is implementing the bulgarian light, which is an elite-tier program, I couldn't do it it would kill me.
But I love his mindset view on everything