I've been told I'm making too much noise at the gym

Today I was training chest doing incline dumbell press and when I dropped the weights a guy, aged 40-50, came up to me and said "hey, can you take easy on the noise? it's too much"
I looked at him and said "it's hard to drop the weights safely without doing too much noise, maybe you can bring me some matress". The guy then tried to tell me to get them there, but I went back to my exercise. I kept doing the same thing I was doing, hardly anything different at all.
I had been told before to make less noise by a gym instructor, a friend of mine btw, but I always said to him there was no way I could drop the incline dumbells silently without massively hurting my shoulder.
Later the day I heard people at my gym dislike me for the noises.

I don't yell at the end of the set, I don't grunt or whatever, I simply drop the weights so they don't injure my shoulders, so what the fuck do they want? A library environment? If I get a dumbell I can silently put on the ground then I won't be training my chest god damn it
What do I do Veeky Forums? Do I keep training the same way and when people come complaining again I ignore or can I seriously get thrown out of my gym for this? Local gym, not planet fitness, pretty normal folks go there and some bodybuilders once in a while.

Did you set off the lunk alarm?

>he doesn't grunt
Never gonna make it

There isn't one, there are only old people and faggots around midday

You are a faggot. If you can't put your weights down without dropping them, you are lifting too heavy. Everyone in your gym is right to hate you, you pathetic, sad, culmination of human waste.
Never show your face to society again or kys. You're not fucking wanted, user.

Someone dropping weights is a fucking retarded thing to complain about in a gym. Guessing you're American

This. I typically see only 100lb teenagers dropping their shit outside of the rare one offs. Men put their weight down slow and controlled.

seems like completely reasonable amount of noise to me, but i don't make the rules or form a majority consensus. are the floors solid wood/concrete or something? most gyms i've been to have cork flooring or something to dampen the noise of dropped weights. you could have responded more nicely to the guy who politely asked you to take it easy on the volume level.

you can also always bring in rubber mats or something to drop the weights if need be, but frankly, there's no need to drop DBs on incline press anyway... hitch yourself up and set them on your thighs as you do so, then lower them to the ground

I hope sir puts the dropping weights meme in his comic this year

>mfw I deadlift 500 and it's ten times quieter on the way down than everyone else in the gym doing lmao3plaet and the qt trainer compliments me on it

Using heavy dumbbells on flat bench you have to drop them to save arms. but with incline can't you lean forward and put them on your knees then let them down slowly?

go.to new gym or load up garage

The solution is pretty simple. Headphones in and do your thing. I'm sure there's plenty of people that don't like me deadlifting in the gym I go to. Personally, when I use DBs I roll forward quickly and kind of drop them on my quads then set them on the ground. I don't like dropping dumbells because I worry Ill drop them on someone or they'll roll away but I really don't give a shit if others do because it's not like I can hear it anyways.

yes

the range where the dumbells are placed at the end of the exercises requires a fuckton of strength in the shoulders and a doublefuckton of effort from your joints. Plus everyone who trains heavy drops the weights to avoid injury. Have you ever deadlifted kid?

It's a rubber floor, appropriate for that kind of situation

Why hold yourself back? For the approval of some roastie? Fuck that shit.

Nope, because I'm in total control of the weight for the duration of the lift

Trolling or not, when people just drop weights indiscriminately, that's retarded. Being thoughtful of other people is kinda called being a fucking functional adult. Why are you even dropping weights on chest flies? That shit shouldn't be so fucking heavy for you that you can't rotate your arms forward to put down ghee weights in lieu of fucking throwing them down around you like a coked out Akon at a thot festival

I was wearing headphones and also didn't listen to a thing. The guy that came up to me and poked my back to engage the conversation

Low test gym. Join a different gym or keep trolling the people who look like they sat in the bath for too long.

Actually incline db press but still pretty fucking sad you need to drop the weights for that. Seriously, deadlifts would be reasonable, but incline db press? Do 25s sound that loud slamming into the floor?

>controlling the way down on the deadlift

enjoy your scoliosis

thanks dr. faget

I was at the middle of a superset lifting 60lbs dumbells, yeah, that shit was heavy for my shoulders at the end.
Saying I should put them calmly down, thus requiring a whole other group of muscles, is like saying you should do the behind the back press to put the squat bar back on the rack.

>ctrl+f "spotter"
>0 results
okay..

when you get really heavy on dumbell presses, you need somebody to help you with them so you, you already know this, don't fuck your shoulders up.

or you could just do the chad drops

>60lbs dumbells, yeah, that shit was heavy for my shoulders at the end.

Holy fuck you’re weak if that is considered heavy. I thought it was 150lb dumbbells

whilst i agree with you, sometimes people don't have many options and getting kicked out of a gym halfway through a month can be detrimental

You must control your diddlies as shit as your memes you newfag fuckstick.